Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati (11364 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Replies Raymond Dokpesi Over Goodluck Jonathan Statement / Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Femi Fani Kayode Replies Sls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by pheesayor(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
THE DELUSIONS OF TODAY'S MEN

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=fani_kayode__405556429.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

FEMI FANI-KAYODE

I read Dr. Reuben Abati's article titled 'The Hypocrisy Of Yesterday's Men'' (3rd Feb.2013) which was published in virtually every newspaper in the country with amusement. He sought to ridicule and demean those of us that served President Olusegun Obasanjo's government and that are not very impressed with the performance of his boss. The fact that we asked President Goodluck Jonathan to account for the 67 billion USD that he squandered from our foreign reserves has clearly upset him. We dared to ask about the money and so we were singled out and targetted for a tongue-lashing and a long lecture from the Presidency. Yet we remain undeterred.

This is how weak governments that have nothing to offer and something to hide always behave. They come after their perceived enemies with full force and they are petty and oversensitive. This is all the more so when they lack experienced hands and when they do not have anyone with deep insight or wisdom about the art of governance or politics within their ranks. In his response instead of answering our questions, addressing the issues or making any pertinent and sensible points about the numerous allegations against his principal, Abati chose to go on a delusional and self-serving joy ride. He simply refused to address any of our numerous concerns but instead indulged vainly in what can only be described as an utterly vulgar and distasteful form of intellectual, spiritual and psychological masturbation by telling us that he and his master were ''today's men'' who needed no lessons from the ''men of yesterday''.

The essay was nothing but the usual smear campaign and a crude attempt to intimidate which has been the hallmark of this Government whenever they are faced with even the mildest form of criticism. I will not dignify most of the insulting and childish submissions that Abati indulged in with a response other than to say that he told a shameless and pernicious lie when he wrote that as Minister of Aviation I ''shut down Port Harcourt Airport for two years'' and ''allowed grass to grow all over it''. This is false. It is a classic case of disinformation coming from a man that is obviously suffering from a very low self-esteem. It is clear that Abati, who is a journalist, has forgotten the most important tenet of his profession which is that ''facts are sacred and opinion is cheap''. Ordinarily one would have ignored his bitter rant but it is important that I set the record straight for the sake of posterity. The facts are as follows.

Port Harcourt International Airport was closed on Dec.10 2005 after the Sossolisso Air crash in which 100 people were killed. The crash affected the runway of the airport very badly and consequently the then Minister of Aviation, Professor Babalola Borishade closed it. I was redeployed from the Ministry of Culture and Tourism to the Ministry of Aviation in November 2006. This was 11 months after the Sossolisso crash took place and that Port Harcourt Airport had been closed. It is clear from the foregoing that I was not the one that shut down Port Harcourt Airport. When I took over at Aviation my priority was to carry out all the necessary repairs at Port Harcourt Airport and to open it as quickly as possible. I was saddened to discover that in the previous 11 months before I got there nothing had been done and the contract to repair the runway had not even been awarded. Consequently within a month of my being appointed Minister of Aviation we set to work and awarded the contract to Julius Berger at the cost of 3 billion naira. 50 per cent of the money was paid up front and Julius Berger set to work immediately. The runway was fully completed and the airport in pristine condition before I left office on May 29th 2007 just 6 months after I awarded the contract. However despite this the airport could not be opened before we left because the runway lighting system was still in the process of being installed.

The Yar'adua government went ahead and opened the airport a few months after we left office even though the runway lights had still not been installed. The record shows that from the day that I was appointed Minister of Aviation and the time that our mandate ran out 7 months later my staff at the Ministry and Julius Berger worked night and day on the runway project at Port Harcourt International Airport in order to ensure that we finished it in record time. And this we managed to do. It was my project. I sourced the money for it, I paid for it, I forced the contractor to move fast on it and I finished it. The fact that the Yar'adua administration did not complete the lighting system and open the airport for another few months after we left office, even though the runway was ready, is for them to explain and not for me.

