Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story (68398 Views)

5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / Fictional Story - Broken By Dharmie Lisa (@dharmielisa) / Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2013
Aunty sarahsadeiyare said that she can't post any update due 2 some problem, either by her blackberry or nairaland network. She said anytime she wants 2 post and she click on d reply button, a blank page appears. She said she s xowie 4 not being able b post any update since, she has complained to the modz abt ds. We (aunty sarah and I) are telling our fans that we are xo xowie.
Thanks 4 ur understanding.
Signed.
sarahsadeiyare
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
Here is serah's blog, the story will soon be continued there, and she will paste it here when d problem has been rectified. www.serahsadeiyare.
signed
serahsadeiyare.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
She has dropped the next updates next to ds last one, so u can just click no dat and find out if promised don swallow cockroach or not. *hugs* (only 2 d ladies in d house) *hand shakes* (only to d bobo in d house)
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
God, i don read am o, hey make i no do ameabor 4 una. Go read am urself.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by jslimz(f): 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
Damex333: God, i don read am o, hey make i no do ameabor 4 una. Go read am urself.

I don read am too.
Chei!!!!
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by kenny987(f): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
Na wa o! Dis kind Keshinro sef!
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Emeralddan(f): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2013
Ahh promise e don be for you
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by beycitee(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2013
this is serious....................keshiro nah real bad guy,what if promise died in the process?......some people get mind sha.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Am baccccckKkKkkk!

Thank you all for your patience.

Thank you Moderators

And for those who went to my blog, I love you more *Hugs*

The story continues...

AS DEEP AS THE SEA 10

Keshinro and the doctor in charge of Promise's case walked into the private ward.

"How are you feeling Promise?"

"Better doctor, but, weak."

He examined her, "Your strength will return gradually. You shoudn't over-work yourself in your condition."

Her heart skipped a beat, "My condition?" She tried to sit up. Was something wrong with her?

The doctor and Keshinro exchanged glances. He sat by her side and helped her to sit up.

"Doctor what is wrong with me?" The alarm in her voice wasn't lost to them.

He smiled at her, "Nothing my dear."

She looked at her boss, then back at the doctor. Were they hiding something from her?

"But you said... you said something about in my condition. I don't understand."

Keshinro squeezed her hand, he smiled at her and glanced at the doctor, "Thank you doctor, I will take it from here."

"All right. You are free to leave tonight, you have been discharged," he patted her on the shoulder and walked out.

She quizzed him with a questioning stare.

"Nothing is wrong with you, trust me."

She eyed him. Can she really trust him?

He sighed. He doesn't know how she would take the news, but he had hatched out a permanent solution. He wasn't sure if she would cooperate. Promise could be unpredictable at times. Wasn't that what he loved about her? Several other ladies he had dated in the past had no atom of mystery about them. He could read them like a book.

He cleared his thoughts and tried to focus on the task at hand, "You are eight weeks pregnant."

She blinked and stared back at him. Did he just say she was eight weeks pregnant? Was that what she heard?

"What, what did you say?"

He dropped her hand and sighed again, "Promise you are two months pregnant.

'I am two months pregnant. How? Is that possible? But I have been taking my pills religiously. Okay, maybe I miss a day or two at times, but, but, Keshinro always uses a condom. No, no, no! This cannot be true. Oh God! What am I going to do? I cannot have a child outside wedlock. What sort of nonsense is this? What have I gotten myself into?'

"Hey... " His voice sliced through her thoughts.

"I can't be... This is not possible."

"Not to worry, I have booked an appointment for you with my family doctor. It will be taken care of. Are you ready to leave?"

What was he talking about? Appointment with his family doctor? What does that have to do with her present predicament?

"I don't understand."

Keshinro stood and tried to help her out of the bed but she slapped his hands off. He dabbed at the beads of sweat which had formed on his forehead with an handkerchief.

"My family doctor is very good with things like this."

