Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora (17470 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by OmoEziokwu: 12:49am On Feb 14, 2013
No place is free from flaws whether its London, Tokyo or New York, but I swear if you have lived outside Nigeria and experienced how things work in a normal society, anytime you think about Nigeria you would just get mad! This post is annoying. RUBBISH!

9 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by dayokanu(m): 12:51am On Feb 14, 2013
Troll alert
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 14, 2013
apache77: Dear Nigerian in Diaspora,

Time and time again, you have justified your reason for leaving our fatherland. Or is it motherland? You said it is because you want to give your children a better life and opportunity than you had. We accepted your reason, as looking at the current state of our nation, we see every validity in your reason. And we did not trouble you or hassle you over that decision.

Just like we did not hassle you over this decision, we would like you to reciprocate this gesture by not hassling us over our decision to stay back.

Dear NID, I have noticed that the way you talk about issues pertaining to our country is far different from the way we here take it. Have you ever wondered why the tone of your comments about this country is far different from the tones of the Nigerians in Nigeria? Once there is a tragic event, you have a way of blowing it over the top, exaggerating, and wondering what our dear country is turning to. If only you reacted this way to every good thing that happened in our country, maybe the western world won’t always present a single story about us in their press.

Your comments of “I can never send my children to Nigeria on a holiday because they would either be robbed, kidnapped or used for rituals,” doesn’t really sound encouraging, especially as you have never suggested one solution to this problem we are facing. Please tell me, what percentage of the ones who came here during last holiday were subject to this cruel fate you imagine?

But Dear NID, I begin to wonder

Why are you always the ones to point out just how bad our country is to us, as if we are too blind to see it?

Why are you the ones that always hammer on the fact that we here are the stupidly religious ones? That we all follow our pastors like blind fools? Please, let the people that want to buy jets for their pastors do so. As you have tied your hope to the white man giving you a better life, they have also tied their hope to their pastors giving them miracles, since many of them would never have the opportunity to leave this side of the world. After all, they learnt it from the numerous pastors in America, who also bought private jets from money they got from televangelism and offerings too. Our pastors still have a long way to go when it comes to acquiring private jets.

Why are you always the first to mention how you don't see Nigeria ever getting better, how you lost hope in Nigeria a long time ago? We know about your lost hope, your exit already tells us that much.

Why are you the ones who dismiss songs of hope in Nigeria, such as Great Nation by Timi Dakolo, The Future is here by TY Bello, etc. as wishful thinking? Just because you have lost hope in our country doesn’t mean you should try to kill the hope of those left.

You have left, fine! Your children and grandchildren would probably never visit Nigeria in their life time, fine! We don’t have an issue with that, it’s your family, you can do whatever you like with them. You have said over and over again how you don’t care for Nigeria and her issues anymore. Yes, we get that. Since that is the case, we expect you to follow suit with your words, and really NOT care again, by forgetting that Nigeria exists in your dictionary. Or does the fact that you can’t stop talking and complaining about Nigeria despite the fact that you claim not to care really mean that your ‘care-less’ statements are not true? Selah

Dear NID, you should know that not all of us have the opportunity to leave like you, and even when some of us do, we just don't want to. We have chosen to stay. We were not forced to stay, we chose to. Live with your choice and let us live with ours.

Dear NID, even if you have stopped believing in Nigeria, and do not see yourself ever returning here, can you please stop asking us to do the same? Can you please, stop expecting us to stop hoping that we would get better, just because you stopped hoping? Cos unfortunately, some of us have nowhere else to go, and no matter how many people leave, some of us here still have to stay back, and make Nigeria good again.

Dear NID, you forget that when your family is bad, and you choose to run to another family because they are good, it won’t solve the problem of the ‘badness’ of your family. Your family will still be bad. Selah

Dear NID, why is it that whenever I ask you about the solution to this country you claim you do not care about, but can never stop talking about, you tell me the only solution is to split? Unity or splitting - which of the options would cost more? Are you ready to sacrifice the remaining family you left here to the unavoidable bloodshed that would happen if your splitting fantasies ever became a reality (no pun intended)? Wait no, you would move all of them out of the country and make them fellow NIDs like you - another fantasy that would never become a reality, thanks to the white man that would rather die than see that happen.

