Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,739 members, 7,837,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? (18922 Views)

Why All These Hatred By South Africans Towards Nigeria(ns) / Western Foreign Policy Change Towards Nigeria? / What Is Your Overall Mood Towards Nigeria And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by maasoap(m): 5:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
To tell Uncle Jona and his thieving administration to fear God.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Freezle(m): 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
So nice to see nairaland coming back to the time of where serious people come together to share their thoughts.
Nice of you
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
[b]I believe i owe this great Nation alot of responsibility in other to better this Nation.Though after graduating from the University and was slapped by the reality of not being employed for three good years i had to leave the country that is not to say my parent are rich but i was able to leave the country by the grace of God.Irrespective of the harsh treatment i had after graduation that did not stop me from representing Nigeria and contributing my little capacity.I and other few Nigerians joined in Organising the Subsidy protest in two major cities in the country i reside sometime in january 2012.Apart from that i and a couple of friends every year organise a gathering of Nigerians to celebrate our Independence day and also invite people from other Nationality to learn about what the country has to offer and also so many lost Nigerians we try to educate them of the need to imbibe the Nigerian culture and encourage them to visit home and if possible come home to invest if the need arises and in so doing uses the forum to rebrand Nigeria and making them know that Nigeria is not totally bad as the western media do portray.Apart from that i still make sure i respect the Nigerian anthem whenever it is being sung even before the start of a Nigerian match even though i am watching in online.I also try as much as possible to live a good and crime free life worthy of a good Nigerian in so doing i will not be a reproach or a bad model of a Nigerian.For the now that is the little i can offer pending other opportunity that i may have to carry out my responsibility as a typical Nigerian.[/b]

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by chessguru1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
A-town:

You have a point. At the same time, you still have to blame the government. That is why you have the phrase "we the people" to describe "government" The reason governments are created is to curb/checkmate the excesses of the populace. People learn from what they see. IF the govt starts behaving better, it will also trickle down.
Is it not this same Nigeria (zillion years back) that people used to leave their goods on trays/tables with prices on them and head to the farm while buyers would simply pick their purchse and place the money there. What changed? The answer is simple - Government.
So the question now becomes; where is the starting point?
If this indeed is a circular problem,(corrupt populace yielding corrupt leaders which in turn promote futher corruption among the polity)then where will d solution come from.
I agree that it should be the government, but since we have block heads and slow pokes there, what do we then do? Continue following their pattern of corruption senselessly while waiting for our own turn to take a swipe at the "national cake"?
Sometimes, its not about doing one great thing, but by doing small things in a great way.
If we all did little things in a great way, maybe the difference we all want to see will become possible.
A typical example of doing little things in a great way would be for SEUN to start filtering the amount of tribalistic garbage that makes it to d FP.
The mods should leave those threads in the politics section!!
I know what the negative effects of viewing those kind of threads has done to me psychologically since I joined NL. There are some kind of sentiments that I know I never had until I started viewing NL.
Naira land should be a source of unification and not the opposite
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by chessguru1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
chingyjant: [b]I believe i owe this great Nation alot of responsibility in other to better this Nation.Though after graduating from the University and was slapped by the reality of not being employed for three good years i had to leave the country that is not to say my parent are rich but i was able to leave the country by the grace of God.Irrespective of the harsh treatment i had after graduation that did not stop me from representing Nigeria and contributing my little capacity.I and other few Nigerians joined in Organising the Subsidy protest in two major cities in the country i reside sometime in january 2012.Apart from that i and a couple of friends every year organise a gathering of Nigerians to celebrate our Independence day and also invite people from other Nationality to learn about what the country has to offer and also so many lost Nigerians we try to educate them of the need to imbibe the Nigerian culture and encourage them to visit home and if possible come home to invest if the need arises and in so doing uses the forum to rebrand Nigeria and making them know that Nigeria is not totally bad as the western media do portray.Apart from that i still make sure i respect the Nigerian anthem whenever it is being sung even before the start of a Nigerian match even though i am watching in online.I also try as much as possible to live a good and crime free life worthy of a good Nigerian in so doing i will not be a reproach or a bad model of a Nigerian.For the now that is the little i can offer pending other opportunity that i may have to carry out my responsibility as a typical Nigerian.[/b]
Am impressed. Keep it up
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by chessguru1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'll not waste my time and energy producing this sort of thread again since they dont make front page anyway.

