Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? (18895 Views)

Why All These Hatred By South Africans Towards Nigeria(ns) / Western Foreign Policy Change Towards Nigeria? / What Is Your Overall Mood Towards Nigeria And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
A Nigerian is anyone, male or female, who has his or her origin in Nigeria. Are you a Nigerian? I am a Nigerian by birth. I expect that over 90% of persons who open this thread are Nigerians, mostly by birth.

Being a Nigerian means we have a responsibility towards Nigeria. If we want Nigeria to be great, and I expect every Nigerian to so want, then the responsibility is on you and I to do things that will make Nigeria great.

The so called advanced countries are where they are today due to the COLLECTIVE effort of their citizens, both leaders and followers. Majority of the citizens of those countries take RESPONSIBILITY for making their country great. It was the Ex-president of America, John F. Kennedy, who made the famous statement- "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country".

Yes, Nigeria may not have done much for most of us. Yes, our leaders, past and present, may have performed below expectation and in some cases woefully. I for instance hold the opinion that most of our founding fathers- including Awo, Zik and Ahmadu Bello- created the dis-unity and ethnoreliguous sentiments we see today. Yes, Nigeria in the past may have hurt many of us. For instance, I feel terribly hurt by the fact that Nigeria, between 1966 and 1970, supervised the massacre of over 50,000 easterners in a pogrom and another 2million in an avoidable civil war.

But not withstanding these mis-givings, Nigeria is our one and only country, and whatever we make of it affects you and I directly or indirectly.

Critical self introspection by every Nigerian, home and abroad, will reveal the connection between our individual BAD BEHAVIOUR and most of the problems plagueing our country. The BAD BEHAVIOUR of you and I will add up to destroy the country while good behaviour by the majority will add up to build the country. For instance, school teachers who encourage examination mal-practices should see the connection between their BAD BEHAVIOUR and multitude of un-employable graduates, high unemployment rate, morally bankrupt/incompetent leaders,etc. The medical practitioners should see the connection between their actions/inactions and low life expectancy in Nigeria (estimated to be 47yrs), high infant and maternal mortality rates,etc. The legal practitioners who unduly prolong court cases should see the connection between their antics and monumental corruption in the country. The parents who fail in giving their children proper upbringing are simply churning out more potential criminals and looters. The moderators on NL who speedily push negative news in Nigeria to the front page should see the damage they'r doing to the IMAGE of this country. And so on and so forth.

Consequently, every Nigerian should take RESPONSIBILITY for creating the great Nigeria we desire. As individuals, teachers, lecturers, legal practitioners, medical practitioners, parents, sports men/women, politicians, students, etc we should DO THE RIGHT THING. The professionals should give 100% at work place and the COMMON GOOD should be top priority. By so doing, you and I will be building the great Nigeria of our dreams

16 Likes

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ba7man(m): 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2013
Oh yes!!! Nigerian to my DNA molecules. In my field (Architecture), i make it a point of duty to be as open and honest as possible to everyone i encounter, I give the best services drawing foreign inspiration and giving it a Nigerian twist to improve my environment. I vote, pay my taxes, keep my environment clean, just developed a model to provide cheaper housing to Nigerians(interested developers needed), plan on starting a class to teach youngsters the craft of modelling (small scale buildings used for Architectural presentations)....etc. Will reveal more once my head's clear......Frankly, I don't think this thread will go far...a lot of people will avoid it.

9 Likes

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by GARRIx7(m): 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2013
Nice write-up

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ba7man(m): 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Nice write-up
grin grin grin Mr GARRI (x7), u don reach here.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ba7man(m): 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
@ Sincere Nigerian......, over to you, tell us yours.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by GARRIx7(m): 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2013
ba7man: grin grin grin Mr GARRI (x7), u don reach here.

Ɣes ooo!!

I wan try be 1st to comment, but you just chance me commot road. No wahala sha!!

Insincere 9gerian make sense for this topic when he open, so I'm here to ensure that all posters maintain law and order... cool

Cheers!!
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
My duty to Nigeria is to assist Nigerians anyway I can. I believe all Nigerian leaders since the 70s has neglected nation building and people oriented developments.

The present administration was suppose to be hope for Nigerians and in fact, Nigerians were very very happy until after 3 months on into the current administration in 2010.

