Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? (17495 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by achi4u(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2013
Piponomics:
Bros haba..Fear God nah bikozienu?
Keep 'worksing' into the bank
post edited.thanks
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by bigfat02: 10:28am On Feb 02, 2013
they are a loads of master-piece

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by cecegorz(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2013
naptu2: (Narrated by Femi Falana after Gani's death).

Gani Fawehinmi had been sued by Olusegun Obasanjo for libel. It looked like he would lose the case. In court Femi Falana sat beside Gani and whispered to him that the case looked bad. Gani replied that the case would not be heard.

"But the Judge is ready to sit and the case has been listed", replied Falana.

"Just watch what will happen" said Gani.

When the case was called, Gani told the judge that the case can not be heard. The judge asked for his reasons.

"My lord, the plaintiff in this case is a military man and behind you hangs the picture of the Military Administrator, how can I then accept that this court is impartial?"

The judge then adjourned the case, to be resumed later in the day (according to Mr Falana, the case was not called again that day). Since then, the picture of the head of state/governor has been replaced by a picture of the coat of arms of Nigeria.
Wow! This is quite impressive.
Can any lawyer confirm that we no longer have Presidents/Govs pictures nailed in the walls of our law courts.
I used to think it's constitutional to have those pictures in place.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by uchedydy: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2013
bigass: age should be a criteria for opening accounts on Nairaland. @op should they put up your own pictures? olosi
u r right, some jst post wat i dont know here...n d funny tyn is,they make front page...bombom.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 10:43am On Feb 02, 2013
FreeGlobe: Nigeria is doomed! Of all things happening in the cesspit called Nigeria, this is what somebody is worried about? Would it matter to you if the governor is not corrupt and competent? How can we have a competent and non corrupt governor? It is not particular to Nigeria too. Again Nigeria is doomed with the petty mindseted population it has.

okay sir, i know it common in China or Korea, i just want to know the reason why you will put a picture of a government official in your hall?
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 02, 2013
sarutobie:
And this dumb post got 3 likes..truely teenagers have besieged NL.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, see wat is paining you. Dat sb got 3likes for wat u dnt support.
As for me, dat picture thing isnt ma prob @ all. I dont care
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 10:46am On Feb 02, 2013
aieromon: You guys shouldn't give Mr Seun Osewa dirty ideas.

I can't picture opening this site and seeing someone's picture covering half of my screen. grin grin

Big brother is watching you grin from ogun state

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by misterh(m): 10:49am On Feb 02, 2013
Whether you like it or not, these 'thieves' represent the government and there is nothing you can do to it, as long as they occupy those positions. You call them thieves when no law court have found them guilty of any crime. It is not as if i am suporting corruption but these leaders are innocent until proven otherwise. What you should do is to try to make those that occupy those posts those that have integrity.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by slimfit1(m): 10:50am On Feb 02, 2013
achi4u: Which angle are shooting from?
Any degree this man is making me offend the Holy spirit he should always let us know when he is hanging out with this corrupt officials in a personal level and a spiritual level I use to be a member of can myself so I don't want any pastor to mess up my head as it is messed up already as it is sir.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Jakumo(m): 10:50am On Feb 02, 2013
Being self employed as a printer of authentic funny money, the walls of my office are home to a generous selection of pictures showing yours truly dressed in full military regalia with a gigantic peak cap set at a jaunty angle, spear-in-hand wearing traditional leopard-skin loin-cloth, cavorting with nubile wenches in the jakuzzi, and posing with a big-bore rifle over a freshly shot lion out on the Serengeti Plains, dressed in my Great White Hunter khaki getup.

Employees are of course required by decree to salute and bow deeply before each and every one of those photographs of me at least THRICE DAILY, to avoid the penalty of having their salaries confiscated for failure to pay homage religiously.

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by vivgermans: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2013
geeez: It disgusts me really. Even some banks do it

Not some, but ALL d banks.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by IncomeTutor: 10:56am On Feb 02, 2013
Blow their trumpet. AGIP (Any Government In Power)
and your days and finance will increase
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by vision2050: 11:07am On Feb 02, 2013
at least for those who have not see there gov, president before.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by BlackPeni5: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2013
rich$:
u are a reflection of your name

Unfortunately, u are the opposite of ur username
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2013
ITbomb:
Then we should concentrate our energies on building institutions that can check the abuse of position rather than fighting on who is occupying the office.
A judge grant a thief relief of 750k and nobody is making any concrete move to push for the reform of the judicial system , everybody just ranting on the internet.

Yes, the institutions aren't perfect. There are no perfect institutions in the world since they are being managed by human beings like you and me. Even if we have perfect institutions, hanging pictures of persons who manage them in your place of work is stupìd. He/She is a human being like you who's doing his/her job.

If you want to respect their offices, there are symbols that represent them, example- the coat of arms, our national flag. No politician/person is bigger than what these symbols represent and the people who work for these institutions shouldn't be revered because its their job and we're in a democracy not a monarchy or military rule.

