Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story (68400 Views)

5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / Fictional Story - Broken By Dharmie Lisa (@dharmielisa) / Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
@BukkyDan... *winks*
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 04, 2013
Double post.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 04, 2013
BukkyDan:

abeg help me ask am o? I resemble Aunty Serah?

@ Aunty Serah nice update, you just got me imagining myself in Promise's shoes
really bukky, what will u av done if u were in promise's shoes, and i con dey keshinro's shoes. Tell us bukky. @aunty sarah, nice update,may God help promise o. And helep ur tell bukky say d hanging don do.make she update ha story o.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by tundunlola(f): 9:28am On Apr 04, 2013
Oh,I'm sorry aunty serah,its because I've read a lot of write up lately,sowi for d mistake, @molly, lol
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by tundunlola(f): 9:29am On Apr 04, 2013
Oh,I'm sorry aunty serah,its because I've read a lot of write up lately,sowicheesy
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by oyestephen(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
serahsadeiyare: @tundunlola @mollytinrox... Hahahahahaaaaa *falls off the chair laughing*
shocked hope you aren't hurt Aunt ?
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
@tundunlola... I understand jare. No wahala *hugs*

@oyestephen... No I am not hurt. No one is above mistakes.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Jakemond(m): 12:44am On Apr 05, 2013
Outstanding writing ma'am!! keep up the good work.

when you get a chance can you critic this piece for me: https://www.nairaland.com/1247140/conflicted-destiny-chronicle-natural-born#15084748

Thanks
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 05, 2013
@jakemond... Thanks Jake. I will check out your works soon. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
As Deep As The Sea 9

Keshinro pressed the door bell again. His fingers felt sore. He had been knocking at the door and pressing the doorbell for over twenty minutes and Promise had refused to open it. Her car was parked in the compound, he was sure she was home. She had called and cancelled their date that night. What amazed him was that she had also broken up with him. Some times, he barely understood her.

Why would she break up with him just like that? She wasn't someone who acted out of the blues. She must have thought about it. It made him wonder how long she had been thinking about breaking up with him. But, she was always happy whenever they were together. Had she been pretending?

He shook the thoughts away. Maybe something happened that night. Something must have happened. Probably that was why she cancelled their date. He wondered what made her take such a drastic decision. What happened?

Just when he was beginning to grow more in love with her, she decided to leave him. He would never allow that to happen. He dialed her number again, but it kept ringing. No response. If she was planning to frustrate him, she was doing a good job. Why can't she open the door and allow them to settle the issue, whatever it was, like adults?

He began to pace. He cannot lose her. He must not lose her. He cannot afford to lose her. She occupied a very big part of his heart. He decided to allow her have her way that night. He would find time to speak to her in the office, no matter how tight their schedule was. Regardless of what life threw at them the next day, he would find a way to bring her back to her senses.

Promise knew when Keshinro drove out of the compound. She had refused to pick his calls or opened her door in order to avoid been seduced back into the pit she was trying to distance herself. She was not ready to break anybody's home. She was tired of running away from God. She wanted peace back into her life. She had planned to move back in with her room-mates and return the car. Her life was more important than any gift Keshinro could ever give her.

He might not want to give up on her, but, she was done with their affair. She was through with it! There was no turning back for her now. It is simply over.

'Thank you Lord for strength. I am eternally grateful,' she bowed her head.

The Publication department of Yellow Tube Communications Company held a meeting after working hours. Keshinro dismissed everyone two hours later but asked Promise to stay behind.

"What is wrong with you?" He pulled out a chair and sat beside her.

She crossed her arms against her bosom and eyed him. She knew that he had rescheduled the meeting from ten in the morning to five in the evening because he wanted to speak with her before she ran home. She had avoided him for three days with success. She knew he would find a way to get her attention, but, she wasn't ready to make it easy for him.

"Sir, I need to go home and rest. It's being a very long day."

"Cut the crap Promise!" His tone was laced with anger.

Why was he angry with her? It was a free world. She had the right to choose who she wanted to be with and who she wanted out of her life.

"Why are you treating me this way?" He brushed a hand over her face. She pushed the chair backwards and got up. His touch always unnerved her. What kind of crazy physical attraction was this?

'God, I need you now!'

He reached out for her hand and drew her back to the seat.

"You know how much I love you," he held her hands in his.

"We can't do this anymore," she freed her hands from his grip.

"Why? Was it something I did or said? Please talk to me, I will... "

"You did nothing," her voice cut across his. Their eyes met and locked.

"What is it Princess? Tell me."

She tore her eyes away and wrapped her arms around her.

"My love... " He cupped her jaw in his hand.

"Stop it... " She brushed his hand away.

"I love you. If you leave me, I will go loco."

"We can't... God is not happy with us."

"God?" His brows came together in a frown, "What do you mean? He is a merciful God. We are His children," his frown faded.

"This is wrong and you know it. It is over."

He shook his head, "It is not over. We belong together. We love each other. That is all that matters."

"Your wife, your children... "

"They are fine. I will always take care of them. Let's concentrate on us."

She sighed heavily.

"My love, you will kill me if you leave me. You mean the world to me," he helped her to her feet and drew her close.

'Oh God... You were supposed to save me... God... '

He kissed her and her train of thoughts evaporated.

