Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Problem With The Black Man - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem With The Black Man (2869 Views)

Jesus Was A Black Man / The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance / The Black Woman Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With The Black Man by ooman(m): 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon ooman,

I just got to my destination and I am a bit tired but I will respond as 'best' as I can given the circumstance.

I beg to disagree with the bold ooman. History and even the present do not support your claim that decisions are the result of what the majority think. I agree that some decisions are taken by a majority in some cases but this is not always the case, hence the flaw in your thought process.

I believe you know of the term: "Dominant minority". This is when a minority of people have overwhelming influence on the culture, economics and politics of a country even when they constitute a small fraction of the total population. An example of countries who have been affected by this seeming anomaly includes South Africa during the apartheid regime. So if you base your argument on vast majority then I respectfully say it is incorrect.

Wrong again...I only used the phrase: "He combined both science and sacred scriptures successfully" as an illustration to disprove the claim you made. You attempted to put science and the Bible on opposite sides and I argued that one can combine both successfully.

ooman, you and I know that the bold is very FALSE!!! You have been the one bringing up the ish between the black and the white. Take responsibility for your words and let me be responsible for mine. See evidence below:

I can limit it to Africa but the problem is your argument compares Africa with other Continents of the world. If you argue this way, I am forced to disprove your assertions in a similar way. If you want Africa then let's stop the comparison. Using words and phrases like: Developed countries, Developing countries, whites etc is not restrictive to Africa alone.

smiley

I understand you quite well, but do you have to bring up Apartheid when we are talking about religious mentality? You brought up politics when we are debating religion, that is not very wise.

I maintain that because majority have the same view on religion, no matter how much they differ on politics, religion still influence their thoughts.

Actually, because a xtian proposed a now accepted (but questioned) theory doesnt mean he got it from the bible, so pls, science and religion better part ways, one will be limited on his thought when it is influenced by religion. I am sure Georges Lemaître would have done better if not that he was religious. Do not forget that most astronomers in recent history were killed by christians and popes of the past, because Georges Lemaître did not want to end up like Galileo and others, he refrained from proposing further theories about the non existence of a creator of the universe.

I still maintain that religious mentality is what kills africa. This is because most of the population are illiterate, the only answer they have is God did it according to his will, and so we must accept all things according to Gods will.

You ever wonder why it is that most intelligent people are irreligious or impious unlike illiterates, its because education frees you from religious influence and mentality.

Once majority of our population become educated, religion will self-eradicate and prosperity will flow.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
ooman:

I understand you quite well, but do you have to bring up Apartheid when we are talking about religious mentality? You brought up politics when we are debating religion, that is not very wise.

I maintain that because majority have the same view on religion, no matter how much they differ on politics, religion still influence their thoughts.

Actually, because a xtian proposed a now accepted (but questioned) theory doesnt mean he got it from the bible, so pls, science and religion better part ways, one will be limited on his thought when it is influenced by religion. I am sure Georges Lemaître would have done better if not that he was religious. Do not forget that most astronomers in recent history were killed by christians and popes of the past, because Georges Lemaître did not want to end up like Galileo and others, he refrained from proposing further theories about the non existence of a creator of the universe.

I still maintain that religious mentality is what kills africa. This is because most of the population are illiterate, the only answer they have is God did it according to his will, and so we must accept all things according to Gods will.

You ever wonder why it is that most intelligent people are irreligious or impious unlike illiterates, its because education frees you from religious influence and mentality.

Once majority of our population become educated, religion will self-eradicate and prosperity will flow.

I will respond to this! Going back home now!
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by plaetton: 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry Plaetton but responding to the above would be a waste of time for some reasons:

1) Israel is a developed country but you deny this when there are facts and figures. No need to show it here. Ask some other Atheists may be you will listen to them.

2) The talk about the loan guarantee only shows that you haven't gone through the data I gave previously. Scroll to the bottom and read it again. Use your glasses this time please and you will find the answers you seek. Below is the data again.