Hence forth, its either copy and paste or partisan topics. For such topics, I dont care if they make front page or not.
REJOICE na. Its in d FP!! *etigi tins*
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: A Nigerian is anyone, male or female, who has his or her origin in Nigeria. Are you a Nigerian? I am a Nigerian by birth. I expect that over 90% of persons who open this thread are Nigerians, mostly by birth.

Being a Nigerian means we have a responsibility towards Nigeria. If we want Nigeria to be great, and I expect every Nigerian to so want, then the responsibility is on you and I to do things that will make Nigeria great.

The so called advanced countries are where they are today due to the COLLECTIVE effort of their citizens, both leaders and followers. Majority of the citizens of those countries take RESPONSIBILITY for making their country great. It was the Ex-president of America, John F. Kennedy, who made the famous statement- "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country".

Yes, Nigeria may not have done much for most of us. Yes, our leaders, past and present, may have performed below expectation and in some cases woefully. I for instance hold the opinion that most of our founding fathers- including Awo, Zik and Ahmadu Bello- created the dis-unity and ethnoreliguous sentiments we see today. Yes, Nigeria in the past may have hurt many of us. For instance, I feel terribly hurt by the fact that Nigeria, between 1966 and 1970, supervised the massacre of over 50,000 easterners in a pogrom and another 2million in an avoidable civil war.

But not withstanding these mis-givings, Nigeria is our one and only country, and whatever we make of it affects you and I directly or indirectly.

Critical self introspection by every Nigerian, home and abroad, will reveal the connection between our individual BAD BEHAVIOUR and most of the problems plagueing our country. The BAD BEHAVIOUR of you and I will add up to destroy the country while good behaviour by the majority will add up to build the country. For instance, school teachers who encourage examination mal-practices should see the connection between their BAD BEHAVIOUR and multitude of un-employable graduates, high unemployment rate, morally bankrupt/incompetent leaders,etc. The medical practitioners should see the connection between their actions/inactions and low life expectancy in Nigeria (estimated to be 47yrs), high infant and maternal mortality rates,etc. The legal practitioners who unduly prolong court cases should see the connection between their antics and monumental corruption in the country. The parents who fail in giving their children proper upbringing are simply churning out more potential criminals and looters. The moderators on NL who speedily push negative news in Nigeria to the front page should see the damage they'r doing to the IMAGE of this country. And so on and so forth.

Consequently, every Nigerian should take RESPONSIBILITY for creating the great Nigeria we desire. As individuals, teachers, lecturers, legal practitioners, medical practitioners, parents, sports men/women, politicians, students, etc we should DO THE RIGHT THING. The professionals should give 100% at work place and the COMMON GOOD should be top priority. By so doing, you and I will be building the great Nigeria of our dreams
I have come to discover that most Nigerians can't even do a jack for this country in their own little way that is why so many people have shun this thread.SMH it is clear that Nigerians are good at criticising as witnessed in the insults petted to the super Eagles and the Coach during the initial stages of the AFCON and criticism of the Present Administration and can't do better if they are in the position to effect a change on this great nation.This is a sign that Nigeria as a country still have a long way to go.The future is still vague for the nation with this attitude coming from her youths
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by chessguru1(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
ballabriggs: My responsibility to Nigeria is to expose fraudsters like Fraudulent Nigerian, Omokri aka Losthope, Tararqa and the other foot soldiers of the fraudulent leadership.

Such people bent on selling the soul of Nigeria for a bowl of nkwobi have no place in a progressive society. That I am doing and will continue to do to make my nation great.

You see what Fraudulent Nigerian talks about is "change". If change was such an easy process where everyone just starts acting the "right way" overnight, then we won't have to study implementing and managing change. We will just sit and assume everyone will start acting right overnight.

Leaders drive change, leaders implement change, leaders take ultimate responsibility for change and leaders manage change as change is a part of leadership. Read books on change to have a better understanding of how the process works, it is not a 'bolekaja' process. Read Julia Balogun's book on change in a business context. Read Fernandez and Rainey's work in a public policy context.