Nigeria is a big menace and it is like a time bomb waiting to explode, with the injustice, corruption, insecurities, and other negative nouns I would not even bother to mention, but rather leave for the political bloggers and writers to deal with. One thing we know is this, in no way would leaving the country ever solve all the migraine-genera­ting problems of our country. But as we have said before, we don’t have any problem with the choice you made. After all, there is the fight or flight approach to be taken in any battle. You chose the flight, while we chose the former.

It is okay that you have decided to have as little as possible to do with us, but please, live and let live. Don’t tell me to shut up when I say something good can still come out of Nigeria – I will still say it. Don’t try to take away the hope we have left with your comments of how failed and hopeless we are. Hoping in this k-leg country of ours is very difficult, and we should be encouraged and commended for doing so. In the face of the unexplainable nonsense our leaders put us through in this country, our hope is honestly the only thing we have. Take that away from us, and we had better started committing suicide because a hopeless person is a walking-dead.

And if you are a NID because your parents stole our commonwealth, sent you out to have a better life, and you in turn, pay us back by trying to kill our spirit with your hope-sucking statements, thereby making me spend time to write this letter which would most likely generate comments I would rather not deal with my way, well… since I have no power to do anything to you, I leave you for God to judge. That is not because I am meek like Moses, it is because I really have no power to do anything to you – at least, for now.

Dear NID, in spite of all the nonsense happening in every sector of the country, you can call me deluded, but I still say Nigeria has a great future. Okay, I said it come and flog me. Oh I forgot, you would have to come down to Nigeria to do that.

Dear NID, I think I should stop here for now, as I strongly suspect that I am beginning to ramble.

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

http://www.hattylolla.com/2013/01/dear-nigerian-in-diaspora.html
[b]May God bless whosoever wrote this letter.Its high time we ask ourselves what have we done to improve the state of the nation.It is said that you must not have the whole world in other to show love by giving.Its high time we Nigerians should start thinking of what we can do for the nation since we feel the Government of the past has failed us.We should look for what we can do for the nation.Because if we keep being pessimist it will lead us no where even if the Government is working that biase and pessimistic feelings will keep blinding us.It is high time we change our choice of word we use for this country.If we keep hailing insult and cursing the country how do we grow?Even the great nations of the world do have their own challenges.There is no country in a Uthopian state.Therefore we should keep praying for our country.An average American prays for his country daily by simply saying "God bless America" why do you think God will close his eyes to them.We Nigerians should imbibe that culture also be you Christian,Moslem,Traditionalist or Atheist by praying for our beloved and great nation.Because the Nigeria been spoken about and insulted is us.Without Nigeria there can be no us be you in Naija or in Diaspora[/b]
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 14, 2013
OmoEziokwu: No place is free from flaws whether its London, Tokyo or New York, but I swear if you have lived outside Nigeria and experienced how things work in a normal society, anytime you think about Nigeria you would just get mad! This post is annoying. RUBBISH!
Nigeria is lawless, unplanned, and corrupt, these are basic known facts, we need you guys that know how the system should work to join PDP or APC and contest for elective position, that is how to change things from the inside, not by internet insults and curses of the country.

4 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by slimfit1(m): 12:55am On Feb 14, 2013
Paid reporter please don't waste your text on that guy or this guy dee ni he will deny he hasn't being paid for this gibberish now. Look you better seat up and write better things with your energy I feel sorry for you.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by An0nimus: 1:00am On Feb 14, 2013
@Macdaddy
With all due repsect Sir, leave Nigerians and whatever religion they want to practise. Everyman has a right to choose what he wants. I like your first post but its just too religion biased. like Nigeria is the only country in the world with Christians, Muslims, Pastors, Imams and all forms of theists and co..
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by MacDaddy01: 1:00am On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Congratulations then, perhaps its why you have not vented your annoyance on Nigeria yet, you really need to caution those Nigerians abroad who insult our collective nationhood and put us in bad light.

smiley smiley
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by linearity: 1:01am On Feb 14, 2013
OP, you paint with too wide a brush. For every single accusation above leveled against a tiny percentage of NID, you can find an equal or more percentage of NIN holding the same beliefs.