When we are doing our duties as citizens of this great nation by voicing out our grievances towards government, we are constantly called names like tribalist, opposition, sore losers etc.. even though we don't belong to any party. The op of this thread is not doing any duty as a Nigerian as can be proven with his/her posts history. The op's duty is to the current administration not to Nigeria.

Our duty as citizens is nothing but to ensure the survival of our nation. The only way a nation can survive is if the citizens are happy with the nation and the only way citizens can be happy with the nation is if the leaders don't neglect them..

Jonathan has neglected the common man that makes up 90% of Nigeria. And once again, Nigerians are not happy with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2013
ba7man: Oh yes!!! Nigerian to my DNA molecules. In my field (Architecture), i make it a point of duty to be as open and honest as possible to everyone i encounter, I give the best services drawing foreign inspiration and giving it a Nigerian twist to improve my environment. I vote, pay my taxes, keep my environment clean, just developed a model to provide cheaper housing to Nigerians(interested developers needed), plan on starting a class to teach youngsters the craft of modelling (small scale buildings used for Architectural presentations)....etc. Will reveal more once my head's clear......Frankly, I don't think this thread will go far...a lot of people will avoid it.
Impressive!
I'm a medical doctor. Initially, I worked at the general outpatient department of a govt hospital. In all modesty, I gave my all to the work then, at least as much as my knowledge and experience could carry me. Personally, I was continuously learning and improving so as to give as up-to-date medical care as possible to my patients.

Though I'm currently not practicing, but I'm writting a medical text that I hope will help general practitioners offer the best possible curative and preventive medical care. I started writting the book a year and half ago and I hope to finish this year because I'v gone past halfway. I decided to write the book because while practicing, I observed several gray areas (disconnect between conventional texts/under-graduate training and field experience) and ambiguity. Then, whenever I had difficulty in diagnosis or treatment choice, I did a thorough research on that particular case (in addition to consultation with my seniors). At a stage, I decided to thoroughly research atleast the common medical conditions and write down practical things that could be helpful in patient management at the clinic or hospital ward. That was how I found myself writing a book.

When I conclude my other private business in a few months time, I'll enlist in a residency programme in laboratory medicine ( chemical pathology or histopathology).

What else? I'm sincere 9gerian. I dont cheat other people. I do to others what I wish they do to me.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by seanet01: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2013
Nice Thread.
Coming back to insert my signature.
Owning Allah Mogrib and Ishai

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by alex101(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
My duty is not to the dungeon called nigeria, rather it's to the black race, and this duty I owe to the black race is to ensure the disintegration of nigeria. I take this stand because I strongly believe that one of the nations that will emerge from the ashes of nigeria will lead the black race to greatness.

TO DISINTEGRATE THE NIGERIAN DUNGEON IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE IN THE INTEREST OF THE BLACK RACE cool

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by GARRIx7(m): 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
alex101: TO DISINTEGRATE THE NIGERIAN DUNGEON IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE IN THE INTEREST OF THE BLACK RACE cool

If Ndu_Chuks catch you, you're on your own ooo!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Rhino5dm: 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
Lets see your design? which package are you using?

ba7man: Oh yes!!! Nigerian to my DNA molecules. In my field (Architecture), i make it a point of duty to be as open and honest as possible to everyone i encounter, I give the best services drawing foreign inspiration and giving it a Nigerian twist to improve my environment. I vote, pay my taxes, keep my environment clean, just developed a model to provide cheaper housing to Nigerians(interested developers needed), plan on starting a class to teach youngsters the craft of modelling (small scale buildings used for Architectural presentations)....etc. Will reveal more once my head's clear......Frankly, I don't think this thread will go far...a lot of people will avoid it.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ektbear: 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
alex101: My duty is not to the dungeon called nigeria, rather it's to the black race, and this duty I owe to the black race is to ensure the disintegration of nigeria. I take this stand because I strongly believe that one of the nations that will emerge from the ashes of nigeria will lead the black race to greatness.

TO DISINTEGRATE THE NIGERIAN DUNGEON IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE IN THE INTEREST OF THE BLACK RACE cool

cheesy
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ballabriggs: 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
My responsibility to Nigeria is to expose fraudsters like Fraudulent Nigerian, Omokri aka Losthope, Tararqa and the other foot soldiers of the fraudulent leadership.