One big rubbish I continue to read is "leaders are a reflection of the people". Nigerians are super good people, better than most of the he-goats called their leaders. They organise their communities, buy and maintain their transformers for electricity, provide their water, employ people to secure their environments, build health centers, contribute to building their schools whilst their leaders smile to the bank. They serve their country in the harshest condition in the name of NYSC.

It is a big fallacy to say they cannot produce leaders better than the rubbish they have at the moment. Where did the likes of Awolowo come from? Was Awo at the same level of thought as the ordinary man? He had a vision and he drove his people towards that vision, he made his people see through his lenses and he raised many more leaders. I may not agree with everything about him but I cannot deny his leadership qualities.

And there are many more Awo's out there. What we need to do is to get them in the right places.
How to get them to the right place is the question.
We say we want change yet we still continue with petty sentimentality and myopisim.
Are we going to go pass the stage where we vote based on who we know can deliver, instead of voting based on where they come from.
We cry that we want change, but are not ready to make sacrifices for that change.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by chessguru1(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Freezle: So nice to see nairaland coming back to the time of where serious people come together to share their thoughts.
Nice of you
Am telling you. This is how a forum ought to be. Not people coming here to transfer their aggressions.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
chess guru:
So the question now becomes; where is the starting point?
If this indeed is a circular problem,(corrupt populace yielding corrupt leaders which in turn promote futher corruption among the polity)then where will d solution come from.
I agree that it should be the government, but since we have block heads and slow pokes there, what do we then do? Continue following their pattern of corruption senselessly while waiting for our own turn to take a swipe at the "national cake"?
Sometimes, its not about doing one great thing, but by doing small things in a great way.
If we all did little things in a great way, maybe the difference we all want to see will become possible.
A typical example of doing little things in a great way would be for SEUN to start filtering the amount of tribalistic garbage that makes it to d FP.
The mods should leave those threads in the politics section!!
I know what the negative effects of viewing those kind of threads has done to me psychologically since I joined NL. There are some kind of sentiments that I know I never had until I started viewing NL.
Naira land should be a source of unification and not the opposite

The solution is simple EDUCATE the populace. We are a nation of illiterates. Yes i said it. Better enlightenment/proper education would make people resist bribes to steal ballot boxes and a whole lot of other attrocities that WE THE PEOPLE help the politicians commit. Then again, the politicians are the ones in charge of the educational system so i guess we are SCREWED.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
chess guru:
REJOICE na. Its in d FP!! *etigi tins*
Seriously, I was surprised to see the thread on front page after several days of being in the doldrums.
Maybe it was due to Seun's intervention. Anyway, I'm glad that someone somewhere intervened.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Seriously, I was surprised to see the thread on front page after several days of being in the doldrums.
Maybe its due to Seun's intervention. Anyway, I'm glad that someone somewhere intervened.
these are the kind of topics you should create and not topics to discredit opposition governors.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Amasuccess: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
Nice topic. ,but in all fairness,what makes any nation great is equity, fairness and justice... Everyone should have a good sense of belonging,knowledge of acceptance, enjoyment of equal right and general love and recognition, should be the watch word...again, those are what make patroitise a natural human nature.

A house divided against itself cannot stand successfully.

The world is not a small place, but a round place.

We need to right all wrongs for what goes around comes around.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
chingyjant: [b]I believe i owe this great Nation alot of responsibility in other to better this Nation.Though after graduating from the University and was slapped by the reality of not being employed for three good years i had to leave the country that is not to say my parent are rich but i was able to leave the country by the grace of God.Irrespective of the harsh treatment i had after graduation that did not stop me from representing Nigeria and contributing my little capacity.I and other few Nigerians joined in Organising the Subsidy protest in two major cities in the country i reside sometime in january 2012.Apart from that i and a couple of friends every year organise a gathering of Nigerians to celebrate our Independence day and also invite people from other Nationality to learn about what the country has to offer and also so many lost Nigerians we try to educate them of the need to imbibe the Nigerian culture and encourage them to visit home and if possible come home to invest if the need arises and in so doing uses the forum to rebrand Nigeria and making them know that Nigeria is not totally bad as the western media do portray.Apart from that i still make sure i respect the Nigerian anthem whenever it is being sung even before the start of a Nigerian match even though i am watching in online.I also try as much as possible to live a good and crime free life worthy of a good Nigerian in so doing i will not be a reproach or a bad model of a Nigerian.For the now that is the little i can offer pending other opportunity that i may have to carry out my responsibility as a typical Nigerian.[/b]
I commend you for doing that much towards a progressive Nigeria.

