Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan (11572 Views)

Imo Seem To Be Richer Than Anambra Is True? / Nigerian Slum Contest: Anambra Is The State With The Least Slums In Nigeria / Ogwu-Ikpele Town In Anambra Is Submerged By River Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by AkinEgba: 5:39am On Oct 16, 2010
We’ll do something about Zik’s mausoleum —Jonathan
‘Anambra, brain base of Nigeria’
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Jonathan
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday described Anambra State as the brain base of Nigeria. He also promised to do something about the resting place of the late elder statesman, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.
Addressing the people of the state, at the Alex Ekwueme Square, the president, who was in the state on a one-day official visit, said that though Anambra State was small in land mass, it is the biggest in the country, in terms of brain density.

Jonathan, was impressed with the state, especially the commissioning of two private industries in the state, and said the state has continued to play a leading role in the development of the country.
He commended the state government, under the leadership of Governor Peter Obi, for the giant strides it has recorded with its meager resources.

He said: “Today is a special day. I am here on a one-day state visit to see what the state government has done over this period and I am quite impressed with what the government has done, considering the resources of the state. We have commissioned quiet a number of projects, road projects. I’ve also commissioned a private company that manufactures vehicles and I am also to commission another private factory.
“When I commissioned the factory, I did mention to the people that Anambra State, in terms of land area, is a small state, but in terms of brain density, I think it’s the biggest state in Nigeria.

We have the brain and highly skilled people concentrated in this area; so I’m not surprised by what I have observed and even historically, we know the great names, whether you talk about politics, sports, academics. Definitely, great names from Anambra State will continue to echo.
“So today I’m here to join you to celebrate greatness and hard work, commitment, dedication and excellence. Let me sincerely thank all of you because from the time we came in till now, we’ve seen the warm reception; you have taken me as part of you, which I am. In fact, I was reminded that our father’s mausoleum has not been completed and we are going to look into that project.

“For my great people of Anambra State, I greet you and I assure you that we will continue to work together, continue to thank you for your support for us and to remind you again and assure you that in our journey to transform this country, I will not let you down.”
As a mark of solidarity and welcome to the president, business premises, markets and schools in the state, especially in Awka were closed and people came out in their large numbers to receive him at every community and point he either passed through or commissioned a project.
School children in their clean uniforms and Nigerian flag added colour to the visit, as they lined up along all the roads the president passed through, chanting songs of praises to Jonathan.

Also, governors of the nearby states, including those of Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia Delta, Edo and Akwa Ibom States graced the president’s visit,
President Jonathan, in the course of the visit, commissioned the Innoson Motor Assembly Plant, Adazi-Nnukwu-Obeledu-Oraeri-Igboukwu road, Agulu-Aguluzigbo-Igboukwu road built by Master Holdings Construction Company and Agulu – Enugwu-Ukwu-Nri road.
Others include NAFDAC Laboratory, in Agulu, Zik Avenue Road, State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) Complex, Juhel Parental Drugs Factory, Jerome Udoji Secretariat Complex, ASUBEB complex, General Out-Patient Department (GOPD) Building at the Anambra State University Teaching Hospital Complex and laying of the foundation stone for the hospital theater complex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by excanny: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2010
Mr. President has somehow perfected the skill of working on Igbo psychology. cheesy

I hope this romance continues when he gets another mandate in 2011. Ndigbo want to see more of what GJ can do before he can be trusted.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by samoks(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2010
excanny:

Mr. President has somehow perfected the skill of working on Igbo psychology. cheesy

I hope this romance continues when he gets another mandate in 2011. Ndigbo want to see more of what GJ can do before he can be trusted.

