Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? (6648 Views)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 1:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Who is this blatant liar in NL?

How can this be the answer to the question if Hebrews7 made reference to commandment?

potentpraise:

First i am not dodging your question and i think with your second question you are been very specific.

The answer to your second question is NO... This is usage of plural and singular in a sentence. "ALL ARE COMMANDMENTS"
Chapter 7 verse 8 of Hebrew was specific as to COMMANDMENT(plural) no "S" So all it was talking about was the change of priesthood

are you sure you are a "christian"?

Are you not aware that liars will not inherit Gods kingdom?

The levite through the law have the "commandment to collect tith".

(Hebrews 7:5).
"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:" (Hebrews 7:5).

^^^

where was this commandment written?

Was it not in the law that was given to the sons of Israel that the levites had the commandment to collect tith?

What then exactly is he trying to say?

Na wao!

Some kind "christians"!
*smh*
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
^
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

If you see that the priesthood was related to Melchisedec and it was reference that he collected tithes and the order of Melchisedec is related to Jesus.. You should also know the author was more concern about the Israelite to see Jesus as the new priest.

So if its reference to Melchisedec and he also collected tithes, the tithes is not abolished.

Was the commandment to collect tith given to melchizedec or to levitical priest?

How does the law affect melchizedec collection of tenth from Abraham?

Will the levite also have collected tith if not that the law commanded it?

If not that the law commanded it why do you quote malachi 3?

Did melchizedec ask for the tent that abraham paid to him?

What you are asking for(tith) is because of the law, otherwise, dont ask for it and dont quote malachi law, do like melchizedec, dont ask just like melchizedec did not ask for his angry
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

First i think you should stop confusing yourself and stop arguing blindly... English is not your language of birth and even if it is, PhD's in English language also referrers to dictionary for words that they don't understand or need clarification. For you to come and say tenth meant different thing after a dictionary just prove that its the same as tithes say something about you...

Secondly i think you are jumping everywhere to argue out yourself. If you do not understand english word, use dictionary and if you need clarification on comprehension which i understand that many of us do, especially if you are reading from King James version ask people who know and don't argue. Not everything that one does not understand one should argue, argument only comes when you are sure and have facts to buttress your point. Also a good learner is the one that saw that his argument has been defused and take correction or do more research to establish his advance thought on the same subject matter. No just argue for argument sake

i think it is you that have the problem on this issue.

See:

"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:8 ).

^^
1. who were the "men that die" that receive tith in the former arrangement?

2. And in the next/new/"there" dispensation as opposed to the "here", do "men that die" still collect tith?

3. If "men that die" still collect tith, why was the reference "men that die" used as a distinguishing mark for the old and new order?

Please explain, am waiting.
Peace.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Snowwy: @OP, I think you already know the answer, it is in your question.

@Goshen,
You never cease to surprise me. We have had a discussion on this and you dissappeared when you ran out of contradicting yourself. I will advise you leave matters you do not understand. It is just candid advise.

^^

It is actually you that is bent on exploiting people that need to desist from it.

It is my candid advice that you desist from it.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight: Who is this blatant liar in NL?

How can this be the answer to the question if Hebrews7 made reference to commandment?

are you sure you are a "christian"?

Are you not aware that liars will not inherit Gods kingdom?

The levite through the law have the "commandment to collect tith".

(Hebrews 7:5).
"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:" (Hebrews 7:5).

^^^

where was this commandment written?

Was it not in the law that was given to the sons of Israel that the levites had the commandment to collect tith?

What then exactly is he trying to say?

Na wao!

Some kind "christians"!
*smh*

Apparently you just woke up. Its so disappointing that people like you wake up in the middle of sleep and start arguing blindly. I am still taken aback with the way you reason and not precise? How could you be asking a redundant questions... what does my statement has to do with all your questions ?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

i think it is you that have the problem on this issue.

See:

"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:cool.

^^
1. who were the "men that die" that receive tith in the former arrangement?

2. And in the next/new/"there" dispensation as opposed to the "here", do "men that die" still collect tith?

3. If "men that die" still collect tith, why was the reference "men that die" used as a distinguishing mark for the old and new order?

Please explain, am waiting.
Peace.

Before you start arguing blindly.. God read Hebrew 7 and give me a summary of it and interpretation of each verse... Until you do that.. just walk and pass by
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

Was the commandment to collect tith given to melchizedec or to levitical priest?

How does the law affect melchizedec collection of tenth Abraham?

Will the levite also have collected tith if not that the law commanded it?

If not that the law commanded it why do you quote malachi 3?

Did melchizedec ask for the tent that abraham paid to him?

