Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? (3456 Views)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 6 Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by eminex(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
Pls NLs i find dis quite disturbin. Does dating a girl means dat d guy should buy her everytin dat
she needs/wants?
I mean, must d guy assume d role of her
dad whilst stil datin?

Definitely d
guy should buy her tins as a way
of appreciation & show of love,
buh d level at which it is now
mandatory on d guys as if "no gift
no relationship" tin is rily bafflin
me.

I would rily lik 2 knw ur opinions.
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
It really is so annoying, and i wonder y their parents would just abandon their daughters, expectin the BF to buy her clothes, make her hair and even pay her school fees. Some even go to the extent of makin u pay for her siblings fees too. Thats really disturbin
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
That shudnt be a problem bro! Here's d trick, just promise to buy them heaven and earth, shine congo as if u wil nt be allowed to shine again, cos sincerely u won't, then push them to d next mugu who will pay cos sincerely some boys dey pay.
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by 190: 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2013
In nIGERia yes ooh

thank God my girl is different
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
And wat is d big deal if he buys her everyth?
Is he's complainin he's nt her dad
Den he shld go do wit his mum wat he does wit her na
Mtchewwwww

It so disgusts me wen men talk dis way

*stolen*
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by jmoore(m): 11:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
Is the guy her father? Is the girl an orphan? smh
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by mcnepow(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2013
Pls NLs i find dis quite disturbin. Does dating a girl means dat d guy should buy her everytin dat
she needs/wants?
No u musnt, that's why u should date sensible gurls that have self respect.

I mean, must d guy assume d role of her
dad whilst stil datin?
Even after marriage, u can never be her father - asin popsman. How kwanu u wan assume d role for common dating?

Definitely d
guy should buy her tins as a way
of appreciation & show of love,
buh d level at which it is now
mandatory on d guys as if "no gift
no relationship" tin is rily bafflin
me.
It has never been and will never be compulsory.
Sensible gurls will reciprocate ur show of affection.

*Continues listening to Alingo on my Solo Beats by Dre Headset*Planing to buy one for my sensible chic dis valentine*

1 Like

Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 10, 2013
And the sad thing is that it is only their dirty yansh that they can offer. cry
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
^ glad u are married and d only thing she offers u is her dirty . . . . .
I smh for dat woman dat calls u husband
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
Yes... Including her family and other relatives
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by numericalguy(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dyt: And wat is d big deal if he buys her everyth?
Mtchewwwww

*stolen*

Kpako mentality.. Hungry vulture...

2 Likes

Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
Yes
Ayam so hungry dat I cld v ur tiny balls for dinner
Eediot
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by ifihearam: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dyt: Yes
Ayam so hungry dat I cld v ur tiny balls for dinner
Eediot

Why r u taking it so personal?
Do you rely on your bf for everything??
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
Yes I do
In fact comon garri, he does it 4 me
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
No, I don't think it should be like that but unfortunately that's wat happens especially in Nigeria.Girls should just learn to be Independent
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by amefi(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dyt: Yes I do
In fact comon garri, he does it 4 me

Is everything ok? Cool down na! Dat wudnt stop me frm doing evryfin 4 u.
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
Everyth is ok sweety
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by NoQualms1(f): 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
Bolushalom: No, I don't think it should be like that but unfortunately that's wat happens especially in Nigeria.Girls should just learn to be Independent

That's not what happens. Why the generalisation?
@OP, you already answered your own question.
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by eminex(m): 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dyt: And wat is d big deal if he buys her everyth?
Mtchewwwww

*stolen*

In a sense u re sayin d girl should always satisfy his sexual desires at his every demand of it.

Also u re mistaken cos not all guys demands sex while datin buh d ladies would demand gifts & material tins cos hez datin her. Abi she sef no dey work?
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by eminex(m): 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Yes... Including her family and other relatives

lmao! u must b a gold-digger grin
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
And wat is wrong if he even takes care of my extended families

U men are so heavenly stingy
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
eminex:

lmao! u must b a gold-digger grin
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dyt: And wat is wrong if he even takes care of my extended families

U men are so heavenly stingy
lmao
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by jmoore(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2013
It takes a lazy girl to call a man stingy.

He is not yet married to you and you want him to spend his money on you and your relatives? Is your family too poor that your boyfriend is the one to support you and your parents? smh
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
One of d stingy negros

Bt he can do 2 me any style he wants abi
Shege bansa
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by dmcdad: 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
Jenams: That shudnt be a problem bro! Here's d trick, just promise to buy them heaven and earth, shine congo as if u wil nt be allowed to shine again, cos sincerely u won't, then push them to d next mugu who will pay cos sincerely some boys dey pay.
Ha ha ha ha ha... Badt guy
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by mcnepow(m): 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
Dyt: One of d stingy negros

Bt he can do 2 me any style he wants abi
Shege bansa
Lol. . .

Anybody wey follow ur mouth don enter 1 chance!
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by dmcdad: 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
jmoore: Is the guy her father? Is the girl an orphan? smh

Lol... I bow oooo
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by dmcdad: 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
numerical_guy:

Kpako mentality.. Hungry vulture...
Ehya... E go beta sha
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by dmcdad: 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
pDude: And the sad thing is that it is only their dirty yansh that they can offer. cry
sad
Smh for them Naija gurlz
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by Dyt(f): 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2013
mcnepow:
Lol. . .

Anybody wey follow ur mouth don enter 1 chance!

Leafe me oo

Ow u bn
Bn ages o
Ow work?
Re: Does Dating A Girl Means That The Guy Should Buy Her Everything She Needs/wants? by dmcdad: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2013
eminex:

In a sense u re sayin d girl should always satisfy his sexual desires at his every demand of it.

Also u re mistaken cos not all guys demands sex while datin buh d ladies would demand gifts & material tins cos hez datin her. Abi she sef no dey work?
Guy! Come to think of it, on a better day this thing suppose be 50-50. I dont think it was stated anywhere categorically that men are supposed to be taking care of everything in a home, much less a guy dating a girl? C'mon! Its ridiculous. The way I see it, it should be a two-way thing and not just the guy doing everything. I believe who has more at a particular point in time takes care of things and help in assisting the other, even though I know men are proned to do more by the virtue of our nature as men, but then it shouldn't be a yardstick for girls sticking to their guys.

Most Nigerian girls are guilty of this even though we all know that there are some that have their distinct nature and dont do such. It should be a case that the guy wanna assist in any way he could and not to make it his duty as if he were the father of the girl.

The thing most women(mostly majority of the Nigerian females) need to know is that, men respect and value women with standards. And as a woman one sure way of maintaining that standard is to be financially independent. Definitely, at some point in time or the other we need each other to pass or overcome certain circumstances, but none should take it as the other's responsibility...

Bottom line is... It ain't the guy's duty even though he can help in whatever way he can. This should be applied in the case of a girl too, as it should be a two-way street.

Most girls need to learn a thing or two about how to be in a relationship for the right reasons. I would also recommend that girls read a book by Steve Harvey titled "Act like a lady and think like a man". It would really help in exposing them to the realities of a relationship and men in general..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Should Stop Judging Guys By Their Looks / That One Man / Ladies You Have $5, Build Your Ideal Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.