CAPITAL NO, WE DON'T WANT HIM PERIOD,
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Reference(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2010
Fantastic observation. Then you get back to Abuja and do nothing. Conventional wisdom says you make sure the delicate embers are managed appropriately. Zik's mausoleum is a worthy venture but those signatory industries are gems worth preserving and nurturing. As the head huncho you deploy the nation's resources. Make them priority one for your IPP's, upgrade access roads and the inland port, complete the Niger dredging, deploy the best in law enforcement, take them on your trade tours. For goodness sake invest in the place and make them feel important. And probably the best you can do is hands off the politics of the state. Let the people which you yourself have acclaimed decide for themselves who governs them. And by the way you can begin to forward legislation relaxing federal control over such territories. People tend to think better when Oga is not standing over their shoulder. So so many ideas. Do all these stuff and you can say bye to oil for good. Governance is very easy. You only need to know what to do and overcome the Nigerian factor in you.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by houvest: 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2010
GEJ has mastered the art of diplomatese and politese. BTW how come he has to go to Anambra before realizing that the FG had abandoned the mausoleum of his namesake? Something is missing in the communication chain if so. If not please they should stop playing politics with a dead hero's resting place like they are doing with the second Niger bridge.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by sley4life(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2010
samoks:

wu told u we dont want him. Ok u want Maradona abi?
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by strangest(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2010
samoks:

"WE"?, YOU AND WHO

JONATHAN IS THE BEST THING THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN TO NIGERIA, 99.8% SURE,
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by buzor(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2010
Why cant we give goodluck jonathan a chance to prove himself. You dont want goodluck, them tell me who u like- ibb(independent bomb blast) or Atiku (articulate prostitute). Lets not miss sentiments wit trut sometimes. As far as concerned jonathan is doing well.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by EzeUche0(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2010
Chei! Dis guy. . . cheesy

He really knows that the Igbos like to hear pleasantries.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chino11(m): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2010
Anambra is the best place to be, I can't wish for a better place and people, than being Anambrian.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2010
not even one word on education. na wao . has UNIZIK called off thier strike or he was also blind and dumb about dat
anyway dogs na dogs and politicians na politicians tongue tongue tongue
dats easy to comprehend
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by mezie4u(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2010
@aguiyi Unizik is not on strike nd have never been 4 the past 5 years. If u don't want GOODLUCK then u must be ready 4 badluck simple

1 Like

Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by asha80(m): 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2010
mezie4u:

@aguiyi Unizik is not on strike nd have never been 4 the past 5 years. If u don't want GOODLUCK then u must be ready 4 badluck simple

is unizik not a state university?
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by playmode(m): 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2010
I continue to wonder how this guy got his PhD, saying anambra is the box of Nigeria. Does that mean the other states of Nigeria produces dummies. The guy lack skills in addressing people. I pity the folks of Anambra who are buying into this cheap politics. What has this guy done for Anambra since he got into power?

Simple question?

We deserve better ,we don’t need a leader who will make remarks about one state that might cause jealously in another state. It is like going to Jos and saying the Christians are the most intelligent people in Jos. We need a unifying leader. There are other compliments that he could have given Anambra but to say the brain density of Nigeria is concentrated in Anambra is an extremely foolish statement coming from a supposed president of the Federal republic. Did he conduct a research to reach that conclusion or he is just speaking carelessly like he always does.

In a nation as fragile as Nigeria, he should avoid making statement that will indicate that one group is superior or better than another. Some people might take offence to those comments. Jonathan has shown over and over that he is heart is not in the right place. It is all about power for him. He has 0 leadership skills. Instead he prefers crooked politics, PDP politics of deception and trickery. Jonathan , I will advise you to hire some social etiquette teachers because you are seriously lacking in that department. You speak before you think.

I weep for people who see this guy as a messiah. Of course babangida and atiku are worse candidates but nothing should be expected of Jonathan. Only “some” nairaland Igbos will be gullible enough to trust Jonathan. Real intelligent Igbos will see through his game of deception. Jonathan will not handover to anybody if he wins this election, he will want to run for a second term,mark my words. This is PDP politics and we all know what they are capable of.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2010
Na wa for folks! shocked shocked

I can now see that jealousy beclouds most minds here. What is wrong in this statement?
Didn't he state the obvious?

If you want to jump into a well, go ahead!