Such people bent on selling the soul of Nigeria for a bowl of nkwobi have no place in a progressive society. That I am doing and will continue to do to make my nation great.

You see what Fraudulent Nigerian talks about is "change". If change was such an easy process where everyone just starts acting the "right way" overnight, then we won't have to study implementing and managing change. We will just sit and assume everyone will start acting right overnight.

Leaders drive change, leaders implement change, leaders take ultimate responsibility for change and leaders manage change as change is a part of leadership. Read books on change to have a better understanding of how the process works, it is not a 'bolekaja' process. Read Julia Balogun's book on change in a business context. Read Fernandez and Rainey's work in a public policy context.

One big rubbish I continue to read is "leaders are a reflection of the people". Nigerians are super good people, better than most of the he-goats called their leaders. They organise their communities, buy and maintain their transformers for electricity, provide their water, employ people to secure their environments, build health centers, contribute to building their schools whilst their leaders smile to the bank. They serve their country in the harshest condition in the name of NYSC.

It is a big fallacy to say they cannot produce leaders better than the rubbish they have at the moment. Where did the likes of Awolowo come from? Was Awo at the same level of thought as the ordinary man? He had a vision and he drove his people towards that vision, he made his people see through his lenses and he raised many more leaders. I may not agree with everything about him but I cannot deny his leadership qualities.

And there are many more Awo's out there. What we need to do is to get them in the right places.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
My duty to my country, my home, my love is loyalty, patriotism. I as a person understands quite clearly that in many cases, more often than not this nation has failed me/ nigerians.

However , in spite of our inadequacies, our short comings, we have been able to see change, growth in many areas, it might not be all encompassing, not as much as we would have hoped for, but change nonetheless.

I do not want to live a sad life, I cannot afford to always read stories from sahara reporters, lest I'd be depressed. That is not what I want from life, or for my country. Our leaders are a reflection of our society, bad leaders do not just fall from heaven, they are born out of our thoughts and deeds. The tribalism which our founding fathers propagated has no place in our society( AWO, zick, ahmadu bello), we have seen how in 2012 achebe wants to draw us back into the CIVIL WAR ERA. We cannot continue to dwell in the past, in the present or else there would be no future. We should let go of the past, but carry along vital lessons learnt, so we do not make the same mistakes in the future.

We can continue to blame our leaders all we like, in many areas, it is justified, however nigeria, we must always remember, is just a name, there can never be a nigeria without nigerians. our shortcomings is a nation is a result of our collective nonchalance towards nation building by all and sundry by both government and people.

However, we have seen growth there are 55million nigerians in middle class of a population of 168 million people, we can build on what we have achieved so far and make it uniquely nigerian. A brand. I like to always draw comparism between nigeria and both brazil and india ( 6th and 10th most richest countries in the world), like nigeria these aformention countries share many similarities, like nigeria, brazil had suffered many military coups in the past and crime is very prevalent in brazil. And like nigeria, india has a large population( well larger than nigeria, diverse, multi lingual and multi religious), with over 60% living below the poverty line/ terrorism.

Yet brazil and india have managed to grow well past these in adequacies, and built an empire of a nation for themselves . They are no push overs in world politics. The similarities these nations have with nigeria are glaring. We can copy the india and brazilian model and make uniquely nigerian. Change/ growth has to come,' na by force', but it starts with you and I as nigerians, first doing the write things. We can start by first quit the littering of our streets, things as small as that could/ would go along way in changing perceptions and attitudes.

We all desire a great, prosperous nigeria, we should stand up / do the right thing and work towards it. We cannot sit at home all day and only criticise the government in power. We are literally the government in power as our leaders potray attitudes seen in the citizens. They are a reflection of our society.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ba7man(m): 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Lets see your design? which package are you using?

Same ol same Auto Caad 2011 for my designs and Working drawings. 3-D Max for my 3-D representations. I and my partner designed the building below(For our Chairman sha), its a proposal for a small Airport .

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by takedat(m): 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
@Sincere9gerian, was thinking praise singing Jonathan's government is the only similarity you share with Okupe but now I know there is more to it as you are both failed medical doctors turned attack dogs!

@Topic, BRB!

