Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. (12591 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Jazzgreen(m): 12:23am On Feb 09, 2013
Tom and his hot wife were playing golf when the ball suddenly goes inside someone's house. They enter the house and see a broken bottle and a man.
MAN: I want to thank you. I am a genie who was trapped for 1000 years in the bottle. I will give you both one wish each, and I will keep one wish for myself.
TOM: I want a billion dollars!
WIFE: I want a house in every country of the world?
GENIE: Done. Done.
TOM: And what is your wish genie?
GENIE: Well, since I haven't loved a woman in a thousand years, my wish is to sleep with your wife.
TOM: Emm...Ok! You'v given us a lot of money. I guess I don't mind.
The genie took the wife upstairs and slept with her for two hours.
After it was over he asked her: How old is your husband?
WIFE answers: 35.
GENIE: Really? And he still believes in genie stories.

4 Likes

Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by ayobase(m): 12:24am On Feb 09, 2013
Symphony007: Addiction to social network is really becoming a problem, especially for teens and it's really dangerous, rather than facebook, teens should face their book.

Not only teens, but teens sepcially!
That's a very loving father!
The girl might have grown tired of it before the contract ends!

I had the same problem with Nairaland for close to a year, but decided to give myself a forced break of 10 days to get unaddicted!

Its no more a big deal for me if I don't visit for a month though!

Facebook stopped being an addiction the day I PROPERLY started with NL!
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Jazzgreen(m): 12:24am On Feb 09, 2013
AKPOS: Swthrt lets play hide and seek....
EKAETTE: Noooooo, the last time we did, I didn't findyou till Feb 15th.
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by braine(m): 12:28am On Feb 09, 2013
ighoosagie:
Just paste Hw does dat affect d price of gr**I, seun will help u 4 free out of nairaland

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd like the monetary send forth. grin grin
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by donsax: 12:29am On Feb 09, 2013
gluv01: I'm in the front row grin

The girl should enjoy the free salary sha, she can easily open another account with a slightly different name or the nickname she's known for by her friends and re-add her friends without her dad knowing. The dad just gave her free cash thinking he's doing good. This is 21st century o..not 19th century. Smart gurl! cheesy

Ha ha...se naija mentality?? You think say na like that oyinbo they do? After agreement she should secretly open a new account..I knew if it were you..that will be your first thought...no wonder corruption is much in Nigeria,after you will be blaming the leaders only .

2 Likes

Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Mayowura: 12:30am On Feb 09, 2013
Hahahahaha!
E funny o!
I was thinking it's 9ja, i for don start forward roll!
If it was 9ja, the breaking news would have been:
"father beats daughter to coma for disobey warning of NO FACEBOOK FOR 2WEEKS"
Or "father flogs daughter with pankere till she broke her hands"
Make you try dat shi*it with ma popsi......... Too bad gan ni! O wó gbésé! Wa fé jíyá kú!
But still sha i wish sey na me dat offer land for.... I will even ask if it can be taken up to a year......
Una know what dat means na!
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by oluwasuski: 12:38am On Feb 09, 2013
Mumu man, she quit facebook , remain on twitter, it makes no difference, she fit get 2go account sef...under G runs undecidedMumu man, she quit facebook , remain on twitter, it makes no difference, she fit get 2go account sef...under G runs
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by dnawah(m): 12:43am On Feb 09, 2013
braine: Who would pay me to stop visiting Nairaland? I need it badly; its too addictive, like Facebook.
I would have done better things with my time if not for these sites. sad
2 cups of G thing and 2 later,if u stay of 4 2 days,deal?
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Olalekan0(m): 12:44am On Feb 09, 2013
jammyng: Huge cash there,but here 32k isn't worth much.
32K isn't worth much to a 14 year old in nigeria? You're outta your mind

1 Like

Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by BEDMON1900: 12:50am On Feb 09, 2013
EXCHANGE OF #32K,....DATS ENOUGH 4 HER....IT MEANS DAT D AGREEMENT WILL BE RENEW AS AT END OF THE AGREED DATE...I DEY LAUGH OH
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 09, 2013
LesbianBoy: I am willing to pay K2039, Beaf, Mynd.........$2000 to quit nairaland for 1month!
hahahahaha grin grin....I'll totally leave NL, if u pay me $2,000,000
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by tellwisdom: 1:10am On Feb 09, 2013
Please, who paid her from Facebook? MUGU??
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Nobody: 1:34am On Feb 09, 2013
Crazy astupid news
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 09, 2013
Iceslizer: 3rd to comment grin

pls dont ban me

pls dont delete it

I'm just a first time offender grin

You are truly hopeless. undecided

You are happy about being third to comment. You didnt even make the third position position you are boasting about.
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Rick9(m): 2:54am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=48pt] woooooooowwwwwww [/size]

[size=21pt] i cant believe dis [/size]
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Iceslizer(f): 4:09am On Feb 09, 2013
pDude:

You are truly hopeless. undecided

You are happy about being third to comment. You didnt even make the third position position you are boasting about.
May ayamatanga pay you a visit tonight. cool cool
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 09, 2013
ayobase:

Not only teens, but teens sepcially!
That's a very loving father!
The girl might have grown tired of it before the contract ends!

