Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” (20122 Views)

Glamorosa Vs Mara & Clara Vs My Eternal / Ongoing Malta Guiness Street Dance In Ghana! 7 Countries!: Who Would Win? / Malta Guiness Street Dance - Xfellaz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by ezzye: 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
dridowu: I dnt nid to watch d video but i prefer my broda udeme

dude....is dat a blend of d two?

Broda is 4 demi wyl friend is for udeme.

"My friend udeme" is it.....
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Tayo2k7: 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
My brother Femi
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by ezzye: 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
ogele: Udeme is the best among the two adverts. I don't like the femi advert... But as for Udeme, NIGERIAN MARRIED WOMEN ASSOCIATION kicked againt the advert. Cos their is a place where they said "AT THE END OF THE DAY WE GATHER AT THE BAR" So they said the UDEME ADVERT is encouraging their husband's to stay at the bar after the days job or business. Need more info: BB PIN: 28e179d4

like seriosly shocked
ogele: Udeme is the best among the two adverts. I don't like the femi advert... But as for Udeme, NIGERIAN MARRIED WOMEN ASSOCIATION kicked againt the advert. Cos their is a place where they said "AT THE END OF THE DAY WE GATHER AT THE BAR" So they said the UDEME ADVERT is encouraging their husband's to stay at the bar after the days job or business. Need more info: BB PIN: 28e179d4

like seriosly
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by WAM1(f): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
My brother Femi
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by ba7man(m): 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hmmmm...."My friend Udeme" that flies a plane to a beer palour or "My brother Femi" that invites his younger bro to come drink Big stout with men in the city......I think I'll go with Udeme...I mean, who flies a plane to go drink beer?? That's gotta be special.

1 Like

Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Limaoscar: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
Sunny my pickin don send the western Union transfer?
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by somegirl1: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
ROCK-J:
My senior brother is wrong English. It is supposed to be my elder brother. Guiness should stop sending wrong English to viewers.

Actually, older is more appropriate
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by double08(m): 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
some-girl:

Actually, older is more appropriate

makes it more realistic and thats what most people of that age would say... wouldn't you agree?
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by somegirl1: 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
double08:

makes it more realistic and thats what most people of that age would say... wouldn't you agree?

yep, "senior" is incorrect but is widely used in Nigeria.
Just letting Rock-J know "older" not "elder" was the word he was looking for.
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Revolva(m): 12:00am On Feb 14, 2013
Both Guinness adverts are inspiring...I like udeme because its kindda funny...and local...
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by NaLaugh: 1:39am On Feb 14, 2013
Udeme.. for LIFE
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by vicope: 1:39am On Feb 14, 2013
ebamma: that my senior brother femi advert is very silly, imagine my senior brother coming to the village to visit me only to give me a ticket to go and drink guinness i for shun am
Ur IQ must be 5/100. OMG!
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by vicope: 1:51am On Feb 14, 2013
chysam: I think there is something very stupid about that "My Brother Femi" advert. I suppose Femi handed his younger brother a bus ticket to go into the city with him and become a real man also like him. So why did he knock him on his head after handing him the ticket Was he getting him ready for head knocks when they arrive Lagos?
Some people cannot just understand obvious things. SMH

1 Like

Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Winneygirl(f): 5:26am On Feb 14, 2013
Udeme!

I also love d "There are 2 kinds of Men, Us & them" advert.

Good football, good drink, brings men with differences together.

'But then, there's a drop of greatness in every man'.
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by guseman(m): 7:36am On Feb 14, 2013
My friend Udeme is a great man....keeps resounding in my head.

That was advert on the radio at MM2 as my friend Ude...steps into the plane.
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by SlamDunk(m): 7:39am On Feb 14, 2013
I guess they wanted it to sound as original as possible, they knw its wrong but any average nigerian would use senior broda instead of elder or older.
some-girl:

Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by elampiro(m): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2013
some-girl:

Elder brother is the correct use.

eld·er 1  (ldr)

adj.

1. Greater than another in age or seniority.

2. Superior to another or others, as in rank.

n.

1. An older person.

2. An older, influential member of a family, tribe, or community.

3. One of the governing officers of a church, often having pastoral or teaching functions.

4. Mormon Church A member of the higher order of priesthood
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=elder

Elder 1

Definition: Older; more aged, or existing longer.

Elder 2

Definition: Born before another; prior in years; senior; earlier; older; as, his elder brother died in infancy; opposed to younger, and now commonly applied to a son, daughter, child, brother, etc. http://ardictionary.com/Elder/1144

elder1

Pronunciation: /ˈɛldə/

Translate elder | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish

Definition of elder

adjective

(of one or more out of a group of associated people) of a greater age:

my elder daughter

the elder of the two sons

(the Elder) used to distinguish between related famous people with the same name:

Pitt the Elder

noun

1⁠ (one's elders) people who are older than one:

schoolchildren were no less fascinated than their elders

(one's elder) a person who is older than one by a specified length of time:

she was two years his elder
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/elder

I learnt this from a certain English text book when I was preparing for my JAMB in the 90s. It is elder or younger brother (correct), senior or junior brother is wrong.
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by elampiro(m): 8:13am On Feb 14, 2013
Also, see Google result:

ELDER

About 24,900,000 results (0.30 seconds)
Search Results
elder comparative of eld·er (Adjective)
Adjective
(of one or more out of a group of related or otherwise associated people) Of a greater age: "my elder daughter".

Used to distinguish between related famous people with the same name: "Pliny the Elder".
Synonyms
senior - major - older - eldest
.........................................................................................
OLDER

About 293,000,000 results (0.16 seconds)
Search Results
older comparative of old (Adjective)
Adjective
Having lived for a long time; no longer young.
Made or built long ago: "the old quarter of the town".
Synonyms
elder - senior - major
.........................................................................................
SENIOR

About 148,000,000 results (0.24 seconds)
Search Results
sen·ior
/ˈsēnyər/
Adjective
Of a more advanced age: "he is 20 years senior to Leonard".
Noun
A person who is a specified number of years older than someone else: "she was only two years his senior".
Synonyms
elder - major - superior - older

PLEASE NOTE THE WAY THEY ARE USED. PROBABLY THE REASON JAMB IS HARD.
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by kaydwutang(m): 8:15am On Feb 14, 2013
"Let the beer see the sky"he says...(Udeme di ok)
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by buJu234: 10:47am On Feb 14, 2013
my friend udeme is a great man; do u knw because of that advert people started calling big stouh Udeme
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by doyinmolah: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2013
Drink milk every daaaaaaaaaay
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by prettiest1(f): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
ddippset: lol. i know this debate would now be thorn between the west(femi) and the east(udeme).
Udeme is south
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Ubenedictus(m): 1:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
Udeme all d way
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by phinter: 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
perhaps you might want to consider.

1 Like

Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
I love both.... But My friend Udeme is really cool
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Chuksgeo: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
My 'Friend Udeme stil rocks'
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Detonatorrex(m): 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Yomieluv: I like the MEE-MEE noodles advert- boom shasha boom.
grin
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Austin109: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2013
smileycowbell.. O...u...r milk!!
Put am for garri... Cowbell!....................
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by otiterukky(m): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2013
My friend Udeme i love that
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by entaye(m): 11:13am On Feb 15, 2013
I like n love my friend UDEME.
Re: Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” by Sumbarkaya(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
None, cos:
1. My friend Udeme is a 'drunkard'
2. 'Senior' brother Femi; gave his younger brother a ticket to a drinking life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Amaka Issued A Strike For Microphone Infringement (video /photos) / Share Your Favorite Movie SoundTrack / Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.