Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? (1514 Views)

How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua / Influence Of The Holy Ghost During Deliverances. What Is Ur Opinion? / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
I've been watching emmanuel tv almost daily for sometime now.Am even watching it right now.Not that i like it but i dont hv a choice.i've watched lots of deliverance sessions over d past few weeks n i dont think they're convincing enough.it looks strange n crazy to me.they're not even acting out d script well.i think it's a fraud.what do u think?
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Lildav: 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
Keep looking 4 flaws in other people when u should be working on ur flowed low life. #learn 2 see d +v side in ppl ! Otondo

1 Like

Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
@ lildav,i dont hv time for people like u.rant all u like,ok?
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Dzany(m): 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
when Jesus performed miracles, He told the recipients to be discreet about it........ ..today, these ''men of God'' perform thier so called ''miracles'' and air these scam on our national Tv.......exactly the opposite of what Jesus did........
To what end?
More memebers, more tithe, seeds and offering.
Christ followers indeed!

@ op,....95percent of naija christians think with thier anus!
Pathetic!

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Joagbaje(m): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
The miracles are real. If you think otherwise prove it.. Why would someone come all he way fom America to roll on the gound in Nigeria .
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
Joagbaje: The miracles are real. If you think otherwise prove it.. Why would someone come all he way fom America to roll on the gound in Nigeria .
everybody has a demon in d synagogue.everytime dey ask,"who're u?" nd then d fellow begins 2 yap balderdash.if they see u aint witty n gud @ blabbing, they free u n say "u're free" but when they see u're ready 2 talk,they keep on probing n teasing.they even delivered a christ embassy pastor.he had a demon.y cudnt oyaks cure him of his demon,huh? There are gullible people in america too.josh is gud @ playing his cards,but i luv his philanthropy by d way.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Joagbaje(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
Beretta92: everybody has a demon in d synagogue.

Be truthful Is it really everybody ?

everytime dey ask,"who're u?" nd then d fellow begins 2 yap balderdash.if they see u aint witty n gud @ blabbing, they free u n say "u're free

So what's your problem with that. Didn't Jesus ask demons who they were?

Mark 5:6-9
But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion:for we are many.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Be truthful Is it really everybody ?

So what's your problem with that. Didn't Jesus ask demons who they were?

Mark 5:6-9
But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion:for we are many.
of course nt everybody.everybody is a hyperbole here, but i remember a time when josh asked d congregatn:hw are u( d "u" here meaning born again xtian) sure u're free 4rm demons or sth like dat.implying dat each and everyone of dem cud be housing a demon in their bodies.Am nt a xtian anymore but i knw it's unbiblical for a born again xtian 2 b demonized.i knw u think otherwise.folks like goshen n frosbel will agree with me on dis.i still maintain dat emmanuel tv deliverance(both josh's n d wise men's) is a sham.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Joagbaje(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
Beretta92: of course nt everybody.everybody is a hyperbole here,

but i remember a time when josh asked d congregatn:hw are u( d "u" here meaning born again xtian) sure u're free 4rm demons or sth like dat.implying dat each and everyone of dem cud be housing a demon in their bodies.Am nt a xtian anymore

He may make some statement to put people in check . Most people who go there have one problem or the other . I don't see the place as a local church .but as a healing centre rather . An interdenominationa healing centre.

but i knw it's unbiblical for a born again xtian 2 b demonized.i knw u think otherwise.folks like goshen n frosbel will agree with me on dis.i still maintain dat emmanuel tv deliverance(both josh's n d wise men's) is a sham.

You said you saw a pastor Demonised. There . How come you dis agree a christian can be Demonised.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

You said you saw a pastor Demonised. There . How come you dis agree a christian can be Demonised.
do i sound like i believe in demons? Dat's what was claimed by d emmanuel tv guys.infact, i've watched many "demonized"pastors getting "delivered" on dis tv.i already made it clear dat i think it's all a sham.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Joagbaje(m): 9:15am On Feb 04, 2013
Beretta92: do i sound like i believe in demons? Dat's what was claimed by d emmanuel tv guys.infact, i've watched many "demonized"pastors getting "delivered" on dis tv.i already made it clear dat i think it's all a sham.

Will call the bible sham as wel?

Mark 16:17
And these signs will follow those who believe:In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

Will call the bible sham as well?
it contains some wisdom n lots of balderdash too.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 04, 2013
Bros joe,na only me nd u dey comment for dis thread since.there's no need for d continued repatee.i know yr stance nd u know mine nd neither of us cn change d other's view.wud hv luvd 2 hear 4rm others,but it appears peeps hv been terribly jaded with t.b. Josh threads.Cheers!
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Areaboy2(m): 1:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
Beretta92: Bros joe,na only me nd u dey comment for dis thread since.there's no need for d continued repatee.i know yr stance nd u know mine nd neither of us cn change d other's view.wud hv luvd 2 hear 4rm others,but it appears peeps hv been terribly jaded with t.b. Josh threads.Cheers!

lol.. Well, you cant blame us. When people see a comment like the one below, they just sigh and leave undecided
Joagbaje: The miracles are real. If you think otherwise prove it.. Why would someone come all he way fom America to roll on the gound in Nigeria .

Dealing with your original question, I've never been to T.B. Joshua's church, neither have I bothered to spend a few seconds on this Emmanuel tv. However, charlatans are everywhere claiming to be miracle men. I cant take things like that serious at all.

