Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises (38014 Views)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by lalasticlala(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
A 28-year-old lady, Alom Chukwudi, has dragged her boyfriend, Onyebuchi Nwufu, a businessman, to a Mararaba Grade 1 Area Court, Nasarawa State, claiming damages for deceiving her into believing he was going to marry and later dumping her.

While briefing the court, the prosecutor, Corporal Friday Adaji, said that Chukwudi had reported a case of betrayal at the 'A' Division Police Station, Mararaba, on June 12, 2015, where she stated that she had been dating Nwufu since August 2014, and he had promised to marry her.
He encouraged her to move in with him and while living with him, she carried out all the duties of a wife in the hope that he would make the union official but he later reneged on his promise.

But on May 28, Nwufu packed his belongings to an unknown destination, abandoning his common law wife, leaving her with a seven-month pregnancy.

The prosecutor said the accused left Chukwudi with no money or food for two months, thereby committing an offence that contravenes Section 383 of the Penal Code.

But Nwufu, in his defense, denied running away when she became pregnant, saying he only traveled for a business transaction.
"I left the house because there was a business I had to attend to. I am at fault for not telling her but I did not deceive her."
The judge, Albert Maga, granted him bail in the sum of N200,000, while adjourning the case till June 25 for further hearing.

http://pulse.ng/gist/by-fire-by-force-woman-drags-boyfriend-to-court-for-refusing-to-marry-her-id3886087.html

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
FTC!

If further hearing revealed that the man is deliberately avoiding this lady to find solace in the arms of another lady elsewhere, after promising this lady heaven an earth, just to get access to her priceless body....... He should be given a stiff penalty for such offence. And as for the lady, epele mah, eku amun monra.

Meanwhile, I'm the First to comment. Any gift for this achievement?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by lilmax(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
Marriage is f.ucked up

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by nerodenero: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
Akin ti kotu de sore.

She should know that after the Court case, na divorce straight undecided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by ketekete: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
Is it now a must to marry anybody that lives with you for more than 1 year?..

I don't support the guys act, but this is not a court case at all..

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by BigBelleControl(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
Which kain judgement be that. No be say na for street he pick her so? No be by force to marry her. He fit take care of the babu sha.

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Fatdon(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Women and their wahala, na by force to marry

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by crackhaus: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
She should also be sued for letting herself get deceived.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by jnrbayano(m): 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
Who pocket these huge bail money and what do they use it for?

Any accounting for them?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
under the law, it is called "breach of promise to marry". He has to pay damages, next time, he will learn to keep his promise.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by ketekete: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
I tire oo.

Fatdon:
Women and their wahala, na by force to marry

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by jnrbayano(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
Neyoor:
FTC!

If further hearing revealed that the man is deliberately staying out of his matrimonial home to find solace in the arms of another woman elsewhere....... He should be given a stiff penalty for such offence. And as for the woman, epele mah, eku amun monra.

Its a huge achievement.

I recommend you go for thanksgiving with a big Muturu N'Dama cow.

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
Its a huge achievement. I recommend you go for thanksgiving with a big Muturu N'Dama cow.

That's two small bro, why not with

20 big Mutura N'dawa cows
20 kegs of palmwine
20 kegs of palmoil

20 yards of ankara.

20 plots of land

And.......

Still counting

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by vizkiz: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
I just hope this doesn't become the new trend in town...cuz biitches will start taking em niggaz to court for dumping their ass(es)shocked

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by preizton(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
OK
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
after chopping the KPEKUS!!...nah...its not fair sad

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Sveen: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
Even the 'court' recognizes and cannot stop a divorce.
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by cococandy(f): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lol grin
Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by FynBabe(f): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
This is good news! It means the era of 'chopping and cleaning' mouth for guys is over forever. I see more ladies taking advantage of this.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dp

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
firstEVA:
under the law, it is called "breach of promise to marry". He has to pay damages, next time, he will learn to keep his promise.

But you also know that under the law, breach of promise to marry is one of the actions that cannot succeed without the plaintiff's testimony being specifically corroborated.

Now who was there when he promised to marry her that will corroborate her claim in court? As far as I know cohabiting with a lady does not ipso facto raise such presumption, neither does it equate to an express promise to marry.

Or why do you think that breach of promise to marry cases rarely succeed in Nigeria? Hardly would you find up to five in our case law.