Even though nothing was done at that airport for 11 months before I got to Aviation, once I was appointed we swung into action immediately. I repeat that it was under my watch that work commenced, that it was rebuilt, that it was completed and that it was fully restored and after that the airport was ready to be fully utilised. Given these facts how Abati can peddle the lie that I was the one that not only closed the airport but that I also kept it shut for two years, did nothing there, caused it to remain idle and allowed ''grass to grow all over it'' honestly baffles me. I was Minister of Aviation for only 7 months and not 2 years and within those seven months, from scratch, I did all the work that needed to be done in order to make the airport functional again. I am proud of the fact that we succeeded in meeting our target and completing the job.

Abati also so asserted that I closed down ''other major airports'' whilst I was Minister of Aviation ''for the purposes of renovation''. Again this is not true. Not one of the four major airports in the country were closed down for renovation works or any other reason whilst I was Minister of Aviation. And neither, to the best of my recollection, did I close or suspend the operations of any of the smaller airports except perhaps for safety reasons. As a matter of fact the opposite was the case. I actually installed and completed the sophisticated Safe Tower Project in three of the four major airports in the country, resurrected and funded the Tracon Radar System which is operational in our country today and which gives us full radar coverage in our airspace, upgraded the facilities in many of the old smaller airports and granted permission for the establishment of new airports in places like Gombe.

Quite apart from that we not only stopped the terrible cycle of plane crashes that was prevalent at that time but there was not one aircraft that crashed under my watch and no loss of life from the air under my tenure. I am the only Minister of Aviation in the last 10 years of our country that can boast of that and yet Abati seeks to tarnish my name, stain my record and rubbish my efforts with his lies. All this and far more and Abati accuses me of ''running the aviation sector down to a state of near collapse''. For that I commit him to God's judgement. It is obvious that he is just being malicious and dishonest. I take strong objection to his specious lies, his brazen falsehood and his distortions of fact. The suggestion that I closed Port Harcourt Airport and neglected it for two years, that I closed other airports for renovations and that I ran the aviation sector down to the ground is what I would refer to as a figment of his malicious, overactive and fertile imagination. It is a glaring mendacity, a brutal assault on truth and an affront to my sensiblities. I find it utterly reprehensible and repugnant that a man that is entrusted to speak for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria can indulge in such petty lies.

Let me end this contribution by pointing out the fact that being ''yesterday's men'' does not mean that some of us cannot be ''tomorrows men'' as well. Only God knows what lies ahead for each and everyone of us. So when Abati glibly writes people off as if they will never be in power again it is a sad reflection of his lack of experience and naivety. It is God that determines our tomorrow. It is He that lifts men up, that pulls them down and, sometimes if it be His will, lifts them up again. There are countless examples of that in our history. Finally I have a few questions for President Jonathan and his ''todays men''. When will they take President Obasanjo's advice and finally do something concrete about Boko Haram and our security situation? Does the fact that at least 4000 Nigerians have been killed by these terrorists in the last two years under their watch not bother them?

How can they sleep well at night with all that innocent blood that has flowed and precious lives cut short whilst they were at the helm of affairs of our nation? More innocent souls have been killed in the last 2 years by terrorists than at any time in the history of Nigeria outside the civil war. How does President Jonathan and his ''today's men'' feel about winning such a dubious and dishonorable title? Does he still regard Boko Haram as ''his siblings'' who he ''cannot hurt''? Why has the President refused to visit the good people of the north east despite the fact that dozens of people are still being slaughtered there by Boko Haram every day? Moving to the issue of corruption and the economy when will our President and ''today's men'' answer the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron's question and tell him what they did with the 100 billion USD that they made from oil sales in the last two years?

When will they answer Obi Ezekwsile's question about how they squandered 67 billion USD of our foreign reserves? When will they answer the question that Nasir El Rufai asked sometime back about how they spent over 350 billion naira on security vote in one year alone? When will they answer the many questions that Dr. Pat Utomi and many other distinguished and courageous leaders and ''yesterday's men'' have raised about the trillions of naira that have been supposedly spent on oil subsidy payments in the last two years? When will they implement the findings and recommendations of the Nuhu Ribadu report on the thivery that has gone on in the oil sector? When will they cultivate the guts and find the courage to respond to a call for a public debate to defend their abysmal record? When will these ''today's men'' stop being so reckless with our money?