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by alex101(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2013
GARRI (x7):

If Ndu_Chuks catch you, you're on your own ooo!!

cheesy cheesy
Bros, pay no mind to that criminal aboki. Them ewusa/fulani miserable lives depend on one-nigeria, but again the entire black race is more important than what them and their southern mouth-piece desire. grin
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by alex101(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
ekt_bear:

cheesy
Happy new year bro cool
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Rhino5dm: 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
Brilliant! Well, I design houses too, and I explore various software out there. Autocad is good but too analog per say for real time production modeling. The 2013 is bit more enhanced, away from usual stressful memorizing of commands and all that. I run stress analysis and do RC detailing( very Important!) A client once asked me, Why can't I use 150 mm RC columns and beams on his 2-storey building. . .I told him its not possible and we argued until I showed him FEM analysis and animated load simulation of his building collapsing under load, though I exaggerated the loads, cos he failed to understand the importance BS 8110 requirements.

Been using the 2013 for a while now, enhanced surface modeling tools and, enhanced UI, enhanced prompt option and most importantly, the interactive data-base, single key command search.

Okay, 3D max is my favourite renderer too, very useful when rendering inanimate objects like that airport, houses , but prefer Maya when doing characters. what I like about 3D max is the Mental Ray build-in rendering engine. I have Vray, but still use mental ray, cos of low memory requirements during rendering and the in build utilities like MR sun, MR sky and very easy to set up and achieve HD animation of both interior and exterior scenes . . . I can send you ONE of my design via pm, if you want to peep cool

By the way, nice design you gat . . .incase you need some help, start a new thread and call my attention to it cool

ba7man: Same ol same Auto Caad 2011 for my designs and Working drawings. 3-D Max for my 3-D representations. I and my partner designed the building below(For our Chairman sha), its a proposal for a small Airport .
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Rhino5dm: 11:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
Bros stop licking arssss and make good use of your brain by rendering services to communities around Enugu. You can't seat all day long looking for non - existing project from evil PDP to post. Thank me later cool

Sincere 9gerian:
Impressive!
I'm a medical doctor. Initially, I worked at the general outpatient department of a govt hospital. In all modesty, I gave my all to the work then, at least as much as my knowledge and experience could carry me. Personally, I was continuously learning and improving so as to give as up-to-date medical care as possible to my patients.

Though I'm currently not practicing, but I'm writting a medical text that I hope will help general practitioners offer the best possible curative and preventive medical care. I started writting the book a year and half ago and I hope to finish this year because I'v gone past halfway. I decided to write the book because while practicing, I observed several gray areas (disconnect between conventional texts/under-graduate training and field experience) and ambiguity. Then, whenever I had difficulty in diagnosis or treatment choice, I did a thorough research on that particular case (in addition to consultation with my seniors). At a stage, I decided to thoroughly research atleast the common medical conditions and write down practical things that could be helpful in patient management at the clinic or hospital ward. That was how I found myself writing a book.

When I conclude my other private business in a few months time, I'll enlist in a residency programme in laboratory medicine ( chemical pathology or histopathology).

What else? I'm sincere 9gerian. I dont cheat other people. I do to others what I wish they do to me.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ektbear: 5:36am On Feb 10, 2013
alex101: Happy new year bro cool

Happy new year. I hope that all is well.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ba7man(m): 6:46am On Feb 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Brilliant! Well, I design houses too, and I explore various software out there. Autocad is good but too analog per say for real time production modeling. The 2013 is bit more enhanced, away from usual stressful memorizing of commands and all that. I run stress analysis and do RC detailing( very Important!) A client once asked me, Why can't I use 150 mm RC columns and beams on his 2-storey building. . .I told him its not possible and we argued until I showed him FEM analysis and animated load simulation of his building collapsing under load, though I exaggerated the loads, cos he failed to understand the importance BS 8110 requirements.

Been using the 2013 for a while now, enhanced surface modeling tools and, enhanced UI, enhanced prompt option and most importantly, the interactive data-base, single key command search.

