Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? (1408 Views)

Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by JuanDeDios: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
Long after the Nigerian troops are supposed to have arrived - complete with soldierly pictures posted on NL - The French took on the terrorists alone. Currently, the French are aided only by Chadian troops who came in from across the border as they seek out the cowardly terrorists who have withdrawn from metropolitan areas into the mountains.

Now
1. Where are the Nigerian troops?
2. Is this anything to do with what Afua Hirsh wrote in her article - did the article have some elements of truth even though it contained glaring inaccuracies?
3. Or is this due to unconfirmed reports that after that single departure Nigerian troops could not be airlifted because they had no transport - thus reducing claims made by some on NL about the Nigerian military's eminent transport capabilities to patriotic nonsense?

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Rossikk(m): 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
^^^Why don't you spend quality time on Google? You will find the answers to all your questions there. For instance a quick search showed that at least 500 Nigerian troops have been airlifted to Mali. As for when, how, and where they will be deployed to the battle, that's for the military strategists involved in the operations there to decide. Now, rather than YOU to simply wait, study and observe, you've gone for the worst possible scenario, including regurgitating Afua Hirshes' peabrained rantings (whereas her place is more suitably a kitchen), as a possible explanation.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2013
Thank you Rossik. Nigerians really amaze me.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by JuanDeDios: 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
Rossikk: ^^^Why don't you spend quality time on Google? You will find the answers to all your questions there. For instance a quick search showed that at least 500 Nigerian troops have been airlifted to Mali. As for when, how, and where they will be deployed to the battle, that's for the military strategists involved in the operations there to decide. Now, rather than YOU to simply wait, study and observe, you've gone for the worst possible scenario, including regurgitating Afua Hirshes' peabrained rantings (whereas her place is more suitably a kitchen), as a possible explanation.
What you have "regurgitated" from Google hasn't answered the question. I asked why no single one of our troops has been deployed when Chadians who just came into the country are already at the front. Thank you.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 10, 2013
Nigerian infantry man in the frontline in mali

Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Blyss: 4:40am On Feb 10, 2013
Henry120: Nigerian infantry man in the frontline in mali

LOL, front line my azz. cheesy Those few dudes sent there were sent to just show face, because the self proclaimed giant of Africa who drug azz on sending troops to help their fellow nation out, were totally embarrassed and made to look like worthless shiat by the French who had to come in from over 3,800 miles away and do your nation's job. cheesy As usual you Africans biatch and complain about what you cant do, until your western or Eastern masters comes in and saves you from yourselves.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2013
Blyss:

LOL, front line my azz. cheesy Those few dudes sent there were sent to just show face, because the self proclaimed giant of Africa who drug azz on sending troops to help their fellow nation out, were totally embarrassed and made to look like worthless shiat by the French who had to come in from over 3,800 miles away and do your nation's job. cheesy As usual you Africans biatch and complain about what you cant do, until your western or Eastern masters comes in and saves you from yourselves.
youthis grl should shut up and be more concerned about how you can help reduce gangstarism among your brothers and baby mamarism among your sisters.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 10, 2013
Blyss:

Now you see that you are silly. France has troops stationed in senegal and ivory coast. France has an airforce base in the capital of chad were mirage jets flew missions from.

Nigeria has a total of 500 troops and 300 airforce quick response force in mali and niger republic. Nigeria also has 4 fighter jets stationed in niger republic, 1 C-130 stretch transport plane and 1 G222 medium transport plane in mali. In addition to MI35p attack helicopter gunships.

We have so far deployed 800 troops of 1200 pledged. Nigeria has the capacity to deploy troops and logistics. In sierra leone we deployed 10,000 troops in one week.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
Nigerian soldeir on an oto melara palmaria 155mm self-propelled howitzer in mali

Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by ballabriggs: 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
Henry120: Nigerian soldeir on an oto melara palmaria 155mm self-propelled howitzer in mali

Mr man don't be foolish. Is that a Soldier in the front line? Sitting idly on an amoured tank. What the OP has asked for is what role are the Nigerian troops playing in Mali. And rightly so, we have seen and read about the French advance. We have read the Chadian forces also moving, we have read and seen photos of the tuareg rebels also helping in the fight, what of our own troops? At least when they were in Liberia, we saw videos of their activities. What is happening this time around? Are they just manning checkpoints?
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
even when we have shown it time and time again, people still doubt our ability to deploy troops and logistics
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2013
ballabriggs:

Mr man don't be foolish. Is that a Soldier in the front line? Sitting idly on an amoured tank. What the OP has asked for is what role are the Nigerian troops playing in Mali. And rightly so, we have seen and read about the French advance. We have read the Chadian forces also moving, we have read and seen photos of the tuareg rebels also helping in the fight, what of our own troops? At least when they were in Liberia, we saw videos of their activities. What is happening this time around? Are they just manning checkpoints?

Now I know you are extremely stupi.D. I have presented photos, if you doubt any of the photos, pick up your bag and head to mali, so you can verify for your self. You silly imbec.i.l.e. Photos have been shown, artillery seen and you still doubt.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by ballabriggs: 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2013
Henry120:

Now I know you are extremely stupi.D. I have presented photos, if you doubt any of the photos, pick up your bag and head to mali, so you can verify for your self. You silly imbec.i.l.e. Photos have been shown, artillery seen and you still doubt.

Is it difficult for your tiny brain to understand your miserable photos are not enough? Is basic English a problem for you? We have read of Chadian and French soldiers advancing, what of Nigerian soldiers?

Don't be daft, don't force your miserable photos on us, we are not buying it. We were in Liberia, we watched, heard and read of the impact of Nigerian Soldiers. This time around everything has gone so numb, what is happening?

My friend GTFOH, animal.
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
ballabriggs:

Is it difficult for your tiny brain to understand your miserable photos are not enough? Is basic English a problem for you? We have read of Chadian and French soldiers advancing, what of Nigerian soldiers?

Don't be daft, don't force your miserable photos on us, we are not buying it. We were in Liberia, we watched, heard and read of the impact of Nigerian Soldiers. This time around everything has gone so numb, what is happening?

My friend GTFOH, animal.

You are a miserable worthless dog. you want to know what is happening, I have told you to go to mali and see for yourself. Your tiny incoherent brain cannot piece that simple suggestion together abi?
Re: What Happened To Nigerian Troops In Mali? by ballabriggs: 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2013
Henry120:

You are a miserable worthless dog. you want to know what is happening, I have told you to go to mali and see for yourself. Your tiny incoherent brain cannot piece that simple suggestion together abi?

Muhehehe, I will get better sources to tell me what is truly going on and not the photos from your imbecilic brain. So get out of here, I don't need a worthless human like you to force your clap-trap down my throat. You can take your photos and shove it into that place, I careless.

(1) (Reply)

No More Food In Aso Rock: Jonathan / Effect Of Excess Salt In The Human Body. / Chief Tom Ikimi Concludes Plans To Leave Apc For Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.