Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On (2373 Views)

See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / My Toyota Camry 2002 (2.4) Refuses To Start But I Cranking Fine (engine Turns) / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by atama27(m): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2015
It started early this year, one out of ten times when I try to start the car it refuses to start,but if I wait after lyk 15 minutes and try again, it will pick I spoke to my mechanic about it, am not convinced at his experience on it,i don't want a trial an error on the car. Can I get response from xperience hands please.
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by mayor2013: 8:05am On Aug 23, 2015
atama27:
It started early this year, one out of ten times when I try to start the car it refuses to start,but if I wait after lyk 15 minutes and try again, it will pick I spoke to my mechanic about it, am not convinced at his experience on it,i don't want a trial an error on the car. Can I get response from xperience hands please.

Have you tried running a scan on your car. That would narrow it down to what is going down there on your car. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 tonget a scan and a fix

1 Like

Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Scan will only be necessary if it cranks without starting.
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Aug 23, 2015
atama27:

Does it crank at all times?
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by DECOtech(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2015
Interesting thread.

Following.
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by EVehicleConsult: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
If you don't have cranks at first get a rewire to check the kick started ,if manual.and if automatic check kick-starter and range sensor.locally called start switch
atama27:

1 Like

Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
EVehicleConsult:
If you don't have cranks at first get a rewire to check the kick started ,if manual.and if automatic check kick-starter and range sensor.locally called start switch

What is a re-wire? cheesy

Op be carful before your car starts to make a "kpom" sound sad
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by EVehicleConsult: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Electrical technicians for auto sorry for that word rewire its the local name

Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by mayor2013: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by corneli83(m): 4:20am On Aug 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

No need to sugarcoat since the main objective is to make the car work. Nigerian technicians do not have much difficulties fixing a corolla 2001, except for the dullards among them. OP, ask around for a very good "rewire" to check your car and the problem will be fixed.

1 Like

Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2015
If the engine cranks and does not start, a lot of things could be wrong

Crank shaft position sensor
Harness problem
Fuel pressure
Fuses
Relays
Engine ecu

A diagnosis and a scan could easily narrow it down.

If engine does not crank a lot of things could be wrong

Battery
Battery contacts
Ignition switch
Starter relay
Starter motor
Grounding issues
Park neutral switch
Hydro lock (leaking. Injectors or leaking head gasket)
Worn out flywheel teeth.

The OP has not helped matters. recommending a "rewire" might not be a very good idea until the op responds to the question.
GAZZUZZ:

Don't get me wrong there are competent "rewires" out there, but not all of them are good at what they do.
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by fishly(f): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2015
Op needs a technician to address his English first....once you can describe the problem in details, help is on your way
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by atama27(m): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

it happens like once in a while
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by atama27(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
corneli83:

No need to sugarcoat since the main objective is to make the car work. Nigerian technicians do not have much difficulties fixing a corolla 2001, except for the dullards among them. OP, ask around for a very good "rewire" to check your car and the problem will be fixed.
. Thank you I appreciate
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by atama27(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
fishly:
Op needs a technician to address his English first....once you can describe the problem in details, help is on your way
thank you, am not good with cars, it cranks but doesn't start, it happened again on saturday and my mechanic was saying something about fuel pump( fuel pressure) but it's strange cos it comes on after a little time., I will need a scan as suggested or probably the re-wire.
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by atama27(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Scan will only be necessary if it cranks without starting.

yes it cranks without sstarting
Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
atama27:
yes it cranks without sstarting

Scanning and diagnostics

The diagnostic part is very broad and more important, a faulty crank position sensor might not show up on a scan, but will cause the issues you complained of, a bad fuel pressure release valve will also not show up on a scan.

Please avoid a "REWIRE" if not your car might have a kpom sound.

1 Like

Re: My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On by atama27(m): 1:33am On Aug 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Scanning and diagnostics

The diagnostic part is very broad and more important, a faulty crank position sensor might not show up on a scan, but will cause the issues you complained of, a bad fuel pressure release valve will also not show up on a scan.

Please avoid a "REWIRE" if not your car might have a kpom sound.
Thank you,i will avoid a "REWIRE"

(1) (Reply)

Ford Vs Toyota After Overheating What Went Bad? / Brake Light Indication On My Dashboard. / Volvo Xc90 And Acura Mdx 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.