Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa (19990 Views)

An Open Letter To Senator David Mark -nigeria Senate President / Google.com.ng Changes Logo To Mark Nigeria's Election / Landlord Offers 28 Tenants Free Rent, To Mark Nigeria’s 50th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Rilikoko(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
We don’t have many friends in Africa.” That formed part of the words by Senate President David Mark while narrating his experience in South Africa during the Nations Cup final between Nigeria and Burkina Faso.

Speaking at plenary yesterday during a debate on a motion by Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu and 107 others, on Nigeria’s Outing at the AFCON 2013, Mark noted that very few people from other African countries wanted Nigeria to win the trophy.

“From my interaction with people from other African countries who went to watch the match, I observed that we don’t have many friends in Africa. Only very few people, including those I interacted with in the State bus, supported us. They believed that Nigeria is great already, and they wanted Burkina Faso to win. I think this implies that as a nation, we should learn to be self-reliant”, Mark said.

It would be recalled that Mark led a Federal Government delegation to South Africa to spur the Super Eagles to victory following President Goodluck Jonathan’s inability to cheer the team in person as earlier promised.
www.informationng.com/2013/02/most-african-countries-are-enemies-of-nigeria-mark.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

His Mark a learner??...Good thing he witnessed it firsthand

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by edoyad(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
It's natural for a neutral fan to support the underdog. I was rooting for Celtic last night, that doesn't mean I hate Juve.

7 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by GARRIx7(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
^^^

"Enemy" is a Strong word and it was misapplied here. The fact that many Africans don't support your team doesn't mean they hate you or are your enemies. A simpleton (like most folks on NL) who doesn't read the entire article would be mislead from the actual point Mark was trying to make..

7 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Tolexander: 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
actually thought David mark was talking about african politics and diplomacy when i saw the topic. But got to realise he was just talking about other african countries' preference for burkina faso to Nigeria for the coveted trophy.
It is a normal thing base on the fact that burkina faso was an underdog in the tournament and had never reached the final before. Also not really involved in any diplomatic row with almost all african countries.

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by redsun(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
Yeye man. David mark himself and his cohorts are the number one enemies if Nigeria. The salaries and allowances alone that othey award themselves at a time when 80 percent of pnigerians are starving is treasonable. Not to talk if the magomago that goes on behind the scenes,like hijacking job positions that are main for competent nigerians for their incompetent and conniving cohorts.Talk about contract kickbacks and over inflation of contract quotations.

He is a traitor that will be judged when Nigeria is taken over by same people. When I mean sane people,I don't mean the present opposition,because they are just as bad. They are only crying out now because they are not in possession of the real honey comb,not for the interest of helpless nigerians.

28 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
redsun: True man. David mark himself and his cohorts are the number one enemies if Nigeria. The salaries and allowances alone that othey award themselves at a time when 80 percent of pnigerians are starving is treasonable. Not to talk if the magomago that goes on behind the scenes,like hijacking job positions that are main for competent nigerians for their incompetent and conniving cohorts.Talk about contract kickbacks and over inflation of contract quotations.

He is a traitor that will be judged when Nigeria is taken over by same people. When I mean sane people,I don't mean the present opposition,because they are just as bad. They are only crying out now because they are not in possession of the real honey comb,not for the interest of helpless nigerians.
80 per cent of Nigerians are "starving" only in your drug-addled dreams. Dumb idi.ot. And you might as well insult all leaders on earth if you're going to talk about contract inflation and kickbacks. I guess in your drugged up mind that happens only in Nigeria. And of course you would definitely have nothing to do with such practices if you came to power, since you're made of saintly stock. Idiattt.

9 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by jaso1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
The reasons behind this are so enourmous.
Nigeria is the most currupt country in Africa with available resources.
Nigeria govt hate its citizen
The citizens are so religious cowards.
Nigeria make mouth when it is nothing.
Nigeria so much depend on foregn country except during evil Abacha
Nigeria misappropriate whats enough to turn aroud things in africa.
Nigerian are also not soldier like other africa coutry that challenge govt inappropriate.
Most of bad policies are copied from Nigeria by co-bad leaders to manipulate their ciizens.
A lot to be mentioned.

15 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by redsun(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
ROSSIKE: 80 per cent of Nigerians are "starving" only in your drug-addled dreams. Dumb idi.ot. And you might as well insult all leaders on earth if you're going to talk about contract inflation and kickbacks. I guess in your drugged up mind that happens only in Nigeria. And of course you would definitely have onothing to do with such practices if you came to power, since you're made of saintly stock. Idiattt.

Will Any atrocity make any difference to a subcreature like u. U are damned for good,my opinions are not for you. But always bear in UR "sublime" mind that creatures like u are what people like me will definitely root out in our society for it to make sense.

20 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by pheyikemi: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hell no. Politicians are the first class enemies of Nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by ndala(m): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
E concern us ni? We pass dem dats y dey are jealouse of us. E.g GHANA must go grin

8 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by igbsam(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Is it only Africa ? All over the world. Wished they would start stoning them with tomatoes during their travelling periods. Then they would understand what Nigerians in diaspora are going through so they can put things in place in Nigeria. Nonsense! Like the poster said, Is he a learner ?