Falling back on popular counter argument, "I will believe when I see a limb grow back" tongue

The reason for saying this is that these people claim to heal the sick of sickness that cannot be physically verified. If a man walks in and tell you he is blind, all you have is his word if you cant test him in a lab to confirm. The same goes for every other sickness they claim to heal

Deaf/dumb
lame
cancer
hiv
casting out demons
...... the list goes on
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ area boy, i rarely watch religious tv.it's just dat my host prefers them n i dont really hv a choice but to watch atimes.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Joagbaje(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Beretta92: @ area boy, i rarely watch religious tv.it's just dat my host prefers them n i dont really hv a choice but to watch atimes.

Watch objectively, read the new testsment. God should speak to you.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Lildav: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
Beretta92: @ lildav,i dont hv time for people like u.rant all u like,ok?
If it was[b]Rehard Bonkey or some white pastors , u would not ask all dis ur dumb as_S questions ! Or honestly would u? In fact have u ever questioned ä white mans credibility? [/b] d bible even said it, dat ä prophet is not respacted in his home town! i guess dat explains it all!
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 05, 2013
Lildav:
If it was[b]Rehard Bonkey or some white pastors , u would not ask all dis ur dumb as_S questions ! Or honestly would u? In fact have u ever questioned ä white mans credibility? [/b] d bible even said it, dat ä prophet is not respacted in his home town! i guess dat explains it all!
it's very clear nw dat u dnt knw my position cos u've refused to read.Read my posts on this thread again.well,for yr information,i think nigerian preachers are more credible than many of their white/american counterparts who re mere charlatans.so,dis isnt about being favorable to d whites,gotit?
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Bella3(f): 6:49am On Feb 05, 2013
Op, i thought you're atheist?
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Creatrixity(m): 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
In your shoes too op..i believe in the existence of forces bordering on the negative spectrum of the other dimension
#hears snickers "yeah right,pokemon and all his friends.." but some of the stuffs i've seen seem creepy..i was watching when i heard a woman say last years flood was caused by their society and i was like,seriously?arent floods caused by bad dredging,unusual levels of rainfall etc..naturally,as a researcher,i am of the opinion there must be something up there..still checking maybe some form of regressive hypnosis or maybe its for real after all..
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
Bélla3: Op, i thought you're atheist?
agnostic actually,but an open type.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Creatrixity: In your shoes too op..i believe in the existence of forces bordering on the negative spectrum of the other dimension
#hears snickers "yeah right,pokemon and all his friends.." but some of the stuffs i've seen seem creepy..i was watching when i heard a woman say last years flood was caused by their society and i was like,seriously?arent floods caused by bad dredging,unusual levels of rainfall etc..naturally,as a researcher,i am of the opinion there must be something up there..still checking maybe some form of regressive hypnosis or maybe its for real after all..
yeah,there has to be some kinda hypnosis involved but u cant rule out d fact dat these josh's believers re some of d most religiously gullible people on earth.these re people who believe they n every member of their family have got demons.i mean,d inaccuracy,d superficiality n incoherence of some of these confessions of d demonized re too glaring n rife.a right thinking human being shud be able to see d many loopholes.i wonder if my host doesnt see these things.obviously,she has generated some kinda blind conviction within her mind,n no matter d loopholes she's shown,she'll still hold on to her blind belief cos she cant see them.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Creatrixity(m): 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
^^true bro,i dislike the way tbj fans make a religion out of emanueltv...personally when my family puts that stuff on i go into my room to study...
I wonder how clueless his fans are...
All manner of weird theories like..
*demons cause low iq..heck,why are many freethinkers(the supposedly most "demonized" of all) intellectually superb..
*demons cause marital ill luck...really?many unmarried women have bad behavioural patterns not demons of family covenants..and they believe they need deliverance if their business is not booming..thats not the cause of demons that is the cause of no innovation/poor strategising..
So many instances..smh..
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 06, 2013
They are lazy people who do not want to take responsibility for themselves.They forget dat anybody who fails to take responsibility for his/her actions n inactions isnt ready to go far in life.This is what i tell my mates in school who resort to prayer without d necessary hardwork dat success demands.i prayed for eons to miraculously do well academically but nothing came off it;but d moment i realized my success was mine to decide,i began to devote quality time to my books n d result is there for everybody to see.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Creatrixity(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2013
^^^true beretta..i got a friend who will rather flex at his gf's than read..keeps saying "this is my year of favour"..i laugh in my mind and say yeah,right..it might turn out to be your year of weeping if you dont study...good point.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by ooman(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2013
Miracles are illusions and only losers and the lazy seek miracles.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 06, 2013
Creatrixity: ^^^true beretta..i got a friend who will rather flex at his gf's than read..keeps saying "this is my year of favour"..i laugh in my mind and say yeah,right..it might turn out to be your year of weeping if you dont study...good point.
I wonder why people choose to deceive themselves like this.
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Bella3(f): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
Beretta92: agnostic actually,but an open type.
Ah, thank God.
To op, i think it is wrong to judge/conclude. However...
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
Bélla3: Ah, thank God.
To op, i think it is wrong to judge/conclude. However...
it's just my personal opinion
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by 0Dynamic0(m): 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
I cnt jump into conclusions bt to me they are fake....dere was a particular session i wz watchin, and dere was a man who according to dem had a demon, he prayed n casted bt nthin hapnd, so he went ova to anoda person. In d course of tryn to deliver dis oda person, i saw d 1st person laughn n talkn wit sum1 else n of cos, he was actn lyk a normal person....afta dat, d 1st came bck n asked to b delivered, does a demon ask for deliverance?
Re: Do You Think T.B. Joshua's TV Deliverances Are Real? by Jamji: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2013

only if you know what really transpires behind the scenes

(1) (Reply)

KENYA Holds 2 Days National Repentance Revival / . / Atheist Have Mental And Health Problems Than Xtians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.