Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Why Are You Still Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are You Still Married? (11525 Views)

Nigerian Dr To Become A Father After 15years: But He Is Still Married? / Sweet Love But He Still Married A Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Why does these silly topics make frontpage
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by bjcole(m): 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
Tgirl4real: Call it a resaerch...

I see several people around me stay in marriage for different reasons other than cos they love their spouses.

Some stay cos of their personal resolve.

Some stay cos of the society - church influence, economic situation and all

Some cos of their family

Some cos of the kids.

Lastly, (with the smallest percentage) some stay cos they love their spouses.

From my observation, those that have stayed for reasons other than their personal resolve and the love of their spouses end up breaking up at a later year. So, it brings me to conclude that if all these external influences - societal pressure, family, church influence, kids and all are removed, most marriages would not last till their 3 anniversary.

Whatever your reasons for staying in a marriage will worth after all, all the reasons you listed up are the reasons for marriage in actual sense, one thing i have discovered about love is that, you choose to love someone, you can always love your spouse, if you choose to. For me, I m in my marriage for all the reasons you listed up there and i have chosen to love my wife unconditionally and she submits to me too, hence my happiness in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

LMAO . . before nko!
See all the cretin-like men around now. A girl's gotta be smart about these things wink cheesy
now this got me laughing. Cretin-like indeed. You need to see the way the lot of them toy with girls of low self esteem
@ poster's question, I married my hubby because I love him so much. He does anything in his power to make me happy. What more can a girl ask for.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nautical000(m): 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] ao did u knw?
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by IYANGBALI: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
Her toto dey trip me just like that of a virgin
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by babyme1(f): 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Because i love my husband, and we look good together!
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by IYANGBALI: 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
mobuch:
Why does these silly topics make frontpage
front page is now cash and carry
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Tgirl! Na wish kain risash be dis o?!
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by paranorman(m): 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
greatgod2012: First and most importantly, because i love my hubby and i want to remain married to him, making him happy d same way he makes me happy.
To be associated with my hubby.
To cater, raise and ensure brighter future for our children together with their father.
good girl...
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by grafikii: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ujujoan: Same reason I got married in the first place . . . . cool cool
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
Tgirl4real: Awwww... How sweet! cheesy

Are u guys telling me my observation is wrong?

May be it's only those in love that are talking. grin
Please, I'll like to know how you came up with the reasons you gave above.
Did the wives tell you by themselves? For example: did any the women tell you something like, "Tgirl, I'm still in this marriage because of his influence, financial status...."
Or you just came up with it by simply "observing" them! Do you happen to be living with all of them?
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by OdenigboAroli1: 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ada Nri1: now this got me laughing. Cretin-like indeed. You need to see the way the lot of them toy with girls of low self esteem
@ poster's question, I married my hubby because I love him so much. He does anything in his power to make me happy. What more can a girl ask for.

They must have toyed with you a lot
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by OdenigboAroli1: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
kwangi: Please, I'll like to know how you came up with the reasons you gave above.
Did the wives tell you by themselves? For example: did any the women tell you something like, "Tgirl, I'm still in this marriage because of his influence, financial status...."
Or you just came up with it by simply "observing" them! Do you happen to be living with all of them?

No mind am, they just wake up from a bad dream and start posting horrible things about men not loving ladies.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Probable answer "BECOS OF WHAT PPL WILL SAY"

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by 1manssquard(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ask her y did she get married

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by emandman: 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Whr are the married men...only married woman jst dey comment.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by thatchic: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
My life is complete without him. But with him it is pure perfection.
7+ years and three kids. He is still the one I yearn for. He never ceases to amaze me and yesterday for valentine he made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by vision2050: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
cocospice:
2: becos of my kids want them to be nurtured and grow up under one roof with their parents.
this part of the research that op conducted... Many remain in marraige because of their children..... For instant my mother should have brakeup with my dad 10years ago but she remain in the marraige because of us (5 children) she did not want us to suffer, to jod be the glory she is reaping the fruit of her labour......... Yoruba adage says -: A ti gbeyawo o'lejo owo obe lo soro:-
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by try69: 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
@Op u dey wait for suffering & smilling people to tell you their problems? You go grow grey hair..
Abeg go ask for some foreign forum if u need genuine answers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by HARDDON: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
Most of all dem responses above are all faked up.

