Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. (12933 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Busts Hubby In Secret Wedding (Photo) / He Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Wife / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
How do you handle a wife who connived with her father to buy a land without the consent or knowledge of the hubby.

That the hubby got to know through her whatsapp chat with her brother.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by viceldo(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
One Of The Reasons Of Being Married But Still Living With Your Parent...You Can't Do Thing With The Concent Of Your Partner...But Still Involved Your Parent
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by tpiar: 2:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
So?

What should we do about it?

Or why are you having the heebie jeebies? Was it your father's property she bought?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Very very very wrong.

I won't accept that from my wife. Reason being that my partner whom I'm yet to take to the altar could not embark on a similar project without seeking my consent and my permission.

Even if the husband is as poor as a church rat, he still deserves that principal respect.

Some of the questions I would like to ask her include:

1. What's the land for? is it a gift to her dad?
2. How will you react if I get a car for my mother without your consent?
3. Who proposed the idea of getting a land? Wife or Father?

Her response would guide me on the next step to take.

8 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by dikeigbo2(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
It's absolutely wrong, any woman (wife) that engages in such act doesn't value marriage...... She is just managing and deceiving the husband...... To hell with such a wife

6 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:
Very very very wrong.

I won't accept that from my wife. Reason being that my partner whom I'm yet to take to the altar could not embark on a similar project without seeking my consent and my permission.

Even if the husband is as poor as a church rat, he still deserve that principal respect.

Some of the questions I would like to ask her include:

1. What's the land for? is it a gift to her dad?
2. How will you react if I get a car for my mother without your consent?
3. Who proposed the idea of getting a land? Wife or Father?

Her response would guide me on the next step to take.

Let's play.

1. It is an investment in the future.
2. How is it my business?
3. It was my idea.

What do you want to do now?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
viceldo:
One Of The Reasons Of Being Married But Still Living With Your Parent...You Can't Do Thing With The Concent Of Your Partner...But Still Involved Your Parent

I don't need anyone's consent to how I decide to spend my money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

Let's play.

1. It is an investment in the future.
2. How is it my business?
3. It was my idea.

What do you want to do now?

If I get this response, it simply means I've married a wrong woman. It means I've become officially single again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

If I get this response, it simply means I've married a wrong woman. It means I've become officially single again.

Are you saying that you would divorce her?

4 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

Are you saying that you would divorce her?

No, divorce is an uncommon act in Nigeria. People talk about divorce more on Nairaland than anywhere in Nigeria. What we have in this part of the world is 'spousal separation' (parents living apart), single parents and parents living like strangers in the same home.

My actions would definitely lead to separation. It means we both can begin to take decisions and actions without consulting each other, including s e x (a fraction of marriage, i.e., coming together).

5 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by austine4real(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
End time wife
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

No, divorce is an uncommon act in Nigeria. People talk about divorce more on Nairaland than anywhere in Nigeria. What we have in this part of the world is 'spousal separation' (parents living apart), single parents and parents living like strangers in the same home.

My actions would definitely lead to separation. It means we both can begin to take decisions and actions without consulting each other, including s e x (a fraction of marriage, i.e., coming together).

smiley
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by tpiar: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2015

2 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Miami11: 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
I have bought one land without hubbys knowledge and it will remain like that

Iam in the process of finish acquiring a second one. - this lands are my personal security in case hubby kicks me and my kids out, in case he marries another woman, shit happens, we live in a real world.

My hubby has three in his own name not mine, what if anything happens to him and his family takes everything I'm I going to be mumu to start from zero suffering,

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
How do you handle a wife who connived with her father to buy a land without the consent of the hubby.

What's wrong in her buying land with her father, alone, or with anyone else for that matter? And what's the essence of the husband's consent in this context? Did they con the man out of his money or something?

14 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by bennyrazz: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hubby should not worry, he should start doing stuff without the consent of his wife.
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Miami11: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

What's wrong in her buying land with her father, alone, or with anyone else for that matter? And what's the essence of the husband's consent in this context? Did they con the man out of his money or something?