This is the problem with stereotyping...Some NID and NIN complains about Nigeria and still some NID and NIN extols the virtues in Nigeria.

I can pickup that your write-up and represent every single reference to NID with NIN and it will still be 100% and as relevant and accurate as your write-up....

So stop making much ado about nothing! We all love this country call Nigeria, there is no place like home. NIN do not love it more than NID.

After all, many NIN have left their villages to Lagos and many urban centers in Nigeria to pursue their dream, and still believe themselves to be tightly united with their villages and they do not hold back when they read in prints customs, beliefs, events, etc.. they are well aware of but do not conform to the norms of a modern society, still taking place back in their villages.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 14, 2013
tha_originator: Damn angry so cloes, next time sha! cool
I cast away every spirit of almost there syndrom in your life.Shout a big Amen

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by delors(m): 1:03am On Feb 14, 2013
Cool down jo...who tell u say we don lose hope for naija....abeg dey verufy n do research well before u come here come dey yarn bone thugs. You know the kind re-branding we dey do for where we dey? Me lose hope? Lailai! I go come leave all that oil money for una make una dey waste am? God forbid bad thing...na me n una go chop that national cake for sure..

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by MacLovington(m): 1:04am On Feb 14, 2013
Whenever Nigerians are ready to roll up their sleeves and face nation building squarely, they will. Now we don't have the political leadership. We've not really had one at the national level. The closest we've had was Buhari/Idiagbon regime. Abacha did his own in his "rayban" way but he stole too much. SW had one in Awo.

Seeing how NID help to run efficient and functional systems as civil servants, doctors, lawyers, IT gurus, scientists etc, It give me hope that someday, we will get there. Don't ask me when.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 14, 2013
A grand attempt was made in 2009 to re-brand, not fix, a thoroughly dysfunctional country called Nigeria. Of course, we all know the results.

A NEW joke is doing the rounds in Nigeria. Got a problem with your car, or your generator's stopped working? Don't fix it! Rebrand it! The grim humour reflects scepticism about a national rebranding campaign launched by the government to bring tourists and foreign investment to Nigeria, and generally to buff up the country's image. The campaign's slogan is “Nigeria: Good People, Great Nation”.

The force behind it is Dora Akunyili, the new minister of information. She welcomes the fact that Nigerians are talking and even laughing about the rebranding. “It was not my intention but I am very happy it has generated these discussions, because they are very healthy for our democracy,” she says.

Ms Akunyili made a name for herself as the campaigning head of the country's food and drug standards' agency. Her zealous pursuit of counterfeit medicines nearly earned her a bullet in the head, leaving instead a hole in her headdress. Aware of the cynicism, she says she will not spend any extra public money on the rebranding campaign. Instead, she has about $1m left over from the government's previous attempt to rebrand Nigeria which carried the slogan “Nigeria, Heart of Africa”. She wants private business to meet the rest of the cost.

The previous exercise failed, and there is little reason to expect the latest one to do much better. Many Nigerians say their government should tackle the country's fundamental problems—power shortages, crime and corruption—before worrying about its image. “They [the government] have been sending texts to my phone, telling us about how to reorganise Nigeria, how to reorganise our minds, our heads,” says Olufemi Oyegun, an oil-and-gas man in Lagos, the commercial capital. “But it's our leaders that are our main problem, not the people.”