3 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Etumgbe(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
friends or no friends where is the cup now? we don't need more friends sef afterall police is our friend here
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Heatblast(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
At least we know that Ghanians don't like us.
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by ritux: 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
edoyad: It's natural for a neutral fan to support the underdog. I was rooting for Celtic last night, that doesn't mean I hate Juve.

My thoughts exactly. In most competitions, neutral fans tend to support the underdogs.
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
Yep,we are the envy of most Africa countries,whereby at any opportunity,they lash at Nigerians,ie the case of Yellow fever vaccination in South AFrica. Its simply jealousy o the part of the country,cos God has always being a Nigerian. Nigerians are simply tolerant people,that's why we often overlook their shortcomings.

I pledge to Nigeria,My country.

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by ipromise: 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
However, nigerians did not support Ghana against burkina faso....what goes around comes around.

3 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by sirhot(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
The Senate President is very correct, you will really understand if stay outside the country. Most Africans here did not watch the finals because Nigeria was playing. I remember asking a Ghanaian after the finals whether he watched the match, he bluntly answered 'why should I watch Nigeria play'? But I remember last year's Nations Cup, I watched almost all the matches. So Oga Mark is very correct. Other Africans are not happy that Nigeria took the trophy even South Africa the host.

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by kallysky(f): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
are you just knowing that?
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by onila(f): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
it is not about burkina faso being the underdog or not.... most Africans dislike and envy Nigerians...what do u expect when the average Nigerian is arrogant and rude

2 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
I HOPE THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ALL THOSE USELESS PAN-AFRICANISTS! angry angry angry angry
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by sirhot(m): 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
onila: it is not about burkina faso being the underdog or not.... most Africans dislike and envy Nigerians...what do u expect when the average Nigerian is arrogant and rude
Not so my dear, Naija just get swag, wey dem dey jealous.

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Reference(m): 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
edoyad: It's natural for a neutral fan to support the underdog. I was rooting for Celtic last night, that doesn't mean I hate Juve.

And does David Mark look like a football fan. You just don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Conquistador: 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
ndala: E concern us ni? We pass dem dats y dey are jealouse of us. E.g GHANA must go grin
pure crap.arrant n0nsense!

2 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
not ALL ghanaians hate nigeria i am half ghanian and all the people(ghanaians) i know really like nigerians plz dnt generalize

5 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Conquistador: 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
ipromise: However, nigerians did not support Ghana against burkina faso....what goes around comes around.
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by otumfour(m): 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
redsun:

Will Any atrocity make any difference to a subcreature like u. U are damned for good,my opinions are not for you. But always bear in UR "sublime" mind that creatures like u are what people like me will definitely root out in our society for it to make sense.

U dey mind that ape from the Animal Kingdom documentary , his types, are the problems in nigeria grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Capnd143(m): 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
When will we youths who claim to know the way out ever rise up to this challenges facing our country? When the leaders have all gone beyond red lines, do we still sit and pray things get better while the leaders keep loating?

i can remember that memorable day when fellow christians brothers formed a symbolic shield around muslims while the prayed during the fuel subsidy protest, who on earth who have thought would have been possible? Its we the youths that first need to mobilize ourselves through all possible channels and work together to influence the decisions of the Government!

*There are many revolutionary movement i currently know of, but the problem is their coming together to achieve the ultimate goal! There are many Nigerians who are willing the effect the change, but who is going to make the first move? If this under-groups come together, indeed anything and everything is possible, i know of a lot of them and who ever whishes to see a new nigeria' by being a part of this movement should contact me! We just need coperation among the youths and then Nigeria can truely assume its place as Giants of Africa and Imperialist in the making!GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

#OccupyNigeria2013

2 Likes

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by 76Naira(m): 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mark got it wrong!
The hatred is from Nigerians towards their insincere and fraudulent leaders; a group he needs to show he does not belong to.
Too many Nigerians are desperate partly because they have been perennially deprived.

Our leaders keep spending millions abroad for medical treatments while millions die at home for lack of same.

Mark isn't the only well travelled Nigerian and yes we know when and where we are disliked but its not over football and not right now!

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Dygeasy(m): 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
Reference:

And does David Mark look like a football fan. You just don't get it.
but he based his theory on the AFCON final match he watched...

Now who isn't getting it?
Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by ndala(m): 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
Conquistador: pure crap.arrant n0nsense!
please who are u refering to ? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Mark : Nigeria Has Less Friends In Africa by Naledi14(f): 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
coming from an African thats not of Nigerian descent i think it has to do with how Nigerians interact with other Africans its almost fashionable amongst Nigerians to be rude but i must say some Nigerians are not like that all there are some very nice Nigerians out there. the image Nigerians project to other Africans is that you all need us more than we need you. No man is an Island.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Presidency: Handover To A Christian, We Are Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket – PFN / Francis Waive Begs Governor Okowa For Toyota SUV Given To PDP Lawmakers / Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.