3) Some of the points you raised are irrelevant to the discuss e.g Israel being a high tech country undecided

4) You are derailing the thread cause the discuss is not about Israel as a country.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/US_aid_to_Israel_1946_2013.jpg

Derailing the thread? You were the one that asserted that Israel as one the deeply religious most economic and technologically advanced nations.
I am simply pointing out that your assertions are false and misleading.

1.By all indices, Israel is considered a developing nation, not an advanced nation.
2. Israel is a Jewish enclave with a plural population of religious, secular, agnostic and atheist population. It is not a theocracy.
3. Among the world's hightech hubs, Israel is certainly not among the tops. Pls tell us what, if any, modern technological innovation that is originally from Israel. What are the major Israeli technological exports?

Would you consider north Korea an advanced nation? After all, they build and launch their own rockets and sattelites into space. They build their own armaments, they manage their economy without any freebies, and loan guarantees from any nation. I am sure you would call them a poor backward country.

Would you consider Iran and advanced nation? Why not?

You have no idea what an advanced nation is.

I 'm pointing all these out to you, and now, you are telling me that they are irrelevant to the topic and derailing the thread.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
plaetton:

Derailing the thread? You were the one that asserted that Israel as one the deeply religious most economic and technologically advanced nations.
I am simply pointing out that your assertions are false and misleading.

1.By all indices, Israel is considered a developing nation, not an advanced nation.
2. Israel is a Jewish enclave with a plural population of religious, secular, agnostic and atheist population. It is not a theocracy.
3. Among the world's hightech hubs, Israel is certainly not among the tops. Pls tell us what, if any, modern technological innovation that is originally from Israel. What are the major Israeli technological exports?

Would you consider north Korea an advanced nation? After all, they build and launch their own rockets and sattelites into space. They build their own armaments, they manage their economy without any freebies, and loan guarantees from any nation. I am sure you would call them a poor backward country.

Would you consider Iran and advanced nation? Why not?

You have no idea what an advanced nation is.

I 'm pointing all these out to you, and now, you are telling me that they are irrelevant to the topic and derailing the thread.

Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2013
ooman: It has been found that blacks and whites have the same number of brain cells, muscle cells etc. It has been biologically confirmed that both races belong to the same species.

But what then is wrong with the black man? why do they appear to be the least evolved, less intelligent, less developed etc?

It was found that it is only among the black community that you will find more than 99% of the population to be religious.

It was then concluded that the problem with black people is that they are too gullible, they will believe just anything. They are too religious. Religion was concluded to be the problem with black people.

Being a black myself,i wouldn't say the black race is gullible to anything. I think 500 years of slavery and colonialism is enough to disturb the brain cells of any race. five centuries of brainwash is enough to turn people religious. Lets not forget the nigerian muslims were oppressed for 1200 years by the arabs.

It will take at least two generations to heal the minds of religious people.

Its easier to destroy than repair.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
ifeness:
I think 500 years of slavery and colonialism is enough to disturb the brain cells of any race. five centuries of brainwash is enough to turn people religious. Lets not forget the nigerian muslims were oppressed for 1200 years by the arabs.

Why was it not the blackman that colonized the Arabs and the whites, what was the blackman doing over the years when the whites and the arabs where building a strong army and the whites were developing the technology to colonizes the black race and to dominate the world?

1 Like

Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
MrBible:

Why was it not the blackman that colonized the Arabs and the whites, what was the blackman being doing over the years when the whites and the arabs where building a strong army and the whites were developing the technology to colonizes the black race and to dominate the world?

West Africans had fertile lands and great sunshine weather. Why would they need to travel far and wide? They were also isolated and enjoyed their farming.