When you treat these people whom y'all collectively gave authority as kings, then they have no choice than to treat you as subjects. The populace now see these offices/positions as a pathway to instant riches and power. These offices now attract criminals who use all sorts of illegal means to get into these positions. On attaining these official positions, they abuse their offices and when they're leaving they install their puppets or fellow criminals to continue. The cycle continues and we wallow in misery, while we're the root cause of these problems.

In countries where proper democracies are being run, these things don't happen.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by yuzedo: 11:12am On Feb 02, 2013

Gani Fawehinmi had been sued by Olusegun Obasanjo for libel. It looked like he would lose the case. In court Femi Falana sat beside Gani and whispered to him that the case looked bad. Gani replied that the case would not be heard.

When the case was called, Gani told the judge that the case can not be heard. The judge asked for his reasons.

"My lord, the plaintiff in this case is a military man and behind you hangs the picture of the Military Administrator, how can I then accept that this court is impartial?"

The judge then adjourned the case, to be resumed later in the day (according to Mr Falana, the case was not called again that day). Since then, the picture of the head of state/governor has been replaced by a picture of the coat of arms of Nigeria.
Naptu is a god! cool
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by femijck(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2013
bigass: age should be a criteria for opening accounts on Nairaland. @op should they put up your own pictures? olosi
if nairaland account opening should be base on age or maturity, im so sure u'll neva find ur way here even in d next 30yrs....plz u need to learn ao to respect others ok especially in a forum like this.. Its neva a must that u comment .
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by femijck(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2013
Instead of hanging pictures of thieves and murderers while not jez hang our beautiful green-white-green like the americans do in the own case.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Ishilove: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2013
Jakumo: Being self employed as a printer of authentic funny money, the walls of my office are home to a generous selection of pictures showing yours truly dressed in full military regalia with a gigantic peak cap set at a jaunty angle, spear-in-hand wearing traditional leopard-skin loin-cloth, cavorting with nubile wenches in the jakuzzi, and posing with a big-bore rifle over a freshly shot lion out on the Serengeti Plains, dressed in my Great White Hunter khaki getup.

Employees are of course required by decree to salute and bow deeply before each and every one of those photographs of me at least THRICE DAILY, to avoid the penalty of having their salaries confiscated for failure to pay homage religiously.
Jakuuuuumo!!! You no go kill person with laugh!! cheesy cheesy

This man is a real character cheesy
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by FXKing2012(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2013
J12: Seriously, why do businesses and organisations hang pictures of thieving politicians on their office walls?
You walk into a bank, hospital or office and you see the picture of a certified crook on the wall, smiling happily at you.
When did this stupìd practice start and what prompted it? I find it quite disturbing to see that these kleptocrats are being revered when they're supposed to be scorned and abused.
Because they are still your leaders due to your inability and unwillingness to kick-start a revolution for change.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Exponental(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2013
Sign of authority!
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by kufre2010: 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
Blackteeth: if your mama get one eye, na your mama...

if your president dey thief, na still your president. So let their pictures remain there.
if my president get one eye na my president but if my president dey thieve no b my president, na thief president.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
femijck: Instead of hanging pictures of thieves and murderers while not jez hang our beautiful green-white-green like the americans do in the own case.

wink
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Abbott(m): 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2013

Opolopo opolo!
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by ysquare(m): 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
I am expecting some1 2 tell us or explain d reason behind those pictures rather than this tom & jerry play u guys playing here

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2013

I can't picture opening this site and seeing someone's picture covering half of my screen. grin grin
looooool

looooool

looooool
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by otele(m): 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
ysquare: I am expecting some1 2 tell us or explain d reason behind those pictures rather than this tom & jerry play u guys playing here
In the spirit of Tom and Jerry, cheesy
@op,
Perhaps they should hang the photo of queen Elizabeth on the wall in your bank/office in Nigeria. Lets see how that will make you feel cool

Those photos are symbols of sovereignty and authority. You don't like them, you vote them out.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by hizaya61(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
High service
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by JimmyBoy1: 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
For banks, it is not optional, it is a regulatory matter. If CBN inspectors come to your branch and the two pictures are not hung on the wall, then the bank would be liable to a fine.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by tpia5: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
Beginning of madness

Op
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
Jimmy Boy: For banks, it is not optional, it is a regulatory matter. If CBN inspectors come to your branch and the two pictures are not hung on the wall, then the bank would be liable to a fine.

are you serious?
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
otele:
In the spirit of Tom and Jerry, cheesy
@op,
Perhaps they should hang the photo of queen Elizabeth on the wall in your bank/office in Nigeria. Lets see how that will make you feel cool

Those photos are symbols of sovereignty and authority. You don't like them, you vote them out.
##

its not about who is in the pic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opposition Behind Fake Video Of Explosion At South African High Commission – FG / Fuel Price Vs. Minimum Wage In Opec Countries Inc. Nigeria / Buhari At The Opening Plenary At Morrocco Of The High Level Segment Of #COP22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.