Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Surpising Gombe State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surpising Gombe State (4788 Views)

Soldiers Surround Ex Gombe State Governor, Senator Danjuma Goje's House / Photos Of Boko Haram Patrolling Gombe And Razed Kawdon Police Headquarters / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Surpising Gombe State by Ikengawo: 6:14am On Jan 31, 2013

Re: Surpising Gombe State by Ikengawo: 6:15am On Jan 31, 2013

Re: Surpising Gombe State by Ikengawo: 6:16am On Jan 31, 2013

Re: Surpising Gombe State by Ikengawo: 6:17am On Jan 31, 2013

Re: Surpising Gombe State by Ikengawo: 6:18am On Jan 31, 2013

Re: Surpising Gombe State by homerac7: 6:30am On Jan 31, 2013
yes oooooooo! that's my Gombe! Jewel of the savanna. guess u took some of the pix in Federal Low Cost estate... enter GRA and Bauchi road make u see some nice town planning too
Re: Surpising Gombe State by Ikengawo: 6:32am On Jan 31, 2013
They're not my pics.
please, if you're in the state take more pictures. I don't know why people in Nigeria can't appreciate their environment.
Re: Surpising Gombe State by PaulJohn1: 6:34am On Jan 31, 2013
Lovely
Re: Surpising Gombe State by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 31, 2013
Some1 said those pix are from gombe state university...technically, that's not really gombe state

1 Like

Re: Surpising Gombe State by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2013
Good roads and neat environment from the little i've seen; but where are the people?

What i infer from these pics is either most of the populace has fled the state b'cos of the boko bastards, or the state is sparsely populated. I get angry when i see how certain states are benefitting from the set-up where allocation is distributed solely based on land mass (which is mainly open desert) and questionable (at best) population figures.

I know some local gov'ts in Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Imo and Rivers states that are 10 times busier than what i'm seeing in these pics! I remember when i served in the north, i noticed some of the local gov'ts are so sparsley populated that the only activity you see is at the tiny local gov't headquarters.....such local gov'ts have just one primary and secondary school and a small marketplace.....that's about as much activity as you're gonna see.

How can a state that has little population to cater for not have enough money left over to build roads; juxtapose this with a state like Imo that is so densely populated with a high level of industrial and commercial activity, and with hundreds of thousands of children hungry for education, yet we're told state/local gov't creation and federal allocation is based solely on open/empty landmass and fraudulent census figures.....see who's being shortchanged here?

But all this doesn't mean Gombe state isn't doing well.....i'm especially impressed with the university.
Re: Surpising Gombe State by Abagworo(m): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2013
I believe that the mosque area should be the heart of the city. The town should not exceed a population of 30,000. I generally consider towns like Ihiala, Mgbidi, Uli, Akokwa, Awgu, Okigwe, Anara , Igwruta, Elele etc as roadside towns but some of them surpass 50 thousand inhabitants and are much busier than Gombe.
Re: Surpising Gombe State by homerac7: 11:45am On Jan 31, 2013
@Abagworo,

Yes, a lot of Nigerian towns r mainly along the major roads, but when you factor that four major highways criss-cross Gombe town, then u will understand its conglomeration better. it is bigger than a town of 30,000 people.

The first pix is in Kasuwa area either along Biu road or close to Biu road. it is where u hav all the banks, so not necessarily university campus.

some of the other pix r around Federal Low cost estate or perhaps GRA. those r the well structured enivronments with paved streets as such.

the mosque, honestly i cant identify it. very likely i might be able if someone gives me a clue. but again, i havent been in gombe for 4 years, so there might be new structures that i haven't seen.
Re: Surpising Gombe State by OAM4J: 11:53am On Jan 31, 2013

(1)

How Bad Can Lagos Drainage Problems Get? / Buhari: Protecting The Incoming President And Government / Exclusive Video: Tinubu Reaction Moment He Heard Of Saraki’s Emergence As Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.