The Europeans and middle eastern people were not isolated as they were trade routes. Technology thrives with the exchange of ideas and materials. Trade routes gave people knowledge of far and wide. Furthermore, harsh weather like winter and desert tempearures (in Eurasia and middle east respectively) were enough to make these people travel for greener pastures. The trade was another reason to travel...

1 Like

Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2013
Logicboy03:
West Africans had fertile lands and great sunshine weather. Why would they need to travel far and wide? They were also isolated and enjoyed their farming.

Africa is the 2nd largest continent in the world, 2nd largest in population, only the coastal areas and those close to the rivers are the places with fertile lands. So what was the black race leaving in the non fertile areas doing during the years the whites were looking for ways to develop the technology and were trading with their neighbors and exchanging ideas to help them overcome similar situations they were facing?
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
MrBible:

Africa is the 2nd largest continent in the world, 2nd largest in population, only the coastal areas and those close to the rivers are the places with fertile lands. So what was the black race leaving in the non fertile areas doing during the years the whites were looking for ways to develop the technology and were trading with their neighbors and exchanging ideas to help them overcome similar situations they were facing?

I am talking about West Africa. You are not far from fertile land anywhere in West Africa. The nomads only had to go in a circular route to the rivers and back.

I noticed how you evaded the two other factors

-Weather; Snow means stringer houses
-trade routes; Mixing ideas/materials from different civilizations enhances technology.

I cant change you if you want to go down the route that the black man's brain is inferior and that is why Africa is the way it is. Self hating is a choice.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
Logicboy03:
I cant change you if you want to go down the route that the black man's brain is inferior and that is why Africa is the way it is. Self hating is a choice.
I don't feel inferior to any race but I respect the white race for their advancement in science and technology and the simple reason for this is that the whiteman can come together and put their heads together to solve problems that will benefit the white race, while the blackman finds it hard to come together to put thiers heads together to solve problems that will benefit the black race.

Logicboy03: I am talking about West Africa. You are not far from fertile land anywhere in West Africa. The nomads only had to go in a circular route to the rivers and back.
You responded to my post and I wasn't referring to west Africa alone, the topic was about the blackman, if you just want to limit your post to west africa then they had their own challenges too, which would still have helped the white race to develop if they were the ones living in this part of the world.

Logicboy03:
I noticed how you evaded the two other factors
-Weather; Snow means stringer houses
-trade routes; Mixing ideas/materials from different civilizations enhances technology.
Your factors are just a lazy man's excuse because when the white race settled in south africa they did not just say oh the weather is perfect the land is fertile and then stop their advancement in science and technology.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With The Black Man by ooman(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
I think that there is no excuse for the blackman's stagnation.

Something must be done fast.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2013
MrBible:
I don't feel inferior to any race but I respect the white race for their advancement in science and technology and the simple reason for this is that the whiteman can come together and put their heads together to solve problems that will benefit the white race, while the blackman finds it hard to come together to put thiers heads together to solve problems that will benefit the black race.

You responded to my post and I wasn't referring to west Africa alone, the topic was about the blackman, if you just want to limit your post to west africa then they had their own challenges too, which would still have helped the white race to develop if they were the ones living in this part of the world.

Your factors are just a lazy man's excuse because when the white race settled in south africa they did not just say oh the weather is perfect the land is fertile and then stop their advancement in science and technology.

With the swipe of the hand, you dismiss my valid points as a lazy mans excuse. sad

I dont blame you. Keep respecting the white race like a house negro. I would like to know why you failed to mention the Asians as well. Japan is the most technologically advanced countries in the world. But no, your worship of the white man is more important than facts
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
ooman: I think that there is no excuse for the blackman's stagnation.

Heard of religion and colonization?
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2013
Logicboy03: I dont blame you. Keep respecting the white race like a house negro.

You have just shown us the blackmans problem, not appreciating the successful hard work of others. Do you think this forum and the internet just appeared by magic?

