Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole (15054 Views)

APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / Governor Oshiomhole And Wife Iara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by mynaija123(m): 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State yesterday said the new mega party, All Progressives Congress (APC) will succeed when leaders of the party sacrifice their personal aspirations in the interest of the nation.

Speaking during a visit to him by the former Presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party and former Governor of Kano State, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau who led a high-powered delegation of the ANPP on a visit to him in Government House, Oshiomhole said: “all of us as leaders and followers should recognise for a merger to be fruitful a level of sacrifices will be required and everyone will be required to moderate his aspiration and people must be ready to submit their personal interest to bigger national interest.

“I have no doubt that all those involved in the process recognize that these are the irreducible minimum and we are all determined to make those sacrifices. At the end of the day, it is all about Nigeria, not about individuals or party its about giving our people an alternative base to choose from. That the electorate have the power to reward or sanction and those who wish to be in power have to listen to the yearnings of the electorate.

The Governor who praised the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC) said “it is healthy, having recognized that we all accept there is no better alternative than democracy and the best evidence that democracy works is when people are able to choose from one political party or the other so that they can compare and contrast,” he noted.

Oshiomhole said in matured democracies all over the world where governance has changed from one political party to another, one will find note that they two major political parties and they may also have a third fringe party which chooses to go into alliance as in the case of a parliamentary system.

Leader of the delegation, Mallam Shekarau said one of the major assignments of the National Rebuilding and Inter-Party Committee of the ANPP is to reach out to other political parties of like minds to enrich the democratic process and give Nigerians an alternative choice. He noted that the formation of the Alliance for Progressive Congress APC by four frontline progressive parties is a major breakthrough in the country and he assured that the ANPP is committed to providing the people an alternative platform in the country.

He said: “ANPP is committed to this new change and this new progressive development to provide Nigerians with an alternative platform to ensure that the aspirations of Nigerians for good governance at the centre is realised.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/02/07/oshiomhole-how-apc-can-succeed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Maxymilliano(m): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
Oshiomole is only being diplomatic here, he's more closer to the GEJ led government at federal level than his political party.

10 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by seanet01: 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
Maxymilliano: Oshiomole is only being diplomatic here, he's more closer to the GEJ led government at federal level than his political party.
So says a propagandist

14 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Wendyslim(f): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
Abeg move make I pass, another way of advertising himself for 2015. undecided undecided undecided
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by ebamma(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
With inec by its side, PDP, can't stop winning, even if all nigerians vote against them

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by glen87: 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
Let's see how APC will win SE, SS and middlebelt. Daydreaming party

7 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by LagosBoi2(m): 11:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
APC for 2015, Propaganda or not, Pdp legs don dey shake.

7 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by akraym(m): 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
Let's wait and see. Just hope its not gonna be a do or die affair for the PDP

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Tattooboy: 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
ebamma: With inec by its side, PDP, can't stop winning, even if all nigerians vote against them
really? Aint gonna happen. All i know is 2015 is gonna be fun.
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
Wendyslim: Abeg move make I pass, another way of advertising himself for 2015. undecided undecided undecided

He is only due 2016, so he can't contest

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
Give it to Oshiomole, he knows how to sit on the fence.

12 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by aryzgreat: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
They sent the delegate to know his stand and being smart he used diplomacy to tell them their problem which is inability to shelve personal interest. I think oshiomole is not with them, he may be aspiring for VP position if by 2015 GEJ refuses to vie for president.

Did they ask y he didnt attend the merger declaration which all ACN govnors attended?

7 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by omarky(m): 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
sadeiyare:

He is only due 2016, so he can't contest

Tell her to stop bin a learner....

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Ryabcool(m): 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
Lagos_Boi: Propaganda or not, Pdp legs don dey shake.
couldn't have said it any better.
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 07, 2013
APC ! Sounds good. At last, there will be a strong opposition party in Nigeria to fight the dreaded PDP. I wish them luck.

But come to think of it, i heared that 100 years after amalgamation (1914 - 2014), any ethnic group that wishes to pull out from Nigeria has the right to do so.

Why are these politicians with strange attitude forming new PANADOLS, FENSICS, NOVAGINS, and APC when they vividly know that there will be no Nigeria in 2015.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by simmydebadest(m): 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
I perceive war....2015
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
ochukwuma15: APC ! Sounds like the name of a drug. At last, there will be a strong opposition party in Nigeria to fight the dreaded PDP. I wish them luck.

But come to think of it, i heared that 100 years after amalgamation (1914 - 2014), any ethnic group that wishes to pull out from Nigeria has the right to do so.

Why are these politicians with strange attitude forming new PANADOLS, FENSICS, NOVAGINS, and APC when they vividly know that there will be no Nigeria in 2015.

......... Chuks writes from Johannesburg, South Africa .......
Chucks, be careful in South Africa, I hear boys are not smiling there. Having said that, America and the CIA are stupid to predict another country's destiny, cos theirs will dissolve from the inside, God punish them, that aside. Arrange some nyarinya for me, i need some white yos for the valentine.
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Wendyslim(f): 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
omarky:

Tell her to stop bin a learner....
you shut up tongue tongue tongue
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Jazzgreen(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Few weeks to val: Gf: baby I heard
new bb is out.
Akpos: all bb's
always hang.
Gf: dis one doesn't
hang.
Akpos: so am a liar abi? Its
over between us...