Why would our ''today's man'' FCT Minister budget 5 billion for the ''rehabilitatioin of prostitues in the Abuja''? Why would he budget 7.5 billion naira for a new ''FCT city gate''? Why would he budget 4 billion naira for a house for the First Lady? Why would the Federal Government of ''todays men'' budget 1 billion naira for food in the Villa? Are these the priorities of ''today's men and women''? And all this when Nigeria is back in foreign debt to the tune of 9 billion USD and is still borrowing, when local debt has hit almost 50 billion USD, when graduate unemployment has hit 80 per cent, when 40 per cent of Nigerians do not have access to good food and ''are hungry'' and when 70 per cent of Nigerians are living below the poverty line? Is this the vision of ''today's men and women''? If so may God deliver Nigeria.

Written By Femi Fani-Kayode

http://www.thewillnigeria.com/opinion/18592.html

24 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by seanet01: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
Jonathan Fired Nigerian made SAM missiles at OBJ.
OBJ retaliated with Russian made ISKANDER missiles.
Jonathan dropped dead.

5 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by takedat(m): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
FFK is not different from Abati, they both belong in the class of pathological lying tools, engaged to hoodwink the masses.

The yesterday's thieves turned latter day saints and the today's thieves claiming exceptional holiness are not our redeemer.

I sincerely hope that the yesterday's men and today's men will not be among those that will be called tomorrow's men. Thank God for the expose from Abati and FFK, we can't continue to have hypocritical and delusional characters ruling us!

21 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by Maxymilliano(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
I can see that Abati hits some raw nerve with his epistle and nice to read some clarification by FFK. But in the midst of the hubris, he fail to clarify how 19.5billion aviation intervention fund was judiciously squandered or appropriated by him and his predecessor, which necessitated a thick case files against him and Aborishade by EFCC, after all, the case was not instituted during GEJ's ascension to the presidency or should I ignore that too?

The question of misappropriation or otherwise of $67billion by Yar'adua and GEJ will be made known in due course, the motion has been raised and passed at the Upper chamber but the little I know is that various sums has been withdrawn from the ECA and FR on several occasions for sharing by the three tiers of government.

Recently, another $1billion was withdrawn from the ECA for the 36 State governors, no voice has been raised so far against it, even from the opposition governors who are also enjoying the largess.

Anybody interested in how the money left by OBJ was spent should approach the right quarters, the FOI act is functioning effectively, thanks to GEJ.

9 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by atikubaba(m): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
I just wish both today men and yesterday men will debate in public so that we will seprate fact from fallacy .

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by Shaftrod(m): 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
So many questions without answers. When this administration is voted out of office, many accumulated dirts of corruption will be revealed.
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by taharqa: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
LOL... Who told Fani Kayode that Dr. Abati was referring to him when he talkd about 'yesterday's men' destructn of d Aviatn industry; I dont recall reading of any specific names Dr Abati mentiond in dat article, and there were certainly tens of former Aviatn Ministers; Guilty Conscience, mush??... The fact dat smone like Fani Kayode, who is currently battling wit plenty of corruptn charges in court, is still talking and presenting himself as sm form of 'Anti-corruptn' la 'Good governance' activist, is d clearest clue to the extent of d HYPOCRISY of a nation and d potency of dat Masterclass of an article penned by Dr Abati..

11 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by takedat(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Maxymilliano: I can see that Abati hits some raw nerve with his epistle and nice to read some clarification by FFK. But in the midst of the hubris, he fail to clarify how 19.5billion aviation intervention fund was judiciously squandered or appropriated by him and his predecessor, which necessitated a thick case files against him and Aborishade by EFCC, after all, the case was not instituted during GEJ's ascension to the presidency or should I ignore that too?

The question of misappropriation or otherwise of $67billion by Yar'adua and GEJ will be made known in due course, the motion has been raised and passed at the Upper chamber but the little I know is that various sums has been withdrawn from the ECA and FR on several occasions for sharing by the three tiers of government.

Recently, another $1billion was withdrawn from the ECA for the 36 State governors, no voice has been raised so far against it, even from the opposition governors who are also enjoying the largess.