Logicboy03:
With the swipe of the hand, you dismiss my valid points as a lazy mans excuse. sad
I would like to know why you failed to mention the Asians as well. Japan is the most technologically advanced countries in the world. But no, your worship of the white man is more important than facts

Japan, China and the rest of Asia still depend on Europe and America in the area of science and technology. 25% of China's revenue goes back to Europe for research in science and technology.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
ooman: I think that there is no excuse for the blackman's stagnation.

Sense making! Religion is no excuse!
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by ooman(m): 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Sense making! Religion is no excuse!

I am not saying religion is an excuse, i am saying it is a factor, you need to understand me.

The words of the wise are dark sayings, only the sapient can understand them
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
MrBible:

You have just shown us the blackmans problem, not appreciating the successful hard work of others. Do you think this forum and the internet just appeared by magic?

I give praise were praise is due.

I dont worship people.

MrBible:
Japan, China and the rest of Asia still depend on Europe and America in the area of science and technology. 25% of China's revenue goes back to Europe for research in science and technology.

I see that you are quite ignorant of Japan. I would like you to research on Japan and technology.

Japan is the most technologically advanced country in the world. Even your electronics; Sony, Sharp, Futjitsu, Nikon etc are Japanese. The others; Lg and Samasung are south Korean.

You must be real ignorant
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2013
Logicboy03: I see that you are quite ignorant of Japan. I would like you to research on Japan and technology.
Japan is the most technologically advanced country in the world. Even your electronics; Sony, Sharp, Futjitsu, Nikon etc are Japanese. The others; Lg and Samasung are south Korean. You must be real ignorant

You are not exposed at all, what you don't know is that Japan still depends on America's technology, who makes aeroplanes, who dropped the first atomic bomb on Japan, who makes space shuttles, the items you mentioned are cheaper for America and Europe if they are manufactured in Japan and Asia and then shipped back to them, than for them to make it by themselves which they were doing before and were invented in Europe and America

Logicboy03: I dont worship people.

That means respect and worship mean the same to you
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2013
MrBible:

You are not exposed at all, what you don't know is that Japan still depends on America's technology, who makes aeroplanes, who dropped the first atomic bomb on Japan, who makes space shuttles, the items you mentioned are cheaper for America and Europe if they are manufacture in Japan and Asia and then shipped back to them, than for them to make it by themselves which they were doing before and were invented in Europe and America

Are you seriously arguing with facts? Japan remains the most technologically advanced country in the world. I gave you a list of top consumer electronics that are purely Japanese and South Korean companies and you are still chatting nonsense about some bomb in 1945........

Only a fool argues with evidence. Do not argue this one, abeg.

MrBible:

I respect people not worship them
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by plaetton: 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2013
MrBible:

You are not exposed at all, what you don't know is that Japan still depends on America's technology, who makes aeroplanes, who dropped the first atomic bomb on Japan, who makes space shuttles, [color=#990000][b]the items you mentioned are cheaper for America and Europe if they are manufactured in Japan and Asia and then shipped back to them, than for them to make it by themselves which they were doing before and were invented in Europe and America [/color][/b]

Absolute rubbish.
Which American technology does Japan depend on?
Japan makes Airplanes. Did you not know that? Were the second world war japanese planes and warships made in your village?
Japan also makes and send sattelites into orbit. Japan also has a space program. I guess you are not aware of that?
Japan also has nuclear power. I guess you have not heard of the tsunami and the nuclear meltdown they had over there.

The statement below is the most ridiculous and ignorant thing I have heard..., so far this year.

the items you mentioned are cheaper for America and Europe if they are manufactured in Japan and Asia and then shipped back to them, than for them to make it by themselves which they were doing before and were invented in Europe and America[/color] [/color][/b]
[/b]
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2013
Logicboy03: Are you seriously arguing with facts? Japan remains the most technologically advanced country in the world. I gave you a list of top consumer electronics that are purely Japanese and South Korean companies and you are still chatting nonsense about some bomb in 1945........
Only a fool argues with evidence. Do not argue this one, abeg.