Okay, 3D max is my favourite renderer too, very useful when rendering inanimate objects like that airport, houses , but prefer Maya when doing characters. what I like about 3D max is the Mental Ray build-in rendering engine. I have Vray, but still use mental ray, cos of low memory requirements during rendering and the in build utilities like MR sun, MR sky and very easy to set up and achieve HD animation of both interior and exterior scenes . . . I can send you ONE of my design via pm, if you want to peep cool

By the way, nice design you gat . . .incase you need some help, start a new thread and call my attention to it cool

Lol!!....You're so right about Auto-caad 2011 being analogue. My brain has learnt to function on auto-pilot concerning that but i definitely need to upgrade. That's nice, you also design structures. I don't mess around with the type of Structural Engineers i work with, that's a very delicate area of construction. Wouldn't mind seeing some of your works too. Thanks for the design Compliment, i actually copied a Zaha-Hadid building and simplified it to ease construction. We could work together in the near future, you sound like someone that will bamboozle a client with professional talk.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 10, 2013
This thread has suddenly turned to a meeting point for intellectuals. That is good but we shouldn't derail the thread.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Rhino5dm: 9:25am On Feb 10, 2013
I do everything, from drafting, 3D models, stress analysis (Von misses or Tresaca), Finite element Analysis (FEA), Design of structural members i.e. RC, Steel, Aluminum or Timber according to code ACI 318 or BS 8110 and based on automatic loading combination, ASD, LRFD i.e. taking accounts of dead, live, wind, temperature and other funny types of loading like seismic.

soil test results is very important, if the project is very big or more than 4 decks to know the depths of piling to be done on foundation.

I Render both interior or exterior, walkthrough animations of both interior or exterior, costing of material or BIM, supervise foundation laying.

Funny, I'm neither an architect or structural engineer. . .Taking about clients? I'm well prepared to always scare them from asking any question.

Autocad won't allow you design a mind blowing roofing system in 3D, unique structures or other mind blowing streamline surfaces accurately . The software is limited in its ability to define and translate shape of surface. Though, very good for drafting. . . .2013 version is enhanced, with more NURBS capability and its respective commands, but years behind other high end software.

The guys at Autodesk Inc are frauds! They call it business acumen by squeezing money out of their clients and I call it thieving.

Why can't they merge the capability of Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3D max, Autodesk 3D civil, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Mechanical, Autodesk Electrical, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Detailing, Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis and make it a ONE Stop software? . . or at least group similar alternative applications into one like combining 3D max and Maya into one or 3D civil, Highway, Autocad, Autodesk Detailing and Revit architecture into one?. . .P & ID and other similar packages into one?

I had to borrow license of Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk RSA and Autodesk Detailing to accomplish a simple structural design I did for a multinational cos they insisted in seeing my software license as part of their quality management requirements.

yeah, why should someone obtain 3 licenses instead of one?

Thank God for trial version and cracks cool. . .Heck, why should someone in Nigeria cough out more than 15 thousand dollars to buy licensees before operating his small design firm? Ori won o pe!.

Autodesk Automobile is more than 40 thousands dollars! Make them dey there dey jones.

Thanks to the Chinese and Russians for always making the cracks available in time.

Well, I see Autodesk ending up like BlackBerry in the nearest future. . .cool

ba7man: Lol!!....You're so right about Auto-caad 2011 being analogue. My brain has learnt to function on auto-pilot concerning that but i definitely need to upgrade. That's nice, you also design structures. I don't mess around with the type of Structural Engineers i work with, that's a very delicate area of construction. Wouldn't mind seeing some of your works too. Thanks for the design Compliment, i actually copied a Zaha-Hadid building and simplified it to ease construction. We could work together in the near future, you sound like someone that will bamboozle a client with professional talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Rhino5dm: 10:09am On Feb 10, 2013
I owe you some pictures, wish I can drop a link here. . . I'll pm you some generic designs I did.

By the way, I think you should be able to apply sky to your environment on that airport model. . . .I see a very good design, good landscape but poor camera position. I think the problem is you are using "Daylight System" , which can sacrifice any sky background. . . .Once you apply "Daylight", then your environment background goes off.

Imagine placing a 35mm target camera on that scene capturing part of the scene and through to a lovely sky background? Marvelous!

what you need in your scene is to put Skylight and Sunlight, avoid using "Daylight" . . .if you need more lights in the scene, apply extra lights like Omni or photemetric lights. with these you can have more control over your illumination and still put a nice sky background on your environment.Ambient occlusion and Final Gather.

