Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? (1523 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / My Wife Is Pregnant For Her Pastor - Husband Tells Judge / How Do U Handle Abused In A Marriage As A Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by tchitcho: 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hi there I need some advise!!!
I have been with my Brazilian girlfriend for over two years, I plan to spend my life with her, she is pregnant but marriage as never been in my life plan, It is a big concern for her(and specially for her family), as her close family knows the news(parents, brother&sister) but don t want to say anything to the rest of the family because of shame or her having a baby and not being married.
I am French atheist and the marriage doesn t mean anything to me, I m crazy about her and don t want her to be hurt because of it, but as I see it I m a bit trapped.
Every one of my brother and sister have kids and are not married and are very well happy the way it is, so anyone as some advise?
I don t like the idea of having to marry her by obligation and I really do not need a ring on my finger to prove my love for her so I EALLY DON T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by ifyalways(f): 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
You should have told her this "pre-kpekus" so she'll decide what she want?

What can nld do for you now?

1 Like

Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
Is there any particular reason why you weren't being proactive about birth control? When you were having unprotected se*x, how did you foresee this scenario playing out in your mind?

Also, it'd been 2 yrs into this relationship. At what point were you planning on letting her know you never want to marry her? So she could make her choice whether to stay or go?

3 Likes

Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by jmoore(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
My advice to you is to press the rewind button. How can you be a relationship with someone and you have no marriage plans in this life and you keep the plans to yourself, that's being selfish!!!

1 Like

Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by pheyikemi: 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
See u o. You shdnt av slept wt her wtout protectn if marriage wasn't in ur agenda. If u truly are crazy/in love wiv her, u shd b willing to marry her o
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by thorpido(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
I always blame women when I see things like this.You are involved with a man and you don't know what plans he has for you and u throw your legs wide open having unprotected s.ex with him.
She wants marriage now and she's pregnant for you,while you don't want marriage.
Go ahead and do whatever u want.She will sort herself out.

1 Like

Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
OP

I think you are the victim here because in Biology class you were never told when a grown man phocks a grown woman without protection, Pregnancy is one of the best things that can come out of it

Sorry I blame your teacher
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by pheyikemi: 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu: OP

I think you are the victim here because in Biology class you were never told when a grown man phocks a grown woman without protection, Pregnancy is one of the best things that can come out of it

His teacher taught him, bt d op slept in biology klas all 2ru
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by greatgod2012(f): 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu: OP

probably, he forgot what his teacher taught him, so dont blame his teacher, blame him for forgetting such an interesting topic too soon and very easily.

@op, u already laid your bed d way you wanted, so, lie on it.
Goodluck.
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by tchitcho: 2:54am On Feb 12, 2013
thank s for you answer but as I forgot to mention it She new strait from the start that marriage wasn t in my life plan, and I know it may sound weird but I always saw myself we her having a family without being married and it never occur to me that it would become such a big deal, why can someone who truly love someone else can not just have a happy life and a family without marriage.

ps; Thank but I knew as well what happen when two grown up person have unprotected sex I m not a kid as I am 31 and she is 28(nothing to do with my teachers )
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by biolabee(m): 6:26am On Feb 12, 2013
so, since u assume she knows, then tell her you want to be in an open relationship with her

whatever you see, just accept it

toooojhhh
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by royalistic: 9:10am On Feb 12, 2013
The worst u should think of now should be going 4 an abortion. God condems it, d bible speaks against t, its inhumane to d foetus and unjustifiable. take responsibility of d pregnancy even if u dont want to marry d woman or go ahead and marry her if u so wish from ur heart not under pressure u will be glad u did when u see ur child grows. mind u, u initiated by sleeping with her in d first place. If u do otherwise d blood of d innocent foetus may cry for justice and u r committing a 2nd sin of murder after d 1st of of defying d bed before marriage.
Re: She Is Pregnant, But Marriage As Never Been In My Life Plan? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 16, 2013
You don't see the benefits of marriage for you, but what about consequences of not marrying. Think of the social stigma it may bring in the way the Child relates to his mother's family. Also, what if you break up. If you buy a home and it's in one person's name. The other person loses, or tax reasons. I say if you don't want to marry, leave her and take care if the child. Next time find out how strong your woman's family influence is on her. It must feel awful to be the reason why her family disown her.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? / Why Do Kids Obey Their Father More Than Mothers? / Top Ten Most Shocking Prenups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.