Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> (735715 Views)

Adventure Of The Rings / Nairaland Stories That Made My Year!(2013)! . . . . . / The Adventure Of Corper John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Cosmopolice: 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
gluv01:

....80%...100% complete... cheesy

Paste it like dat joor
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by gluv01(f): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Cosmopolice:

So where is it. 2hrs have elapsed

I'm not the one o. We're all waiting for Mazi so I decided to finish his counting grin
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by iykmora(m): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
mehn....2day is ash wednesday ooo...lent don kick-start be dat. But ehn.... Mazinus, update five times naaa b4 i go for my own ash, biko. Pls make it very erotic for today b4 we start six-to-six. God 4giv me for i ve sinned. After today i wil cut-down my sins by 50%....amen!

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Fishoy(f): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
Its been over 48hrs....wr r u nah am missin ur swt,,swt...........
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
Part 2: Asaya Camp

The excitement of camp started increasing gradually after I collected my callup letter. Although I had been indifferent about it, but the feeling of doing something new after six years of school was great. I've been stuck in the same place for six years: now it seems I was about to move forward, it was kind of exciting.

I had said my final goodbyes with my girl that saturday morning and went to the park to board a bus back home. My phone rang on the noisy park, so I moved to a corner to answer the call. It was a photocopying centre.

I picked my call, it was samuel, my former room mate.

"You don collect the callup?", he asked as soon as I picked the call. Samuel kept in touch with me all these while. He felt somehow responsible for my dillema. He has been following up on me and tried encouraging me. He sounded excited as he paused, waiting for me to break the news to him.

"Kogi state", I replied as a noticed I just got the attention of a girl photocopying some items. I looked and caught her staring at me. She smiled a bit as I turned back and continued with the call.

"Ahhhh!!!! Congrats!! Eee no easy". Samuel continued. He asked when I was going to camp.

"Wednesday", I replied. The girl still looked sharply at me once more.

Why was she staring at me at intervals. I looked at the document she was photocopying, it was her statement of result. I still saw what looked like duplicates of a callup letter. Well, she's a prospective corp member, and so was many others moving around the school vicinity.

"Congrats man!", samuel said again as we hung up.
I was going away from the photocopy centre when the girl called my attention.
"Are you posted to kogi?"

I turned and looked at her.

She looked cute, a bit short for my liking, but has a fine face. Whatever she lacked in height, she made up for in shape.

"Yes", I replied.

"I was posted there too!" She announced with a smile on her face. She was too excited that I wondered what the excitement was all about.

"When are you traveling?", she asked.

"Wednesday", I answered.

"That's risky, do you know that camp closes by thursday? And you need to finish registration on time. . ."

She went on and on about being early on camp. She had points, valid points that made me start reconsidering my travel arrangements.

"I'm going to camp on monday". She informed me.

"But camp isn't open till tuesday", I asked.

"I know, I will just hang around in the camp, find where to sleep, and first thing tuesday morning, I will start my registration. That's what my brother asked me to do".

-wow, you might as well start going today- I thought to myself. Why the rush?

"I'm photocopying my documents already, my passport will be ready this evening, I've done my shopping since last week. . ."

Damn! She was really excited! What does she think awaits her at kogi state? Seems I'm missing something here.

"Maybe I can come to camp on tuesday", I informed her.

"That's better, but make sure you come on time", she said.

"You didn't tell me your name", I had to ask, out of courtesy.

"Ogechi".

I told her my name and we exchanged numbers. She urged me to stay and photocopy my documents. I declined, I was going to do them when I settle down.

We patted ways, and I headed to the park.

Monday evening, while I was rounding up the small shopping I did, ogechi called me.

"I'm at camp already", she announced excitedly.
"Hope you are still coming tomorrow?", she asked.

"Yes of course". After thinking about what she told me about registration, I had made up my mind to travel first day of camp opening.

"Its so hot down here, its half past six and the sun is still out". She complained. I knew she was exaggerating it.
"It can't be that bad", I replied.

"It is", she insisted. "My hair cream has melted away under the sun". We both laughed at this.

"Please come early tomorrow", she said, "its very hot here".

"I will", I said non-challantly, wondering how my coming early was going to stop the hotness of the sun over there.

12 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Thank you all for staying put, you guys are the best!!!

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2013

I traveled from home to Enugu, where I was told I could get bus to kogi.
I searched for direct buses going to kaba local government, the local government where the camp was located. There were no buses going directly to kaba from Holy ghost, Enugu. There were buses going to idah and okene, all in kogi state. I was told I could get bus to kaba from those places, I wanted a direct bus. I didn't know places at kogi, so I wasn't ready to have different stops before getting to my final destination.

Another option was to go through Nsukka. One of the 'agberos' at Holy ghost informed me I could get bus to kaba from Nsukka. I headed to Nsukka.