Anybody interested in how the money left by OBJ was spent should approach the right quarters, the FOI act is functioning effectively, thanks to GEJ.
Nice one. Hope the court sees to it that he answers for the N19billion intervention fund while those in this government should also prepare themselves to account for how the N300billion Aviation intervention fund was misapplied and how most were diverted into private coffers.

On the $67billion, we are still waiting for the public debate. That is the only way to clear our doubts. This is the Era of Accountability. Lol!

4 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by eggheaders(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
inasmuch as their is no difference between today men and yesterday men.yesterday men are miles more intelligent and articule than today's men.men of today keep shying away from question ask by yesterday men.and are so allergic to criticism. only show today men are so dumb.it will make more sense for Today men to accept the debate of yesterday men.cause they look like crying babies once they can't defend all the allegations of yesterday men and only resulting to needless rhetoric.

10 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by fkaz(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Both fani kayode and Reuben Abati are saemistwins when it comes to this kind of job.

But Azikiwe Jonathan govt need to come and defend himself, about what oby said. He need to be accountable to the people he claim to be working for.

That is were Abati should have channel his energy, instead of wrighting epistle. This show they have something to hide.
They should let nigerian know how much they have been spending in the transformation agenda.

2 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Our politicians have shown us that they are whores,who can sleep with anybody in power. Fani,and Abati are just the same who only blow the trumpet of their paying master.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by taharqa: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
On sm of d points raised:

Cameron NEVER 'demanded' GEJ's govt to 'account for $100b gotten from oil sales', who the helll is him to demand dat anyways; as a mata of fact, his statement acknowledgd sm IMPROVEMENTS in transparency NOW and pledgd (or rather urgd his oda G8 membas) to help ensure MORE transparency going forward (which is still obviously needed)- which is just in order since Western nations are a big part of d reason successive 9jaria govts and officials hv gotten away wit such mindless waste and corruptn in d 1st place.

The #4b was intended to build a 'Mission House' for d 1st lady's project which wud hv included such tins like Vocational centres etc, it is NOT a 'Residential' House; d Senate shld hweva REJECT dis request cos d 1st Lady's office is unconstitutional in d 1st place and shld nt be appropiated for- d govt obviously goofed in dis respect.

The #5b is not meant for 'Pro.stitutes' alone but also for destitutes, beggars, 'less privileges', orphans etc; it is meant to clear d capital city of these 'kinds' of people and rehabilitate them, and its a social service that many persons including d 'emergency critics' (read, HYPOCRITES) hv bn demanding d FTC govt do for d longest time- d govt is in d right here.

The #7b isnt meant just to build '2 city gates' (its astonishing that sm persons are actuali stu.pid enuf to bliv dat) but meant to develop entire areas at d outskirts of d city that wud include roads, buildings, hotels etc- all meant for d City's tourism. The argument can be made though that d FCT cud hv allowd interestd private sector to do MOST of d constructns, and is a suggestn i tink mks sm sense and wud support as long as I get d details of hw dat is to be done.

NUFF said.

4 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by OurYansh: 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
when will our President and ”today’s men” answer the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron’s question and tell him what they did with the 100 billion USD that they made from oil sales in the last two years?

When will they answer Obi Ezekwsile’s question about how they squandered 67 billion USD of our foreign reserves?

When will they answer the question that Nasir El Rufai asked sometime back about how they spent over 350 billion naira on security vote in one year alone? When will they answer the many questions that Dr. Pat Utomi and many other distinguished and courageous leaders and ”yesterday’s men” have raised about the trillions of naira that have been supposedly spent on oil subsidy payments in the last two years?

When will they implement the findings and recommendations of the Nuhu Ribadu report on the thivery that has gone on in the oil sector?

When will they cultivate the guts and find the courage to respond to a call for a public debate to defend their abysmal record?

When will these ”today’s men” stop being so reckless with our money? Why would our ”today’s man” FCT Minister budget 5 billion for the ”rehabilitatioin of prostitues in the Abuja”? Why would he budget 7.5 billion naira for a new ”FCT city gate”?