With a good lawyer this case won't succeed, otherwise all the baby mamas in Nigeria would be rushing to court. undecided

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Yustash001(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
Na by force to marry person.....it's not a court case joor...

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
I don't pity the woman one bit... Packed into a man's house just to make the man marry her? Jobless woman..

Was washing, cooking, cleaning, then kpetus every night.. The man enjoy oo cheesy grin grin tongue
Sorry woman, you've been dumped, time to go back to your parents and get a life..

Women should learn biko.. why so desperate? angry

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
Neyoor:
FTC!

If further hearing revealed that the man is deliberately staying out of his matrimonial home to find solace in the arms of another woman elsewhere....... He should be given a stiff penalty for such offence. And as for the woman, epele mah, eku amun monra.

Did you read the article at all?? Which matrimonial home ? Them don marry? undecided

Just wasted your FTC tongue

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Sweetyie(f): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
Their business not mine. #Biko chopping my okpa

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
adeaks:

But you also know that under the law, breach of promise to marry is one of the actions that cannot succeed without the plaintiff's testimony being specifically corroborated.

Now who was there when he promised to marry her that will corroborate her claim in court? As far as I know cohabiting with a lady does not ipso facto raise such presumption, neither does it equate to an express promise to marry.

Or why do you think that breach of promise to marry cases rarely succeed in Nigeria? Hardly would you find up to five in our case law.

With a good lawyer this case won't succeed, otherwise all the baby mamas in Nigeria would be rushing to court. undecided
how can corroboration be an issue in such a case, cohabitation is presumption of marriage under common law so what's the issue. She has a very beautiful case with very good chances of success.

Women are ashamed to file such actions that's why we hardly have it in our courts not that they hardly succeed.

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by agarawu23(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
The Lady should be blamed for not taking proper steps before moving in with the guy. What 'promise' is the Lady even taking about? if humans can break the promise they have for God, what stops them for breaking the ones they have for humans? she is doing all the work as a wife isn't our business since the guy is feeding you. The only chance you have is the pregnancy and I will also blame you cos you are not a kid and you are aware of different pills you can take to avoid pregnancy. Who knows if she did that just to tie the guy down because that's another style Ladies use to force their self on guys. The guy might be rich as the love for money is another issue we are facing with our nowadays ladies. She might have even changed her attitude and be giving the guy stress because the guy didn't run from her until the pregnancy is 7 month (there is surely a reason behind that)

The guy has a blame too for running away from his responsibility. If truly he promised the lady marriage, I see know reason why he can't stand up and face his challenges. he lied by telling us he went for business transaction and forget to tell his gf/wife. But we never can tell what's really giving the guy problem because he didn't run from day 1. I will also blame him for leaving the ladies when he knows she is pregnant and she will surly need help.

This marriage will not come up because nobody wants to be a friend with somebody that take him/her to court. The guy will only have to take care of the lady and her unborn child cos no court will force him to marry her.

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
firstEVA:
how can corroboration be an issue in such a case, cohabitation is presumption of marriage under common law so what's the issue. She has a very beautiful case with very good chances of success.

Women are ashamed to file such actions that's why we hardly have it in our courts not that they hardly succeed.

You are starting to mix issues. You mentioned that her case is breach of promise of marry, now you are talking about presumption of marriage under common law. If there is a presumption of marriage, then there cant be a breach of promise to marry again since the marriage is already presumed by law.

If you go by S.197 of the current Evidence act, breach of promise to marry expressly needs corroboration. If that is the case she is setting up in court she can't succeed without it. There are also judicial authorities to that effect. It is not a matter of opinion, it is express in d statute.

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Flashh: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
She fast forward ⏩ taking him to court as if they (ladies) aren't worst in dumping and divorcing. undecided

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
Good one.

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by pickabeau1: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2015
vizkiz:
I just hope this doesn't become the new trend in town...cuz biitches will start taking em niggaz to court for dumping their ass(es)shocked

Nope as long as you don't let them move into your house
You are safe

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Drags Boyfriend To Court For Dumping Her After Marriage Promises by cococandy(f): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ok so does this mean if a guy gets dumped by a lady who promised to marry him, he can sue her legally?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Need A Wife To Get Married To In 2014 / 10 Things Your Mother Never Told You… Warning! This Will Leave You In Tears! / I'm Scared Of Marrying Her