It worked. There where buses going directly to kabba, there were many prospective corp members boarding buses to kogi and environs. I marveled at the big luggages some prospective corpers were traveling with. I couldn't help but wonder if it wasn't just three weeks of wearing same white on white all through! What else are they packing into those large bags?

Some had buckets with them at the park. I had just my back-bag. I packed really light. The back-bag comfortably contained the few things I was going to camp with; a file containing my documents and credentials, a pack of chase white shirts, two pairs of white shorts and my toiletries. I had a white sneakers I was already putting on with my blue jean which was to serve as my sunday wear also. Any other thing else was to be procured at the camp.

While I was waiting patiently for the bus to fill up, I got a call from Oge. Second time she was calling within 24 hours.

"Hello, how are you doing?", I asked.

"I have started my registration. They are still attending mostly to pregnant women and nursing mothers".

"Where are you now?", she asked.

"Nsukka, our bus will soon move".

"Ok, safe journey, call me when you get here". She said as we hung up.

The car was filled up, I watched as the driver and his mates had a hard time fixing luggages into the car. Some had to be tied on top of the car.

I was seated in the front seat with a pretty lady. She was so busy with her phone and chuckled intermittently. The phone's screen was large enough that I took a glance on it. I saw the boldly written Nairaland on the screen. She must be a member of that online forum. I wondered what she was doing at Nairaland that made her chuckle so much.

The car moved and we headed to kabba. It was a long journey. The car was filled with prospective corp members, all chatting happily. There was a very verbal guy at the back of the car. He was very funny as he kept throwing jokes while everyone laughed. He must be well known as his school mates kept shouting akpos.

"Make sure say una carry condom for pocket", akpos continued.

"I hear say dem dey dash condom for camp", someone interrupted.

"No, that wan na military condom. Na wash and wear, u fit use am, wash am to dry, and use again", akpos joked and everyone laughed, everyone but my neighbor at the front seat. The jokes were funny, but I didn't want to look stupid laughing at them, since neither the driver nor my neighbor was laughing.

An hour into the journey, everywhere was quite, apart from the few hush noise still coming up. I looked back and most people where sleeping. Akpos was actually snoring with mouth wide open. I smiled and took a glance at my neighbor. She was quite, must have gotten tired of pressing her phone, but was wide awake. I looked out and kept my eyes busy with the large unendless bush we were passing.

"Malizia"

I heard. It was from my neighbor. I turned and would have ignored her if she wasn't staring at me.

"Malizia uomo?"

That was my body spread.

"Yea", I replied.

"I knew it. I perceived it when you entered".
I didn't know if that was to be a compliment. Malizia wasn't a designers perfume, neither was it expensive.

"So, what do you think about it?", I asked, just to make a conversation. It was getting too boring already.

"Cool. I knew someone that wears it too. It was his favorite", she replied.

"And you? What's your favorite?", I asked. I can't believe I was discussing perfumes with this pretty lady. What next will we be discussing? Eyeliners and mascara?

"I don't have a favorite. I wear any perfume I feel its ok". She said.

I engaged her in light talks and soon, we were chatting like we've known each other for long. I brought up topics and areas of discussion; school life, movies, family and friends. She flowed with it all. She was a Sociology and Anthropology graduate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

"I'm jane, from Delta", she said. I Introduced myself and we continued the chat.
Few minutes later, she informed me she was feeling sleepy.
"Can I rest my head on your shoulders?".

"Of course", I replied as I adjusted my self to support her head.
She rested her head like it actually belonged their and slept off. . .

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by gluv01(f): 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
hahahahaha....Maybe the shoulders will turn to hers very soon...lol

Nice writeup cheesy

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by iykmora(m): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
@mazi.....is that all? I go quote ur post o......oya pls oliver twist us wit more. Tanx sire!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
Singing (Mazi abeg I want some more I want some more I want some moreeeeee b4 I sleep 2nite)
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by FKO1(m): 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
all hail mazi
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by agabaI23(m): 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
I am feeling sleepy too. I am not using your shoulder though. I have my willing pillow. Omenuko aku. Dere gawa. You make reading sweet.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Stevolat: 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Maxi i'm powerfully with u.Weldone my man

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 14, 2013
Today own don finish? E short º°˚˚˚°º‎​
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by flow1759: 12:35am On Feb 14, 2013
Mazi u too much. I comot cap for u. Nice write up, more updates pls

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by temi4fash(m): 12:51am On Feb 14, 2013
Baba na valentine dai special u go give us today ooo
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by ladeski: 1:25am On Feb 14, 2013
Hmmmm ladesky and ladunsky viewing the topic. Hmmmmmm
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 7:25am On Feb 14, 2013
Wrong episode...

#...I was rushing to make an upload before work, so I mixed few episodes up; its been corrected now#
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 7:50am On Feb 14, 2013
Happy Valentine to all my fans!