I had the same problem with Nairaland for close to a year, but decided to give myself a forced break of 10 days to get unaddicted!

Its no more a big deal for me if I don't visit for a month though!

Facebook stopped being an addiction the day I PROPERLY started with NL!
wallahi!! grin grin

I can't even remember when last I logged into my facebook.

1 Like

Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Kaydem(m): 6:17am On Feb 09, 2013
Macelliot:

Count Rachel Baier in that exclusive group. The 14-year-old made a deal with her father, Paul. If Rachel stayed off of Facebook for five months, she'd find herself $200 richer.

To make sure everything was above board, a contract was signed by both parties. Rachel will get $50 if she resists the call of Facebook until mid-April. She'll score $150 more if she makes it to June 26. She has given her father her password, which he has changed to prevent her from accessing her account. According to the contract, Rachel intends to use the proceeds for "stuff."

We spoke with Paul Baier about the plan. It turns out, it was Rachel's idea. "She mostly wanted and needed the money as she has been frustrated by not finding babysitting jobs. She is an honors student but she says Facebook can be distracting."

Rachel originally asked for $70, but then, like an expert negotiator, she came back and asked for $200. "When she realized it would be for five months, she wanted an amount that would really excite her," Paul explained.

Paul hopes this may start a trend. "I've realized that she is part of a generation of kids that has grown up on Facebook. She's been on it for two years full time. This is two years of 24/7 teen discussion of friends, clothes, parties, etc. They can't get away from it. I'm proud she recognized the benefit of a hiatus. She plans to go on using it after the contract ends."

The contract expires on the last day of school. So far, she has no regrets.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/father-agrees-pay-teen-daughter-200-quit-facebook-232418798.html
oyinbo and dere palaver sha!!!
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Orikinla(m): 6:19am On Feb 09, 2013
braine: Who would pay me to stop visiting Nairaland? I need it badly; its too addictive, like Facebook.
I would have done better things with my time if not for these sites. sad
. Okay I will pay you N200 to quit Nairaland for two months.
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Asis(m): 6:43am On Feb 09, 2013
Lol,hw funny..
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by GentleSmiles: 7:24am On Feb 09, 2013
Na smart pinkin cheesy
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by hollypagan: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2013
if my father pays my gal frin bride price i will quit nairaland for 2 days
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Uiadialesamuel: 7:37am On Feb 09, 2013
Nawa oh oyinbo wit der wahala i wil lv to quit if my dad wil gv 1m.
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by FXKing2012(m): 7:37am On Feb 09, 2013

The girl should enjoy the free salary sha, she can easily open another account with a slightly different name or the nickname she's known for by her friends and re-add her friends without her dad knowing. The dad just gave her free cash thinking he's doing good. This is 21st century o..not 19th century. Smart gurl! cheesy
Why are u teaching her bad thing?
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by FXKing2012(m): 7:40am On Feb 09, 2013
ItsModella:
wallahi!! grin grin

I can't even remember when last I logged into my facebook.
Are u a singer?
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Lilprincey(m): 8:00am On Feb 09, 2013
[na true o]I'm in the front row grin

The girl should enjoy the free salary sha, she can easily open another account with a slightly different name or the nickname she's known for by her friends and re-add her friends without her dad knowing. The dad just gave her free cash thinking he's doing good. This is 21st century o..not 19th century. Smart gurl! cheesy[/quote]
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by brownlord: 8:15am On Feb 09, 2013

That why blacks r diff. From the whites, they had a deal, and shes not a Nigerian that would nt keep to promise
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by nbright: 8:17am On Feb 09, 2013
nbright: Who go pay me as I don quit 2go?.
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Rusau: 8:21am On Feb 09, 2013

Funy girl but real.
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Rusau: 8:22am On Feb 09, 2013

Funy girl but real joor!
Re: Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month. by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 09, 2013
a.r.okans:
Hope my dad has seen this?
Wow dude ur dad does NL too?
Can imagin a full family into NL that House and Family will be soooooo boring

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional, Church Or Registry: The Right Date For Marriage Anniversary? / I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies / Housewife or Working Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.