Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout (11066 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Akshow: 9:32am On Feb 03, 2013
asala1:
Its our country too. Your generation may be forsaken but not our country. Don't allow your brain to but idle use it.
why are you misquotin people and contradicting your self you m.oooron. What you wrote made no sense at all ayirada. Your tenth generation before and after you will be forsaken arindin oshi
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by vanstanzy(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2013
Akshow: I still insist this is not enough reason for us not to watch afcon on our local stations. Ok 8mil euros is ridiculous but They reduced it to half of that. How much is that money compared to money earmarked for one stupid project or the other. When the first lady has billions allocated for her mission house. What I'm sayin is football is the only thin that unite us in this God forsaken country. This act goes ahead to prove that our useless govt dont give a damn about the masses!

U are one of the few that has written reasonably. I don't fv*cking understand what the top commentators are "YAPPING" about. The Nigerian govt can spend a lot on "USELESS, SHITTY" projects but the AFCON that favours everyone is considered a "FOOLS ERRAND" to them. I pity Nigerians that don't understand this conspiracy.

1 Like

Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by azima01: 9:38am On Feb 03, 2013
stan smart: una dey mak me laugh how can Nigeria pay d same amount with other countries? so do u tink Nigeria pays the same amount with Ghana for premiership rights? this is economics, stuffs lik media coverage, population and other factors determine d price. Just recently NBC acquired premiership rights in the USA for 250 million dollars and i tink Nigeria gets d rights for 10m dols so judging by ur own reasoning why is USA not paying the same amount as Nigeria. mak una open una brain tink.
do d maths na. If we pay 10mill dollars 4 premiership rights dat spans 4 abt 9 mnts, how do u xpect us 2 pay 4.5 mill 4 a boring competition dat lasts 4 just 3wks

3 Likes

Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by vanstanzy(m): 9:39am On Feb 03, 2013
paul234: Last to comment

What is all these useless "TRAVIAN" advertorial ya'll putting up here? Una sure say them no carry virus? Cos each time i click any link on NL, TRAVIAN sh!7 pops-up. angry angry angry
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by vislabraye(m): 9:43am On Feb 03, 2013
Well, we watch in on DSTV. And even some of the matches were just too boring.
So whose loss is it?
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by darenxy732: 9:44am On Feb 03, 2013
caf day craze so na nigeria get money abi
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by tayoccu(m): 9:44am On Feb 03, 2013
azima01: do d maths na. If we pay 10mill dollars 4 premiership rights dat spans 4 abt 9 mnts, how do u xpect us 2 pay 4.5 mill 4 a boring competition dat lasts 4 just 3wks

You forgot to add the quality of the content that the $10m covers.
Why on Earth should we pay $4.5m 4 a Competition where most of the gameplay is sloppy, the officiating is wack, and the match fixing is so glaring?
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Hearme(m): 9:48am On Feb 03, 2013
X-factoria:
This CAF guy na fool!

Now that Nigeria didn't pay a dime and CAF got nothing, would CAF go bankrupt? Whose loss is it?

How much did other countries pay for the right? I am sure if BON was asked to pay the same fees as other countries, they would not object. CAF obviously wanted to exploit the huge population of Nigeria for gains. Well, they got their fingers burnt.

I still stand with BON on this.

Probably the reason Nigeria were given bad officials. in their first two games
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by vislabraye(m): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2013
vanstanzy:

U are one of the few that has written reasonably. I don't fv*cking understand what the top commentators are "YAPPING" about. The Nigerian govt can spend a lot on "USELESS, SHITTY" projects but the AFCON that favours everyone is considered a "FOOLS ERRAND" to them. I pity Nigerians that don't understand this conspiracy.

Whatever Nigeria does with her money is not AFCON's business.This is not to support corruption.
Does the competition worth that amount?
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by vanstanzy(m): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2013
vislabraye:

Whatever Nigeria does with her money is not AFCON's business.This is not to support corruption.
Does the competition worth that amount?

Nigeria is a country that supposedly practices democracy, right? So the answer i have for u goes like this; Democracy is government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Isn't our govt supposed to protect the interest of its citizens by purchasing the AFCON viewing right for her citizens? If military dictators can do this, then why not a democratic govt? This govt isn't telling us the truth.