Her eyes widened, the realisation of what he was suggesting dawned on her. She must have been crazy to have gone out with a married man in the first place. What did she expect?

"I have two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. I don't want another. We need to be more careful," he held her chin and she pushed his hand away.

"I can't believe you are suggesting that I should have an abortion."

"I am not suggesting, I have made my decision, this is what we are going to do," his tone became firm.

She swallowed hard, "Don't I have a say? This is my body we are talking about. My womb, my, my..."

"My family doctor is a professional. I don't want to discuss this anymore. Let's go, I will drop you at home."

She crossed her arms against her chest. Who the hell does he think he was? He doesn't own her. He had no right to make decisions on her behalf. This was her life they were talking about. She wished she hadn't accepted him back into her life. Was this God's way of punishing her? She had been fornicating with Keshinro, she wasn't ready to add murder to her list of sins. She couldn't bear to have that on her conscience.

"I am not going anywhere with you."

"What is wrong with you?!"

She had not seen him this angry before. She didn't care. He could jump into the Atlantic Ocean if he wanted to. She would not risk her life. What if she didn't make it? She would end up in hell fire. She shuddered at the thought.

"You heard me. I am not going anywhere with you."

Keshinro stormed out of the room. He was tired of arguing with her. She can find her own way home, after all, she was an adult.

Promise picked up her phone and called Kabira. She would rather return to her flat with a friend than an angry lover who she was beginning to distrust.

Kabira and Abubakar picked up Promise at hospital and drove her home.

Keshinro waited for them to leave before driving into the compound. He headed for Promise's flat and rang the doorbell. He had not been able to return home that night. Her condition laid on his mind like a burden. The earlier he sorted out their differences, the better.

Promise opened the door and frowned when she saw him, "What are you doing here?"

"Please, let me come in."

"No, you can say whatever you want to out here," she stepped out and closed the door behind her.

He placed a frustrated hand on his forehead and tried to calm his frayed nerves.

"What can I do for you? It is late and I need to get some rest. You heard the doctor, I must not over-work myself."

He slipped his hands into his pockets, "My love, please, let us get rid of your pregnancy. I don't need another child. If I do, my wife is capable of bearing a child for me. My family doctor has been doing this for years and no woman has died on his operating table and none has lost her womb. You will be in good hands."

She folded her hands across her bosom, "What about God?"

"God?"

"Yes God, this is murder!"

"Promise... "

"I did not sign up for this."

"Neither did I."

"Look, I need to rest."

He glanced at his wrist-watch. It was eleven o'clock on the dot, "Can I get a glass of water please?"

She eyed him, "Just water, nothing else."

"Yes, your highness," he bowed.

She tried to hide the smile spreading on her lips. She opened the door and they both went in.

He followed her into the kitchen and poured himself a glass of cold water from a bottle in the fridge.

"Have you eaten?"

She shook her head, "I bought snacks on my way home, it's on the table," she hurried out.

He took out another glass and filled it with youghurt. He watched the doorway and brought out a sachet of tablets from his breast pocket. He threw a few into the drink and mixed it with a spoon.

Promise returned with her snacks and offered him some. Half way through her meal, she began to feel dizzy.

"I don't feel well... "

"Don't get up, I will be right back," he walked out and dialed his family doctor's number.

"Hello."

"Doctor Femi, I have given her the drugs."

"Good, it will knock her out. Bring her here immediately."

"All right doc. Thanks," he hang up and returned to the kitchen. He found her dozing on her seat.

Promise woke up on a strange bed and in an unfamiliar room. She tried to sit up but the pains that spread through her body made her to scream.

A nurse hurried into the room, "Please madam lie down. Your medication has worn off. I will inject you with another."

Her heart began to race, "Where am I? How did I get here?"

"You are in Redemption Hospital. I will get the doctor," the nurse injected a pinkish fluid into the drip hanging above her head and walked out. The pains began to fade and she relaxed.

The last thing she remembered was dozing off in the kitchen. Where was Keshinro? What was she doing here?