Why would he budget 4 billion naira for a house for the First Lady? Why would the Federal Government of ”todays men” budget 1 billion naira for food in the Villa? Are these the priorities of ”today’s men and women”?

And all this when Nigeria is back in foreign debt to the tune of 9 billion USD and is still borrowing, when local debt has hit almost 50 billion USD, when graduate unemployment has hit 80 per cent, when 40 per cent of Nigerians do not have access to good food and ”are hungry” and when 70 per cent of Nigerians are living below the poverty line? Is this the vision of ”today’s men and women”?

Oya Abati... Over to YOU
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by mikolo80: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2013
Y'ALL better hold on too ur hats cos from now till 2015 its go'n be a bumpy and revealing ride . finally the scorpions have run out of things to sting,they've started wit each other

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
Rueben Abati & Fani Kayode are political whores who sing praises of their paymasters (GEJ & OBJ).
But Nigerians ll free themselves when they are ready.
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by Maxymilliano(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
take dat: Nice one. Hope the court sees to it that he answers for the N19billion intervention fund while those in this government should also prepare themselves to account for how the N300billion Aviation intervention fund was misapplied and how most were diverted into private coffers.

On the $67billion, we are still waiting for the public debate. That is the only way to clear our doubts. This is the Era of Accountability. Lol!

May be you should explain what you meant by 'N300billion' aviation intervention fund.

What I can recalled is that it was the CBN that created window of opportunities for ailing/ dying aviation agencies and airlines to access funds approved by the government of the day to remain in business, it is on record that Aero Contractor has been taken over by AMCON, would you have been happy if the airline is allowed to go on liquidation without any form of support from the government

Like I said sometimes ago, no serious government will join issues or any form of debates.

Goodluck may not have addressed the issue of accountability the way we want but do you know the governors also contributed to the depletion of our collective patrimony by arm twisting the Presidency to keep withdrawing from the reserves to no end?

This is an article I culled from PM News, would have posted the link but for the spambot.

The Federal Government has rejected the request by the 36 state governors to disburse one billion dollars from the Excess Crude Account (ECA) in December"

This news was in the January 16 edition, try do the research and you'll see how governors have also been willing accomplice in the whole sordid drama, I'm not exempting the FG.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by takedat(m): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
Maxymilliano:

May be you should explain what you meant by 'N300billion' aviation intervention fund.

What I can recalled is that it was the CBN that created window of opportunities for ailing/ dying aviation agencies and airlines to access funds approved by the government of the day to remain in business, it is on record that Aero Contractor has been taken over by AMCON, would you have been happy if the airline is allowed to go on liquidation without any form of support from the government

Like I said sometimes ago, no serious government will join issues or any form of debates.

Goodluck may not have addressed the issue of accountability the way we want but do you know the governors also contributed to the depletion of our collective patrimony by arm twisting the Presidency to keep withdrawing from the reserves to no end?

This is an article I culled from PM News, would have posted the link but for the spambot.

The Federal Government has rejected the request by the 36 state governors to disburse one billion dollars from the Excess Crude Account (ECA) in December"

This news was in the January 16 edition, try do the research and you'll see how governors have also been willing accomplice in the whole sordid drama, I'm not exempting the FG.

Are you trying to say you are unaware of the N300billion intervention fund and how it was misapplied and diverted to private coffers? Ok, think Jimoh Ibrahim and others. www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/93082/1/n300bn-aviation-intervention-fund-was-diverted-sen.html
sunnewsonline.com/new/business/ceon300bn-aviation-fund-wrongly-applied-akpan/

We all know that the controversial reserves was squandered together with the state governors. What we need from the FG is a detailed account of how the monies were shared through the CBN and finance ministry and what the monies were used for.

On the $1billion from the ECA, What can we do when the governors sees the president as a Doormat? He should learn how to handle the governors!
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by hercules07: 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
take dat: Are you trying to say you are unaware of the N300billion intervention fund and how it was misapplied and diverted to private coffers? Ok, think Jimoh Ibrahim and others. www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/93082/1/n300bn-aviation-intervention-fund-was-diverted-sen.html
sunnewsonline.com/new/business/ceon300bn-aviation-fund-wrongly-applied-akpan/

We all know that the controversial reserves was squandered together with the state governors. What we need from the FG is a detailed account of how the monies were shared through the CBN and finance ministry and what the monies were used for.