Fraud and corruption still scare businesses away from Nigeria, even though its market of 140m people is Africa's largest. In a recent report, ORC Worldwide, a consultancy, listed Lagos, with its violent crime, bad roads and wretched sanitation, as the world's worst place for expatriates to live in. A spot of rebranding is unlikely to wash away such awkward findings.

http://www.economist.com/node/13579116
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by s25million: 1:07am On Feb 14, 2013
You have clearly spoken well void of patronage. The Nigerian dilemma is primarily a product of it's citizen's long standing continuum of fear and a lax approach to the disarray of governance.Fear of confrontation, TRIBALISM, conspicuos CLANNISH FAVORATISM, prevailing dissension in values, beliefs and ideologies. These and many more have constituted the diminishing ray of Hope always held by NID. Everyone seem to be comfortable with the thoroughly inept system, more disturbing is folks back home readily gratifying and defending most dysfunctionalities in the system like some folks resolutely advocating for a civil servant eating amala and ewedu while on active duty with patrons right in front of him on queue. With a mindset like that, where do we start from?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by margaritav(f): 1:08am On Feb 14, 2013
The idea that Nigerians in Diaspora owes Nigeria something is baffling to me.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by adconline(m): 1:10am On Feb 14, 2013
A comparison is based on 2 known conditions. It takes a NID to know that Naija is headed in the wrong direction. How can you say that Abeokuta is better than Abuja when you have only lived in Abeokuta all your life?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by chreldb(m): 1:13am On Feb 14, 2013
OP every single thing you accused Nigerians in diaspora of Nigerians in Nigeria are also guilty of. And your generic descriptive stereotype of NIgerians in diaspora is wrong.

let me take some quotes from your letter. I can fault and rubbish every single thing you wrote but that will be a waste of time. So I would just highlight a few.

1. "Once there is a tragic event, you have a way of blowing it over the top, exaggerating, and wondering what our dear country is turning to".

So are you inferring that Nigerians in Nigeria (NIN) also do not do the same? When there is news of bomb blast in the north for example, please tell me how NINs react? Do They/we wonder or not "what our dear country is turning into" And what is this you say about blowing over the top and exaggeration of a tragedy such as bomb blast, plane crash, monumental corruption e.t.c. You have absolutely no point there. Whether NIN or NID what kind of reaction do you expect?

1B. If only you reacted this way to every good thing that happened in our country, maybe the western world won’t always present a single story about us in their press.

Ermm..... the super eagles just won the AFCON and both NIDs and NINs celebrated the victory. Infact some NIDs in the spirit of patriotism even played for team Nigeria. Mikel, Emenike, Enyeama, Ambrose Efe e.t.c. So stop talking trash!

2. "Your comments of “I can never send my children to Nigeria on a holiday because they would either be robbed, kidnapped or used for rituals,” doesn’t really sound encouraging, especially as you have never suggested one solution to this problem we are facing. Please tell me, what percentage of the ones who came here during last holiday were subject to this cruel fate you imagine?"

OP please if you are from the south and you have any relative sent to a boko haram state like Maiduguri for NYSC please do not be worried after all I am sure that the percentage of corpers killed or harmed serving in those states is relatively small compared to the total number of corpers sent. My point is that it is absolutely normal to be concerned about the security of yourself or loved ones. @ the moment to call a spade a spade the security situation in Nigeria is not encouraging. Secondly is it all NID that have refused to come to Nigeria for holidays? If that is the case then state it as a matter of fact if you can.

3. Dear NID, you forget that when your family is bad, and you choose to run to another family because they are good, it won’t solve the problem of the ‘badness’ of your family. Your family will still be bad. Selah

True, but however, you can use the so called good family as a model of how your family should be and can learn a thing or two from them in order to improve your own family.

4. Dear NID, why is it that whenever I ask you about the solution to this country you claim you do not care about, but can never stop talking about, you tell me the only solution is to split? Unity or splitting

Excuse me o!! but who really is more guilty of this NID or NIN. Who are the category of Nigerians clamouring for a break up? Biafra, Arewa, Niger Delta, Oduduwa republics e.t.c. Are they being championed by Nigerians in diaspoa or Nigerians in Nigeria?

