Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! (2504 Views)

Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number And Driver's License / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2013
Nairalanders please I need information and assistance regarding the new lagos plate number. I recently purchased a registered car here on nairaland,the car is good but has an old abuja number.Someone at alausa is now saying that since the old number is engraved on the car I can't get the new lagos plate no.please is this true?thank you all for the response.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 02, 2013
Guy, u can still get Lagos number, never stick to just one criminal that may want 2 swindle u of ur hard earnd money. Go to ikotun, u get it done, just did mine there which was engraved with Ogun number plate.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 10:07am On Feb 02, 2013
JudismphD: Guy, u can still get Lagos number, never stick to just one criminal that may want 2 swindle u of ur hard earnd money. Go to ikotun, u get it done, just did mine there which was engraved with Ogun number plate.

You can't imagine how relieved I am,I'm sooo grateful to you my brother!pls where in ikotun,can I have someones number,how much will it cost me and how long did it take?where in ikotun is the place and did you take your old number plates along?once again may God bless you for this timely instruction!

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 10:09am On Feb 02, 2013
Better still maybe I could go there physically,pls can I have the address?thank you sir!
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by DAY12(m): 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
If you stay/work on the island call me, you will get it in 3days.

Day11.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
Day 11 thanks a lot for the response but I don't stay or work on the island.once again thank you!
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 4:38am On Feb 03, 2013
JudismphD: Guy, u can still get Lagos number, never stick to just one criminal that may want 2 swindle u of ur hard earnd money. Go to ikotun, u get it done, just did mine there which was engraved with Ogun number plate.

Please I'm waiting for your response my brother,I need to get it done tommorrow,where in ikotun please? thank you.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by emekan: 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
There is a lady I use. She operates from the licensing office at Alaka in Surulere. Her name is Iyabo. Her phone number is 08029440290. She is very reliable. Don't let her charge you anything above 25,000. Goodluck.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
Thank you so much!I will call her right away!
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by EvilSirit: 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2013
Hello all...just want to know how much to register a tokuboh car(plate nos,vehicleLicense inclusive)
Thanks
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2013
Thank you so much for the responses, i have the number plates now. smiley
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by timbros(m): 8:48am On Feb 07, 2013
me' n 'me:
Thank you so much for the responses, i have the number plates now. smiley

How much did it cost you?
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by timbros(m): 8:49am On Feb 07, 2013
Evil Sirit: Hello all...just want to know how much to register a tokuboh car(plate nos,vehicleLicense inclusive)
Thanks

Mine cost me 40k. Abuja plate number...
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2013
timbros:

Im so sorry for the late response! 35k.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by Ogojohn(m): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2013
me' n 'me:

SEE THE KIND OF PROBLEMS OUR GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING OUR PPL INTO.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2013
me' n 'me:

You can't imagine how relieved I am,I'm sooo grateful to you my brother!pls where in ikotun,can I have someones number,how much will it cost me and how long did it take?where in ikotun is the place and did you take your old number plates along?once again may God bless you for this timely instruction!
the local government beside ikotun police station. D L.G also houses road safety. Go in and make ur enquiries.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2013
timbros:

renewal is 25k and new or tokunbu at 35k. Even at Ikeja local govt bt beta stil go 2 ikotun
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by ebrahym(m): 9:00am On Feb 20, 2013
me' n 'me:

good morning. Pls I need ur advice. After getting the new plate number or before, did u get a change of ownership? Or u just did d plate number direct and obtain a new proof of ownership.

Also, do police still ask for the former documents of d car? Cos I'm in dis situation and I thought I shud be good to go as soon as I change d plate number and got a new proof of ownership.

Thankxx
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by mygee33(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
I went to renew license this morning but the agent is asking for 30k for change of ownership. Said it has a different name in auto reg (the former owner). Said the old one was fake. Its a big problem for me right now.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
[quote author=ebrahym]

good morning. Pls I need ur advice. After getting the new plate number or before, did u get a change of ownership? Or u just did d plate number direct and obtain a new proof of ownership.

Also, do police still ask for the former documents of d car? Cos I'm in dis situation and I thought I shud be good to go as soon as I change d plate number and got a new proof of ownership.

Thankxx[/quote
I can imagine!I did change of ownership and due to the fact that it was formerly an abuja no the calim that its fake is common,but the woman that assisted me did a police report stating that the old plate was fake hence the need for a new one and that was why I paid for a new registration.chenge of ownership inclusive,and no police doesn't ask for the old docs as you're the new owner.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by menme: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
mygee33: I went to renew license this morning but the agent is asking for 30k for change of ownership. Said it has a different name in auto reg (the former owner). Said the old one was fake. Its a big problem for me right now.

Is it abuja old number?I guess they use the fake claim to make people register newly!but if its abuja its a usual song that is being sung by all the agents.
Re: Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! by evoama4all: 8:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
pls Timbros n co' is d @N35k for plate number n licensing registratn. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Looking At BMW X3 / I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise / How To Differentiate Between Golf 2, 3 And 4.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.