Promise and her siblings arrived at Labadi Beach Hotel on Easter Sunday. Instead of spending her Easter holiday in Lagos, she decided to take a trip to Accra with Prince and Gift. Her siblings were estactic when they found out that they were going to tour Ghana for seven days.

She led them into the suite Keshinro had booked for her. He was a bit disappointed that he wouldn't be spending time with her during the holidays, but she convinced him that there were more holidays to come and she would always be available.

"Promise, I hope Yellow Tube retains you. If your salary as a Corper can guarantee this kind of trip, I wonder what your salary as a full time staff will do," Prince opened the refrigerator and brought out a bottle of fruit wine.

"Prince is right," Gift settled on a chair.

"Of course, I am," he filled three wine glasses and served them.

"This wine is chilled," Gift sipped at her drink.

Promise smiled at them. Her salary had nothing to do with her present lifestyle. Gifts from her lover afforded her the luxury she was indulging in. What would they think of her if they found out that she was dating a married man? Her parents would be devastated. She shook the thoughts away and drained her glass.

She was in Accra to relax and enjoy herself. Life was short, one should live it in the best way one possibly can.

"Welcome to Accra Gift, enjoyment has started," Gift laid back on the chair and placed her legs on the glass center table.

Prince chuckled and shook his head at his younger sister. He was also glad to be in Accra. He would take a lot of pictures and buy several souvenirs to share with his friends when he returns to school. He might plan a return trip to Ghana, but he would visit with his friends. They would have a bash! He pulled out his blackberry phone from his pocket and started pinging his friends.

"Are you okay?"

She raised her head and met his concerned gaze.

"You look awful, Maimuna come and check out your friend," Abubakar alerted her.

Maimuna watched Promise from her seat. She had been worried about her all morning too.

"Maybe those Ghanians' dishes she ate during her Easter holiday is doing a number on her," Ogbonna teased her and Edet started to laugh.

She ignored them. She had been nursing a terrible headache for two nights and it seemed to have gone worse. She had swallowed several antibiotics, but, nothing worked.

"Promise... " Maimuna approached her.

"She is sweating like... Look at her jacket, it is soaked," Abubakar examined her.

"Promise... Are you okay?" She placed a hand on her forehead, "My God!" She redrew her hand immediately and turned to Abubakar, "She is burning up, we need to get her to the hospital."

He nodded and returned to his desk, he fetched his car keys and helped Maimuna to lift Promise off the chair.

"Promise... "

She could barely hear anything anymore, suddenly, her world spinned and darkness enveloped her.

"She has fainted!"

Ogbonna and Edet stopped laughing.

"Abubakar help me!" Maimuna cried out.

Ogbonna lifted Promise and cradled her in his arms as if she weighed nothing. Abubakar pushed the office door open and Maimuna ran after them. Edet watched them go. He hoped it was nothing serious. He got to his feet and went straight to their boss' office to intimate him of the situation at hand.

1 Like

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
@All... Sorry about the double post. Network things... Have a lovely weekend!
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tanx dear,nyc weekend to u too
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by BukkyDan(f): 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
^hy candis..longest time.

@Damex....errm...

/@ Aunty Serah....don't tell me its what I'm thinking...
Yekpa!
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by oyestephen(m): 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
She yaf get belle..... cry
nice one @auntyserah

1 Like

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
She yaf swallow cockroach, she yaf gbe ayan mi.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
Bukky,tanx 4 noticing d@ its bin long jare... Av been preoccupied lately wit these skul wahala.. I hope u r doin gr8 also
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 06, 2013
BukkyDan: ^hy candis..longest time.

@Damex....errm...

/@ Aunty Serah....don't tell me its what I'm thinking...
Yekpa!
errm wat? Sis bukky- dont keep us hanging na. Or i will start boko-ing you every where in nl o.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 06, 2013
@All... Next update loading *winks*

1 Like

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Hollyb(f): 7:02am On Apr 08, 2013
Let it load, we're waiting
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Aghagba(f): 10:16am On Apr 08, 2013
Gengengen,promise is pregnant.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by tundunlola(f): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2013
Aunty serah,is d next upload loading till now?
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
@tundunlola... Oliver twist!!! Lol... Pls be patient *winks*
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by kkjoy(f): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
OMG!!!!! She is pregnant
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by princesa(f): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
the issues Christian singles go through fighting temptations in the world...God help us embarassed

don't leave us in suspense for long plssmiley
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Jumizie13(f): 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
Wow, aunt serah dnt tell me that promise is now a double decker. *winks*
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by adebayo201: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2013
Na wa oh!
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Emeralddan(f): 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hah she is pregnant....na wa o
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
With due permission... Looking forward to seeing you there self.

https://www.nairaland.com/1258506/happy-birthday-me-foxybone-advance#15256248

Thanks grin grin
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by MumZ(f): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2013
E don tay o, no update yet. Still loading? Abeg no wink @ me, u dey take am bribe us.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by bumzel89(f): 11:26am On Apr 19, 2013
Where​ on this planet is sarah na? Since 8th of april, almost two weeks of hunger. Pls come and feed us oh...
Thanks in advance. #hugs#
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by goldwaters(f): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2013
@ Serah, I hope u r ok, cos dis ur missing in action is unusual. Whatever d case, the LORD is ur strength. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / The Corridor of Hell / Tales Of Abigail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.