Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

My Last Request "Without Abeg" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Last Request "Without Abeg" (1796 Views)

X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site / Abeg!!!!! Review This Site / Abeg Who Is Nairaland.com's Web Host? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
Well, this is apparently the most unusual title to give to a forum topic, however in my situation, I Will consider it a prudent one. I have made series of request on this board regarding a particular project i'm working on but was fed with a cold shoulder this was really unusual considering the reputation of nairalanders and had I not been a very inactive member I would have suspected I ve wronged some fellow.
Today I ve decided to hide the past events behind the cloud and make this last request from my follow Nigerians; Just recently I started a project on designing a social network, this project has come to a point where I feel quite satisfied with the layout and design but that is only my own point of view so I ve come to ask you guys give me a very critical review on the general look of this siteand do not think I posted this request for the sake of hits, believe me if i wanted hits I know where to get them and definitely not on webmasters section.
Please while stating your review include your browser information.
Thanks in advavance.
Regards,
Ebenezer Obasi
Nairatrain -Social Network
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by yawatide(f): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
I use Firefox all the way.

As far as website, IMHO, due to lack of a layout border, it looks like the different pieces of the site (especially the home page) are hanging in space.
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by spikesC(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
currently viewing on google chrome

1) the backgroung is dark. IMHO, dark backgrounds are fit for celebrity sites,
apparel sales sites and a few other things but not a social network.
It will look like the old myspace we normally have

2) Logo is a no no (am not good in designing but i know a cool logo when i see one)

3) The right sidebar follow links should be totally removed. even the left one, this is not a blog. Infact, what do you need a social network profile for a social network. You're a facebook competitor man

4) the form inputs are not together, like yawas said, they're flying grin

5) That HOT babe picture makes it a dating site, not a social network. meanwhile, its a poor marked out image
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by miracle4(m): 2:10am On Feb 13, 2013
spikes C: currently viewing on google chrome

1) the backgroung is dark. IMHO, dark backgrounds are fit for celebrity sites,
apparel sales sites and a few other things but not a social network.
It will look like the old myspace we normally have

2) Logo is a no no (am not good in designing but i know a cool logo when i see one)

3) The right sidebar follow links should be totally removed. even the left one, this is not a blog. Infact, what do you need a social network profile for a social network. You're a facebook competitor man

4) the form inputs are not together, like yawas said, they're flying grin

5) That HOT babe picture makes it a dating site, not a social network. meanwhile, its a poor marked out image
lmao
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 8:21am On Feb 13, 2013
I must say that i'm very thrilled at your comments smiley I have made some serious changes based on your reviews please do check it again.
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by solid3(m): 9:33am On Feb 13, 2013
First, I like the way u asked for review, it seems like reviews are some peeps birth right whlie others have to beg for it or ask for it in ur own way.

Haven said that, with view of the site on opera mini version 7, I can see that the site is nt optimised for smaller screen. Aside that I think the color is cool.

1 Like

Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by DualCore1: 9:33am On Feb 13, 2013
I use BB browser and I want that babe's BB PIN.

No PIN, no review..... goes back to look at the babe's chest.

Ok seriously that babe is out of place, remove her from the site but keep her here http://nairatrain.com/ow_userfiles/themes/theme_image_147.png. As a married boy I no fit save the image.

Well manage this review for now, I couldn't go further into the site as the babe was a major distraction. When you commot her I may get back to the site to check.

P.S: Why do all startup dating sites look the same (scriptish)?

1 Like

Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 10:20am On Feb 13, 2013
Just removed the image... Please go ahead with your view. Here is the link to the main index
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
The design is good for a start.
U said it's world's largest social network.
Why then did u use the local name: NairaTrain?
With that name, I dont expect the site to get users that are not Nigerians.

Why is it that Nigerians use Naira this, Naira that or Naija this, Naija that.
Why not think of a name that will become a brand tomorrow.
Think of facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. These are classic names.
There are lots of ground-breaking names to use.
All you have to do it to think.
Let's not settle for some cheap names.
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
The domain name was originally purchased by a friend of mine, not really my invention. Meanwhile I wish we talk about the design and layout rather than the name.
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by fatnaija: 2:20am On Mar 07, 2013
In my own opinion, I think the website is just okay... keep it up man, nice work!
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by internetpo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
Glad you took notes and corrects. With the way I see the site now. I think you only need members. great work. Thumbs up.
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 7:19am On Mar 12, 2013
Dual Core: I use BB browser and I want that babe's BB PIN.

No PIN, no review..... goes back to look at the babe's chest.

Ok seriously that babe is out of place, remove her from the site but keep her here http://nairatrain.com/ow_userfiles/themes/theme_image_147.png. As a married boy I no fit save the image.

Well manage this review for now, I couldn't go further into the site as the babe was a major distraction. When you commot her I may get back to the site to check.

P.S: Why do all startup dating sites look the same (scriptish)?
eagerly waiting for your review.
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
Why isn't anyone commenting? Oh! how I hate to admit defeat. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by funkymedina: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
the global pic on the home page has dots in various countries but not nigeria angry Considering its a naira...site put a dot and identify us now tongue
hope you have rigts to use the image sha ?

Layout wise , its ok
goodluck!
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
funky medina: the global pic on the home page has dots in various countries but not nigeria angry Considering its a naira...site put a dot and identify us now tongue
hope you have rigts to use the image sha ?

Layout wise , its ok
goodluck!

lolz... thanks for your comment though.
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by bug24(m): 3:14am On Apr 05, 2013
Khai! Why didn't I see dis post ontime b4 he removed d hawt babe? cry
*runs 2check againm...DC u sure u didn't save it?*

Me I nid sometin to motivate my reviews joor!

Meanwhile, I see u'v optimized it for mobile view.

Errrrrr! My browser? My BB na Torch. grin
Re: My Last Request "Without Abeg" by ebenzunlim(m): 9:59am On Apr 05, 2013
bug24: Khai! Why didn't I see dis post ontime b4 he removed d hawt babe? cry
*runs 2check againm...DC u sure u didn't save it?*

Me I nid sometin to motivate my reviews joor!

Meanwhile, I see u'v optimized it for mobile view.

Errrrrr! My browser? My BB na Torch. grin

lol.... DC don forsake me after e see that babe.

(1) (Reply)

5 Fatal Skills To Generate Free Website Traffic No Payment Involved / Naijaloaded Theme 2019 Wordpress Theme – Original / Get Your Blogger Blog and/or website Designed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.