Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Fast Food Joints - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fast Food Joints (2705 Views)

What You Must Know About Roadside Food Joints / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / How Come Fast Food Joints Have Very Bad Toilets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fast Food Joints by Bibi(m): 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2005
I noticed the springing up of many fast food joints in Nigeria these days.

In your opinion, do you consider these Nigerian fast foods healthy? Whats is your general opinion for and against fast food?
Re: Fast Food Joints by hotangel2(f): 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2005
I think Nigerian fast food joints, are definitely going to be healthier than the fast food joints here. Reason? Fast food joints here cook "chemically..blah blah stuffs". Nigerian use normal bread chickens and groundnut oil.. and u know, now fatty foods. their meat-pies are bakes and not fried. I definitely think..fast food joints in Nigeria are healthy.
Re: Fast Food Joints by dablessed(f): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2005
As Uncle Segz don place embargo on leather, textile, electronics, furniture, etc ( who knows what it'd be tomorrow?)

Man must survive now abi? It is very unlikely for any govt to place an embargp on "food" abi my pple?

So that explains why almost every body is into food business now. " i may be wrong though"
Re: Fast Food Joints by Seun(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2005
Mr. Biggs, Tastee Fried Chicken, and which other one?

Well, it think it has to do with their healthy profit margins. It's amazing how much more money people will pay for neat food served in a clean, upscale-looking environment! Today's fast food joints are the antithesis of the 'bukateria'.
Re: Fast Food Joints by hotangel2(f): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2005
Seun, there's Friends, and Chiquita.
Re: Fast Food Joints by WesleyanA(f): 9:10am On Aug 15, 2005
@ hot angel you scared me a little. you said friends and chiquita @the same time. i used to have both close to my home were you my neighbor? shocked
Re: Fast Food Joints by Bibi(m): 12:06am On Aug 21, 2005
Im in love with those bukas in Lagos and Ibadan, serving hot dripping gbegiri with amala and mountains of bokoto. This is the real thing. They may look dirtier than tantalizer or mister biggs, however with the heat from the cooking, no virus/germ can survive the heat attack.

Mi belief that the safest joints are those special bukas o jare. I visited tantalizer twice when i was in nigeria lately and I ended up with stomach aches...
Re: Fast Food Joints by layi(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2005
None like tanties (african dishes) , St Elmos (pizzas) and Choco L'Royale (ice creams).
Re: Fast Food Joints by Hunter(m): 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2005
I hope it's cheaper than importing your own ice cream, a litre tub cost $50 USD to import from South Africa.
Re: Fast Food Joints by Seun(m): 1:48am On Dec 17, 2005
Why should anyone want to import ice cream when the main components are Milk and Eggs?
Re: Fast Food Joints by Bibi(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2005
Yeah, Nigerians will import white man's shit if Baba Iyabo allows it. Such is our enterprise thinking which is based on buy and sell rather than produce.
Re: Fast Food Joints by Icon(m): 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2006
Bibi:

Mi belief that the safest joints are those special bukas o jare. I visited tantalizer twice when i was in nigeria lately and I ended up with stomach aches...

I was in Sweet sensation yesterday evening and i've not been able to go out today cos of running stomach. Most of those joints are not healthy. Especially the ones with lots of people.
Re: Fast Food Joints by layi(m): 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2006
So the bukas are healthier? shocked
Re: Fast Food Joints by Icon(m): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2006
Some bukas are. At lease the food is served steaming hot so there's absence of micro organisms in it. If the plates and the cups are clean, then you can be guranteed of healthy food. In the places like Sweet Sensation, Tantalizers and stuff, they usually leave the food open for so long under the glass cabinet thing, that's perfect for germs to breed.
Re: Fast Food Joints by papermoon(f): 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2006
personally..MR.BIGGS does it for me..anytime im in naija..i cant do without eating it especially the meatpies...and when im coming back thats the only food i eat on the plane....i eat meatpie,sausage, rice,and everything that will last me for the flight....i love MR.BIGGS
Re: Fast Food Joints by omogenaija(f): 12:23am On Feb 07, 2006
WHAT THE HELL IS A BUKA ??
Re: Fast Food Joints by Icon(m): 12:52am On Feb 07, 2006
omoge02863:

WHAT THE HELL IS A BUKA ??
To put it simply, a Buka is a local canteen which does not bother about finese of furniture, plates, etc.
See here for more details.
Re: Fast Food Joints by omogenaija(f): 1:57am On Feb 07, 2006
Icon:

To put it simply, a Buka is a local canteen which does not bother about finese of furniture, plates, etc.
See here for more details.

THANKS VERY MUCH.... NOW DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY BUKAS IN AMERICA ??
Re: Fast Food Joints by mochafella(m): 2:24am On Feb 07, 2006
omoge02863:

THANKS VERY MUCH.... NOW DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY BUKAS IN AMERICA ??

nope, they'll probably get closed down
Re: Fast Food Joints by Farriel(m): 8:35pm On Mar 08, 2006
Sure? How about the guys that sell hot-dogs on kerbs with drunks and the homeless lying next to their trucks, begging buyers to buy them one? And most times in very filthy surroundings.
Re: Fast Food Joints by mochafella(m): 8:42pm On Mar 08, 2006
Farriel:

Sure? How about the boys that sell hot-dogs on kerbs with drunks and the homeless lying next to their trucks, begging buyers to buy them one? And most times in very filthy surroundings.

You said it already, "on kerbs" and "next to their trucks". A "roach coach" does not qualify as a Buka. Its like saying the person hawking boiled groundnuts or roasted corn is a buka. angry shocked
Re: Fast Food Joints by Oracle(m): 2:10am On Mar 14, 2006
Fast food joints are really increasing in Naija
and i think they are standard and healthy places
like mr bigg's
there are alot of them in enugu
Mr Bigg's, O Neal, Bubbles Plaza, Fillinn Station, Crunches
and many more
they are soooooooooo many, i just listed a few

Re: Fast Food Joints by eveseh(f): 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2006
look nice
Re: Fast Food Joints by tck2000(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Your Favourite Nigerian Snacks From Around The Country / This Plantain Porridge With Goat Meat Will Definitely Make You Ask For More / See What I Prepared For Lunch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.