Iam wondering too, if the man is working and the woman is working what's the big deal,

Consent my foot, women need to shine there eyes especially for the sake of children

8 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by tpiar: 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
How do you handle a wife who connived with her father to buy a land without the consent of the hubby.

is there a reason why you are so rude and uncultured?

i pity whoever marries you!

primitive gutter bred thing!

6 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Do you know the meaning of marriage at all?

Marriage is not about buying asoebi and taking snapshots like thunder and lightning, it is the coming together of two people, two ideas, two opinions, two ideologies, two philosophy, and two s ex organs.

Her father has no business conniving and purchasing a land without the husband's consent - same husband that has fulfilled all statutory & in-law regulations and dowry.

It is absolutely wrong to say the least. Any woman that practices such does not deserve to be married to anyone. And for those who have began same ill practice, they deserve to be 'divorced.'

If you know you don't trust your husband enough, don't marry. If you believe his gluttonous family will take over his properties when he dies, then go for one with a reasonable family, better still, you can discuss the issue of property with your man without necessarily hiding it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by sleekdot(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
No big deal thats even better sef so no one would claim half of whatever when they separate

3 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Tolatutu: 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
One should involve ones spouse when making such decisions not to receive consent but support in an ideal case however the woman may have a good reason. Maybe the man is the irresponsible type and she wants to secure her future

5 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
it's her money. She's free to do whatever she likes with it.
Btw, who dictated that a wife ask for permissions like this?

3 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
sleekdot:
No big deal thats even better sef so no one would claim half of whatever when they separate

So all marriage must end in separation?

I'm beginning to think married couples these days know they won't last in their marriages prior to the wedding day.

Or how do we explain the idea of securing ones future should one partner dies in a fatal accident or get killed by armed robbers.

I'm beginning to think marriage is a scam

3 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by sleekdot(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:
So all marriage must end in separation?
I'm beginning to think married couples these days know they won't last in their marriages prior to the wedding day.
Or how do we explain the idea of securing ones future should one partner dies in a fatal accident or get killed by armed robbers.
I'm beginning to think marriage is a scam

Do you believe all drivers must have an accident? So why do you get insurance against accident?

from all the news you are hearing all over about separation you still dont prepare yourself, then you are on a long thing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 5:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
sleekdot:

Do you believe all drivers must have an accident? So why do you get insurance against accident?

from all the news you are hearing all over about separation you still dont prepare yourself, then you are on a long thing

I believe in insurance
I believe in will
I believe in investment

But I don't believe in hiding any of these from ones spouse or children.

16 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by eyinjuege: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

better still, you can discuss the issue of property with your man without necessarily hiding it.

Discussing with your spouse sounds better than obtaining consent from your spouse to do something positive for your own life.

Yeah, she ought to have discussed with hubby to let him know her plans, but who knows if their marriage isn't as sweet as they would have others believe.

11 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

@bold

What is the difference between 'spousal separation' and divorce?

3 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
That some major disrespect right there. But it's her money, right?

3 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by sleekdot(m): 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

I believe in insurance
I believe in will
I believe in investment

But I don't believe in hiding any of these from ones spouse or children.

Saving money for rainy days is because you believe your job might not pay you in the future

Having insurance is because you think you might have an emergency that you didnt budget for

Just like buying that property. I would rather she buys than want to milk the other spouse for half in case of separation

1 Like

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
I wasn't the one,but a close friend,whose wife bought the land without his consent,and yet the friend is a landlord too.

The painful. Thing is that the father inlaw is supporting her,not minding the effect on the marriage.

He got to know through the wife chat with her brother whom she sent the money to.

He is yet to react now,or confront the wife.
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
tpiar:

is there a reason why you are so rude and uncultured?

i pity whoever marries you!

primitive gutter bred thing!
I don't banter word with rapid dog.

Abeg swerve.

2 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by olashas(f): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
Op, you don't know the situation of things in your friend's home so you can't jump to conclusions. Maybe she does not trust her husband anymore. Maybe he is irresponsible.

I know someone who sent his wife away because she bought a plot of land and built on it. Funny enough, she told him about it before she bought the land. He regrets his decision now

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? / Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.