Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? (12855 Views)

A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures / Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help / Military Wedding Pictures In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by DeLaRue: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2013
Can't see anything wrong in it. Not something I have felt the need or desire to do myself, but hey we are all different.

In my former workplace, a colleague's desk was like a shrine to her children and husband. Must be about 25 pictures or so in a small desk area! I often 'stole' a look when I passed by her desk though wink Nice to see a happy family in a country where divorce was and still is rampant.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by dulphines: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
kulyie: well different strokes for different folks,but i have seen a man having s-3x with a lady in his office while his wife and childrens picture was displayed on the table.i got to know this because he didnt know that the next office where we were has a small hole that we can see whatever is going on in the next office and vice versae so in his own case it would have been better if he did not display any picture in my own opinion.he used to be the subject of gossip in our office then wink
Pls. throw more light on what u guys saw through that hole in ur office. Na live blue film all the way 4 office.lol
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Hahaha! It's not like that! cheesy cheesy

It is just annoying to see everything questioned.

Life is too short to be doing pros and cons list for everthing just because of what some gbeboruns will say.

Haba!!

How do you expect threads to be opened on nairaland and for traffic to be generated if trivial issues as this are not discussed.

Go easy joor
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by hardbody: 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Opera Mini: I was in someone's office last week, and I noticed that a particular lady had in display in a board beside her desk, both group and individual pictures of her family members. I just wanted to ask whether such a thing is proper in the office, thanks.

It is allowed if it is done in moderation. It serves as a warning that 'He or She' is taken. It is a protection against would be adventurists.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Symphony007: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
It is extremely proper!! It is even odd for working folks not to have pictures or any farmily sentimental attachments in their offices...the u.s president makes it a proyority for farmily photo's to be in the oval office and very visible when he is giving a speech from there, queen elizabeth ii also makes sure farmily photo's are visible during her christmass speech. So it's perfectly okay and very advisable.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by newacca: 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
shey na ur pix make we put? grin grin
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by ayobase(m): 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Sometimes it is not hard to see why many Nigerians are miserable.

We know how to suck the joy out of every single thing...what has displaying pictures of ONE'S family in ONE'S office gotta do with anything, that someone will carry on their head?!!

If we aren't questioning one's right to kiss his significant other in public, we are asking if it is proper for a family to dine out.

If the condemnation of those have been exhausted, we start railing on those people who help their wives sell chinchin or cuff links or how they pray, which church they attend and what kind of car they drive or what side of the bed one gender must sleep.

When that one finishes, we move on to why people shouldn't use BB, Laptop, Android, Notebook etc.

Every single thing has to be dissected because we have convinced ourselves that condemning/question something someone else does automatically makes us more superior.

What happened to live and let live? If you don't wanna display pictures of your family....DON'T but let the person who wants to....do so and stop making a federal case out of it.

Jeez!! undecided

This gel dey vex gan ni o!
See as she crucify the OP!

OP, pls watch ur step next time, u might not achieve steps!
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by phadat(m): 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
For naija the fear of kidnappers is the beginning of wisdom like put ur family pics up make dem knw who dem go carry demand ransom,there is nothing bad in it though
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by texazzpete(m): 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
Opera Mini: I was in someone's office last week, and I noticed that a particular lady had in display in a board beside her desk, both group and individual pictures of her family members. I just wanted to ask whether such a thing is proper in the office, thanks.

Son, you've got issues.
General Managers in my office have hand drawings from their kids lovingly displayed in their corner...and you're here talking about whether it's 'proper' or not.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 05, 2013
In as much as i'd love to have my family's picture in my office, a number of issues must be settled before i make the step.

I'd have to consider the nature of my job. The kind of people i deal with on a daily basis.
How safe my job is, the security implication.

I wouldn't like to put my family into some kind of trouble, you wouldn't know who is watching, you wouldn't know which staff is beefing you. Don't forget, dey can easily get your bio data.

Just for d sake of safety. I may not. But i'll definitely love to.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 05, 2013
Imanuelle: In as much as i'd love to have my family's picture in my office, a number of issues must be settled before i make the step.

I'd have to consider the nature of my job. The kind of people i deal with on a daily basis.
How safe my job is, the security implication.