Which state in Nigeria can boast of the same number of human resources as Anambra?
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by onyengbu1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2010
Aguiyi,

i tara akwu ka obu ka eze gi di?
Is it ignorance or out of desperation to blame Gej for something dat made say dat unizik is a state Uni and is on strike.
If you are not sure, u shoulda confirmed first.
For the records, unizik is a fed. Uni. and has not been on strike since 2003.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by strangest(m): 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2010
playmode:

I continue to wonder how this guy got his PhD, saying anambra is the box of Nigeria. Does that mean the other states of Nigeria produces dummies. The guy lack skills in addressing people. I pity the folks of Anambra who are buying into this cheap politics. What has this guy done for Anambra since he got into power?

Simple question?

We deserve better ,we don’t need a leader who will make remarks about one state that might cause jealously in another state. It is like going to Jos and saying the Christians are the most intelligent people in Jos. We need a unifying leader. There are other compliments that he could have given Anambra but to say the brain density of Nigeria is concentrated in Anambra is an extremely foolish statement coming from a supposed president of the Federal republic. Did he conduct a research to reach that conclusion or he is just speaking carelessly like he always does.

In a nation as fragile as Nigeria, he should avoid making statement that will indicate that one group is superior or better than another. Some people might take offence to those comments. Jonathan has shown over and over that he is heart is not in the right place. It is all about power for him. He has 0 leadership skills. Instead he prefers crooked politics, PDP politics of deception and trickery. Jonathan , I will advise you to hire some social etiquette teachers because you are seriously lacking in that department. You speak before you think.

I weep for people who see this guy as a messiah. Of course babangida and atiku are worse candidates but nothing should be expected of Jonathan. Only “some” nairaland Igbos will be gullible enough to trust Jonathan. Real intelligent Igbos will see through his game of deception. Jonathan will not handover to anybody if he wins this election, he will want to run for a second term,mark my words. This is PDP politics and we all know what they are capable of.

Usually Anambrarians are industrious and we do not always depend on the government to do ANYTHING for us, that has always been how WE were raised,

GOODLUCK,                               SO FAR, SO GOOD,
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by asscend: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2010
Instead of looking at all the positives that has come out from his visit to Anambra some people are already using it as an agenda to instigate traibalism.

GEJ has been visiting other states for the last one month and where ever he has been has said something unique about the state.  It is Anambra's turn let them bask in it.

Thank God there are still people manufacturing in Nigeria regardless of the obstacles.  if they just came on nairaland and run their mouths nothing will be done.

Lets always try and give credit and think of ways to improve our nation.  Negative critics go no where.  Bring out alternatives not just running your mouth on people that are already doing something.

Yes i agree with GEJ, Anambra is indeed the brain box of Nigeria.  Anyone angry with his statement should go and make their own state 'the brain box'.  Lets learn to give credit to whom it is due.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by LSU: 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2010
@asha 80
Please UNIZIK is not a state university.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by harzan01: 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2010
asscend:

Instead of looking at all the positives that has come out from his visit to Anambra some people are already using it as an agenda to instigate traibalism.

GEJ has been visiting other states for the last one month and where ever he has been has said something unique about the state.  It is Anambra's turn let them bask in it.

Thank God there are still people manufacturing in Nigeria regardless of the obstacles.  if they just came on nairaland and run their mouths nothing will be done.

Lets always try and give credit and think of ways to improve our nation.  Negative critics go no where.  Bring out alternatives not just running your mouth on people that are already doing something.

Yes i agree with GEJ, Anambra is indeed the brain box of Nigeria.  Anyone angry with his statement should go and make their own state 'the brain box'.  Lets learn to give credit to whom it is due.

