Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

New Nigerian Flag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Nigerian Flag (1932 Views)

BBC Said This About The Nigerian Flag / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics / Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Nigerian Flag by drlaykay(m): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
Contrary to the green and white national flag without any inscription I was taught in primary school,all over the place I see a new design.this design has the coat of arm inscribed at the centre(the area of the white).
so because I don't learn social studies in the university,I feel have missed out in the country's new development.
I want to know if it is the new Nigerian national flag or if both flags are accepted.
Pictures below

Re: New Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
You are such a total zombie aficionado
Re: New Nigerian Flag by ibide(m): 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Whice of them is our flag ?
Re: New Nigerian Flag by advocate666: 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
The flag of cowardice and oppression. Not my portion.

Alaigbo must actualise.
Re: New Nigerian Flag by kobenol(m): 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
Alright...UNDERSTAND THIS ALTOGETHER ONCE!
Federal Republic of Nigeria has a flag:
green-white-green, and the coat of arms.
Inscribing such coat of arms in the national flag is totally unaccepted, as it is meaningless.
The Information Ministry cleared air on this issue sometime last year, or year before the last.
Re: New Nigerian Flag by drlaykay(m): 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
info: You are such a total zombie aficionado
Must u use insultive words?besides u have not made sense
Re: New Nigerian Flag by Tolexander: 5:14am On Feb 10, 2013
nigeria only has a flag. Green, white and green.
Any coat of arm on the flag is a coat of harm cos it has defaced it.
Re: New Nigerian Flag by drlaykay(m): 6:43am On Feb 10, 2013
kobenol: Alright...UNDERSTAND THIS ALTOGETHER ONCE!
Federal Republic of Nigeria has a flag:
green-white-green, and the coat of arms.
Inscribing such coat of arms in the national flag is totally unaccepted, as it is meaningless.
The Information Ministry cleared air on this issue sometime last year, or year before the last.
Tolexander: nigeria only has a flag. Green, white and green.
Any coat of arm on the flag is a coat of harm cos it has defaced it.
But do u know that the flag inscribed in it,"the coat of arm"is preferred by many?that was what i was told by some retailers when I demanded the original for my car.I was shocked when I googled "the nigerian flag" and those 2 pictures were presented by the search engine.just angry at the level of importance the counterfeit has risen to.
Re: New Nigerian Flag by Tolexander: 8:55am On Feb 10, 2013
dr.laykay:

But do u know that the flag inscribed in it,"the coat of arm"is preferred by many?that was what i was told by some retailers when I demanded the original for my car.I was shocked when I googled "the nigerian flag" and those 2 pictures were presented by the search engine.just angry at the level of importance the counterfeit has risen to.
when Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi was designing the Nigerian national flag in 1959 and hoisted on the 1st of october's 1960, he didn't inscribe the coat of arm in it. Hence they are different entities, the nigerian flag and the nigerian coat of arm.

(1) (Reply)

World's 100 Best Beaches Pics / Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? / CAPTION THIS PHOTO OF FASOLA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.