On the $1billion from the ECA, What can we do when the governors sees the president as a Doormat? He should learn how to handle the governors!

We keep blaming the governors on the ECA and I always find that funny, let the FG puts its own portion in a savings accounts, Shebi the FG gets 56% of whatever is shared, the 56% can be put in a special account that only the FG has access to, states can be encouraged and not forced to do likewise, question is, what did the FG do with its share.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by OmoTier1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
taharqa: On sm of d points raised: Cameron NEVER 'demanded' GEJ's govt to 'account for $100b gotten from oil sales', who the helll is him to demand dat anyways; as a mata of fact, his statement acknowledgd sm IMPROVEMENTS in transparency NOW and pledgd (or rather urgd his oda G8 membas) to help ensure MORE transparency going forward (which is still obviously needed)- which is just in order since Western nations are a big part of d reason successive 9jaria govts and officials hv gotten away wit such mindless waste and corruptn in d 1st place. The #4b was intended to build a 'Mission House' for d 1st lady's project which wud hv included such tins like Vocational centres etc, it is NOT a 'Residential' House; d Senate shld hweva REJECT dis request cos d 1st Lady's office is unconstitutional in d 1st place and shld nt be appropiated for- d govt obviously goofed in dis respect. The #5b is not meant for 'Pro.stitutes' alone but also for destitutes, beggars, 'less privileges', orphans etc; it is meant to clear d capital city of these 'kinds' of people and rehabilitate them, and its a social service that many persons including d 'emergency critics' (read, HYPOCRITES) hv bn demanding d FTC govt do for d longest time- d govt is in d right here. The #7b isnt meant just to build '2 city gates' (its astonishing that sm persons are actuali stu.pid enuf to bliv dat) but meant to develop entire areas at d outskirts of d city that wud include roads, buildings, hotels etc- all meant for d City's tourism. The argument can be made though that d FCT cud hv allowd interestd private sector to do MOST of d constructns, and is a suggestn i tink mks sm sense and wud support as long as I get d details of hw dat is to be done. NUFF said.

As you well know, I am based in the UK and I know you have no inkling of what Cameron's comment at Davos has done to the government of GEJ. If anything, what that signals is a change of the rules of engagement with the GEJ government just like the USA did after Yar'dua's saga.

I find it utterly bizarre your unashamed defense of the intent of the FCT minister to spend N4bn on a house of an individual who is constitutionally unrecognized as far as Nigeria is concern. In all of heaven and earth, how can N5bn be spent on rehabilitation of prostitutes when the same government budgets barely N450million for all of the police college in a country as large as Nigeria?

Of what importance is a city gate when the roads in and around the suburbs of Abuja are crying for serious attention? Please stop trying to spew rubbish here, the facts of the budget as presented to the senate are there for all to read.

Seriously, I wonder the kind of heart you have as a human being....

10 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by FindOut(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
Taharqa, have you no conscience? For how long do you intend to live off droppings from the Presidential dinner table? have you no shame? Do you honestly believe GEJ is leading Nigeria on the right path to progress? Has your account balance robbed you of your senses? Do yo not see how the people in other countries with good leaders are progressing? Are you not bothered about the high level of illiteracy, unemployment, crime? Do you think you are immune to falling victim of the associated ills a profligate insensitive insincere inept government brings? You endorse 4 billion for mission house as proposed by the FCT minister, yet people in abuja die everyday because of lack of proper healthcare facilities! Have you no pity for the common man on the street who voted GEJ yet his life has been made more miserable since 2011 largely due to unwarranted fuel price increase, while your government still spends money on irrelevancies? If you think you are immune (tho you are not), have you no concern for your family members and the people around you? All because of what you want to eat!!!!Do you not fear God

5 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by FindOut(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

As you well know, I am based in the UK and I you have know inkling of what Cameron's comment at Davos has done to the government of GEJ. If anything, what that signals is a change of the rules of engagement with the GEJ government just like the USA did after Yar'dua's saga.

