Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors (2268 Views)

Adamawa Varsity Reopens, Recruits 80 Hunters / Police Battle Hoodlums As Jonathan Campaigns In Bauchi / Robbery Suspect Caught Among Police Recruits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Germannig: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2008
How can Malus and donkeys learn?

Ibime:

Hausa people will never learn. Despite all the rubbish they have done to our country, they will never learn from history. Its sad.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by tlops(m): 6:34pm On Mar 12, 2008
This thread was almost losing its subject cool at a time I thought it has something to do with nwando or 4Him. lipsrsealed like one of them was part of the 39 docs that applied.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2008
tlops:

This thread was almost losing its subject cool at a time I thought it has something to do with nwando or 4Him. lipsrsealed like one of them was part of the 39 docs that applied.

We have a situation in that country that needs to be dealt with seriously. Thousands of doctors graduate each year in the south that the governments up north can easily employ or embrace to fill the vacancies there but there seems to be something seriously wrong when a state has to go out to look for doctors when it is not that the country is lacking them.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by tlops(m): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2008
Jigawa ke. shocked is there any hospital in jigawa (dutse) apart from the general hospital on kiyawa road.

Germannig:

Jigawa state once employed 14 North Korean ''doctors'' and at the end of the day, they turned out to be medical technicians. The doctors in most private clinics in parts of the North, at least in Jigawa and Kano that I know too well, are Igbos and Yorubas.

ok there is one private one on hakimi road, Jigawa in the last administration had alot of indonesians in its work force. IT and teaching majorly
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by 4Him(m): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2008
the apologists will soon be here to tell us how it is all the fault of geography.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by tlops(m): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2008
i guess the volatile nature of the North makes it an unpleasant place to want to build a career. U will be surprised that its the patient that will first carry cutlass to the doctors' residence once they start their fight.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Germannig: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2008
Opss my mistake. I meant Adamawa

tlops:

Jigawa ke. shocked is there any hospital in jigawa (dutse) apart from the general hospital on kiyawa road.

ok there is one private one on hakimi road, Jigawa in the last administration had alot of indonesians in its work force. IT and teaching majorly
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by 4Him(m): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2008
Germannig:

Opss my mistake. I meant Adamawa

Adamawa has a Federal Medical Center which is frankly a disgrace. More often than not u're better off seeing the doctor corp members.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Germannig: 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2008
Nevertheless, there are a number of private hospitals in Hadejia and Karfin hausa where my g/friend served in 1999. I was there several times and I could observe that most of those clinics are owned/manned by Igbo/Yoruba.

tlops:

Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2008
tlops:

i guess the volatile nature of the North makes it an unpleasant place to want to build a career. You will be surprised that its the patient that will first carry cutlass to the doctors' residence once they start their fight.

I wonder the last time we heard Imo state Govt or Oyo state government took a trip to Timbuctoo looking for physicians.
These people have a hard time even granting admissions to non indigenes in their universities.
Let them keep importing butchers to use their indigenes as slaughter rams.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by BlackMamba(m): 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2008
The commissioner, however, expressed concern at the reluctance by Nigerian doctors to take up appointment with the state government in spite of the offer made to them.

I wonder why that is

Could someone send a memo to Mr. Commissioner that an environment where a cartoon published in Denmark could easily result in death sentence for me is a matter of grave concern.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by MCUsman(m): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2008
tlops:

The Federal medical center at BirninKudu is it located in your house?. Each Local government area has a general Hospital. The state of medical facilities in the north is an extension of what is obtainable in Nigeria as a whole.

Jigawa State as in other state in Nigeria is not an exception.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by tlops(m): 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2008
MC Usman:

The Federal medical center at BirninKudu is it located in your house?. Each Local government area has a general Hospital. The state of medical facilities in the north is an extension of what is obtainable in Nigeria as a whole.

Jigawa State as in other state in Nigeria is not an exception.

Jigawa (Dutse), shocked well i really mean dutse and i did mentioned the Gen Hospital,
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by tlops(m): 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2008
but thanks for the info,
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by tpia: 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
hmmm, tpia, tlops and tpaine.

we be triplets o. Quite a coincidence.

cool grin grin

na only tupac or tilapia remain make we turn to quintuplets.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by lucabrasi(m): 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2008
how r bout the 100doctors trained in cuba by the nigerian government??are the egyptian doctors better than them , they were trained at great expense by the obasanjo admin and graduated last year and all came back to nigeria why wernt they given that opportunity, nigeria,
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2008
lucabrasi:

how r bout the 100doctors trained in cuba by the nigerian government??are the egyptian doctors better than them , they were trained at great expense by the obasanjo admin and graduated last year and all came back to nigeria why wernt they given that opportunity, nigeria,

Well, many Bauchi state prefers Egyptian trained doctors to cuban trained doctors, who knows lmao!!!
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by lucabrasi(m): 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well, many Bauchi state prefers Egyptian trained doctors to cuban trained doctors, who knows lmao!!!

smileymaybe o,but its just a shame especially cause i happened to know one of them and have an idea of how much the nigerian government spent on each of them the whole 7yrs they studied there just for them to be jobless here or most of them going back to the us,uk,canada or private practise
especially as cuba is the best in the world
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2008
lucabrasi:

smileymaybe o,but its just a shame especially cause i happened to know one of them and have an idea of how much the nigerian government spent on each of them the whole 7yrs they studied there just for them to be jobless here or most of them going back to the us,uk,canada or private practise
especially as cuba is the best in the world

I guess best in the world is relative then. There we go. We just wasted money training doctors. What good will that do Nigeria as a country This is the people's money used to train people who in the end now will use their skills elsewhere instead of apply those paid for skills in Nigeria to help improve what we have. Na wa ooo
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by 4Play(m): 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Its not where they are trained that is important but where they are from.As long as they don't have black skin-and in the North,coming from a M'uslim nation is crucial-then they are almost guaranteed a job.
Re: Bauchi Recruits 30 Egyptian Doctors by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Mar 14, 2008
4 Play:

Its not where they are trained that is important but where they are from.As long as they don't have black skin-and in the North,coming from a M'uslim nation is crucial-then they are almost guaranteed a job.

Aren't the people in the north dark skinned and last I checked Egyptians also have dark skin or is this racism as well?? well, yes it is but , bauchi people racist?? LMAO!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy, 16, Invents Chain Car, Storms New Yam Fiesta / Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) / It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Alao Akala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.