Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

"Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" (11396 Views)

Press Conference On Operation Lafiya Dole By Maj Gen Lucky Irabor / Update On Operation Lafiya Dole: Troops Rescued More Women And Children / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2013
The volunteer youth group, tagged, ” Civilian JTF”, assisting the men of the Joint Task Force, ‘Operation Restore Order’, to subdue the Boko Haram insurgency in Borno, yesterday, embarked on “Operation Stop and Search” of vehicles in Maiduguri, a situation which led to the arrest of several sect members.

The youth, who carried cutlasses, knives and sticks, positioned in different locations, searching all vehicles including their engines, while the JTF personnel watched.

This came barely five days after one Abu Zinnira, who claimed to be spokesman for Boko Haram, said, in a statement emailed to newsmen, that they will launch a manhunt for the youth.

“We have established that youth in Borno and Yobe states are now against our cause. They have connived with security operatives and are actively supporting the government of Nigeria in its war against us. We have also resolved to fight back, ” Zinnira said.

However, some of the youth promised to fight Boko Haram, saying they were notdeterred from
carrying out their mission.

One of the leaders of the youth group said, “What the Boko Haram said is an empty threat because terror, war of attrition and killing of innocent people with impunity is over. We have resolved to take our destiny in our hands and will continue hunting the insurgents.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/boko-haram-regroups-invades-borno-towns/

17 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by aminho(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2013
Hahahah we are with dem just came out from maiduguri yrstday and its feeling safe

2 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by hakanai(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2013
Thank you brothers. You should keep the tempo. All they say is full of lies and deciet. Islam and Borno does not share there view. If they cant live with people as good muslims and fellow borno peace loving inhabitants then i say finish them all. Silly bunch of wasted things. May Allah give the true muslims in the affected states the strenght to win over this BH of an evil. angry[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

15 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Lordave: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2013
aminho: Hahahah we are with dem just came out from maiduguri yrstday and its feeling safe
ogaah o... You really came out from Maiduguri
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2013
I have always belive that the only way boko haram can be flush out is when the residents of these respective states decides to fight the insurgents because they know them better than JTF.Since the youths have decided to act and i wont ask 'why now' (because it's better late than not),boko haram has lost it and they know it. I commend their(the youths) gallantry.
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by chronique(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2013
Kudos to these brave hearts.

6 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 23, 2013
This is the best move so far.
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by valdubem(m): 10:17am On Jun 23, 2013
Who gave them the right to?
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by ubamoney(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2013
Very commending move,let's flush this babarians out,peace n God bless nigeria
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by IleIfe2(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2013
This is very risky, subtle sign of lawlessness but the JTF is supervising. So, no wahala for now.

3 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by skullz: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2013
val_dubem: Who gave them the right to?
you mean...who gave them the right to do the right thing??

8 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 23, 2013
A dash in the right direction.May the Almighty God protect them from what so ever harm the enemies of progress is planning to unleash on them.Reclaim Maiduguri i will gladly serve their when am called for my Nysc.
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2013
Bravo to this youth,my friend yesterday call me nd told me dat maiduguri is now safe,three gbosa to them
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2013
Ooº°˚˚˚°ºoO may d Almighty help these youths.I hereby advocate for the instant enlistment of these youths into the Army.However,these youths should be paid monthly allowances for upkeep and all dat.

1 Like

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by obicentlis: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2013
I see the near END!

1 Like

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by 1MCN: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2013
Their bravery is legendary. This reminds of what Chimuamanda Ngozi Adichie wrote in her book HALF OF A YELLOW SUN, 'when I was young I was told that Biafran soldiers fought like warriors. But now am grown I have come to know that warriors fight like Biafran soldeirs.'

15 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nonybb: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The volunteer youth group, tagged, ” Civilian JTF”, assisting the men of the Joint Task Force, ‘Operation Restore Order’, to subdue the Boko Haram insurgency in Borno, yesterday, embarked on “Operation Stop and Search” of vehicles in Maiduguri, a situation which led to the arrest of several sect members.