5. Dear NID, in spite of all the nonsense happening in every sector of the country, you can call me deluded, but I still say Nigeria has a great future. Okay, I said it come and flog me. Oh I forgot, you would have to come down to Nigeria to do that.

Both NID and NIN wish Nigeria well. Why would anyone want to flog you for being optimistic?

In conclusion OP stop playing the victim because nobody is victimising you or any Nigerian in Nigeria. If I take a leaf from you then I would generalise that all NIN harbour a level of jelousy to all NID. But I know that is not the case but however, it is the case for you in particular. Try and make your life better and stop playing a victim when nobody is victimising you. Cheers.

PS my Country of residence is Nigeria but I am affiliated with other countries outside Nigeria. That is why I think you are myopic, unexposed and unenlightened for this junk of a letter you have just written.

6 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 14, 2013
margaritav: The idea that Nigerians in Diaspora owes Nigeria something is baffling to me.
They owe Nigeria alot in the form of Foreign exchange in currency.It boost her economy and enhances development.Which means if you are settled abroad and have enough you can joing the development back home no matter how small.Though i dont have now but its one of my huge dream.Aside you look hot.Don't mind knowing you better if you are single.Part of Nigerians in diaspora hooking up you know....wink.....
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by crux007: 1:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Nice post, but you r also sending out the wrng msg.you r making it sound like these Nigerians in diaspora are our enemies or that the issue can't be treated. What I do is simple, itagency..com help in processing admission for students who wishes to school abroad, n in my experience, they come back home, they all want a better Nigeria as do we... Not all of them are guilty of ur accusation
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 14, 2013

Time and time again, you have justified your reason for leaving our fatherland. Or is it motherland? You said it is because you want to give your children a better life and opportunity than you had. We accepted your reason, as looking at the current state of our nation, we see every validity in your reason. And we did not trouble you or hassle you over that decision.

Just like we did not hassle you over this decision, we would like you to reciprocate this gesture by not hassling us over our decision to stay back.

Dear NID, I have noticed that the way you talk about issues pertaining to our country is far different from the way we here take it. Have you ever wondered why the tone of your comments about this country is far different from the tones of the Nigerians in Nigeria? Once there is a tragic event, you have a way of blowing it over the top, exaggerating, and wondering what our dear country is turning to. If only you reacted this way to every good thing that happened in our country, maybe the western world won’t always present a single story about us in their press.

Your comments of “I can never send my children to Nigeria on a holiday because they would either be robbed, kidnapped or used for rituals,” doesn’t really sound encouraging, especially as you have never suggested one solution to this problem we are facing. Please tell me, what percentage of the ones who came here during last holiday were subject to this cruel fate you imagine?

Why are you always the ones to point out just how bad our country is to us, as if we are too blind to see it?

Why are you the ones that always hammer on the fact that we here are the stupidly religious ones? That we all follow our pastors like blind fools? Please, let the people that want to buy jets for their pastors do so. As you have tied your hope to the white man giving you a better life, they have also tied their hope to their pastors giving them miracles, since many of them would never have the opportunity to leave this side of the world. After all, they learnt it from the numerous pastors in America, who also bought private jets from money they got from televangelism and offerings too. Our pastors still have a long way to go when it comes to acquiring private jets.

Why are you always the first to mention how you don't see Nigeria ever getting better, how you lost hope in Nigeria a long time ago? We know about your lost hope, your exit already tells us that much.

Why are you the ones who dismiss songs of hope in Nigeria, such as Great Nation by Timi Dakolo, The Future is here by TY Bello, etc. as wishful thinking? Just because you have lost hope in our country doesn’t mean you should try to kill the hope of those left.

You have left, fine! Your children and grandchildren would probably never visit Nigeria in their life time, fine! We don’t have an issue with that, it’s your family, you can do whatever you like with them. You have said over and over again how you don’t care for Nigeria and her issues anymore. Yes, we get that. Since that is the case, we expect you to follow suit with your words, and really NOT care again, by forgetting that Nigeria exists in your dictionary. Or does the fact that you can’t stop talking and complaining about Nigeria despite the fact that you claim not to care really mean that your ‘care-less’ statements are not true? Selah

Dear NID, you should know that not all of us have the opportunity to leave like you, and even when some of us do, we just don't want to. We have chosen to stay. We were not forced to stay, we chose to. Live with your choice and let us live with ours.