1 Like

Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by honeypie143: 10:30am On Feb 03, 2013
Akshow: your mama left Nyansh. Amukunmekor oshi.

Bastard son of his father embarassed grin
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by adesoyta: 10:48am On Feb 03, 2013
Both BON & CAF are all disgrulted elements.They wanted to reap where they did not sow.BON has been paying such monies in the̶̲̥̅̊ past & get their kick backs.CAF is corrupt ѠĪŦĤ our own son therein.
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by chucky234(m): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2013
vanstanzy:

What conspiracy are you yapping about,will the AFCON put food on your table? How many Nigerians watch other matches aside Nigerian matches,I see no reason why BON/FG should spend eur 4.5m on AFCON broadcast just for Nigerians to watch chicken,no sorry Super Eagles play 4 - 7 (thats if they get to the final) boring and heart aching matches.
I can clearly see you have a rare brain tumor,you berra see a doctor fast.
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by chucky234(m): 11:33am On Feb 03, 2013
vanstanzy:

Nigeria is a country that supposedly practices democracy, right? So the answer i have for u goes like this; Democracy is government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Isn't our govt supposed to protect the interest of its citizens by purchasing the AFCON viewing right for her citizens? If military dictators can do this, then why not a democratic govt? This govt isn't telling us the truth.
What a beetle-headed combobulated goon thinking with hias nyash instead of his premature pus called brain.
So FG should dish out 4.5m euros to enrich LC2/CAF purse simply because the masses wants to watch super chickens play 6 boring games,that amount will go a long way in restructuring our ailing educational and medical system.
If you so wish to watch AFCON matches live then get yourself a GoTv at just N8,000 of simply watch into a nearby DSTV viewing center with your N50.
Idio:t.
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Viktallbay(m): 11:59am On Feb 03, 2013
Akshow: I still insist this is not enough reason for us not to watch afcon on our local stations. Ok 8mil euros is ridiculous but They reduced it to half of that. How much is that money compared to money earmarked for one stupid project or the other. When the first lady has billions allocated for her mission house. What I'm sayin is football is the only thin that unite us in this God forsaken country. This act goes ahead to prove that our useless govt dont give a damn about the masses!
u re a f**l if our politicians must squander our money giving it to their wives is much better, atleast they cant spend all the money abroad a percentage of it will find its way into our circulation (dey've got to buy somethings ere) but give dat much to caf and nd dey wont spend a dime of it in nigeria
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Osrachingy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2013

What a way to prove stupidity..dis guy is a big time fool ooo... d greatest idiot iv eva met on NL..no one will beat ur record! Na ur papa and mama house b God forsaken..Omo Ale JatiJati.
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Osrachingy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
vanstanzy:

Another way to prove Insanity... So Nigeria shud pay €4.5m abi?? So dt d next AFCON edition dey'll ask for 10 and we pay again?? D next dey ask for 20 we pay again?? Oponu Ayirada!
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Proxytalk: 12:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
this man is dubius. he refused to mention that at the last minutes fed gvot intervened and scaled the price up to $3.5m . its ahuge loss but i hope they learn their lesson

1 Like

Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
I'm impressed with BON and all TV owners in Nigeria for not paying that outrageous amount. CAF and LC2 must have felt the loss for not selling to the most populated black nation on earth. Next time they will be considerate. We will never accept such exploitation.

1 Like

Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
vanstanzy:

wow!see misplaced priority,it is not a right to watch a sporting event,its a right to have your neccessary freedoms but watch a sporting event?wow!
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by donpetros: 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
vanstanzy:

CAF cant use corruption among Nigeria's public office holders as a basis of exploiting us, from 8 million euros to 4.5 million euros haba, dem no try. Am glad BON didnt pay the money because Nigerians who wants to watch the match are still watching.Besides they have saved millions of Nigerians the heart attack of waching Super eagles
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by danniekute(m): 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
is u dat is useless,u cnt even coordinate ur brain.dnt ever insult d govt of ds nation cos it is none of dia business.ds is solely BON business,even d FG wantd to subsidize d tin but BON refused.thumps up to BON.
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Akshow: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
honeypie143:

Bastard son of his father embarassed grin
*sow* son of a w.h.oore!
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Akshow: 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
danniekute: is u dat is useless,u cnt even coordinate ur brain.dnt ever insult d govt of ds nation cos it is none of dia business.ds is solely BON business,even d FG wantd to subsidize d tin but BON refused.thumps up to BON.
who let this dog loose? Park well well m.oooron. Peanut brain fool
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Akshow: 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
Osrachingy:

What a way to prove stupidity..dis guy is a big time fool ooo... d greatest idiot iv eva met on NL..no one will beat ur record! Na ur papa and mama house b God forsaken..Omo Ale JatiJati.
the lamelessness of your post proves beyond reasonable doubt that you are retarded. Akuri, olorijijo,apoda alakori omo làsan ikèji ajaa. Twueee! Your entire lineage from Adam are forsaken Mumu. As if you need a soothsayer to tell you naija is one big joke
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Akshow: 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
Viktallbay: u re a f**l if our politicians must squander our money giving it to their wives is much better, atleast they cant spend all the money abroad a percentage of it will find its way into our circulation (dey've got to buy somethings ere) but give dat much to caf and nd dey wont spend a dime of it in nigeria
see childish sense. Are you for real? Did you just type the above? Its obvious you are bereft of common sense So arguin wit a road side tout like you aint worth it. Shame on you and your entire generation for this lame post of yours. You ve succeeded in wastin your parents money if wit all your education no matter how little it is, this is all you can utter on this matter them you are a shame to your fathers name. Mumu
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Ilaje44(m): 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2013

Why should government use public money to pay fifa/caf?

No voice, no pay. Abi yello FIFA (CAF) ti abandon non-interference policy won ni?
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Ilaje44(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
Viktallbay: u re a f**l if our politicians must squander our money giving it to their wives is much better, atleast they cant spend all the money abroad a percentage of it will find its way into our circulation (dey've got to buy somethings ere) but give dat much to caf and nd dey wont spend a dime of it in nigeria

That's not true. Every team get a slice of the cake. The better you are, the bigger your cake. if Nigeria wins the cup, the Nigerian FA get the biggest slice of the AFCON cake. And because the players get a chunk of the slice, they are also a good partaker of the Chop I chop. Subsequently, the wives and girlfriends or concubine get some trickle of the chunk. In essence, the CAF money does get into the Nigerian economy.
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Akshow: 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ilaje44:

Why should government use public money to pay fifa/caf?

No voice, no pay. Abi yello FIFA (CAF) ti abandon non-interference policy won ni?
Whats he saying? If English aint your forte use vernacular pls. Your post made no sense at all
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by hovic(m): 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
stan smart: una dey mak me laugh how can Nigeria pay d same amount with other countries? so do u tink Nigeria pays the same amount with Ghana for premiership rights? this is economics, stuffs lik media coverage, population and other factors determine d price. Just recently NBC acquired premiership rights in the USA for 250 million dollars and i tink Nigeria gets d rights for 10m dols so judging by ur own reasoning why is USA not paying the same amount as Nigeria. mak una open una brain tink.

Ok. That same CAF said the money gain from Stadia will be giving to each country equally. Mr lock brain this was reason why we refuse'em. Why paying big fees? In return you'll get your money equally divided. Do the maths before I rain yoke on u.
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by honeypie143: 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
Akshow: *sow* son of a w.h.oore!

Omo poh bi osan jabo cry
Re: CAF Blames BON For AFCON TV Blackout by Abbey2sam(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Right or no right, nigerians are watching the AFCON....kpatakpata #50 per game @ viewing centre.

Next time they wld think before acting, and I want to believe that Glo and Mtn didn't partner in this AFCON bcuz nigeria has no broadcasting right...

our population no be beans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Liverpool Will Finish Ahead Of PSG, Says Victor Agali / 9japredict Refusal To Pay A Nairalander His Winnings / Super Falcons Get Paltry 10,000 Naira After Qualifying For 2016 Africa Women Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.