Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1003006 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by steric58(m): 8:54am On Jan 18, 2015
francawilson:

Quality check control indeed. Unless other thngs otherthan cloths, footwears and perfumes are quality checked. Wallmart Àt Long Island NJ Hmmm

Abeg u dey do 3rd party 4China express? And how much do u charge per kg?
f rancs, please can you endeavor to share with us your marketing technique ad you have promise.thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2015
csckid:

Oga bizbloke,
Pls I want to know if you guys can handle delivery only from china for me...also hope you guys can ship tablets and powerbanks through express...I.e 24 to 48 hrs to land lagos?

Hi Csckid,

Yes, we can. No, those go via Normal Freight because of batteries.

Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2015
francawilson:

Quality check control indeed. Unless other thngs otherthan cloths, footwears and perfumes are quality checked. Wallmart Àt Long Island NJ Hmmm

Abeg u dey do 3rd party 4China express? And how much do u charge per kg?

Well, we've to agree to disagree then. grin

Yes, I dey do. Please, use the link on my signature and go to page 302 (all prices/rates are listed therein).

Cheers.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by cyif2003(m): 11:36am On Jan 18, 2015
pls is there anyone here dat is expexting goods frm nonnkings via normal shipping since december
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by AkProsper(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
BizBloke:

Consumer.
BUT I REALLY WANT TO RESELL
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by MsBella: 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
francawilson:
Hello house! I hav some parcels whch I tracked on nipost website&its showing collection since 6th Jan. Wheneva I go 2d post office, they'l tel me they didn't c it.

Is it possible it was sent to another post office lik my adress is area 3 Abuja&i'v collected ova 6 parcels frm Area 1 whch is d closest post office 2my ad.

Is it possible dat they sent it 2another post office or do I hav 2kick some asss 2get dem 2check thorough or sue their asses? Its frustrating. Damn!!

Lol.. no need to sue. Go to Area 10. I had the same challenge with my first parcel and I was directed to Area 1 when I got there, I met a woman who told me they saw my parcel and have sorted it out and were ready to send it to Area 10 where I have my P.O Box.. told her I can not go back there and it was almost time for closing.. They reluctantly looked for it and I collected it.

They have several attendants. with computers in Area 10, when you get there, give them your tracking number, that way they can tell you where you needto go and collect your stuff.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by MsBella: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
francawilson:

I'v bought jeweries frm aliexpress&they weren't fake although its not gold. Just don't bath wit it or spray perfume on it or harsh chemicals&It'l last.

Btw,if u'r buying 2resell,aliexpress is ur best bet cos Nigerians love cheap things. If they want quality&d ppl dat can afforÐ ,gold knw d way 2malam's shop 4gold&they knw d price.

I'l b back 2giv u some selling tips dat's working 4me.

Abeg no vex,can u remove Walmart frm there. All the thngs I eva bought frm there were fake. The cloths were of d lowest grades not 2mention d footwears.

They all buy frm China. I also bought frm almighty Kohl's store and their bags were made in China (even writtein on d label) and they didn't last as expected upon d price it was sold.

Really! And I have been stretching my neck towards that direction.. Have you used payless shoe source?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
AkProsper:

BUT I REALLY WANT TO RESELL

Then, kindly go for Reseller/Manufacturer.

Cheers.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by AkProsper(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
BizBloke:

Then, kindly go for Reseller/Manufacturer.

Cheers.
Thanks Bro. Again Just In Brief,
After Ordering For The Goods And It Get To Nigeria.What The Next Thing I.E How Wil I Get It Delivered To My Doorstep/address
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
steric58:
f rancs, please can you endeavor to share with us your marketing technique ad you have promise.thanks.
I'l b back 2tel u a lot. I'm cooking coconut rice right now.

@MsBella, thank u. I'l start my hunting 2moro and u'r invited 2dine wit me since u stay at ABJ too.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by MsBella: 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
francawilson:

I'l b back 2tel u a lot. I'm cooking coconut rice right now.