I find it utterly bizarre your unashamed defense of the intent of the FCT minister to spend N4bn on a house of an individual who is constitutionally unrecognized as far as Nigeria is concern. In all of heaven and earth, how can N5bn be spent on rehabilitation of prostitutes when the same government budgets barely N450million for all of the police college in a country as large as Nigeria?

Of what importance is a city gate when the roads in and around the suburbs of Abuja are crying for serious attention? Please stop trying to spew rubbish here, the facts of the budget as presented to the senate are there for all to read.

Seriously, but for medical proof that he cant survive without one, i would have doubted if he had any.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by FindOut(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

As you well know, I am based in the UK and I you have know inkling of what Cameron's comment at Davos has done to the government of GEJ. If anything, what that signals is a change of the rules of engagement with the GEJ government just like the USA did after Yar'dua's saga.

Seriously, but for medical proof that he cant survive without one, i would have doubted if he had any.
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by ibide(m): 11:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
Eya !! Wating lucky joe and his today men come do dis man na ? Abi y he fire drone ?
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by taharqa: 12:32am On Feb 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

As you well know, I am based in the UK and I know you have no inkling of what Cameron's comment at Davos has done to the government of GEJ. If anything, what that signals is a change of the rules of engagement with the GEJ government just like the USA did after Yar'dua's saga.

An when will you quit bn d SHAMELESS COWARD dat you are. Which comment did you just respond to??

Cud you post d comment of Cameron, and show me hw it differs from my 'interpretatns'? Didnt i just say d Senate shld reject d request for the 'Mission House' cos d office of d Ist lady was unconstitutional?? While wud u respond to smone clarifying that d #5b was not just meant for d rehabilitatn of pro.stitutes but for all kinds of sociali deprivd persons in a programme that wud remove dem from d street and reintegrate them to society, with merely restarting d 'prosti.tute rehabilitatn' propaganda witout even attempting to provide counter info except those given to yr guys at d ACN's Propaganda centre?

The problem wit many of u dolts is yr penchant to spurning SOUND BITES rather than ENGAGING specific points of peeps who disagree wit yr Propaganda. My points were very clear; stop playing d COWARD and respond to them, or get lost..

5 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by taharqa: 12:36am On Feb 04, 2013
Find Out!:
Taharqa, have you no conscience? For how long do you intend to live off droppings from the Presidential dinner table? have you no shame? Do you honestly believe GEJ is leading Nigeria on the right path to progress? Has your account balance robbed you of your senses? Do yo not see how the people in other countries with good leaders are progressing? Are you not bothered about the high level of illiteracy, unemployment, crime? Do you think you are immune to falling victim of the associated ills a profligate insensitive insincere inept government brings? You endorse 4 billion for mission house as proposed by the FCT minister, yet people in abuja die everyday because of lack of proper healthcare facilities! Have you no pity for the common man on the street who voted GEJ yet his life has been made more miserable since 2011 largely due to unwarranted fuel price increase, while your government still spends money on irrelevancies? If you think you are immune (tho you are not), have you no concern for your family members and the people around you? All because of what you want to eat!!!!Do you not fear God

LOL... The Musings of a FRUSTRATED pip.. NONSENSE, Complete and utter (Arrant) Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 04, 2013
The Delusions of yesterday and today men.
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by redsun(m): 12:53am On Feb 04, 2013
Accountability is the key. That oby lady raised a very vital question that all nigerians should be keen on knowing, because that will obviously open a can of rotten worms.

As gej is accounting for the 67 billions,so will obj be accounting for the ilusive 16 billions spent on illusive power generation. Even down to ibb mysterious 12 billion oil windfall will ne accounted for in details.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by ifihearam: 12:53am On Feb 04, 2013
See who is talking? This is the only country where those guilty of an offence still accuses others.FFK has asked some questions which he thinks are pertinent but no right sensed govenment will engage in a debate with anyone,over what nau??the GEJ administration is focusing more in manifesting the dividends of democracy to those who elected him into power and not thise looing for mere recognition over debate.