We would have started making tremendous progress as a nation the day most Nigerians start doing their little bit and stop finger pointing.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by modicum: 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
"If the leadership of a country does not care about its citizens, why should the citizens care about the country?
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
modicum: "If the leadership of a country does not care about its citizens, why should the citizens care about the country?

Because we have no other place to call home. Over here in England, I am addicted to Nairaland, counting down every paycheck until the day I can finally return home. Nigeria is not perfect, we all know this. Heck, if Nigeria was a better place, I would never have needed to leave in the first place. But at the end of the day, home is home. Nigeria is where I was born. It is there I will have children and die.
Just because a country has a corrupt government which is disconnected from the people it governs does not then rubbish the entire nation of 170 million people. We are the largest sovereign Black nation on earth, and if Black people worldwide are to have any redemption, it will start in NIGERIA. That is the way things are.
I prefer to spend every minute of every day working for the betterment of my country than trying to escape and forget about where I was born.
How I wish Nigerians can learn to separate "Nigeria" from the "the government of Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
daz_york:

Because we have no other place to call home. Over here in England, I am addicted to Nairaland, counting down every paycheck until the day I can finally return home. Nigeria is not perfect, we all know this. Heck, if Nigeria was a better place, I would never have needed to leave in the first place. But at the end of the day, home is home. Nigeria is where I was born. It is there I will have children and die.
Just because a country has a corrupt government which is disconnected from the people it governs does not then rubbish the entire nation of 170 million people. We are the largest sovereign Black nation on earth, and if Black people worldwide are to have any redemption, it will start in NIGERIA. That is the way things are.
I prefer to spend every minute of every day working for the betterment of my country than trying to escape and forget about where I was born.
How I wish Nigerians can learn to separate "Nigeria" from the "the government of Nigeria".

It is not enough to talk talk talk. If we were all sincere, none of us would have left Nigeria. If you/me/i/we sincerely wanted to effect change, we would have never left. We all left for OUR selfish reasons which is to BETTER OURSELVES. All that i am loyal, i will return to effect change, i love my country nonsense na pure water. Most people return when they've made enough money only to start businesses in nigeria not to help but to grow their richess. The people who i salute are those who actually are in the country and effecting change rather than commenting on a forum. This is not a personal attack. I am also guilty of this.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by NeuroBoss(m): 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
I'm a Zoologist by training and freshly graduated. I'm also a polyglot currently working on the acquisition of my tenth language all aimed at fostering world unity and of course Nigerian and also to achieve my dream of being a global enterpreneur.
As a concerned Nigerian, I have always had the passion to alleviate and if possible eradicate the scourge of unemployment and poverty ravaging the nation. In my own little way, I have started a business in a very important sector of the economy that employs massively. I'm making progress. I will be most fulfilled the day I check the staff database of my company and alas! I have atleast a million workers and this will probably translate to me being the single biggest taxpayer in Nigeria. Nothing feels better than knowing you've helped some people sustained a good living. I shall remind you guys of this in the next 10 years when my dreams must have been fulfilled. God help me! God help you! God help Nigeria!
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by fussion: 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
I believe, any one who feel to be a true Nigerian, should every morning recite the National Pledge,by doing this and try to understand what it really mean, will help to guide you to perform your duty in a positive way in other to uphold and hounor your Country,it doesn't necessarilly mean that you must be rich or build a company to employ others,rather the little QUOTA everyone of us can contribute in order to build our nation collectively, can be of,a great archievement.

I pledge to Nigeria my country…..

I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest. To serve Nigeria with all my strength, to defend her unity, uphold her honour and glory, so help me God.”
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by occam(m): 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: A Nigerian is anyone, male or female, who has his or her origin in Nigeria. Are you a Nigerian? I am a Nigerian by birth. I expect that over 90% of persons who open this thread are Nigerians, mostly by birth.