What you are asking for(tith) is because of the law, otherwise, dont ask for it and dont quote malachi law, do like melchizedec, dont ask just like melchizedec did not ask for his angry

I wonder how you come from the space and start addressing remains of explanation. Where in all my text did you see me quoting Malachi 3?, Who talk about Melchisedec asking for tithes?

Please before you jump into argument start by reading from the beginning of the thread, don't just jump from the middle of a conclusive paragraph to think you have the whole idea of what has been discussed in the introduction and body of an essay... I wonder where this half baked learned Nigeria is from? You just from no where with no principle of comprehension to start discussing issues that have been fully addressed from the on start of the discussion at the bottom of it
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
christemmbassey: tithe is stealing from christians, stop that scamming, you that teach others, dont steal, do you steal? Yes, how? By collecting tithes.. Repent for God is able to fund the gospel, afterall, its not uy work but God's. Peace.

If tithes is stealing what is offering? You all advocate for the abolition of tithes but propagate offering that is known to generate more money than tithes...Do you think all your big pastors buy jet, rose royce and mansions everywhere in the world with tithes? No they did with Get.. Oritsejarfor got his jet through offering.. some people donated and they bought it including your federal government and you think the 700 luxurious cars that was donated to Oyedepo were tithes? No they were offering.. If those churches collect tithes only, i bet you they would not be able to amax those wealth and lavish life style. You should also know that tithes only come when you get payed every two weekes or month if you get salary and if your tithes is to be paid, many of us will only pay once or twice a month after our pay... But go to church, people are dropping money every meetings and i bet you many of them don't get salaries or paycheck like that... Kettle calling pot black
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

We are not under the law and also the abolishment of the Law does not necessarily mean all have been cancelled, but some of the specific things like sacrifice of burnt, peace, trespass and sin offerings. Also the Aaronic priesthood has been abolish, but most of the other things are intact. For instant, paying of thither, you should not kill, you should not convert your neighbors wife, you should not steal from your neighbor, you should keep the Sabbath day holy, you should not lie or bear false witness all these are part of Moses commandments that the New Testament still uphold.

You should not worship other gods but the Almighty God its still valid today... because there is an update to a particular application does that mean the application is not valid after the update?

^^
error.
the law has been abolished.

We have a new commandment = love, according to christ.

You cannot keep part of the commandment and leave some, else you will be under a curse.

Even what that relate to christians were repeated in the NT.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

Amen and Thank you very much for being blessed through this forum. May God continue to bless you and teach you his word the more.

but you were wrong in saying that we should keep the law.

We have a new commandment = love.

Take note that you are under a curse for keeping only part of the law.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

You are back again, you brother Goshen has agreed with me that tithes still reign supreme in our christian lives.

where did Goshen say such?

You seem to lie with ease.
*sigh*
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

^^
error.
the law has been abolished.

We have a new commandment = love, according to christ.

You cannot keep part of the commandment and leave some, else you will be under a curse.

Even what that relet to christians were repeated in the NT.

So interprets to me though shall not serve other gods except the the Lord they God that brought you out from the land of Egypt
with though shall love the love the lord thy God with all they heart and might? If the first was totally abolished, why do we still have to love God, since the law was in the old?

Though shall not fornicate or commit adultery in the NT and OT though shall not convert thy neighbors wife, please tell me why we have it in New?
When you all read your bible and think you know it all, without attending bible study or stay under the tutelage of a biblical scholar you read a verse and you think you are an expert of the bible.. i wonder why people get PhD if undergraduate was good enough?
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

You see there are many thing you need clarification on. Also i saw that you don't have a pastor or spiritual mentor, i think you need to have one.
The bible is to complex for you and don't expect God to teach you everything. He wants you to learn from others, then you compare your bible one after the other.

First i need to teach you many things, but i can not teach a student who have refused to learn even before the teacher opens his mouth.

you dont even know what the bible teach and you want to teach another?

If a blind man leads a blind man where will they end? = a pit.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by Zikkyy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
Lol @potentpraise grin you are a clown. But I still like you sha. Appears you are here to complain. If you want to pay tithe, go ahead but don't preach it. Preaching of tithe is false gospel.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

but you were wrong in saying that we should keep the law.

We have a new commandment = love.

Take note that you are under a curse for keeping only part of the law.

I told you before that before you argue read all the text and not just be picking one of my comment at the end of the discussion?

Have you read the following in your bible?