I hardly use Daylight System on a exterior scene.

Personally, I think Daylight is good when rendering interior model.

Daylight System, MR skylight portal, Global Illumination and Final Gather does the trick when rendering interior model. . .and ofcourse, ambient occlusion of each material slots should be on.

ba7man: Lol!!....You're so right about Auto-caad 2011 being analogue. My brain has learnt to function on auto-pilot concerning that but i definitely need to upgrade. That's nice, you also design structures. I don't mess around with the type of Structural Engineers i work with, that's a very delicate area of construction. Wouldn't mind seeing some of your works too. Thanks for the design Compliment, i actually copied a Zaha-Hadid building and simplified it to ease construction. We could work together in the near future, you sound like someone that will bamboozle a client with professional talk.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 10, 2013
@Moderator...front page pls!
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by ba7man(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2013
@ Rhino.5dm. You are such a nerd!!!..That's good b'cos u're versed in your topic. I humbly specialize in refurbishment and space analysis for effective building developments....Eg I was able to fit 6, 3bedroom duplexes on a single plot....and 2 out of the 3rooms were en-suite and they were standard sizes. Terrace designs backing each other with the internal being open plan format to reduce cost.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Ngwakwe: 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2013
For the fact that every Nigerian pays VAT (Value Added Tax) to this irresponsible and unaccountable Government for consuming most goods and services in this country makes Every Nigeria responsible citizen.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: For the fact that every Nigerian pays VAT (Value Added Tax) to this irresponsible and unaccountable Government for consuming most goods and services in this country makes Every Nigeria responsible citizen.
Responsibility of citizens shouldn't begin and end with payment of VAT. Citizens responsibilities include voting, seeking for political offices, demand for accountability, diligence in the discharge of ones duties, assistance of law enforcement agents, wealth creation, etc
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Rhino5dm: 1:47pm On Feb 10, 2013
Okay, lemme give you little secret that will go a long way in making a stress- free design.

Most a times, you hear people telling you they have " Standard 50 by 50" or "100 by 50" and what not, but in actual size that land might by smaller or even bigger and ofcourse can never be a perfect square or rectangle. so, I device a means of starting all my building designs on the actual land size.

First, I will collect your survey plan, extract the surveyed coordinates of the beacons and plot them in any CAD package I intend to use, that will make me have control over the space in real time.

With additional data like number of cars you have, what type of bathroom you want i.e. you a Jacuzzi (browse the actual size), kitchen size. I will place everything on the already plotted space in real time. After which I will then extract the coordinates of respective edges of the foundations for onward site positioning and foundation laying. Some clients may hire a building firm and may want to have foundation staked out using total station.

All I do is to extract the associated coordinates of the designs and convert them to .dxf formats, which is readable to most total station out there. Getting it done at a mind blowing accuracy of plus or minus 10 mm.
Well, I hope this will be my last post on this thread . . . .am here to catch fun and ease tension. Lemme go attack some PDP guys cool

Just give me your survey plan and tell me whatever design you want. All my designs MUST be in 3D! The most difficult aspect of designing a house in 3D is when you have multiple complex roofing to make.

ba7man: @ Rhino.5dm. You are such a nerd!!!..That's good b'cos u're versed in your topic. I humbly specialize in refurbishment and space analysis for effective building developments....Eg I was able to fit 6, 3bedroom duplexes on a single plot....and 2 out of the 3rooms were en-suite and they were standard sizes. Terrace designs backing each other with the internal being open plan format to reduce cost.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Ngwakwe: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
We voted to oust T. A. Orji in Abia State, but the PDP rigged the election. When we protested to protect our votes, they used the military and the guns to subjugate the electorates. Some people lost their lives in the process and justice is not forth coming.

What sacrifice is greater than loss of live.

Sincere 9gerian:
Responsibility of citizens shouldn't begin and end with payment of VAT. Citizens responsibilities include voting, seeking for political offices, demand for accountability, diligence in the discharge of ones duties, assistance of law enforcement agents, wealth creation, etc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Traditional Rulers Endorsed & Prayed For President Jonathan In Owerri- Pics / Soldiers Detain NAN Photojournalist At EFCC Convocation / Biafra National Guard Claims Responsibility For Attack On Abia Police Hqs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.