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

Go GEJ
Go J.E.G.A = [b]J[/b]onatan [b]E[/b]bele [b]G[/b]oodluck [b]A[/b]zikwe!!!

lol, Already made!
Make bad belle go die!
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by shotster50(m): 1:10am On Oct 17, 2010
Nigerians are always willing tools. Goodluck is your messiah? You wait till after the election.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by poweredcom(m): 2:44am On Oct 17, 2010
dem don come again

Like say na Only Anambra get brain, abi brain to dupe

Check out the roads in Anambra state is nothing to write home about and it is a very industrious state , crime in Onitsha market and hatred amongst the Anambra people no co operation because of Too much Love of ego-Money and dirty streetz

If you are from Anambra you dont have Money you are a fool , Small boy will step on you,

infact the only Man in Anambra i can say i cherish is Philip Emegwali grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by sleekch1c(f): 2:53am On Oct 17, 2010
asha 80:

is unizik not a state university?
babe,when u wrote JAMB,didnt u get a brochure, sorry,maybe u havent written one yet,
poweredcom:

dem don come again

Check out the roads in Anambra state is nothing to write home about and it is a very industrious state , crime in Onitsha market and hatred amongst the Anambra people no co operation because of Too much Love of ego-Money and dirty streetz

If you are from Anambra you dont have Money you are a fool , Small boy will step on you,

infact the only Man in Anambra i can say i cherish is Philip Emegwali grin grin grin
i cant believe u just say dat, if u re brainless,see a brain surgeon 4 a transplant and stop posting boolsheet here! angry angry angry
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by sleekch1c(f): 2:58am On Oct 17, 2010
aguiyi:

not even one word on education. na wao . has UNIZIK called off thier strike or he was also blind and dumb about dat
anyway dogs na dogs and politicians na politicians tongue tongue tongue
dats easy to comprehend
i think u meant ANSU not unizik, we arent on strike.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by naijaking1: 3:20am On Oct 17, 2010
Big question is for how long are we going to remain Nigeria's brain box when basic education has been destroyed right from the 1980s to date
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by bxcode(m): 3:40am On Oct 17, 2010
Anambra is among the states that are having rapid industrialization from the private sector for the past 3 years or thereabout. So GEJ is right concerning that statement.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by naijaking1: 3:51am On Oct 17, 2010
The people building and maintaining these factories gained their education and experience within the last 30-40 years when education was better. No industrialization would succeed without concurrent education industry to feed the factories.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by ebixy(m): 4:24am On Oct 17, 2010
some people dont even know the meaning of 'brain box' the re doing direct translation
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by igboboy1(m): 4:51am On Oct 17, 2010
poweredcom:

dem don come again

Check out the roads in Anambra state is nothing to write home about and it is a very industrious state , crime in Onitsha market  and hatred amongst the Anambra people no co operation because of Too much Love of ego-Money and dirty streetz

infact the only Man in Anambra i can say i cherish  is Philip Emegwali grin grin grin

see bad belle o, obj must be from anambra then abi
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by nadneth: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2010
poweredcom:

dem don come again

Dont even understand what you're saying.Looks as if you're talking from both sides of your mouth. Your sentence is poorly punctuated. Anyway for ur information,Anambra is one of the 3 most developed states in Nigeria in terms of everything. Dont talk out of ignorance,go there and see things for yourself.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by maimalari: 8:25am On Oct 17, 2010
Jonathan is a big big fool. He actually used a helicopter in anambra state due to extreme poor federal road networks. Instead of him to promise developmental projects, he was busy hailing a thief(peter obi). Am sorry this Jonathan of a guy is same as ibb and cohorts. CRIMINALS.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by maimalari: 8:30am On Oct 17, 2010
igbo boy:

see bad belle o, obj must be from anambra then abi
nadneth:

Dont even understand what you're saying.Looks as if you're talking from both sides of your mouth. Your sentence is poorly punctuated. Anyway for your information,Anambra is one of the 3 most developed states in Nigeria in terms of everything. Dont talk out of ignorance,go there and see things for yourself.
I stay in awka. And the roads are nothing to write about. Very poor and narrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears / Angela Nwaka In Fake Customs Recruitment Scam, May Be Arrested (Pic) / Another Akwa Ibom Lawmaker Dumps PDP For APC, Assures Ekere Of Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.