The youth, who carried cutlasses, knives and sticks, positioned in different locations, searching all vehicles including their engines, while the JTF personnel watched.

This came barely five days after one Abu Zinnira, who claimed to be spokesman for Boko Haram, said, in a statement emailed to newsmen, that they will launch a manhunt for the youth.

“We have established that youth in Borno and Yobe states are now against our cause. They have connived with security operatives and are actively supporting the government of Nigeria in its war against us. We have also resolved to fight back, ” Zinnira said.

However, some of the youth promised to fight Boko Haram, saying they were notdeterred from
carrying out their mission.

One of the leaders of the youth group said, “What the Boko Haram said is an empty threat because terror, war of attrition and killing of innocent people with impunity is over. We have resolved to take our destiny in our hands and will continue hunting the insurgents.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/boko-haram-regroups-invades-borno-towns/
Am begining to change my perception about northern muslim youths. I thought they were irredeemable but i was wrong anyway

3 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by lightheart(m): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2013
Hmmmm...*puts on goggle* why do I see this as a tactical infiltration...please our soldiers should be alert o. No sleeping on bicycle!
*removes goggles* Applaudable bravery by the youths...God help them. Amen
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by splashbaby(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2013
Begining of another problem. This may help solve our immediate Boko Haramic problems...so what will happen to the group after JTF's mission..Osama Bin Laden threaded this way too!

3 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by takedat(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2013
This is an argument for the creation of state police!

3 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2013
why waste ur nairaland ink replying a certified dundee?
skullz:
you mean...who gave them the right to do the right thing??

1 Like

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by fitzmayowa: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2013
Power to the civilian JTF

2 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by gerald09(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2013
ACF una don c am abi, u sit in ur dirty huts criticising GEJ for dividing the north yet u people can't even go n help fight the real evil dat is dividing the North. Nassarawa state(North) is governed by CPC and the state is an shame to all states in d world. U people sit n blame everybody else for the failure of ur region n u do nothing to help improve it. Keep complaining BH has successfully giving 2015 to GEJ n other region, if una continue like this I guess 2019 is not certain too.

3 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by fujirice: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2013
Ogar.monday:
A dash in the right direction.May the Almighty God protect them from what so ever harm the enemies of progress is planning to unleash on them.Reclaim Maiduguri i will gladly serve their when am called for my Nysc.
Goodluck with that. Even if I die and my body is exhumed to go and serve in Borno, I'm sure my dead body will reject and revolt against it.
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by TeeSeven(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2013
Proverb: "When you push a goat to the wall, it is left with no other option but to face the challenger - head on! "
This is a classic story of the hunted now becoming the hunter. Brave move boys, but, watch your back!
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by splashbaby(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2013
take dat: This is an argument for the creation of state police!
So that those wreckless governors should have a field day on their enemies abi! We have only one monster (GEJ) in charge of the police and see what we have! Imagine having 36 more monsters...abeg drop that idea...Nigeria is not ripe yet!

1 Like

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by lovelymind(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2013
For God and for youth... 2ru christ. God bless the youths, God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Capnd143(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2013
i bet when mr.shekau reads this, he will knw the days of his sect are numbered
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2013
Respect to these youths... We are proud of y'all
Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by fujirice: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2013
Nonybb: Am begining to change my perception about northern muslim youths. I thought they were irredeemable but i was wrong anyway
Wait until you have a one on one with them then you will know better. Don't just sit in the comfort of your abode and make conclusions. Eventhough I commend their courage and REaction(of late), one can not forget in a hurry what they are capable of. One thing you should be sure of is that THIS act will also backfire in one way or the other( though I don't pray for it to)

2 Likes

Re: "Civillian JTF" Embark On "Operation Stop And Search" by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2013
anyone of those touts that is caught should not be given to the police#general beating and jungle justice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landslide Kills 9 People In Calabar / Nigeria Exits Global Money Laundering And Terrorists Financing Watch List / Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.