2. At a Sunday school class, one Sunday morning, after aninteresting topic, the teacher asked, "Any question?"
Akpos, looking puzzled, raised his hand. Akpos : "U said the children of Israel escaped
from Egypt?"
Teacher: Yes
Akpos: "U said the children ofIsrael crossed
the red sea?"
Teacher: Yes
Akpos: "U said the children ofIsrael also
brought down the mighty walls of Jericho?
Teacher: "Yes Akpos!" "Whatexactly is your
question?"
Akpos : "When the children ofIsrael were doing
all this, where exactly were the adults of Israel??"#teacher kept quiet

abeg dnt ban me pls. My apology, i knw its off topic. Just that nobody clicks like when i post it in joke section. Pardon me. Pardones moi monsieur. Adim terribly sorry, Ina aghota?
Eehe, over to the topic-let me go and read it

29 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by tomakint: 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
The 'Allan Toaster Personae' in Oshiomole has just been revealed! Trust me, it is Jonathan all the way to 2019! Tinubu and his 'group of unprogressives' should spare us those 'overnight holier-than-thou-attitudes' cool

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by brownbriggs(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
The new merger party APC will succeed becos we re tired of de GEJ led government, so dis will course Nigerians 2 vote against PDP,living PDP with no other choice Dan 2 form another party 2 restore de power back from APC.
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Mortiple(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
I am neither for PDP nor APC. They are birds of alike feathers but in different nests. Tell me the difference between Tom Ikimi, Shakarau, Ojo Maduekwe, GEJ, Elrufai,Aneni, OBJ, Atiku, Bode-George, etc? The answer is simple - they are all NAIJA POLITICIANS: looters, oppressors, enemies of progress, corrupt, etc.

This is not the kind of party/merger I hoped for - an amalgamation of strange bed fellows with selfish ambitions.

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
And dat feat of putyn nigeria b4 self is wht the Asociation of Polical Catastrophies (APC) can't achieve.. We wil see all that When d tym of who gets wht, when and how Comes and dat wil be pretty soon. If only A.CN had abt 20 candidates jostling 4 d party ticket in d last ondo guber polls, haw many candidates wil jostle 4 a combination of acN,apga, cpc and anpp.. I laf in amanpour. APC is a polygamous family.. PDP is an xtended family.. Most of APC leaders wil run back 2 PDP as prodigal sons. Shey Atiku Abubakar was a founding Father of a.cN.. Make we dey look naw..

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by tomakint: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
Lagos_Boi: APC for 2015, Propaganda or not, Pdp legs don dey shake.
For your MIND undecided

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by funshint(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hope dis won't be a mistake by ACN; joining mainstream politics has always been deadly 4 south-west. Infact Northerners are known to be betrayers. Wat I can see 4rm dis merger is just a plan by an individual(Buhari) to foist his selfish political aspiration on others. If dats going 2 be d case; then d merger is bound 2 fail except neutral individuals who will be generally accepted by majority of the populace are selected with d sole aim of improving d welfare of d people they aspire 2 serve while sacrificing their individual political aspirations. If dis is done den I believe we'll hv a formidable opposition 2 save us from dis barbaric, bloodthirsty and #messiless party called "PDP"!!!
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by loadedboy: 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hy guys,finally made my own site!! And need users! Guys go to. L O A D E D B O Y , TK and help make my site grow!thx!
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by PapaBrowne(m): 12:00am On Feb 08, 2013
First I noticed that Oshiomole wasn't part of the ten Governors that endorsed the merger. That was strange considering that his party was a key player.
He and Mimiko were the only opposition Governors who were absent.
This visit and his responses are an obvious sign that he isn't part of the merger.
That is a huge dent on the so called Mega party especially when you consider that Oshiomole is the best candidate to up the fortunes of APC in any election by virtue of his position, performance and popularity.
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by ifihearam: 12:01am On Feb 08, 2013
Even if APC merges with political parties in ghana and the neighbouring countries they will and can NEVER defeat PDP not when his excellency GEJ is been begged by well meaning nigerians to continue his good works and come to think of it there is no credible candidate that can stand him in Nigeria.
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by ifihearam: 12:01am On Feb 08, 2013
Even if APC merges with political parties in ghana and the neighbouring countries they will and can NEVER defeat PDP not when his excellency GEJ is been begged by well meaning nigerians to continue his good works and come to think of it there is no credible candidate that can stand him in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by tempest01(m): 12:02am On Feb 08, 2013
Lets say this merger works and PDP is dislodged, after that what happens? The key people in each party will be rewarded with political appointments and top positions, which will lead to more corruption and backwardness. The masses will not see the dividends of democracy...and like the animal farm, we will regret the 'revolution'.
Re: How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole by ifihearam: 12:04am On Feb 08, 2013
PapaBrowne: First I noticed that Oshiomole wasn't part of the ten Governors that endorsed the merger. That was strange considering that his party was a key player.
He and Mimiko were the only opposition Governors who were absent.
This visit and his responses are an obvious sign that he isn't part of the merger.
That is a huge dent on the so called Mega party especially when you consider that Oshiomole is the best candidate to up the fortunes of APC in any election by virtue of his position, performance and popularity.

Oshiomhole knows that it is the biggest mistake ever to be mad by ACN,i really pity Tinubu,this is the beginning of the end of his party

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biography Of Sir Jude Emeka Idimogu(redeemer Of Oshodi-isolo Constituency) / Rochas Okorocha's Spibat Private Estate / PUNCH: Parties Won’t Share Senate Committees Equally – Saraki Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.