Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised (1028 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo / Vodafone Eyes Nigerian Telecoms MarkeT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by luluosas(m): 8:40am On Feb 01, 2013
Customer's satisfaction is the engine room for progressive brands, where the customer is KING and the service provider is SERVANT
Good morning and Happy February 2013 to you all Nairalanders.
The essence of this thread is to bring to the attention of telecoms subscribers in Nigeria, to the effect of our telecom provider's attitudes to their customer’s inquiries in resolving their various challenges.
Sometimes, when you put a call to the various customer care help desk via their numbers, you end up sometimes attending to the customer care representatives, instead of them attending to you. Remember, you called these customer care people as a result of one challenge and the other you are experiencing while using their services.
I have noticed for some calls I have put to Glo customer care on 121, that, most of their representatives there does not even know some of the services that their employers are offering. How can they therefore be of help to you in this case? These are in addition to the fact that, getting across through their customer care numbers are sometimes near impossibility. They appear dumb and inefficient in handling customers complain. They sometimes even end up abusing you using harsh tones and employing unprofessional attitudes to attend to you. They are so rude, daft and arrogant.
Now, they have all embraced using new technologies to enhance their customer care services, using the various social media networks for this cause. The likes of Facebook, Twitter and Google+, have become a tool today through which some customers are been attended and challenges resolved. This is not to say that, they are doing better using these channels but, at least, we now have alternative mediums to get across to them.
However, most of the complains on their handle particularly on Twitter, are most times never responded nor attended to, thereby leaving the customer with an issue to be corrected frustrated. Some people are lucky to have their issues resolved while others take to abusing them when they fail to attend to them. Even at that, it seems they are not bordered about what their customers are going through as a result of the poor services they are rendering.
Meanwhile, some people usually think that the provider they are presently using is the best, and that there is no form of poor services rendered by them, neither is there complains about them. By the way, if you are been offered poor and terrible services from these telecoms companies without complaining, they will keep on smiling to the banks while you are left in the cold to suffer. If you then choose to be mute, how do you expect them to correct the wrongs they are doing to us?
In the face of these whack services these companies are providing Nigerians, we seems to be on our own, as the agencies empowered by law to defend us against poor services appears to have turned the other way, when we are been cheated. The Nigerian Communications Commission NCC, the regulator of the Nigerian telecom sector, sometimes turns deaf ears and blind eyes to their poor and wicked services. You are cheated and you complain and none is listening. It is very pathetic.
There are other agencies of government empowered to protect the rights of consumers in Nigeria but, they are not forth coming. Even the Consumer Protection Council CPC is there also but, how much of them have we heard?

Telecoms subscribers in Nigeria, I therefore present to you the full links to the various complains as they are daily posted on the Twitter handles of the four major telecoms providers in Nigeria. Visit them and see how we are being treated whether positively or negatively and then, draw a conclusion by yourself, what you feel about their responses and the ways they do handle their subscriber's complains. Thank you and may the good Lord bless you all.

Here they are:-
1. Globacom Limited: Handle is @GlobacomLimited https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=globacomlimited&src=savs

1. MTN NG: Hangle is @MTNNG https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=mtnng&src=typd
2. MTN 180: Handle is @MTN180 https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=mtn180&src=typd

1. Airtel Nigeria: Handle is @AirtelNigeria https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=airtelnigeria

1. Etisalat Nigeria: Handle is @etisalat_9ja https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=etisalat_9ja&src=typd
2. Etisalat Support: Handle is @0809ja_support https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=0809ja_support&src=typd
Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by luluosas(m): 10:40am On Feb 01, 2013
If you keep quiet when cheated, it means you don't know what you doing and you don't care whether you are cheated or not. This is a bad and wicked habit you must discard now. Thank you.

Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by Francheezy(m): 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
y0ur welc0mE
Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by luluosas(m): 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Francheezy: y0ur welc0mE
Thank you.
Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by Francheezy(m): 11:33am On Feb 02, 2013
luluosas:
Thank you.
y0ur welc0mE
Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by luluosas(m): 8:25am On Feb 04, 2013
See how Glo maltreated my loyalty this morning:
Can you imagine the way I was treated by Glo this morning, simply by using their services? Before now, I was on the Glo Gista plan but,decided to migrate to G-BAM plan as a result of the fact that, Glo increased the on-net charges from 10k/s to 15k/s while still maintaining the 40k/s for the first 60 seconds of the day and 30k/s to other network. Whereas, they've silently reduced the rates on the G-BAM plan from N10 to N5 daily access fees and dropping the call tariff from 25k/s to 18k/s for all calls, while still maintaining the 5k/s to 5 registered FAF numbers. I noticed this changes on my other line previously on G-BAM and I decided to confirm from CC and I was told about this new tariff.
So, I decided to move to G-BAM and I dialed *100*5*1# around pass 12AM this night and was charged N5 as the cost of the migration. I immediately registered 3 Glo numbers by dialing *101*1*glo number# to enable me speak with my elder sister for a longer time, as a result of the fact that, my mother was rushed to the hospital yesterday and her condition was very critical. Thank God she is a bit OK now, though there are still challenges.
After registering the numbers, I was surprised at the exorbitant amount I was charged when I called. I immediately put a call to customer care on 121 and for the very first time in my life on calling 121, the call was immediately answered. The attendant pleaded with me that she cannot access my number (due to their unending engineers carrying out system maintenance work excuses) that I should call back later.
So, at day break this morning, I put a call again to my sister to ask how my mother was doing. I was shocked that my N76.20 left on my account varnished in 4 minutes and some seconds. I was very angry because, that call was to be charged at N12 plus as a result of the fact that, G-BAM costs 5k/s for FAF numbers.
After this bitter experiences, I decided to call back CC and to my shock, the guy that attended to me blatantly told me that I don't have any single number on my FAF list. He said I was charged 30k/s because the access fee of N10 was not deducted, this notwithstanding the fact that I registered today 4th February, 2013, and the access fees (N5) for today has already been deducted at registration. This is a clear case of incompetent and limited/minimum knowledge about the various Glo services at these representative's table.
However, dialing 125 is telling me the numbers I have on my FAF list and this my sister's number is there. So, who is lying between the Glo IVR service center and their physical human CC representative? Glo, you must refund my money now.
For the avoidance of doubts, here are the messages I earlier received from Glo this morning.
1. Dear Customer, as a G-BAM customer, you have received FREE 5Mb for browsing. Browse and enjoy the best calling rates on G-Bam. Enjoy!
Time: 2/4/2013 3:47:14 AM
2. Dear customer, your are now subscribed to GBAM data bonus
Time: 2/4/2013 3:48:04 AM
Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by Francheezy(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2013
b0sS, abeg n0 mynd dem jareey...al 0f em r d same...wishin y0 m0mmA qu!ck rec0verY
Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by luluosas(m): 11:53am On Feb 04, 2013
Francheezy: b0sS, abeg n0 mynd dem jareey...al 0f em r d same...wishin y0 m0mmA qu!ck rec0verY
Thank you very much brother.
Re: How The Nigerian Telecoms Providers Treats Their Customers Over Complains Raised by Francheezy(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
luluosas:
Thank you very much brother.
y0uR welc0mE

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows How To Use The Glo Bis On A Laptop? / Microsoft Unveils The Surface 2 And Surface Pro 2 Tablets / How To Use The Etisalat BIS On Other Phones And Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.