Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan (879 Views)

How Do We Achieve An Everlasting And Prosperous Nigeria? / The Prospect Of A Prosperous Nigeria - Dan Steinbock / Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by EkoIle1: 3:18am On Feb 08, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan’s penchant for foreign media has fetched him criticism, with citizens often bashing him for what they consider his unpresidential poise and bad grammar.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_UfHzq863QuI/TQ49_czctHI/AAAAAAAABws/eXrbAeYVdyc/s1600/GEJ.png[/img]

President Jonathan he has achieved his goals for a better Nigeria through prayers.

Constant prayers by Nigerians has helped President Goodluck Jonathan’s quest to build a Nigeria where security, prosperity, peace and unity abound, the president said.

The president made the remark on Thursday at the opening ceremony of the Meeting of the Standing Committee of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, in Benin.

Mr. Jonathan thanked Nigerian Christians for their unrelenting effort at making Nigeria “a more secured, more prosperous, more peaceful and more united nation” through their prayers.”

Represented by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo, the president lauded the choice of theme for the meeting, describing it as “apt and divinely inspired”.

The theme of the meeting is “overcoming the challenges of our time”.

He urged the participants to reinvigorate the church in line with his government’s effort at transforming the nation.

“As leadership and representatives of the entire membership of the Church of Nigeria, you will need to take up the challenge of reinvigorating the church in the vanguard of our national transformation efforts.

“I assure you of my unwavering faith in the omnipotence of the Almighty God that He will see us through every national challenge in a way that will confound all the doubters of Nigeria manifest destiny.

“I am confident that we can continue to count on your productive partnership in the national cause,” the president said.

Friday Imaekhai, the Archbishop of Bendel Province and Bishop, Diocese of Esan, stressed the need for Nigerians to deepen their faith and adhere to the truth of the gospel.

He said these are prerequisites for overcoming “the challenges of our time”.

Earlier, the Bishop of Benin Diocese, Peter Imasuen, said the meeting was for spiritual rejuvenation and mutual edification for the common good.

(NAN)
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/119229-prayers-will-boost-fgs-quest-for-prosperous-nigeria-jonathan.html
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by redsun(m): 3:29am On Feb 08, 2013
grin grin
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 08, 2013
If this article is true,Jonathan is a phucking stupid president! There is no God up there! How could this clown be my president? This is really a bad news for Nigeria.
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by EkoIle1: 3:58am On Feb 08, 2013
And they think we just file on this dumb mo,ron for no reason...
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Adurangba(f): 6:56am On Feb 08, 2013
ifeness: If this article is true,Jonathan is a phucking stupid president! There is no God up there! How could this clown be my president? This is really a bad news for Nigeria.

Thats your opinion, dont force it down on others. You know what to do if you dont want him to be your president. Even Americans call their country God's own country and they pray for the peace of their nation. What are you on about.
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by takedat(m): 7:06am On Feb 08, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 7:21am On Feb 08, 2013
Eko Ile:
Represented by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo

Eko Ile, I guess you deliberately ignore the this part of the news since the governor is from ACN and chose to make a mockery of the President... Pathetic!
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by miiraaj: 8:02am On Feb 08, 2013
GEJ funny pass I GO DIE comedian grin grin grin
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 08, 2013
take dat: grin grin grin

Adams is PDP @ heart its only a matter of time before it becomes openly known.
Ever wondered why he was not @ the "merger meeting?"
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2013
Since 1914 till date, zillions of prayers are been offered, yet Nigeria is still twisted and the system is decayed, does it mean that the prayers aren't working?
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Tolexander: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2013
Faith without work is dead.
Even claiming to achieved his goal for a better nigeria. How will a worse nigeria be if this is a better nigeria?
In the bible, the children of Israel prayed anytime they are in problem and God did give them the clue. But our our president is always clueless even with his prayer or maybe he lacks praying clue.
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Clerverly: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2013
[/b]Mr. Jonathan thanked Nigerian Christians for their unrelenting effort at making Nigeria “a more secured, more prosperous, more peaceful and more united nation” through their prayers.”
[b]I am 100% sure Jonathan has a mental case angry angry angry. I give up
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 08, 2013
Adura_ngba:

Thats your opinion, dont force it down on others. You know what to do if you dont want him to be your president. Even Americans call their country God's own country and they pray for the peace of their nation. What are you on about.

And after all these prayers......any positive result? Lazy religious people!

Only hard work and determination,including vision can move a country forward!
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by tomakint: 11:57am On Feb 08, 2013
For those waffling if prayers work or not, just wait till 2015 and you shall all see, just don't develop High Blood Pressure, because I no fit shout oooooo undecided
Re: Prayers Will Boost Fg’s Quest For Prosperous Nigeria—jonathan by Olumidzti(m): 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
That's one of the fundamental problems of this country. We actually bother about prayer even more than the issue on ground. And God, we are so holy...

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi's New Cabinet...(to Be Screened) / Osun To Save N8.2b Annually Through Opon Imo / Breaking News: Boko Haram Foot Soldiers Arrested With Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.