Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

10 Polio Workers Shot Dead In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Polio Workers Shot Dead In Kano (565 Views)

El-Rufai Administers Polio Vaccine To His Son Today In Kaduna / WazobiaFM Journalists Arrested For Kano Polio Killings / Polio Vaccination Staff Killed In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

10 Polio Workers Shot Dead In Kano by 13volts(m): 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
10 polio vaccination staff were shot dead on Friday morning at two locations in Kano state.

The first incident happened around 9am at a clinic called Shargalle at Filin Cashew in Unguwar Uku when gunmen in a tricycle appeared and opened fire on the vaccination officers, killing two workers and wounding four others, hospital sources have confirmed.

Earlier reports had said four of the workers were killed in the attack

Eight other women were gunned down when another set of tricycle-riding gunmen attacked another clinic at Wuro Pagga along the Western By-pass as they were about to head out for the day's exercise.

This is the first time health workers have been targeted in any attack and are coming on the heels of a proposed visit by the Inspector-General of Police to the Police College at Wudil later today.
Re: 10 Polio Workers Shot Dead In Kano by 13volts(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
Allah the day similar incident happened in Lawless region of Pakistan, I had this strange feeling these fucking Haramists will try and do a copy cat.

Allah it is high time Hausa People start attacking these Kanuris. They should go back to their Haramists states of Yobe & Borno and do their Haramists ideologies and leave us alone.

Each time a cell is uncovered by Kano people dismantled by JTF another cell will be sent from Borno.
At the end people in the South of the country will be blaming the Hausa People when infact we are different, with a different language, different culture from the Kanuris
Re: 10 Polio Workers Shot Dead In Kano by TheKingsQueen: 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
Oh no! What nonesense!
I don't know why some northerners are resistant to poli vaccination. I remember during my NYSC days when i participated as a vaccination officer in the north, many parents refused to allow us give the drugs to their children.

Is it not enough to resist the medicine and allow the health workers go their way. Why would you kill the people who are working for the health of your children. It's uncalled for.

Since it is now like this, the Ministry of health really needs to collaborate with the security agencies towards the safety of these vaccination officers. They should have armed policemen accompanying them throughout the exercice
Re: 10 Polio Workers Shot Dead In Kano by OAM4J: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2013

(1)

Opposition Parties To Form Another Mega Party / Arik, AIT, Other Beneficiaries Of Odili’s ‘stolen’ N100bn Keep Mum-premiumtimes / Tommy Vietor’s Journey With Obama: From Van Driver To National Security Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.