Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site (1464 Views)

Abeg!!!!! Review This Site / X-MASS BONANZA Get A Complete Website For Just 15k / Please.... Review this site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2014
guys, i need u to review this site for me, i need ur opinions
www.throughts.com

also when u get there u can comment on each topics.

2 Likes

Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
guys, make una comment now
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by bot101(m): 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
clean website but needs a lot more content and please, please and please add some graphics and check for the dictionary spelling for thoughts before giving your website a name/title. What framework did you use to achieve your site's responsive designs.
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 11:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
bot101:
clean website but needs a lot more content and please, please and please add some graphics and check for the dictionary spelling for thoughts before giving your website a name/title. What framework did you use to achieve your site's responsive designs.
Guy, thanks, u are not the only one complaining abt the name, i actually used the name on purpose,
i used wordpress and custom css edit for the responsiveness
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2014
make una review this site naw, we to like to fucck up for this section webmaster, unlike sections like family, politics, etc,
abeg make we dey corporate
www.throughts.com
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 30, 2014
Not bad. It seems more like a blog. The header fonts in the home page is ginomous...tone down a little and keep it simple.
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by blueyedgeek(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
Like some others have mentioned, it does look like a blog and from navigating the site, I'm just going to assume that it's a blog. I'm also going to say that it needs more content before any kind of useful review can be given. But from what you've put up so far..........

Pros

** Cool colour combination (the colours really blend well)

** Clean minimal look (The focus here is on the text and so it requires very little images to spice things up).

SINS

1. Spelled 'thoughts' as 'throughts' and yet claim to use it on purpose

** Judgement: 3 hot slaps

2. Clicking on join redirects to http://localhost/dumpster/wp-login.php?action=register

** Judgement: Locked in a cell to listen to Tonto Dike's singing

3. Same redirection to a malformed url takes place when you click on 'submit a story', 'visit us' and 'what is this?'

** Judgement: Thrown into the same ring with the Big Show for a last man standing match

4. Login doesn't do a damn thing

** Judgement: Chant 'I will never add a dead link to a live site again' until such a time when pigs learn to write semantic HTML markup.

5. Used <address> tag for a heading element

** Judgement: Use frog jump to fetch water from river Niger and transfer it to river Benue

6. Mixing style with content (not dynamically generated so there is no excuse)

** Judgement: Restriction from the latest browsers for 4 weeks. Use internet explorer 6 for the next 4 weeks.

88% scanned ........... Fix the errors before scan can continue.

2 Likes

Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
@blueyedgeek, u sounded funny and like a web guru, actually all the errors were not there b4, but i made a mistake of updating the template i used, so all the hand coding i did all disappeared, so i had to just copy codes from localhost to it. i am assuring u that tonight, u wont see any of those errors again.
please i will like to know u better if possible mail me ur contacts at pensoftcorp@gmail.com i will like to know u better concerning web devt.
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by blueyedgeek(m): 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
@blueyedgeek, u sounded funny and like a web guru, actually all the errors were not there b4, but i made a mistake of updating the template i used, so all the hand coding i did all disappeared, so i had to just copy codes from localhost to it. i am assuring u that tonight, u wont see any of those errors again.
please i will like to know u better if possible mail me ur contacts at pensoftcorp@gmail.com i will like to know u better concerning web devt.
I'm not a web guru ooo, would probably classify myself as an advanced beginner. I Will shoot you a mail as requested.
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Like some others have mentioned, it does look like a blog and from navigating the site, I'm just going to assume that it's a blog. I'm also going to say that it needs more content before any kind of useful review can be given. But from what you've put up so far..........

Pros

** Cool colour combination (the colours really blend well)

** Clean minimal look (The focus here is on the text and so it requires very little images to spice things up).

SINS

1. Spelled 'thoughts' as 'throughts' and yet claim to use it on purpose

** Judgement: 3 hot slaps

2. Clicking on join redirects to http://localhost/dumpster/wp-login.php?action=register

** Judgement: Locked in a cell to listen to Tonto Dike's singing

3. Same redirection to a malformed url takes place when you click on 'submit a story', 'visit us' and 'what is this?'

** Judgement: Thrown into the same ring with the Big Show for a last man standing match

4. Login doesn't do a damn thing

** Judgement: Chant 'I will never add a dead link to a live site again' until such a time when pigs learn to write semantic HTML markup.

5. Used <address> tag for a heading element

** Judgement: Use frog jump to fetch water from river Niger and transfer it to river Benue

6. Mixing style with content (not dynamically generated so there is no excuse)

** Judgement: Restriction from the latest browsers for 4 weeks. Use internet explorer 6 for the next 4 weeks.

88% scanned ........... Fix the errors before scan can continue.
Chisos! see errors. . . . .dies!
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 11:59am On Jan 04, 2015
dhtml18:

Chisos! see errors. . . . .dies!
they are actually not errors, they happened cos i made a mistake of updating the template i used, so all the codes and adjustment i did all disappeared.
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2015
concerning the name: throughts, i used it cos i wanted something unique and not a regular word
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
PenSoftCorp:
concerning the name: throughts, i used it cos i wanted something unique and not a regular word
Even that name sef kinda gives me the sheeevers
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
dhtml18:

Even that name sef kinda gives me the sheeevers
sorry for asking, what happens when u are banned on nairaland
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by donsheddy1(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

they are actually not errors, they happened cos i made a mistake of updating the template i used, so all the codes and adjustment i did all disappeared.
And u know u put the website up for criticism right. What developer does that? To stop simple theme upate, just design them urself and you'll never get to update theme again. Who's with me on this one?
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by donsheddy1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
In addition, the website's cool and also has a back link on the footer that reads

"Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Ryu by Anisoft.company."

I love this and the name (throughts) will make some sense in my village ducktionary. Bro keep up the good work.
You're a genius!
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
guys, thank u all for your beautiful responses, when i am through with it, i will notify you all .
THANKS
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
finaly guys, i am done, please i need your final review, the site is www.throughts.com
THANKS
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by donsheddy1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
bross you have tried. *SMH* and leaving thread
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
donsheddy1:
bross you have tried. *SMH* and leaving thread
thanks, i need u to check it out and tell me what i can do to improve it.
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by donsheddy1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

thanks, i need u to check it out and tell me what i can do to improve it.
Honestly, There's nothing to comment on the website other than it's simple.
Okay let me do the amebo here.
1. Proudly powered by Anisoft Corp has a backlink to wordpress.org
2. Even on Pc still looks like A mobile site.
3. You still left ryu's name on the footer note
4. You left a login page that directs to /wp-login (so old fashioned) knowing that new registration is not allowed
5. Too many under construction pages

In a nutshell, You have tried.
Re: X-mass Parol - Abeg Programmers In The House, Review This Site by PenSoftCorp(m): 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
donsheddy1:

Honestly, There's nothing to comment on the website other than it's simple.
Okay let me do the amebo here.
1. Proudly powered by Anisoft Corp has a backlink to wordpress.org
2. Even on Pc still looks like A mobile site.
3. You still left ryu's name on the footer note
4. You left a login page that directs to /wp-login (so old fashioned) knowing that new registration is not allowed
5. Too many under construction pages

In a nutshell, You have tried.

Thanks very much, your points are well noted.

(1) (Reply)

If You Have 6k Right Now, Come & Carry This Blog I Want To Sell It ASAP! / Get A Responsive Blog For Just #7,500 (with .com.ng Domain And Android App) / Wordpress Video Tutorial Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.