Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

APC Manifesto Is True Federalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Manifesto Is True Federalism (1125 Views)

Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Joel3(m): 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2013
APC manifesto is true Federalism, all states will be a nation and federal unit of itself, devolution of power, all federal government project will be moved down to the states, e.g agric, road construction, health care etc, the full power to control resource and development is in the hands of the states and half income of each state goes to federal government. This is a welcome development to tackle the decadence of infrasture and standard of living in nigeria.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by rooftech: 6:37am On Feb 10, 2013
we want to see it and nigeria problem is over
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 10, 2013
Sore dreamers. How are they going to implement that anyway? And where is the manifesto?
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Ikengawo: 7:12am On Feb 10, 2013
i would have said this was their platform, but adding ANPP and CPC, which consists of a the same northern element opposed to resource control and state police makes this a lie.

3 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by OmoTier1(m): 8:04am On Feb 10, 2013
Ikengawo: i would have said this was their platform, but adding ANPP and CPC, which consists of a the same northern element opposed to resource control and state police makes this a lie.

If this is true, would you then abandon your looting PDP and support the Nigeria project?

1 Like

Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Ngwakwe: 8:18am On Feb 10, 2013
For true federalism to be implemented, it will require Constitutional Amendment to that effect which will be hard for now unless APC will convene a Sovereign National Conference if it takes the mantle of leadership from PDP.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Joel3(m): 9:03am On Feb 10, 2013
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Joel3(m): 9:06am On Feb 10, 2013
From inside source, the APC plans is to knocke PDP out and uproot them from both perlament. Senete and rep, then amend the constitution to true federal unit state, the country is not moving forward with this kind of practics, there is not found any state with no natural resourcess. Federal government can go ahead to support the backward states only with infratructure for money creation. This are the only to fast tract growth,
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Gbawe: 9:26am On Feb 10, 2013
Joel.:
From inside source, the APC plans is to knocke PDP out and uproot them from both perlament. Senete and rep, then amend the constitution to true federal unit state, the country is not moving forward with this kind of practics, there is not found any state with no natural resourcess. Federal government can go ahead to support the backward states only with infratructure for money creation. This are the only to fast tract growth,

You are totally correct but the apostles of "they are all the same" will continue to sing their defeatist songs. I will only say that folks will be taken by surprise at the bold policy announcements that will be coming from the APC. In fact, at the core of thinking is the belief that the battle for the control of the upper and lower legislative houses is even more important than all else.

Using ACN SW states as microcosm models, a lot is being achieved now by Governors because they enjoy more anti-gradual legislative support due to how their Party did the work to change the legislative composition at State level and move it away from those who only know how to work for the deleterious status quo. Think David Mark as the ultimate symbol of gradualism, elitism and anti-people leadership. The thinking of the APC is "let's go there". All that the PDP has made taboo currently, when they should not be a big deal, will be 'cornerstones' for the APC.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 10, 2013
Story, story, story!!
Have the CPC members currently in the national assembly ever mentioned the phrase- true federalism?
What is stopping the CPC members in the national assembly from pushing for true federalism in the ongoing constitutional amendment? Have the CPC members in the national assembly ever clamoured for sovereign national conference? How will this same CPC members suddenly become apostles of true federalism simply because of change of party name?

Make APC park well joor. All na wash!!

Whether APC, CPC, PDP, APGA, ANPP, MBBS, LP, WAEC, NECO, BSC, POLIO, NL or whatever name they chose to call themselves, they'r all the SAME as far as I'm concerned. What matters are the PERSONS behind those names and the POLICIES such persons canvas.

3 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Gbawe: 10:21am On Feb 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Story, story, story!!
Have the CPC members currently in the national assembly ever mentioned the phrase- true federalism?
What is stopping the CPC members in the national assembly from pushing for true federalism in the ongoing constitutional amendment? Have the CPC members in the national assembly ever clamoured for sovereign national conference? How will this same CPC members suddenly become apostles of true federalism simply because of change of party name?

Make APC park well joor. All na wash!!

Whether APC, CPC, PDP, APGA, ANPP, MBBS, LP, WAEC, NECO, BSC, POLIO, NL or whatever name they chose to call themselves, they'r all the SAME as far as I'm concerned. What matters are the PERSONS behind those names and the POLICIES such persons canvas.

Scared9gerian, shut up.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by ITbomb(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2013
So you mean when they get into power , the constitution will be suspended?
No , I'm not joining OPC APC.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Joel3(m): 11:03am On Feb 10, 2013
ITbomb: So you mean when they get into power , the constitution will be suspended?
No , I'm not joining OPC APC.

it takes time to amend the constitutuion, but that is what they are going to do before the next 4years
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by demmie1: 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Gbawe:

Scared9gerian, shut up.

For once I agree with him though.
If these people really have interest in SNC they wouldn't need the APC to propose it.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by superior1: 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
True Federalism, ACN wouldn't have settled for less
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Ikengawo: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
they just did...
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by kofoshi: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
Seems to me that ACN(Now APC) has changed its tune from true regional sovereignty to state sovereignty. I would rather a regional government than state federalism.

Same lo ba de.

I am not convinced.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2013
We'll see.. For now, I'll follow APC closely but not support them in anyway.

Politicians can they promise? When dem reach there promise go enter voicemail wey u no fit even record your message sef..
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Gbawe: 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
demmie1:

For once I agree with him though.
If these people really have interest in SNC they wouldn't need the APC to propose it.

Insecure9gerian is nothing but an insincere charlatan. Why don't you ask him who said a flat no to an SNC when initially proposed if not his messiah GEJ? Conveniently he restricts issues to maligning perceived opponent of GEJ/PDP without commenting about the many benevolent and genuinely transformational things GEJ has the power to carry out yet glaringly refuses to do to the chagrin of the entire world.

Please, let us stop fooling ourselves and entertaining sycophants like scared9gerian. We all have our biases and affiliation but the dude, like his messiah, is an unmitigated fraud.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Goddex: 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
Liars! Is it not too early for APC to start lying?
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by PapaBrowne(m): 1:29am On Feb 11, 2013
Like seriously, which flank of the APC's manifesto is that?? The CPC Flank?? Like did the Tinubu clan suddenly cast out the demons that have prevented Northerners from supporting true federalism?? Like who is deceiving who? I thought PDP was the Papa Decieving Pikin party. Is APC trying to borrow a leaf from the PDP??
Buhari to support True Federalism as manifesto for APC?? I am more likely to believe a story that says Buhari converts to Christianity than believe this manifesto crap!
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by Demdem(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2013
Not enough. I need an SNC. An SNC that will scrap states and revert back to regional government where each region will be very well empowered to control their resources.
Re: APC Manifesto Is True Federalism by PointB: 10:25am On Feb 11, 2013
Until I listen to Buhari, Ngige, Tinubu explaining the 'how' in a press conference, this is a bold white lie!

APC is an Association of Power seeking Cabal.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Bishops Blast Jonathan, Governors, Over Massive Corruption, E.t.c / Nigerians’ Online Shopping Habit Now In Excess Of N62.4bn - Euromonitor Intl. / Picture Of Resignation Letter Baked In A Cake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.