An elderly man in his sixties came into the room, "Good morning."

"Morning."

"I am Doctor Femi, I am Keshinro's family doctor."

She closed her eyes. 'Oh Lord God almighty. Keshinro must have drugged my youghurt and brought me here. No wonder I was feeling dizzy. God! I have been such a fool. I shouldn't have allowed him into the flat last night. I can't believe he did this to me.' Her face became wet with tears.

"My dear, the whole process went well. You are in perfect shape. The foetus has been disposed. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. You will encounter some pains for a few days. A few discharge once in a while, but, in a week or so, you will be your normal self."

She heard the doctor talking but whatever he was saying wasn't registering on her mind. She was lost in her world of regrets. Would God ever forgive her? Would she be able to forgive herself? What has she gotten herself into?

'God... Are you there? Can you hear me?'
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Aghagba(f): 5:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
Oh!keshinro is a fool.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by MumZ(f): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
Lesson: most marrid men always go bac 2 dia families wen d fun is ova. No mata wat dey profess wen d goin is gd, wen tins turn sour, dey always put dia family 1st n leave d intruder 2 dry out in d sun alone. Promise knw Keshiro ws marrid, bt even wit her religious background, she still fell 4 d easy tins of life. A mistake most ladies mke. I really dnt blame d man, Promise hd choices bt she chose d wrong 1. God hlp her o.

2 Likes

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by oyestephen(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
Seriously ? That was wicked of kensiro or whatever he calls himself....fornication is enough sin, why add murder....
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by BukkyDan(f): 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omg! #collapses#
Keshinro! What the heck!
Promise are you that stupid?

@ aunty serah, nice one, you just got my heart beating 200 times per....
Sorry I've not been around, school things ...you know. Biochemistry needs my attention now...i'm missing ya.

Hy Damex..hope you don't mind if I say- I'm missing ya....
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
@Aghagba... Truly

@Mum Z... True Talk

@oyestephen... U r right

@BukkyDan... My personal person *winks* miss yah too *mmuuaah*
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
BukkyDan: Omg! #collapses#
Keshinro! What the heck!
Promise are you that stupid?

@ aunty serah, nice one, you just got my heart beating 200 times per....
Sorry I've not been around, school things ...you know. Biochemistry needs my attention now...i'm missing ya.

Hy Damex..hope you don't mind if I say- I'm missing ya....
i am missing you more, but since you left us hanging and yearning for you. What more can i say.?
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by princesa(f): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mum Z :
Lesson: most marrid men always go bac 2 dia families wen d fun is ova. No mata wat dey profess wen d goin is gd, wen tins turn
sour, dey always put dia family 1st n leave d intruder 2 dry out in d sun alone. Promise knw Keshiro ws marrid, bt even wit her religious background, she still fell 4 d easy tins of life. A mistake most ladies mke. I really dnt blame d man, Promise hd choices bt she chose d wrong
1. God hlp her o.

so much true, and its annoying that most girl think they are more cleversad
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by oyestephen(m): 10:06am On Apr 25, 2013
When is the next post ?
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
The next update is on the way *winks*
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Joy4mi(f): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
serahsadeiyare: The next update is on the way *winks*
yyyyiiipppeee:-D anxiously and eagerly waiting. god bless u real gud
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Joy4mi(f): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Joy4mi: yyyyiiipppeee:-D anxiously and eagerly waiting. god bless u real gud
where is d update now dis not fair o.i checked ur blog too nothin dere. still waiting sha
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by pyaar(f): 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ds storyline makes sense o.m eagerly awaiting d next post.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
As Deep As The Sea 11

She woke up with so much pains; at a point, she thought she was going to pass out. She curled into a ball and bit at her pillow. Tears ran down her face like a broken dam. She had no idea how long the pain was going to last. She had ran out of the medication Doctor Femi had given her.

She had no desire to return to the hospital and request for more. She doesn't want to have anything to do with Keshinro and his family doctor again. He was the reason she was in her present state. He had tried calling her on several occassion, but she had ignored his calls. Whenever he came to visit, her doors were always locked. She wanted him out of her life for good.