Dear NID, even if you have stopped believing in Nigeria, and do not see yourself ever returning here, can you please stop asking us to do the same? Can you please, stop expecting us to stop hoping that we would get better, just because you stopped hoping? Cos unfortunately, some of us have nowhere else to go, and no matter how many people leave, some of us here still have to stay back, and make Nigeria good again.

Dear NID, you forget that when your family is bad, and you choose to run to another family because they are good, it won’t solve the problem of the ‘badness’ of your family. Your family will still be bad. Selah

Dear NID, why is it that whenever I ask you about the solution to this country you claim you do not care about, but can never stop talking about, you tell me the only solution is to split? Unity or splitting - which of the options would cost more? Are you ready to sacrifice the remaining family you left here to the unavoidable bloodshed that would happen if your splitting fantasies ever became a reality (no pun intended)? Wait no, you would move all of them out of the country and make them fellow NIDs like you - another fantasy that would never become a reality, thanks to the white man that would rather die than see that happen.

Nigeria is a big menace and it is like a time bomb waiting to explode, with the injustice, corruption, insecurities, and other negative nouns I would not even bother to mention, but rather leave for the political bloggers and writers to deal with. One thing we know is this, in no way would leaving the country ever solve all the migraine-genera­ting problems of our country. But as we have said before, we don’t have any problem with the choice you made. After all, there is the fight or flight approach to be taken in any battle. You chose the flight, while we chose the former.

It is okay that you have decided to have as little as possible to do with us, but please, live and let live. Don’t tell me to shut up when I say something good can still come out of Nigeria – I will still say it. Don’t try to take away the hope we have left with your comments of how failed and hopeless we are. Hoping in this k-leg country of ours is very difficult, and we should be encouraged and commended for doing so. In the face of the unexplainable nonsense our leaders put us through in this country, our hope is honestly the only thing we have. Take that away from us, and we had better started committing suicide because a hopeless person is a walking-dead.

And if you are a NID because your parents stole our commonwealth, sent you out to have a better life, and you in turn, pay us back by trying to kill our spirit with your hope-sucking statements, thereby making me spend time to write this letter which would most likely generate comments I would rather not deal with my way, well… since I have no power to do anything to you, I leave you for God to judge. That is not because I am meek like Moses, it is because I really have no power to do anything to you – at least, for now.

Dear NID, in spite of all the nonsense happening in every sector of the country, you can call me deluded, but I still say Nigeria has a great future. Okay, I said it come and flog me. Oh I forgot, you would have to come down to Nigeria to do that.

Dear NID, I think I should stop here for now, as I strongly suspect that I am beginning to ramble.

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

So funny! hope-sucking statements? Isn't it the same gaddamn hope ur generation and those before you have been depending on and what has come of it? A lazy man will not chop...keep having your hope while you are systematically and slowly reduced to Animals in your own country...OKPONU OSHI!!!!
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by obowunmi(m): 1:16am On Feb 14, 2013
too long... embarassed embarassed
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by murtalaa(m): 1:16am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

What if I told you that I'm actually one of the few rich Nigerians in diaspora?
congratulations, after how many toilets? grin
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

What if I told you that I'm actually one of the few rich Nigerians in diaspora?

