Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,193 members, 7,849,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective (12861 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / An Islamic Perspective On The Illuminati (A Must Read by All Muslims) / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by Rilikoko(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
victorazy:

I thought your talking about Islam why mentioning Igbo leaving Housa?

Dis is more of a cultural thing which involves d yoruba n igbo tribe,bt with d hausa I dnt kno much abt dere culture concerning widow...why I made it clear in my 1st post.
Just want to kno hw right is it islamically,any idea?
Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by kalunomics(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
victorazy:

don't mind the confused fellow! I guess he assume his use of 'Islam' in the context substitutes the hausas, forgeting that a considerable number of yorubas are muslims
Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by olaheavy: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
victorazy:

Why is it that you Igbos are annoyingly testy? You hate being talked about, but you're quick to comment topics that have nothing to do with you! If the debate is on other ethnic groups and religion, e.g. Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani, and Islam, you Igbos will readily jump in and begin to insult them. However, nobody must mention Igbos or say anything about them. I think the guy didn't mention Hausa/Fulani simply because (apart from them being mostly Islamic) he knows nothing about their culture. And he probably used Igbos as an example because the majority of you live and search for your daily bread in Yorubaland -- so, the guy is aware of your culture because you RESIDE permanently in Yorubaland!

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by Biblia: 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
[quote
author=paris10]If a Muslim man can marry upto 4 wives, what's gonna
stop him from marrying his brother's wife? Isn't it hyprocritical to
stop anyone from doing this?[/quote]

Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 15, 2013
This is a don't-ask-don't-tell case on Nairaland. That country is very backward and it is sad people refused to accept that. It is time the citizens have to look forward and make laws to nullify all barbaric practices.

Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by thirty(m): 4:57am On Feb 15, 2013
paris10: If a Muslim man can marry upto 4 wives, what's gonna stop him from marrying his brother's wife? Isn't it hyprocritical to stop anyone from doing this?
legaly marrying more than one wife is a solution to your problems because God hate the sodomite.
paris10: If a Muslim man can marry upto 4 wives, what's gonna stop him from marrying his brother's wife? Isn't it hyprocritical to stop anyone from doing this?
legaly marrying more than one wife is a solution to your problems because God hate the sodomite.
Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by paparazzi1987(m): 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
tbaba1234: This practice has no basis in Islam. It is more of a cultural practice. This was a practise in pre-Islamic Arabia and Allah abolished the practice in the Quran.

You who believe, it is not lawful for you to inherit women against their will,b nor should you treat your wives harshly, hoping to take back some of the bride-gift you gave them, unless they are guilty of something clearly outrageous. Live with them in accordance with what is fair and kind: if you dislike them, it may well be that you dislike something in which God has put much good. (Surah 4:19)

It is amazing how so many Muslims practise things from the times of Ignorance.

Thanks for the Understanding and knowledge smiley smiley smiley
Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by calcal: 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
tbaba1234: This practice has no basis in Islam. It is more of a cultural practice. This was a practise in pre-Islamic Arabia and Allah abolished the practice in the Quran.

You who believe, it is not lawful for you to inherit women against their will,b nor should you treat your wives harshly, hoping to take back some of the bride-gift you gave them, unless they are guilty of something clearly outrageous. Live with them in accordance with what is fair and kind: if you dislike them, it may well be that you dislike something in which God has put much good. (Surah 4:19)

It is amazing how so many Muslims practise things from the times of Ignorance.

"... against their will" is not the same as forbidden.
Re: Marrying A Widow By The Husband's Family: Islamic Perspective by tbaba1234: 12:05am On Feb 16, 2013
calcal:

"... against their will" is not the same as forbidden.

Simple english

It is 'not lawful'... did you miss that part...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things Given To Prophet Muhammad / 16th Century Ottoman Ad For An Imam Vacancy / Prophetic Ways To Protect Your Children From Evils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.