Being a Nigerian means we have a responsibility towards Nigeria. If we want Nigeria to be great, and I expect every Nigerian to so want, then the responsibility is on you and I to do things that will make Nigeria great.

The so called advanced countries are where they are today due to the COLLECTIVE effort of their citizens, both leaders and followers. Majority of the citizens of those countries take RESPONSIBILITY for making their country great. It was the Ex-president of America, John F. Kennedy, who made the famous statement- "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country".

Yes, Nigeria may not have done much for most of us. Yes, our leaders, past and present, may have performed below expectation and in some cases woefully. I for instance hold the opinion that most of our founding fathers- including Awo, Zik and Ahmadu Bello- created the dis-unity and ethnoreliguous sentiments we see today. Yes, Nigeria in the past may have hurt many of us. For instance, I feel terribly hurt by the fact that Nigeria, between 1966 and 1970, supervised the massacre of over 50,000 easterners in a pogrom and another 2million in an avoidable civil war.

But not withstanding these mis-givings, Nigeria is our one and only country, and whatever we make of it affects you and I directly or indirectly.

Critical self introspection by every Nigerian, home and abroad, will reveal the connection between our individual BAD BEHAVIOUR and most of the problems plagueing our country. The BAD BEHAVIOUR of you and I will add up to destroy the country while good behaviour by the majority will add up to build the country. For instance, school teachers who encourage examination mal-practices should see the connection between their BAD BEHAVIOUR and multitude of un-employable graduates, high unemployment rate, morally bankrupt/incompetent leaders,etc. The medical practitioners should see the connection between their actions/inactions and low life expectancy in Nigeria (estimated to be 47yrs), high infant and maternal mortality rates,etc. The legal practitioners who unduly prolong court cases should see the connection between their antics and monumental corruption in the country. The parents who fail in giving their children proper upbringing are simply churning out more potential criminals and looters. The moderators on NL who speedily push negative news in Nigeria to the front page should see the damage they'r doing to the IMAGE of this country. And so on and so forth.

Consequently, every Nigerian should take RESPONSIBILITY for creating the great Nigeria we desire. As individuals, teachers, lecturers, legal practitioners, medical practitioners, parents, sports men/women, politicians, students, etc we should DO THE RIGHT THING. The professionals should give 100% at work place and the COMMON GOOD should be top priority. By so doing, you and I will be building the great Nigeria of our dreams

Free Nigerians from the yoke of oppression. Far too many people have internalized mediocrity and accepted the status quo. And when educated people continue to tell us that the ineptitude of the corrupt politicians is acceptable, we'll remain in same spot while other nations advance.

Poverty has destroyed the psyche and aspirations of too many. People no longer aspire to greatness but are contented to eek out a living in a rich and resourceful country. What an irony.

Senate president earns millions of dollars every year, yet the average 25 yr old has never earned a dime in his life.

This your preaching must start with the corrupt and nefarious gang in Abuja and other state capitals. Nuff said!
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
The various contributions so far have been impressive. This thread is a breath of fresh air.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by pazienza(m): 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
alex101: My duty is not to the dungeon called nigeria, rather it's to the black race, and this duty I owe to the black race is to ensure the disintegration of nigeria. I take this stand because I strongly believe that one of the nations that will emerge from the ashes of nigeria will lead the black race to greatness.

TO DISINTEGRATE THE NIGERIAN DUNGEON IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE IN THE INTEREST OF THE BLACK RACE cool

Yea. This is more like it. This is the duty i owe my unborn kids and the black race in general.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Lanretoye(m): 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
responsibilities towards nigeria...thats not a good one.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by justmythought: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
[size=14pt]A CASE FOR SOCIAL WHISTLE-BLOWING[/size]

A whistleblower (whistle-blower or whistle blower) is a person who tells the public or someone in authority about alleged dishonest or illegal activities (misconduct) occurring in a government department or private company or organization. The alleged misconduct may be classified in many ways; for example, a violation of a law, rule, regulation and/or a direct threat to public interest, such as fraud, health/safety violations, and corruption. Whistleblowers may make their allegations internally (for example, to other people within the accused organization) or externally (to regulators, law enforcement agencies, to the media or to groups concerned with the issues)(wikepedia.com)

In the social context, whistle blowing might involve reporting to appropriate authorities, sharp practices amongst us as citizens. As Nigerians, we see every day a guy/lady in dunlop slippers today, driving all sorts of exotic cars and what not the next day. We all know there is no smoke without fire!!! in other words, no reward without verifiable hardwork.