Buh I'd Shrug a shoulder and give kudos to em ƒoя not speaking foul of dem partners. Cos , ofcos, two shall be oηε.

But after all said and done, he Who wears d shoe knows where it hurts.

Ʊ made Ʊ choices, n till death do ya'll part.

Op, wish i Cud ß of help....buh can't

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
I know this couple that have been married for 17years and for long in our fellowship they keep winning best couple of the year. I wonder how they do it.
I guess is genuine love in progress....
Wanna be married for that long, but the thing is am impatient and quick to get angry.
Best of luck married people angry
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

Met a wonderful man . . . wanted to keep him all to myself! cool cool

You don't want to keep him anymore?
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by toykathy(f): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

Lol . . . or maybe those not talking just don't want to share!

You are very right. No one will want to share their marital crisis on Nairaland
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by vanstanzy(m): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
Cos its Gods will and am deeply in-love with my wife. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Philolos: 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2013

I see several people around me stay in marriage for different reasons other than cos they love their spouses.

Some cos of their family

Some cos of the kids.

From my observation, those that have stayed for reasons other than their personal resolve and the love of their spouses end up breaking up at a later year. So, it brings me to conclude that if all these external influences - societal pressure, family, church influence, kids and all are removed, most marriages would not last till their 3 anniversary.

@OP: Don't be greedy. Isn't 3 years of marriage enough? The bible says no one is promised tomorrow, which may contradict those looking for guaranteed happy marriages that last till end do us part. Perhaps if you are married or intend to get married, you may only be happily married for the first few weeks or years of the marriage. And there are a few that consider themselves happily married only years after toiling in the marriage. Be optimistic and upbeat. Take what you can and run with it. As we are not promised tomorrow, we can't guarantee our commitment as fallible humans. Look at your own parents...
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
I VE BEEN READING UP ON PEOPLES POSTS. THANKS BUT I AINT BUYING YO BULLCRAP
WHATEVA HAPPENED 2 I DONT HAVE A CHOICE. AND IM NOT AS HOT AS I USED 2 BE & A VERY POPULAR ONE BECAUSE OF THE KIDS

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

LMAO . . before nko!
See all the cretin-like men around now. A girl's gotta be smart about these things wink cheesy

You never marry Jack!
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
justwise:

You don't want to keep him anymore?

No just go there.......GST101 is tough already.And she is belittling men!
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by Reference(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2013

Some cos of their family

Some cos of the kids.

My dear, the relationship called marraige is not fundamentally different from all other types of relationship. Take the ones at work.

We may say, oh I love my job. I have great colleagues, a caring boss bla, bla, bla, but deep within us or after a while we come to accept that we are in it just for the money or perhaps, 'heck at my age I should be working, I should be independent'.

What I'm saying is that it is important or just as important to have a relationship that you can grow to love than to have one you love to grow. I personally donot see anything wrong in people hanging around each other on the basis of other interests.

Just like church. Not every one who hangs church loves God but its better to. On then do you stand a chance of discover. Hang in there. Caveat: Except there is unsurmountable danger to your person.
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by chii8(f): 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
am 3yrs in marriage nw,wt 2 kids,am still married to my hubby cos i knw dat in as much as he cherishes nw in our tryn tyms dat wen our sun wl com out,he wl treat me lk an egg,still luv him so much
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by obitrac: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
achina boy: ok,i got married because i was in love,we met in a student hostel,4guys and she was the only girl,the other three guys was like trying to impress her,but for me i was in love with her the first day she moved in,it was like this is the girl i have been looking for so many years,but we never say hi to eachother for more than 4months,along the line,she was also in love without even saying hi to me,then one day i knocked on her door,she open and said can i help u?,i said yes, can i come in?she said yes,then i sat down,and then we talked for 5mins and i told her,am here because am inlove with u,and i would like to marry u if u permit me,and the story goes from there,after 8years with three kids,we are still in love like the day we met jah blesss
see as u take compose ur story come add pepper make d tory sweet
Re: Why Are You Still Married? by biafranqueen: 8:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
r..We work out together do our business together, pray and play, spend every day except for travel we both can't make and I will go and he stay with the children
Still Married because I am in heaven since the first day he saw me in party and said so its you my Angel wink My guy heh is too much thank you God!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself / T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.