@MsBella, thank u. I'l start my hunting 2moro and u'r invited 2dine wit me since u stay at ABJ too.

Thank you smiley Let me know how the search goes.. BTW, were you asked to pay for the other parcels you collected?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
AkProsper:

Thanks Bro. Again Just In Brief,
After Ordering For The Goods And It Get To Nigeria.What The Next Thing I.E How Wil I Get It Delivered To My Doorstep/address

It's a pleasure to provide answers to your questions.

To enable me answer your question rightly, do you intend using Free Shipping (China Post, Singapore Post, etc) or a third party?

Then, again, from your latest post, aren't you buying (consumer) rather than reselling (reseller)?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by AkProsper(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
BizBloke:

To enable me answer your question rightly, do you intend using Free Shipping (China Post, Singapore Post, etc) or a third party?

Then, again, from your latest post, aren't you buying (consumer) rather than reselling (reseller)?
Thank U Very Much
Actually, I Just Want To Venture Into Importatn.
I Dnt Intent To Use Free Shipping Cos I Find Out That It Takes Time.
Whatever Am Buying Is Meant For Reselling Here In Nigeria.
Also, The Prices Of The Goods On The Sites, Are They Negotiable(bargain) Are Are Those The Final Price.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Dynamitehimself(m): 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
abbeyafu:

For you to make payments online with ur card, you will be required to fill in you secure code which the number that appears on your token device.

If you don't have one, Visit any GTBank branch and request for a token although u will be chrage around N2000+ (applies to GTB) Access bank token is N1500. I don't know of zenith and diamond coz I don't use dem.
Hope this helps?
e

Thanks so far abbeyafu.i already have a token from gtbank before now.when i tried paying it wouldnt go and asked for a secure code not token code thats the one i dont understand. my orders have free shipping attached and i dont know the best.i no ems is our post office here other optios include dhl,ups and feediE.please which is better house.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by roqrules04(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
neroflo57:

watsapp or bbm ,How can I contact u,though I have replied your email

Contact us on whatsapp 0.8.0.6.4.5.6.7.8.7.6
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by favoredgal: 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
phemmy26:
Hello, all,

please i need some information. I happened to buy some stuffs from asos which amounts to about 60k, items bought were shoes, bag and clothes and all of a sudden i received a mail that from skynet that i was to pay a custom charge of 30k on top items that was not up to 60k. On getting to there office, they were telling me that custom charges is 52% of the total cost of items. Is it true? cos i thin this is daylight robbery

Pls how was this resolved?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by MsBella: 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
phemmy26:
Hello, all,

please i need some information. I happened to buy some stuffs from asos which amounts to about 60k, items bought were shoes, bag and clothes and all of a sudden i received a mail that from skynet that i was to pay a custom charge of 30k on top items that was not up to 60k. On getting to there office, they were telling me that custom charges is 52% of the total cost of items. Is it true? cos i thin this is daylight robbery

There is this blog online, gingers note pad or something like that. On that blog alot of Nigerians who ordered from ASOS and had their stuff sent via Skynet had the same complaint - exhorbitant custom charges.

But I noticed that those who ordered one or two items were not charged as well as those who used free shipping - comes through the post office anyway.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
MsBella:

Thank you smiley Let me know how the search goes.. BTW, were you asked to pay for the other parcels you collected?
Sorry 4d late response.The other parcels I'v bn collecting were small so I no gree pay ooo. Its only a wig I ordered dat I paid 4 cos it looked big. The other ppl dat collected big parcels lik handbags&shoes&phones (atleast d ppl I met ther) that paid.