Here is an example.. one of the disciples of Jesus was asking him in Matthew 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The above text made us to understand that there are more than one law/commandment so there are commandments... If you bring any questions without first reading from the beginning you will be wasting your time, because, i can not be rewrting what i have written to addressed similar questions and if you need clarification humbly ask, but that must be after you have read all my comments from the inception of this thread, including questions asked.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Zikkyy: Lol @potentpraise grin you are a clown. But I still like you sha. Appears you are here to complain. If you want to pay tithe, go ahead but don't preach it. Preaching of tithe is false gospel.

If i am a clown, you must be basket mouth, it only take a clown to know one.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

you dont even know what the bible teach and you want to teach another?

It a blind man leads a blind man where will they end? = a pit.

On what basis? I guess your opinion is authority? You can not even argue yourself out.. No reference, no authority but opinion.. That is why Nigeria is backward, because people just do things without first thinking, research, but think it will work.. you are an example of such product
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 4:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

Dont worry i understand how you feel... You have never seen anyone who match you this way... I am glad that you are indirectly confessing and admitting that you have been wrong all this while.

I personally think your concern is not actually the tithes, but you are deeply concern about the management of tithes in most churches today.. But that may be for another topic.
But as for tithing it is real and it is still part of it.

i really do detest fraudulent talkers like this ^ when he does not himself know much.

Boasting in error!
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

where did Goshen say such?

You seem to lie with ease.
*sigh*

Now i know you are defending your boss.. but before you defend go read i say read from the beginning.. There are different ways a man can concede defeat or argree. First by word and second by action e.g
yes,
just take a bow
shift to another topic

When we start discussing Goshen changed the topic twice and its a sign that he conceded and he was also talking about offering being acceptable... How could you say tithes which is under the old commandment is abolished and offering which is also under the same old law is not abolished.. There is something wrong then. Its either you don't know what you are saying, or you are wasting my time
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

i really do detest fraudulent talkers like this ^ when he does not himself know much.

Boasting in error!

Go and call your boss Goshen and let adult talk when small boy like you watch so you can learn from the expert.
The problem with you and many others on this forum is English is your second language and i agree, but you need to work hard to understand English comprehension.
English is more than read and write... It takes time to learn to understand what it meant, especially if its written. Unlike spoken word where you can denote from expression of tone of pronunciation, written words are different
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

i gave you Ananias and Sapphira story.. what else do you want?
You want me to give you paul scenario... This is what real christian pastor should go through when it comes to tithes and offering

Philippians 4:15-19

15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

This guy is a fraud!

Are those the commandment to pay tith in the NT?

Was that the way the commandment to pay tith was made in the OT?

What rut is all this?

You people should change your crooked ways.

There is no command/instruction to pay tith in the NT, but you must twist the scriptures.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

This guy is a fraud!

Are those the commandment to pay tith in the NT?

Was that the way the commandment to pay tith was made in the OT?

What rut is all this?

You people should change your crooked ways.

There is no command/instruction to pay tith in the NT, but you must twist the scriptures.

Where is the commandment thats says you must pay offering in NT? You are the blackest kettle calling pot black.. The biggest fraud you are
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by PastorKun(m): 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

I have quietly monitored your advocacy for abolition of tithes in New Testament. But I think you are wrong. While I understand that you might be making a grave unconscious mistake, I think you should have ask before reaching that conclusion, at least ask people who are advance in this profession.

The moment i read the the bolded i realised we are dealin with someone who sees christianity as a business and pastoring as a profession and obviously tithes as a juicy source of income. As a result of that we are reaing the posts of a conceited + arrogant man who is fighting to justify his source of livelihood/filthy lucre. It would only take the grace of God for him to realise the truth about tithes and repent from fleecing off the children of God of a fixed percentage of their income on a consistent basis.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by scarred: 5:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Discussions do not need to degenerate to the point of calling names or using pejoratives. One of the fruits of an astute mind is the ability to make cogent responses to the 'question' asked. it need never get to the point of calling names.

In my opinion there are two distinct questions being asked. The first is does the source of the money preclude the good it can do to the church. To answer the question, money is money, and can be used in a variety of ways. The source of the money does not ultimately preclude the good that the money can do. I can take funds from a drug dealer and build an orphanage, do the orphans care where the money comes from, of course not.

The second question is equally as easy to answer. You can not buy your way into heaven, inasmuch as you are faithful in your tithes and offerings, but have not been transformed by the renewing of your mind, this will not avail you of Heaven. God is not mocked, and one does not continue to sin that grace may abound. Even though the righteousness of man is like filthy rags before God, knowing fully well that none is righteous except HIM that be in Heaven, no amount of money can wipe your slate clean, only he can do that, which is why he says 'come, let us reason together, though your sins be red as scarlet, they will be made white as the driven snow'.

