Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings (762 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Kaduna Government Demolishes All Islamic Movement Properties, Cemeteries - Musa / The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by olokfor: 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Osun State, on Thursday, disclosed that it had demolished 3,000 dilapidated school buildingsout of the 4,000 deplorable school buildings identified across the 30 local government areas in the state.
The government, which also allayed the fears of residents of the state on the planned merger of the primary and post primary schools in the state, contended that the development was targeted at repositioning thestate’s educational sector, with much emphasis on delivery of quality knowledge to the pupils.

Addressing newsmen in Osogbo, on Thursday, the chairman, Osun Schools Infrastructure Development Committee (O’ schools), Chief Lai Oyeduntan, stated that his committee had spotted schools with dangerously dilapidated structures in the state and will replace them with new ones.
He hinted that 100 model elementary schools would be built in the state, while 50 middle schools and 20 high schools would also be built in the nine federal constituencies of the state before the end of this year.

While contending that most of the school buildings in the state were constructed by the administration of former Premier of the old Western region, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and that of the former governor of the old Oyo State, Chief Bola Ige, Oyeduntan observed that the buildings were weak and could no longer stand
the test of time.

According to him, most of the school buildings erected during the administration of the immediate past Governor of the state, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola were either located close to high ways or of low quality standard, a development which compelled the government to demolish them.
He explained that the buildings that were demolished were not only those built by the government of Oyinlola as insinuated by somepeople, stressing that the present governmentin the state does not put political sentiments into its actions and deeds.

Oyeduntan who said arrangements had already been concluded to ensure that the planned merger of schools succeed, assured that all envisaged challenges that may affect the new government policy have been considered, such that the policy would be beneficial to all the stakeholders in the education sector including parents and pupils.

SOURCE-http://informationnaija.com/osun-demolishes-3000-public-school-buildings/

Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by AustineE1: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
...atleast i can now have a breath of fresh air,i thought the islamist governor of the 'state of Osun',was going to replace the schools with the Almajiri model schools,like the ones in sokoto and borno!!!though still waiting with suspicion!
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Wadeoye(m): 9:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
Austine.E:
...atleast i can now have a breath of fresh air,i thought the islamist governor of the 'state of Osun',was going to replace the schools with the Almajiri model schools,like the ones in sokoto and borno!!!though still waiting with suspicion!

Shut up your Amadioha mouth... WOuld you please show us what the CAN governors (private jet lovers) in SE are doing to improve the erosion ravaged villages there? Hypocritical morally bankrupt human beings.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Ikengawo: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2013
Well, he's simply copying what River's state did 4 years ago.
power to him, he's becoming a governor i really respect.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Wendyslim(f): 11:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
Wadeoye:

Shut up your Amadioha mouth... WOuld you please show us what the CAN governors (private jet lovers) in SE are doing to improve the erosion ravaged villages there? Hypocritical morally bankrupt human beings.
why will you insult him becos he is sharing his opinion abi we no get freedom of speech again? Anyway demolishing 3000 schools out of 4000 is not a good idea cos to bring dem back it requires a lot of money and at the same time will leave so many people jobless.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Wadeoye(m): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Wendyslim: why will you insult him becos he is sharing his opinion abi we no get freedom of speech again? Anyway demolishing 3000 schools out of 4000 is not a good idea cos to bring dem back it requires a lot of money and at the same time will leave so many people jobless.

Your post is childish... so I wont respond to it.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by PaulJohn1: 11:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ikengawo: Well, he's simply copying what River's state did 4 years ago.
power to him, he's becoming a governor i really respect.

You're sure about that? ..."copying rivers"
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by 401kk: 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
I hate nigerian journalists. What sort of news is this? Present facts next time and don't throw up round figures. 3000 school buildings or schools?
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Wendyslim(f): 12:00am On Feb 02, 2013
Wadeoye:

Your post is childish... so I wont respond to it.
. Ok mr bin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by passion007: 7:31am On Feb 02, 2013
Wendyslim: why will you insult him becos he is sharing his opinion abi we no get freedom of speech again? Anyway demolishing 3000 schools out of 4000 is not a good idea cos to bring dem back it requires a lot of money and at the same time will leave so many people jobless.
Would you send your kid to one of those 3000 dilapidated school buildings? No? So let the man do his job. Not many Governors in Nigeria see education as a priority.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Gbawe: 9:03am On Feb 02, 2013
passion007: Would you send your kid to one of those 3000 dilapidated school buildings? No? So let the man do his job. Not many Governors in Nigeria see education as a priority.
Thank you. I don't know what it is about this forum. So many stubborn and unreasonable people congregated in one place.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Tolexander: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2013
takin a look on the dilapidated structures of the primary and secondary schools in osun state, to be sincere, incacerated in the classes is suicidal and homicidal to the teachers and pupils.
Reconstruction of the schools are a commendable and applauding projects which is worthy of emulation by the other administrators
Most of these schools are structurally weak due to their age and the structures built by Oyinlola are just nonsence to say the least.
But the issue i wouldn't subscribe to is merging of these schools. Imagine a pupil schooling very close to his home now having to trek a long distance to get to school all because of merging.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by slimming: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2013
Probably rebuilding.
Re: Osun Demolishes 3,000 Public School Buildings by Gbawe: 9:14am On Feb 02, 2013

Check the antecedent of the bigot you speak in favour of to see people like him are ruining this forum. They are malevolently in the business of others 24/7 and always cursing the leadership efforts of others, when not even stakeholders, while sparring their own woeful leaders closer to home. They deserve the animosity they get.

Some Nigerians are simply cursed because citizens of the many Nations I know by direct experience still retain the decency to give credit where due and call a spade a spade regardless of ethnic or sectional differences. It is only Nigeria that comes to mind when I think of a Nation with very unreasonable people programmed blindly to hate others to the extent they can never see or say anything good about the efforts of others. You should go back and read the garbage he wrote and then comment appropriately because you seem no different to him when you can speak in support of someone falsely calling Aregbesola an "Islamist Governor". What concerns him with Osun to the extent he must come here lying and creating mischief while you dubiously tag that "freedom of speech"?

(1) (Reply)

When Will This Electoral "Mago Mago" End In Bayelsa State? / Local Government Council Or Business Venture Council? / Police Parade NTA Reporter Olubunmi Oke’s Kidnap Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.