You guys are the best!
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Mucokey(m): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2013
Mazi anyi! Ur creatively imaginative inputs on this ur sojourn re highly awesome.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2013
Asaya camp was a beehive of activities when we arrived. The taxi we boarded drove us from the kabba bus stop down to camp. I and jane joined the box-carrying new corp members to head to the registration point to begin the registration.

The Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS) was playing songs through the several public address system hanging at the camp. Once in a while, an announcement will be made or a message passed.

We were searched and processed, then a KGN given to us (kogi number): we used it to sign for foam and headed to the hostel to drop our things, get a bed space and wardrobe and then proceeded for the actual registration.

The registration was stressful to say the least. Standing on a queue that wasn't moving, just because a second queue of pregnant women and nursing mothers was being attended to.

My phone rang and I managed to bring it out from my pocket amidst the tugging and pushing in the line. It was Oge. I was standing close to one of the public address systems blaring on loud songs. I couldn't hear her very well so I ended the call and sent her a message that I was doing registration.
She inquired about my exact spot and I informed her. Few minutes later, I saw her searching for me like a lost coin and I called her attention.
She asked why I didn't call her when I came to camp.

"I was waiting for you. I'm almost done with registration, just to write my name in the book of life".

-which wan be book of life again-

Oge helped my with the registration. I found out I was queued on the wrong line with people that had gone two stages ahead of me. I was yet to get my callup letter endorsed, which was the first step.
She almost shouted at me when she learnt I was yet to photocopy my document. She was really upset and reminded me that she asked me to do it while she saw me at school.
We had to leave the long line and head to the photocopy centre. Prices at camp where aimed at cutting your throat! Photocopy for N50 per page, using their stapler to staple your document cost N20, you pay for tip-ex, marker, office pin etc.
She helped me arrange the documents how they were supposed to be, I payed and we left.

"Next time I tell you to do something, you do it", she said angrily after learning how much I payed for each document photocopied.
I couldn't help but wonder why she was treating me like her younger sibling. Although it was fun, I really found it fascinating. She grabed the file and walked away angrily.
"Come with me!", she muttered.

"Yes ma'am", I said as I followed suit. She stopped, turned to me and smiled. She reached for my hand and held them as we both walked back to the registration point.

We both succeeded in completing our registration same day. I was grateful for reporting to camp at the opening day. It was late when we finally got our kits.

"You are in platoon 2", oge must have seen my KG number: 0422.

"Yea, what of you?", I asked.

"Seven", she said as she showed my her number; 0097

"I wish we were in the same platoon", she said.

"Me, I wish we were in the same hostel", I joked and she laughed.

"I wish we were sharing the same bonk", she added to the joke. "Are you staying up or down?" She added immediately.

"Up",
I replied. I don't like down bonks. I was a border at secondary school and the experience thought me that your corner mate will always have friends who, when they visit your corner, would prefer to sit on your bed down bonk, while their own foam rests peacefully up the bonk.

"I prefer the down bonk", she said. "I feel I may fall of the top if I sleep there", she said.

"So you stay down, I stay up. Wouldn't that be nice?", I tried flirting.

"Yea, then at night?", she asked.

"You have a corrupt mind", I said jokingly and we laughed.

"Thanks for helping me with registration", I said. "I want to show some appreciation, let's go find something to eat".

She held my hand as we walked to the mami. . .

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by mabebe1(f): 9:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Happy Valentine to all my fans!

You guys are the best!
i wish u same...i hope u ve a special treat 4 us
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 9:15am On Feb 14, 2013
camp life 2: click here to read (link to be available soon)
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 9:18am On Feb 14, 2013
mabebe1:
i wish u same...i hope u ve a special treat 4 us

#...whispering...the valentine coincided with lent, I no wan tempt my catholic fans...#

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by mabebe1(f): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

#...whispering...the valentine coincided with lent, I no wan tempt my catholic fans...#
ok, *shoutin 4 al 2 hear* so wat r u tryin 2 say
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

abeg abeg fashi that thing. Give us more Jo.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by skoloppy31(m): 9:55am On Feb 14, 2013
Mazi mazi.....oya com uppdate joh..abi u dn chop laced VAL cake..wey u dn sleep forget us here.and flow if u update today.....u 1 kill persn niyen ooo...cos guyz gas self-service and empty da Tank to move the. Ministry forward and to da permanent. Site
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Splendblex(f): 10:08am On Feb 14, 2013
flow1759: Mazi u too much. I comot cap for u. Nice write up, more updates pls
U follow dey here? We're waitin over there too o
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by IZUKWU(m): 10:46am On Feb 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

there is nothing wrong with temptation. Just fall for it and it will lose all of its appeal.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by teelacruz(m): 11:42am On Feb 14, 2013
Am enjoying dis, plz upload joor
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Birdrock(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
Nice one! Keep it Rolling Bro I dey gbadun u jor
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by YellowMosquito(m): 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Finally Mazi I got you grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (131) (Reply)

Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups / Black Maria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.