Ultimately, Christ came for the looters and the criminals, but once you commit yourself to his Kingdom, you can not remain the way you are, but you must instead 'seek ye first the kingdom of God and ALL of it's righteousness'...then you get everything else. But one that comes in sin, attempts to bribe his way into heaven, will ultimately depart in the sin and find himself removed from the glory of God...
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

Apparently you just woke up. Its so disappointing that people like you wake up in the middle of sleep and start arguing blindly. I am still taken aback with the way you reason and not precise? How could you be asking a redundant questions... what does my statement has to do with all your questions ?

i take it that you dont have an answer then.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The moment i read the the bolded i realised we are dealin with someone who sees christianity as a business and pastoring as a profession and obviously tithes as a juicy source of income. As a result of that we are reaing the posts of a conceited + arrogant man who is fighting to justify his source of livelihood/filthy lucre. It would only take the grace of God for him to realise the truth about tithes and repent from fleecing off the children of God of a fixed percentage of their income on a consistent basis.

Sometime i think some people like you are too spiritual to understand the work of God is a profession that you don't get to work in the office until you are offered a job by God. If you say i am arrogant, i will say, it takes someone who is arrogant to know the characteristics of an arrogant man. To justify the work of God, is not left with any man, but God. The problem with many of you is that you are the biggest deceit. Many of you are like judas iscariot who was concern about selling the oil brought to clean the feet of Jesus in other to make profit, but not concern about the symbol of her action.

You cry on tithes because you do not want to be guided or mandated to do God's bidden, but love offering because its willingly done and many of you who are also aspiring for the profession are planing to get the largest of peoples wealth. Offering pays more than tithes, but it takes disciplines to pay tithes.. many of you are not discipline.

As for why i called it a profession, When jesus called peter where he was fishing doing his career.. Jesus said, follow me, he would ceased from being fishermen, but fishers of men, what does that mean.. a change in career and profession.. If you are not convince lets go to Exodus 35:19 "19 The cloths of service, to do service in the holy place, the holy garments for Aaron the priest, and the garments of his sons, to minister in the priest's office."

If its not profession, why would Aaron and his sons have priest office.. Please go and learn your bible before coming here to rant
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

I wonder how you come from the space and start addressing remains of explanation. Where in all my text did you see me quoting Malachi 3?, Who talk about Melchisedec asking for tithes?

Please before you jump into argument start by reading from the beginning of the thread, don't just jump from the middle of a conclusive paragraph to think you have the whole idea of what has been discussed in the introduction and body of an essay... I wonder where this half baked learned Nigeria is from? You just from no where with no principle of comprehension to start discussing issues that have been fully addressed from the on start of the discussion at the bottom of it

In NL, we dont welcome tith thieves.

That you went and opened a new ID by Dec. 2012 To come talk about tith fraud will not help your fraudulent stance.

Why not go get a job so that you can feed?

If every christian was to be like you who then will pay for your fraudulent christian tith?

You see, the bible says that, he that will not work, neither let him eat, hungry criminals like you are never ashamed of begging for money from people, on the road, in the bus and in the churches.

The message of christ is lost on you since all you preach is extortion.

No instruction for christian tithing but you are demanding for it.

Thief! Ole!

cool
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

That you went and opened a new ID by Dec. 2012 To come talk about tith fraud will not help your fraudulent stance.

If every christian was to be like you who then will pay for your fraudulent christian tith?

You see, the bible says that, he that will not work, neither let him eat, hungry criminals like you are never ashamed of begging for money from people, on the road, in the bus and in the churches.

Thief! Ole!

cool

1 Like

Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

Thief! Ole!

cool

I had thought i was talking to matured mind.. but i can see that you are probably just finishing high school.. I can't understand where a clarification or an argument degenerated to you calling ole? It takes Ole to know another thief.. What have i stolen from you?

What is the difference from you registering June 14, 2012 and i Dec 2012? I refused to respond in your own coin..
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by truthislight: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
potentpraise:

If tithes is stealing what is offering?

there is an instruction to make offering for christians in the NT.

There is no instruction for christians to tith. QED.

Frauds like you will always go beyond what is written.

Ole. Take your exploit elsewhere.

Your type give bad name in excess to christianity.
Re: Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? by potentpraise: 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
truthislight:

there is an instruction to make offering for christians in the NT.

There is no instruction for christians to tith. QED.

Frauds like you will always go beyond what is written.

Ole. Take your exploit elsewhere.

Your type give bad name in excess to christianity.

When you are done ranting let me know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Is Whitney Houston Now? Heaven Or Hell? / Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. / God's Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.