Like you already said earlier that we have fertile land and good whether in West Africa, now with the electronics you get from Japan no wonder you have concluded that west african will remain the way it is, as there is nothing for them to worry about. You have just answered the problem with the blackman. Well done!
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
MrBible:

Like you already said earlier that we have fertile land and good whether in West Africa, now with the electronics goods you get from Japan no wonder you have concluded that west african will remain the way it is, as there is nothing for them to make them develop. You have just answered the problem with the blackman. Well done!

Yawn......you have nothing. I just hope that your name is sarcastic because it would be even more foolish if you were a christian.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2013
Logicboy03: Yawn......you have nothing. I just hope that your name is sarcastic because it would be even more foolish if you were a christian.

This is the effect of fertile land in west africa, good weather and electronics from Japan. They are not allowing you to apply logic to what's going on around the world.
I have every good thing you can imagine, but all that you think you have is the fertile land, good weather and the electronics you get from Japan, which you have no clue as to how they came into existence. Continue to enjoy your backwardness
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Demainman1: 11:09am On Feb 11, 2013
@ooman, You have really tried to make the religious see the truth of the matter but i bet you these people have been so brainwashed that they can never see your point of view and as long as that remains the mindset of most africans, i'm afraid, there shall be no meaningful development in that continent sad

My hope is for the day a 'free minded individual' will have the priviledge of rulling Nigeria or any part of that continent for that matter. Will that ever happen? Your guess as as good as mine angry

People are religious in africa not because they love GOD but because they fear HELL.
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by ooman(m): 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
Demain_man: @ooman, You have really tried to make the religious see the truth of the matter but i bet you these people have been so brainwashed that they can never see your point of view and as long as that remains the mindset of most africans, i'm afraid, there shall be no meaningful development in that continent sad

My hope is for the day a 'free minded individual' will have the priviledge of rulling Nigeria or any part of that continent for that matter. Will that ever happen? Your guess as as good as mine angry

People are religious in africa not because they love GOD but because they fear HELL.

I Agree
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Kennyking1234: 5:05pm On May 10, 2021
Areaboy2:
I've studied this issue extensively and have come to a number of conclusions. we are physically as developed as any other race. However, the way you bring up a child makes all the difference. The way we bring up our children is the one plague for the black man.

Wish I could sit here long enough to explain my point but i have a bad cold sad. When i get better i'll be back to explain
Hope the cold is gone. Please explain...
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Dtruthspeaker: 5:31pm On May 10, 2021
ooman:
It has been found that blacks and whites have the same number of brain cells, muscle cells etc. It has been biologically confirmed that both races belong to the same species.

But what then is wrong with the black man? why do they appear to be the least evolved, less intelligent, less developed etc?

It was found that it is only among the black community that you will find more than 99% of the population to be religious.

It was then concluded that the problem with black people is that they are too gullible, they will believe just anything. They are too religious. Religion was concluded to be the problem with black people.

Yeah! This what happens after the sons of Satan have successfully destroyed our ability to discern and ascertain The Truths we used to know from babyhood till adult hood deceiving men with their square roots and cube roots, perimeters and history of Law and fractions.

Truth is in Nature and has Always been in Nature after all it is Nature that is either profitable to us or adverse to us
Re: The Problem With The Black Man by Dtruthspeaker: 5:38pm On May 10, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Hope the cold is gone. Please explain...

Yeah! This what happens after the sons of Satan have successfully destroyed our ability to discern and ascertain The Truths we used to know from babyhood till adult hood deceiving men with their square roots and cube roots, perimeters and history of Law and fractions.

Truth is in Nature and has Always been in Nature after all it is Nature that is either profitable to us or adverse to us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dont Be Deceived! This Is What The Northerners Are Planning? / Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Just Donated 1 Billion Naira To BIU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.