Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,692 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Can You Leave Your Job For Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Leave Your Job For Love? (916 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Ex? Share Your Experience. / Ladies: Why Leave Your Cleavage Open? / 12 Signs, You Should Leave Your Girl Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
Good afternoon guys,

I have witnessed a number of cases where some women leave a job they are happy with just because their husbands demand it. While some do this for religious reasons, others do it for love.

If the tables are turned and your wife happens to have a job where they pay her a net of =N=1.5million a month but the snag is she is required to work in a state different from where you work without the possibility of a transfer and she is unwilling to go to that state without you.

Would you resign your appointment to join her or would you ask her to look for another job in the state you are?
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by KateSpade(f): 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon guys,

I have witnessed a number of cases where some women leave a job they are happy with just because their husbands demand it. While some do this for religious reasons, others do it for love.

If the tables are turned and your wife happens to have a job where they pay her a net of =N=1.5million a month but the snag is she is required to work in a state different from where you work without the possibility of a transfer and she is unwilling to go to that state without you.

Would you resign your appointment to join her or would you ask her to look for another job in the state you are?

for a husband, yes. for a boyfriend, never.
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
KateSpade:

for a husband, yes. for a boyfriend, never.

Good evening Kate,

It's good to know your stance on the matter. But suppose your husband does not earn enough and you have a job where you are paid that much (=N=1.5m) would you leave the job to be with him or would you rather ask him to quit his job and be with you instead?
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by KateSpade(f): 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening Kate,

It's good to know your stance on the matter. But suppose your husband does not earn enough and you have a job where you are paid that much (=N=1.5m) would you leave the job to be with him or would you rather ask him to quit his job and be with you instead?

depends. Which one of are careers is in more demand? How much savings do we currently have, can we live off a lower income for a period of months? Are children involved? Has he made sacrifices for me due to my career before? There's no simple answer.

As far as me asking my husband to quit his job to be with me is irrelevant, if im married he is with me.
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
i cant leave the job unless i get another job in the state where he stays....he hs to understnd afterall it's 4 our good, we can see on weekends or public holidays..mayb, when i hv made enough money 4m the wrk, i ll then strt up a biz where he stays ...

i pray ds doesnt hapen to me oo cos i ll like to live with my beloved husbnd..
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
KateSpade:

depends. Which one of are careers is in more demand? How much savings do we currently have, can we live off a lower income for a period of months? Are children involved? Has he made sacrifices for me due to my career before? There's no simple answer.

As far as me asking my husband to quit his job to be with me is irrelevant, if im married he is with me.

From the last paragraph of your post, I guess your stance is that you will always be with your husband no matter what, even if it means given up a well paying job?
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
Love is all about sacrifice. You should be able to change location,bend rules & give up some things to stick together with your spouse.
However,since 'there is no romance without finance',be sure to have an alternative income source or get a new job before quiting a job that portends a long distance r/ship.
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
vivichocs: i cant leave the job unless i get another job in the state where he stays....he hs to understnd afterall it's 4 our good, we can see on weekends or public holidays..mayb, when i hv made enough money 4m the wrk, i ll then strt up a biz where he stays ...

i pray ds doesnt hapen to me oo cos i ll like to live with my beloved husbnd..

Hmmm...I understand your concerns.

I was really hoping to hear from guys concerning this ish but it seems they are a bit shy about it.

Well for me as a guy, I always believe that it is very important to make every key decision with my wife. So if I happen to have this ish when I am married then we would have to discuss about it and play out the various scenarios together.

I will go with whatver we decide as a family. If given up my job is best then the next question is: when should this take place? It won't be wise to just give up the job immediately. Atleast, I will need to look for another in the state my wife will be.

Anyways, the bottom line for me would be what we consider best for the family.
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
@ topic leave not leve cheesy

Leave job for marriage: Well, probably yes. It is easier said than done.. but the point it.. i know i know have to be happy from within to be successful at work… With a failing marriage lipsrsealed, i am sure my attention will be diverted.

Now to be in a happy marriage, we need to be fullfilled professionally or mentally. But when one is presented on a fork.. you have to make a hard decision.. This is in no way a sacrfise. It will be CHOICE i am making.. Since for me, my family DOES come first.
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
~vicky~:
@ topic leave not leve cheesy

Leave job for marriage: Well, probably yes. It is easier said than done.. but the point it.. i know i know have to be happy from within to be successful at work… With a failing marriage lipsrsealed, i am sure my attention will be diverted.

Now to be in a happy marriage, we need to be fullfilled professionally or mentally. But when one is presented on a fork.. you have to make a hard decision.. This is in no way a sacrfise. It will be CHOICE i am making.. Since for me, my family DOES come first.

@Bold, Thanks!
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by nikkypearl(f): 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
@Op..pls wat kinda company pays #1.5m per month?do you mean sum people are actually earning that much per month?chei!!!I don die!
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
nikkypearl: @Op..pls wat kinda company pays #1.5m per month?do you mean sum people are actually earning that much per month?chei!!!I don die!

sweerie, u brought the question right out of my mouth. @ OP, Which company pays #1.5 million, or does she do some ad-hoc job like servicing her boss?
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Exponental(m): 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
So many factors to consider too......she doesnt have to leave, neither do I. Not all about d income.
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Winningways: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
nikkypearl: @Op..pls wat kinda company pays #1.5m per month?do you mean sum people are actually earning that much per month?chei!!!I don die!
in ph here, there a young engr guy working wit total, he receives $1500 per day. Calculate how much it is in a month. Some guys dey chop raw moni
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Winningways: 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
@poster, ur question hmm, needs grace of God. I do not pray for such a situation, 'cos in many cases overtime the woman assumes the role of the bread winner especially when they dont have a joint account and you know thats trouble coming. I wil choose to forfeit such offer no matter how tempting it might be to save a marriage from unforseen circumstances. Thank you
Re: Can You Leave Your Job For Love? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
Winningways: @poster, ur question hmm, needs grace of God. I do not pray for such a situation, 'cos in many cases overtime the woman assumes the role of the bread winner especially when they dont have a joint account and you know thats trouble coming. I wil choose to forfeit such offer no matter how tempting it might be to save a marriage from unforseen circumstances. Thank you

Hmmm...tough call! I admire your devotion and like you said, it takes God's grace to pull through such situations.

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Tell Him, Tell Him Not! / Short Story: Am A Twin, And Its A Curse (beyond Borders) / Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.