The fact remains, for every micro-corrupt act from a Nigerian - Home and Abroad, we all suffer. I would like to bring your attention to what I discovered recently. If you have been following Nigerian social media, you might have heard of some cyber criminals(at least we hope)who were arrested and arraigned by EFCC. [url]http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/01/07/mercedes-benz-suv-range-rover-sport-other-exotic-cars-seized-as-efcc-arrest-yahoo-boys-at-1004-in-lagos/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BellaNaija+%28Bella+Naija%29[/url] The alleged ring leader Hope Olusegun is praised in the music video of a "Reminisce" (Title: 2mussh @ 2:17). Earlier Musicians have fallen for this trend like the Wasius promoting drug dealers and fraudsters (Ade bendel et al).

As we celebrate these criminals(consciously or otherwise), we celebrate criminal acts and as such, sell our MORAL values for nothing in return but, extended agony.

In summation, besides maintaining personal uprightness, MY RESPONSIBILITY and may be YOURS or preferably OURS is to whistle-blow every yahoo boy plus criminal acts we suspect home and abroad, as the profits of these 20pc affect us all. Based on the law of averages, If we can send a shock to the spine of micro-scale corruption in our society, albeit in bits, we can have a Nigeria worth dying for.

In prosperity, LONG LIVE the 110 Million youths of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Pororo(f): 2:37am On Feb 14, 2013
Be a good ambassador and give it a good name wherever I am.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by juman(m): 11:34am On Feb 14, 2013
To make this country break up.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
ballabriggs: My responsibility to Nigeria is to expose fraudsters like Fraudulent Nigerian, Omokri aka Losthope, Tararqa and the other foot soldiers of the fraudulent leadership.

Such people bent on selling the soul of Nigeria for a bowl of nkwobi have no place in a progressive society. That I am doing and will continue to do to make my nation great.

You see what Fraudulent Nigerian talks about is "change". If change was such an easy process where everyone just starts acting the "right way" overnight, then we won't have to study implementing and managing change. We will just sit and assume everyone will start acting right overnight.

Leaders drive change, leaders implement change, leaders take ultimate responsibility for change and leaders manage change as change is a part of leadership. Read books on change to have a better understanding of how the process works, it is not a 'bolekaja' process. Read Julia Balogun's book on change in a business context. Read Fernandez and Rainey's work in a public policy context.

One big rubbish I continue to read is "leaders are a reflection of the people". Nigerians are super good people, better than most of the he-goats called their leaders. They organise their communities, buy and maintain their transformers for electricity, provide their water, employ people to secure their environments, build health centers, contribute to building their schools whilst their leaders smile to the bank. They serve their country in the harshest condition in the name of NYSC.

It is a big fallacy to say they cannot produce leaders better than the rubbish they have at the moment. Where did the likes of Awolowo come from? Was Awo at the same level of thought as the ordinary man? He had a vision and he drove his people towards that vision, he made his people see through his lenses and he raised many more leaders. I may not agree with everything about him but I cannot deny his leadership qualities.

And there are many more Awo's out there. What we need to do is to get them in the right places.

May God bless YOU every day of ur life!! May u live long! May ur name and descendants be associated with the world's best. May success continuously follow u every day of LIFE!! Excellent post. Just the way I love it served.
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by REVOLUTNIS: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Being a Nigerian citizen is the worst thing will ever happen to any human being on earth
Re: What Are Your Responsibilities Towards Nigeria As A Nigerian? by nagoma(m): 6:29am On Feb 15, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Being a Nigerian citizen is the worst thing will ever happen to any human being on earth

How pathetic. Go on pity yourself or even better end it all!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Made-In-Aba: Ben-Bruce Offers Silverbird Complex To Display Products / Why Wike Wants Secondus, PDP NWC Sacked / ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.