Although as an apostle of truth,I expected abati to really make some verifiable defence on some of the allegations levelled on his principal sorry our principal instead of attacking as if what they said is true which I believe its unfounded.
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by ifihearam: 12:55am On Feb 04, 2013
Find Out!:

Shut up!!!!!!
So because he does not see things from your point of view makes him bad abi?

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by taharqa: 12:56am On Feb 04, 2013
This is the exact excerpt from the report on what Cameron said (plz, pay particular attention to his exact words in " "wink:

After Cameroon wrote the other G8 leaders hinting on his intent to pursue the issue of transparency aggressively as president of the summit, he then proceeded early last week in Davos to publicly pin-point Nigeria as a case in point, where transparency issues have made some progress but corruption and mismanagement of huge oil wealth still continues to deny the nation’s people of their prosperity.

In a speech that has been so widely and globally received, Cameron said just last year alone “Nigeria oil exports were worth almost a hundred billion dollars. That is more than the total net aid to the whole of sub Saharan Africa. So put simply: unleashing the natural resources in these countries dwarfs anything aid can achieve, and transparency is absolutely critical to that end.”

“Like everything else in this G8, the ambitions are big and I make no apology for that.”

According to Cameron, who said he had no apology for his stance, “I want this G8 to lead a big push for transparency across the developing world, and to illustrate why. Let me give you one example. A few years back a transparency initiative exposed a huge hole in Nigeria’s finances, an $800 million discrepancy between what companies were paying and what the government was receiving for oil - a massive, massive gap.

The discovery of this is leading to new regulation of Nigeria’s oil sector so the richness of the earth can actually help to enrich the people of that country"

This was my 'interpretation' of the above comment from Cameron in the comment that @Omo-Tier sheepishly responded to (rather, thought he was responding to):

Cameron NEVER 'demanded' GEJ's govt to 'account for $100b gotten from oil sales', who the helll is him to demand dat anyways; as a mata of fact, his statement acknowledgd sm IMPROVEMENTS in transparency NOW and pledgd (or rather urgd his oda G8 membas) to help ensure MORE transparency going forward (which is still obviously needed)- which is just in order since Western nations are a big part of d reason successive 9jaria govts and officials hv gotten away wit such mindless waste and corruptn in d 1st place

Of course, the 'Transparency issues ..which has made some progress' cos of some probes in the Oil industry and the 'new regulations' that the discoveries from such probes have spurned- ALMOST ALL are been/being done by GEJ's Govt. It is GEJ that have ordered more than 5 probes on the extremely dark Oil industry which NO previous Nigerian Govt almost NEVER attempted; and He is the one one putting up new regulations and pushing the passage of the extremely critical PIB bill through the national assembly.
Let me restate for EMPHASIS that SO MUCH MORE still needs doing in this respect, as Cameron implies.

Now, this is the PROPAGANDISTS' 'interpretations' of the above comment of Cameron:

C
ameron says that $100Billion that Nigeria earned from the sales of il have been squandered, and He is DEMANDING accounting from GEJ on how the money was squandered

Chose for yourself which 'interpretations' you believe to be closest to what Cameron said and/or intended.

4 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by ifihearam: 12:59am On Feb 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

If you are based in UK nkor Who is this toddler? What change in the rules of engagement? To GEJ's government So?

What right do they have to interfere,hear me kpeke master,Nigeria is a sovereign nation,how we spend our money is no business of their you here?
Re: The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati by makhany4t1(m): 1:00am On Feb 04, 2013
Maxymilliano: I can see that Abati hits some raw nerve with his epistle and nice to read some clarification by FFK. But in the midst of the hubris, he fail to clarify how 19.5billion aviation intervention fund was judiciously squandered or appropriated by him and his predecessor, which necessitated a thick case files against him and Aborishade by EFCC, after all, the case was not instituted during GEJ's ascension to the presidency or should I ignore that too?

My brother Ɣ☺ΰ are well informed. Let those who are pathologically antagonistic continue to wallow ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ their folly of misinformation. This govt must get there and I don't see the critics doing anything about that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEND Backs Reps Summon Of Jonathan Over Malabu Oil Deal / Renewed Ebonyi And Benue Boundary Dispute, 5 Killed / FG Charges Joseph Olorunjuwon Agbenla With Abuse Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.