I went 2Area 10&they refered me back 2Area. I insisted 4dem 2check so a lady took my no&said sh'l cal me if sh found any cos their Ínternet was down but sh hasn't called.Í'l go again 2moro.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by lordmayor4(m): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
WTS: Q10
Price: 30k last

No swap deals, straight cash sale!!!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by AkProsper(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2015
@BISBLOKE
I'VE JUST GOOD THROUGH YOUR WEBSITE.AND I'LL LIKE TO KNOW.
1. $13/KG.WHAT IF MY ORDER IS LESS THAN 1 KG.

2. $5/ITEM. I DONT UNDERSTAND. IS IT ALSO PER KG
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by AkProsper(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
BizBloke:

PLEASE HOW DO I SHIP GOODS PURCHASE FROM DIFFERENT SUPPLIER AND GET THEM DELIVERED TO ME TOGETHER. BE IT FROM SAME OR DIFFERENT WEBSITE? .
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU'
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by charlespaker(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Am still a rookie in mini importation, I need help especially in making payment on dhgate or ali express,[color=#990000][/color]Currently which bank is best for the transaction? What are their charges? Pls stimulate the payment method for me. Finally.,
I shopped for an item worth 250$ including shipping ‎ on dhgate, and after charting with the seller, he gave me 50$ discount, but the site just give you the original total amount to pay, without the option to edit the original figure to the new agreed figure, pls in this context how do I go about it Thanks in advance.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by AkProsper(m): 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
PLEASE WHAT'S THIRD PARTY ALL ABOUT?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by uchman(m): 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
Please pals here,
I have an order that worth $1972 USD from China, and I will prefare sea shipping...
How will I go about it?

Is there any third party shipper that ships through sea?

Please reply
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ikonz(m): 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
charlespaker:
Am still a rookie in mini importation, I need help especially in making payment on dhgate or ali express,[color=#990000][/color]Currently which bank is best for the transaction? What are their charges? Pls stimulate the payment method for me. Finally.,
I shopped for an item worth 250$ including shipping ‎ on dhgate, and after charting with the seller, he gave me 50$ discount, but the site just give you the original total amount to pay, without the option to edit the original figure to the new agreed figure, pls in this context how do I go about it Thanks in advance. 

Place order for it but dont make payment yet, then tell your seller to change the price appropriately as agreed. It will reflect on your order page, you then go ahead and make payment for it. Once you are done, notify him/her accordingly
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ikonz(m): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
uchman:
Please pals here,
I have an order that worth $1972 USD from China, and I will prefare sea shipping...
How will I go about it?

Is there any third party shipper that ships through sea?

Please reply

Nobody want to take pains and read pages anymore, we all want immediate and already made solutions.

My brother, chosing your route of bringing in goods is dependent on a lot of factors - nature of the goods (perishable, expiring date, weight, packaging & size) how urgent it is needed, landing price against market price, prevailing custom duties, etc

Basically, most of the air cargoe logistic agents can also handle your sea shipping, but then, their effectiveness also depends on so many factors including their experience and expertise in maritime/sea clearance and forwarding etc. So yes, St. Patrick's, Nonnikings etc can do it for you

Contact any of the shipping agents when your goods reach their China office and inform them on the mode of shipment, sea shipping most times is cheaper but takes long to arrive

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by holajeedayy: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
fellow gurus am still watin for alibaba joint imortation
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by AkProsper(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
BizBloke:

BISBLOKE
PLEASE AFTER SELECTING DIFFERENT ITEM FROM DIFFERENT SUPPLIER ON ALIEXPRESS, HOW CAN IT GATHERED THEM TOGETHER AND SHIPED THEM AT ONCE.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by hometutorslagos: 2:02am On Jan 21, 2015
Please I need help bargaining with suppliers, once I tell them the unit price to pay or to reduce the shipping charge, they stop mailing me.
The gurus in importation, help a sister out pls.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ylordy(m): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2015
how can I know that an iPad or tablets support sim card from product details .
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2015
ylordy:
how can I know that an iPad or tablets support sim card from product details .

YLordy,

It should be stated there: 3G or so/SIM enabled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.