She had not been able to resume work since she was discharged from the hospital. Her colleagues were worried about her and they had wished her quick recovery. She had lied to them when they called that she was recovering from food poisoning. What else was she supposed to tell them? Hence, Maimuna informed her that their boss had given her two weeks sick leave.

'Oh God! Oh God! Help me! I cannot bear this pains any longer.'

Kabira stood at the door looking frustrated. She had been knocking at the door and pressing the door bell for quite some time. She knew Promise was home, but she doesn't know why she had refused to open her door. She had also tried calling, but her phone was switched off.

'What is wrong with this girl? At times she just acts like she is loco or something.'

"Hi Kabira, how are you doing?"

She turned towards the voice and came face to face with Keshinro.

"Good day sir."

"Is Promise home?"

A frown replaced her smile, "Yes sir. But, she has refused to open her door."

Keshinro sighed, "She is on sick leave, I was in the area and I thought I should check up on her."

Kabira nodded, "You are a good boss. But, I am worried about her."

"Have you tried calling her?"

"Yes sir, but her phone is switched off."

He dailed her number, but the network operator informed him that the number had been switched off.

"Sir, I am afraid. What if something is wrong with her? You know she had just been discharged from the hospital."

His heart rate increased. Her friend could be right. But, Doctor Femi had assured him that the operation was successful.

"I will get someone to break down the door," he headed back to his car.

Kabira heaved a sigh of relief. She couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was wrong with her friend. She hoped her boss would return soon. She decided to call an ambulance just in case her friend was in a bad shape.

Keshinro returned with a haggard looking man thirty minutes later. He brought out his tools from his bag and started working on the door. Kabira paced and prayed. She hoped her friend was all right. The men that came with the ambulance followed them in immediately the door was opened. They all spread out and started looking for Promise.

Kabira found her in the bedroom, unconscious and soaked in a pool of blood. Her screams alerted everyone else. Promise was lifted and carried into the ambulance. Keshinro directed them to Redemption Hospital.

"Doctor Femi what happened? You told me that the operation was successful."

The doctor nodded, "Yes, I did. I was shocked when she was brought here this afternoon."

"What happened? What went wrong?"

"I don't understand how, but, there are still pieces of the placenta in her uterus. She is experiencing severe pains and she has lost a lot of blood. We have vaccumed her uterus once again and I am sure there are no left overs. She is been transfused at the moment. I am going to do all I can, she will survive."

"But how come? You have always been careful."

He sighed, "True. Don't worry, she is in good hands."

Keshinro eyed him. He wondered why Promise's case was different. Every other girl Doctor Femi had operated on had no complication. He settled back on the chair. He cared a lot about her, he would go crazy if her situation wasn't retified.

"Have I ever failed you Keshinro?"

He met the doctor's tired gaze and shook his head.

"It seems you are emotionally attached to this one. She is special to you, isn't she?"

He nodded and leaned back into the chair. If it was possible to take a second wife, he wouldn't hesistate to marry her. But, his religion won't allow him to take another wife.

"Will you like to see her now?"

"Yes, yes," he rose.

"She has a good friend, the girl has refused to go home and rest even though she needed it."

"Oh... Kabira is her best friend," he followed the doctor out of the office.

Blessing joined her husband in the master bedroom. She noticed that he was still awake.

"Sweet heart, why haven't you slept? You've been in bed for over an hour."

He turned on his side and faced her, "I couldn't sleep."

"Really?"

He nodded, "When was the last time you spoke with Promise?"

"Hmmm... " She narrowed her gaze, "It's being a while."

"I can't place what I am feeling, we need to pray for her and call her tonight."

She shuddered and drew close to him. She had also had a nagging feeling and an urge to interceed for her daughter. She would have called, but, she procrastinated and forgot.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really, please, let's pray for her right now."

They both held hands and bowed their heads.

