Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (17736 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by coogar: 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
Itoroetti :

I believe u are joking.how many great goals did yekini scored?how many assist did he contribute to d team in general?yekini was just a player who topped 9 with little contribution to the team.yekini was not a "hustler" like emenike.when yekini doesn't score,u can't see him in d field,but on d contrary to emenike.if emenike isn't scoring ,u see him create d assist or u see him trouble d defence.pls how fantastic was d goal yekini scored in 94 world
cup?watch d 2 players b4 comparing them.tans

you must have been born in 1999 - after yekini retired. yekini was one of the most hard-working strikers we have ever had. he's a beast, loads of movement, never reluctant to get stuck in and he's a beast in the box. comparing emenike to yekini is like comparing musa to nani.

9 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by donpetros: 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
dats d truth ooo, he is the hair. we are now looking for Jay Jay's hair
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by SamMilla1(m): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
Emenike is more like Yekini and Amokachi combined together.

2 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by BankoleNco: 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
No he is Igbo and way better!

3 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by BankoleNco: 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sam Milla: Emenike is more like Yekini and Amokachi combined together.

cool cool cool
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by aribisala0(m): 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2013
They are not the same Kind of player.Yekini is more like a Drogba, because of his size he can play upfront alone.I never found him very entertaining but he was a very direct player and his goal record speaks for itself. I do not think any Nigerian will surpass that record soon. However Yekini played alongside great players like Amunike,Finidi,Amokachi,Oliseh who helped him a lot. I would not even go as far as saying he was the best player of his generation though he did most of the scoring.
If Emenike was around in 1994 would he have made the world cup team? In place of whom?

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by ichidodo: 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
yekini was o.k a tough brutal 1-way top 9 like grant holt of norwich city but waaayy better but EMENIKE brings something else plays like eto wit great linkup play just like van persie. Emenike is the yekini of our time.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by 9jauk: 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
Emenike is coming up, Gangling Yekini remain undoubtedly best goal scorer Nigeria ever produced,Late Yekins shoe and record will be a hard to match; Enigmatic goal scorer, Mr Gbe le gba ..
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by BankoleNco: 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
aribisala0: [s]They are not the same Kind of player.Yekini is more like a Drogba, because of his size he can play upfront alone.I never found him very entertaining but he was a very direct player and his goal record speaks for itself. I do not think any Nigerian will surpass that record soon. However Yekini played alongside great players like Amunike,Finidi,Amokachi,Oliseh who helped him a lot. I would not even go as far as saying he was the best player of his generation though he did most of the scoring.
If Emenike was around in 1994 would he have made the world cup team? In place of whom?[/s] O w can e e be when e e canot h eat amala na?

Better!
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by elampiro(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2013
My respect for Yekini first.

Now my comment. It is too early to judge. Who knows if Emenike will still be prolific in few years time. But if we are to judge by comparison, we can say he will match or surpass Yekini.

Yekini started in 1984, he scored 34 goals in 58 appearances for Eagles. He has a total of 13 nations cup goals after participating in five nations cup between 1984 and 1994.

Emenike has now scored 4 nations cup goals in only his first appearance. If he finds favour with God, the sky will be his limit. It is also nice to mention that non of his goals was from a spot kick.

3 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ganys: Sharaaap!!! Comot for Road make I shiiit on this thread....
Poo Poo Pooo!!!
No kill the guy career nah, e just dey start abeg angry

ahn ahn grin na war?
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Jarus(m): 6:43pm On Feb 06, 2013
aribisala0: They are not the same Kind of player.Yekini is more like a Drogba, because of his size he can play upfront alone.I never found him very entertaining but he was a very direct player and his goal record speaks for itself. I do not think any Nigerian will surpass that record soon. However Yekini played alongside great players like Amunike,Finidi,Amokachi,Oliseh who helped him a lot. I would not even go as far as saying he was the best player of his generation though he did most of the scoring.
If Emenike was around in 1994 would he have made the world cup team? In place of whom?
Power is the only similarity between Drogba and Yekini. Yekini also used chest, but on lesser frequency compared to Drogba. Rashidi was not a great header, Drogba is. Drogba is not a 9 at all times - he moves around, sometimes going as far as back. Yekini was a traditional 9 - feed him and he will score.

@OP,

Emenike has some features of Amokachi and some of Yekini. He may never score 37 goals like Yekini did, but he is a great striker.

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by coogar: 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
i cannot believe this comparison.
abeg compare emenike to chrisantus or monday odiaka - not yekini!
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by sportfeva(m): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
Duduknight: He is not even close. Emenike still has a long way to go.
I concur with you but with time, he will get there.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Opoki(m): 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
Bo-large:
HABA! WETIN EMENIKE DON DO?

EMENIKE NEVER REACH THE FIT OF AMOKACHI YOU DEY TALK OF YEKINI.

I BEG THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE.
Bo-large:

Bo-large:

I could have said this BUT,
After Yekini, we never had any lethal Striker... You may want to talk about Aghahowa or Agali or Yakubull but these are set of flop strikers except Agahowa...
As at now, lets hope Emenike continous like these, probably we can rate him after 2014 WC if he's heir to da bull or Yekeen.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by BankoleNco: 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
How come Rashidi Yekini never played in a noteworthy club, or even feature in the champions league? Most players from his SE era did . . . . Anyone say LOCAL CHAMPION?
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
Emenike has potentials that will make him better than yekini in all ramifications.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Opoki(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
BankoleNco: How come Rashidi Yekini never played in a noteworthy club, or even feature in the champions league? Most players from his SE era did . . . . Anyone say LOCAL CHAMPION?

He played in EUROPA but a tree don't make a forest.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Opoki(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
SIRCONFIDENCE: Emenike has potentials that will make him better than yekini in all ramifications.
We just need to wait till after WC.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by mallorca(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
Emmanuel Chinenye Emenike is from Aguleri in Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Rossikk(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
In some ways he's even better than Yekini already. He's quicker and more skillful than Yekini.

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Reference(m): 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2013
Still too early. One thing Yekini had was consistency. This is observed over time. If the team handlers can work to keep Emenike a top 9 for say the next two years, I think we will have the striking machine we've be longing for. Its a journey of discovery.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by coogar: 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
BankoleNco: How come Rashidi Yekini never played in a noteworthy club, or even feature in the champions league? Most players from his SE era did . . . . Anyone say LOCAL CHAMPION?

he once won the portugese league's golden boot!
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Jarus(m): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2013

He was highest goal scorere on Portuguese league in 1992/93 season.

Then, only few African players played abroad.

If you don't know history, learn.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Duduknight(m): 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2013

Please name the Nigerian players who played in the Champions League before 1994. In fact, name the Africans who did.
Opportunities were limited back then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lucky Omeruo And Dorsy Chuks-Omeruo Welcome Their First Baby / Ex- Super Eagles Coach Christian Chukwu Arrives London For Treatment / U20 AFCON: Flying Eagles Battle Mali For Final Ticket. Today 4pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.