Few rich Nigerians in diaspora,really? What country do you live in?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by defbond1: 1:18am On Feb 14, 2013
Any sensible human being wants to live in his own land with his own people and be able to enjoy his freedom as a citizen of that land, security,, have basic amenities etc. .
However, when people feel oppressed, conned, enslaved and disadvantaged in their own land.they find greener pastures.
Growing up in Nigeria, I thought life was good.. Yes it was but for all the wrong reasons. Now I know better.
Dear philosopher, I understand you love nigeria like most "NIDs" (sic) do but what you are experiencing I n Naija is not different from slavery. Slavery is bad when its from your brothers and even worse when you think you are free.... It's like playing a lead role in a cage...
I don't blame you though, standing back from a situation gives you the perfect view. If you're in it. You can't see it.
Haven said all. I still love nigeria to bits but can only wish her well. And to Nigerians, please if you get a chance, make a change! Remember nigeria has got all it takes to cater for all the 155,000,000 people in it. but the leaders have over the years, successfully dragged it to the muds, made it a world servant, a laughing stock. A corrupt joke.
So if you, reading this post, happen to be a local councillor, a governor, a president, politician and....to all Nigerians, think about the millions of people that would suffer for any injustice or looting you do. Think about the generations that you would have failed before doing. It. Nigeria is for Nigerians. Not for a certain group of people!

All the best.
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by abifoluwa: 1:32am On Feb 14, 2013

Yours sincerely,
Nigerian in Nigeria
Atilola Moronfolu

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by MacDaddy01: 1:36am On Feb 14, 2013
murtalaa: congratulations, after how many toilets? grin

No, after enjoying political money at the expense of govt slaves like you cool
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by MacDaddy01: 1:36am On Feb 14, 2013
dessy002:

Few rich Nigerians in diaspora,really? What country do you live in?

419 much?
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by abifoluwa: 1:37am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by murtalaa(m): 1:38am On Feb 14, 2013
MacDaddy01:

wow, and i was imagining what could be worse than toilets. shocked
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by nitusa: 1:39am On Feb 14, 2013
I will respond to you in bullet point and I want you to answer my questions while I await your responses ASAP:
Do you know how much NID send home to take care of their family and friends at home if they don't care?
Are you telling me I should send my kids to Nigeria when I read the Nigeria newspapers online of carnage everyday?
Do you know Nigeria in diaspora invest in Nigeria more than you know?
Do you know many Nigerians in diaspora excel in the field they take up except few who want to act like your govt(419)?
Do you know you are very ignorant?
Do you know majority of NID do not have any problem with Nigerians in Nigeria except your so called dumb leaders that destroyed your morals?
Do you know that NID gives back and ready to give back whenever needs arises?
Do you know for so many years we live out here we don't pay bribes and we are not ready to pay or be involved with bribes?
In your right senses will you take the known for the unknown?
Are you really saying this or you just want to promote your blog?
I am waiting for your answers and I will provide you 200 more questions for your homework.

Thanks

9 Likes

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by margaritav(f): 1:42am On Feb 14, 2013
shocked
Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by abifoluwa: 1:43am On Feb 14, 2013
margaritav:

Well, everyone is waiting for things to change in Nigerian. On a different note, I am not single and you're funny lol

Re: A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora by margaritav(f): 1:45am On Feb 14, 2013
nitusa: I will respond to you in bullet point and I want you to answer my questions while I await your responses ASAP:
Do you know how much NID send home to take care of their family and friends at home if they don't care?
Are you telling me I should send my kids to Nigeria when I read the Nigeria newspapers online of carnage everyday?
Do you know Nigeria in diaspora invest in Nigeria more than you know?
Do you know many Nigerians in diaspora excel in the field they take up except few who want to act like your govt(419)?
Do you know you are very ignorant?
Do you know majority of NID do not have any problem with Nigerians in Nigeria except your so called dumb leaders that destroyed your morals?
Do you know that NID gives back and ready to give back whenever needs arises?
Do you know for so many years we live out here we don't pay bribes and we are not ready to pay or be involved with bribes?
In your right senses will you take the known for the unknown?
Are you really saying this or you just want to promote your blog?
I am waiting for your answers and I will provide you 200 more questions for your homework.

Thanks

I couldn't have said it better myself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NIMC: 406 Sacked Staff To Face Criminal Charges / Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self / Shina Peller's Security Aides Reinstated: 'Letter Sent Without Clearance'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.