Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. (13959 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent / Chris Oyaks Embarks On 40 Days Fasting And Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
k2039: Giving up nairaland sounds more like it.
maybe, one step at a time...
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
I need to start fasting. From today,I rebuke food.

1 Like

Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by k2039: 6:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

You don't ask someone you did not offend for forgiveness,do you? In fact,forgiveness is a virtue an enlightened person must have . He who does not forgive is ignorant.

Therefore, the bible god acts childish and immature. Unless he is not real!
It sounds fair to you, if I blow up your head with a gun, ask for forgiveness afterwards and walk free on the face of the earth without facing the consequences of my action.

1 Like

Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
k2039: Blow off someones head with a gun, leave the traces behing such that it will be obvious you are the one.

Ask God for forgivness afterwards and see if God will save you from facing the law.

Then you can then disagree with my theory.
Jesus is the escape route. He's alwaz there to break the yoke and lighten burden resulting from our sins
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by lakefist(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
if ure not fasting must you comment?
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Adaeze003(f): 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
omiobo:
Jesus is the escape route. He's alwaz there to break the yoke and lighten burden resulting from our sins
With forgiveness, you'll definitely feel lighter but God might not stop you from getting pregnant/contracting AIDS after being reckless or stop you from going to jail after committing a crime.
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Adaeze003:
With forgiveness, you'll definitely feel lighter but God might not stop you from getting pregnant/contracting AIDS after being reckless or stop you from going to jail after committing a crime.

what you are passing through on earth as a result of your sins cant stop you from making from heaven if you have been forgiven. Heaven is the utimate prize for all believers
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Rooneyboy(m): 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
I've been so lazy to fast ooo, I feel sooo guilty, I'll surely pick a week in this 40 days where by I'll fast 6am-6pm daily
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Rooneyboy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dextra: DAY 2 (February 14):
Second day of lent. Fasting mode still activated. My colleague at work brought very nice valentine cake angry Was a tough one for me not to dig in.
I spent all day (Valentine) at work. Thank God it was terrible busy, though I prayed for it. Spent some part of the day sending job application for somebody beside myself! grin I felt it's an act of love! I hope he gets the job, I'll be glad.
who is he to u
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Cleverley(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
I'n in, God lead me through. Amen
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Gbaba1: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
I observe lent too but dis yr i 'll be stoping at 12:00 at most 3pm cos am sch and i play footbal. I hope it's ok
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by prairie(f): 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
binger: Well,am not catholic,so we don't do penance.
Btw,how does saying copious 'Our father' ,'hail Mary' etc,cleanse ur sin or grant u forgiveness?
God cleanses our sins, saying penance is just an act of contrition and sorrow for our sins
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by prairie(f): 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Shollypopz:
I know I hv no business on this thread, I was about to un-follow the darn thread until u quoted me. Now, I plan to torment you religious folks and derail the hell out of it. Apologize!
wow it's been long, we are ever ready for u shawty smiley
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
prairie: God cleanses our sins, saying penance is just an act of contrition and sorrow for our sins
Okay...thanks for the spiritual education.smiley
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Adaeze003(f): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
omiobo:

what you are passing through on earth as a result of your sins cant stop you from making from heaven if you have been forgiven. Heaven is the utimate prize for all believers
Ya.. I'm not saying otherwise. Just trying to make you understand k2309's point 'God can forgive you but might not save you from the consequences of your sin' here on earth. Get my drift?

@ those who r not Christians, can you guys just not comment on the thread? Its not like you're getting paid to reply threads.
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by vanstanzy(m): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
Infact ehn! the temptation is much o. Food and drinks ehn! Right now, i dey drink my chilled harp larger beer and

feeling very happy. My fasting will start tomorrow, by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
Adaeze003:
Ya.. I'm not saying otherwise. Just trying to make you understand k2309's point 'God can forgive you but might not save you from the consequences of your sin' here on earth. Get my drift?

@ those who r not Christians, can you guys just not comment on the thread? Its not like you're getting paid to reply threads.
lol! Who go fit pay me? Seun self no fit. Just trying to learn.
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by kaslaw: 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
Day1 nt 2 hard day2 nt dat hard day3 hard day4 dont even knw u fasted d tym rush bt 2day i eat anything dat cums mah way so 2moro may b hard bt askin d grace of God last year i did 38 bt dis i pray dat God will give me strength 2 ave a complete lent 40/40 6-6
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by vanstanzy(m): 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dextra: DAY 2 (February 14):
Second day of lent. Fasting mode still activated. My colleague at work brought very nice valentine cake angry Was a tough one for me not to dig in.
I spent all day (Valentine) at work. Thank God it was terrible busy, though I prayed for it. Spent some part of the day sending job application for somebody beside myself! grin I felt it's an act of love! I hope he gets the job, I'll be glad.

That someone else other than urself na ur guy? *Just curious!*
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Agrika: 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Is not the abstinence from food thats my problem, i can go for 2 days without food is how to pray most especially the rosary and all that....
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by joerux60: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
at our parish, we have been encouraged to fast with a difference.
"for every meal that you don't take during this oeriod, please ensure
that you give the equivalent of that meal to the disadvantaged." that
was the msg from our priest. maybe we could all try to do likewise
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
@op have u lost any weight yet? I‘ve just started my fast. It will be a water fast. I will drink only water for two weeks, no food at all.
I need to cleanse my body, spirit and soul. Wish me luck!
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
@op have u lost any weight yet? I‘ve just started my fast. It will be a water fast. I will drink only water for two weeks, no food at all.
I need to cleanse my body, spirit and soul. Wish me luck!
safe journey!
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
omiobo: I need to start fasting. From today,I rebuke food.
when did i post this? This must be from someone else,i just cant do without food.
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
omiobo:
safe journey!

Thankyou I‘ll try to report my progress. Are you fasting 2?
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
omiobo:
when did i post this? This must be from someone else,i just cant do without food.

lol cheesy are you serious?
Re: Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. by omiobo: 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Thankyou I‘ll try to report my progress. Are you fasting 2?
i understand it's 4odays and 4o nights. mine wil start from 8pm and ends 8am everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam / 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism / Revd Michael Olusegun Is The New Methodist Church Archbishop Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.