I wouldn't like to put my family into some kind of trouble, you wouldn't know who is watching, you wouldn't know which staff is beefing you. Don't forget, dey can easily get your bio data.

Just for d sake of safety. I may not. But i'll definitely love to.

And yes!
Nigeria is this bad!
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Jellitah: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2013
God bless America jare! Who get time to 'stalk' riff-raffs? undecided
People dey kidnap people all over Nigeria. . . DEM GUM THEIR FAMILY FOTO FOR DEM AZZZES. . . .? grin
Who ganna killya azze will do just that!
KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN. . . THE DEVIL WILL SURELY STAY OUT OF YOUR WAY! kiss
As for those of una wey dey hide behind computer dey cause trouble. . . YOU CAN RUN. . .BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE EVIL YOU DO.
When we hear you don quench outside NL. . . every body go dey do 'eeeyaaaaaaah'. . .NOT KNOWING HOW MUCH EVIL YOU HAVE COMMITTED ON AND OFFLINE.

May the dead keep burying their dead!!! ISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! cool
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Petraman(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2013
With my little knowledge, Hanging ur family pictures in ur office has both negative and positive reason. The positive reason with me here is dat it shows how u love ur family. It'll also remind suitor dat u're a responsible married man/woman. But on d negative aspect, it's dangerous cos ur enemies can easily get to you through ur family by simply tracing their movement and kidnap them asking a ransom from you.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Jellitah: 7:49am On Feb 05, 2013
If HENEMIES WANNO CATCH YOU. . . .THEY WILL DO JUST THAT! kiss
PISSSSURES OR NOT!
Jesus Christ was killed. . .HE NEVER HUNG HIS PICTURES!
Any barry wey wanno kill me or my family. . . PLEASE, HELP YASELVES OUT. . . .YOU WILL ALSO WATCH FROM YOUR GRAVE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOURS!

Karma is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet bytch! The reason I don't mourn MOST PEEPS that meet with UNTIMELY DEATHS. . .YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT EVIL THEY OR THEIR PARENTS COMMITTED IN THE DARK! kiss
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by dorggito1(m): 10:40am On Feb 05, 2013
It all boils down safety.Displayin of pictures of ur family is very nice if nt for d nigeria situation we found ourselves in,issues of kidnappin nd all dat.thus d western world dnt ve a problem with dat.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Jellitah: 10:54am On Feb 05, 2013
MOST NIGERIAN KIDNAPPING AND GRANDNAPPINGS NA H-INSIDE JOBS!!!
NOT OFFICE JOBS! kiss
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 05, 2013
nitlad:
undecided
You have a penchant of always being in close proximity to ignoble acts tongue grin

@Topic
What I can deduce is you being jealous/envious of the happiness you see radiating through those pictures because such is allien to you! tongue
I see no reasons for the issue you raised. It's very normal.
well theres nothing wrong in having s33x,the only thing is that is it inappropriate to have sex in the wrong place e.g office even if no one is seeing you.secondly i dont have a close proximity for ignoble acts but part of my work then was to ensure everybody behaved decently and appropriatly because we have some men like mr abc i refered to who had animalistic tendencies of having sex in the office.my colleagues used to make sarcastic remarks about his unethical behaviour,he didnt understand till i showed him his exploits on tape and warned him if such behaviours doesnt stop,it will get to oga.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2013
dulphines:
Pls. throw more light on what u guys saw through that hole in ur office. Na live blue film all the way 4 office.lol
everything s33x entails videoed n saved for his day of another misdemeanour
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by slimlizzy: 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
i will say that it is proper, it depends on individual choice shocked
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Jellitah: 7:49am On Feb 07, 2013
Just like e badu belle and e jolosis of NL and beyond jolosing my pictures of my mansion, momma and family. . . because they be looking for dead cripples, thieves and widows in dia. Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Ndipe(m): 3:23am On Jan 28, 2015
It's common in the USA for workers to have portraits of family members on their desk
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by tpiah01: 3:12am On Feb 02, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? / Children Throng The Ventura Mall Ibadan For Children's Day / Super Eagles Star, Samuel Chukwueze Loses Grand Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.