Keshinro convinced Kabira to go home and rest. She called Abubakar. When he arrived, they both said goodbye to Promise and left.

She closed her eyes when he walked into the ward. She wished he would go home to his precious family and stay out of her life. He had caused her enough trouble.

"How are you feeling?"

She didn't respond.

"Doctor Femi said that you will be discharged tomorrow evening. You won't experience any kind of bleeding or excruciating pain anymore."

She opened her eyes and glared at him. He drew out a chair and sat by the bedside.

"I am so sorry for everything, really I am."

She turned her face away.

"I never meant for things to plunge down this path. I... I... I hope you will forgive me. I hope you won't use this situation as a yardstick to leave me."

She parted her lips, then closed them. It was better not to speak.

"Promise... Promise I love you. I need you in my life. I promise to make this up to you. You will never go through this again. I will make sure of that."

She ignored him. She didn't believe a word he said. Even if he meant it, she was through with him, this time for good. There was no turning back. She needed to return to the lover of her soul and mend their relationship. Her saviour's hands were always opened wide. He had promised never to leave her nor forsake her. She would rather stick with Jesus than live a life of sin. A life that nothing was guaranteed. Keshinro could go to the ends of the earth for all she cared. She was finished with him.

"Promise my love, my darling. Please talk to me."

She would move out of the apartment immediately she was discharged. She had already told Kabira to book her a ticket to Lagos. She would be home soon. Keshinro can have his car and apartment. She doesn't need it. Her service year would be ending in two months time. She doubt if she would ever return to Yellow Tube; even if they offered her the world, she doesn't want to have anything to do with what reminded her of him.

"Promise... "

Her phone began to ring. She turned and saw it on the cabinet beside the bed. She picked it up and pressed the answer key.

"Hello."

"Hello Promise."

"Dad?" She tried to sit up.

Keshinro sighed heavily. He got up and walked out.

"How are you doing?"

"Daddy," she wondered why he was calling. She had not heard from her parents in a while.

"How are you doing Promise?" She noticed the concern in his voice.

She swallowed hard, "Daddy, I have not been feeling fine."

"Really? What happened? Are you sick? Have you been to the hospital?"

"Yes, dad. I... I... " She couldn't possibly tell him that she had just had an abortion, "I think it was food poisoning."

She closed her eyes. She doesn't like lying to her parents, but, their heart would break if they knew what had truly happened to her.

"I will be home the day after tomorrow."

"Okay, good. Hope you have been treated."

"Yes, dad."

"Your mother and I have been worried about you."

"Did you pray for me?"

"Yes, love. We both did."

Tears stung her eyes, "Daddy thanks," she sniffled, "Tell mum thanks too."

"Baby are you okay?"

"I will be perfectly fine once I am home."

"All right. May the peace of the Lord be with you."

"Amen."

"See you soon love."

"Goodnight dad."

"Night, night," he hung up.

Promise began to sob. She had not expected him to call but she was glad he did. She missed her parents and siblings. She missed home and the security it offered. It would be so good to be finally home.

'God help me. I need you now.'
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
Yes, yes yes yes yes yes, dat beast is out of her life, she is also at fault, dating a married man, wat is she expecting, and lets go back 2 d bad gal side. (her litu sister, d last born)

1 Like

Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
Next update loading .........
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by bumzel89(f): 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
serahsadeiyare: Next update loading .........

Muah Muah Muah. Thanks sweety.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by BukkyDan(f): 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nice update, its time for Promise to fasten her seat belt, this ride is gonna be rough and risky...

@ Aunty serah, thanks for stealing part of my 'study time' #winks#
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
@BukkyDan... *Hugs*

@bumzel89... *winks*
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Tovot: 12:41am On Apr 29, 2013
aun6t sara what are u doing on nl by this time?hope its to update wink
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Aunty serah u neva update? We ur followers dey wait o.
Re: As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Next update 75% loading...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / The Corridor of Hell / Tales Of Abigail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.