Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 (144164 Views)

Pwc Graduate Hire 2014 Closes November 10 2013... / GSK Recruits Graduate Trainees In Nigeria 2013 / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by teexzle: 9:59pm On May 18, 2013
Exactly u made sense, I just dunno if d discussions were supervised
wordthots:

Bro, guess it would be good to have an idea of the answers before hand, but i doubt if getting the right answer is as important as you having the right traits during the session.
My point is this what's most important is your ability to work with the team, lead, and show the following:initiative,decisiveness,organisational ability etc This is my opinion anyways
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by RealJabak: 10:12pm On May 18, 2013
yomihagin: . Thanks a lot for the piece of info.Please did u hear anything about the format of the group discussion and how long it lasted? How long did the personal interview last too ? thanks once again.Anyone in the house with answers to these question should pls respond too.One Nigeria

Group discussion is quite brief & basically centers on topical issues in the country and what I think matters most is individual participation & teamwork. Personal interview duration varies and the questions differ.
Hope that's concise enough. wink
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by yomihagin: 10:32pm On May 18, 2013
Tnx man.U hit arrow at the right point.That's just I wanted to hear.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by ogbuanuca: 6:38am On May 19, 2013
Thanks so much guys for sharing. Mine is tomorrow, I will definitely brief you.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by dactrez: 12:39pm On May 19, 2013
House please I need some clarifications on the form! Under what part does NYSC experience fall, that's the only office experience I had! And that part of other information are we supposed to write out our strengths or additional infos like diabilities!! Please HELP!
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by yomihagin: 5:59pm On May 19, 2013
ogbuanuca: Thanks so much guys for sharing. Mine is tomorrow, I will definitely brief you.
All the best at tomorrow's interview my broda.May the Lord be with you.Amen.No forget ur brodas for nairaland ooo.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Pisces290(f): 9:40pm On May 19, 2013
hello everyone. I wanna thank all those who have been selfless enough to share their PwC experience with us and encourage us to follow suit. I am a recent ex-otondo with no accounting background.In fact I graduated with a degree in Biochem and I wanna believe God is the only reason I have made it his far in the recruitment process. My interview is slated for the 23rd May. I'll be sure to share my experience. I wish us all the best!!!
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by wonda26(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2013
Thanks to all contributing to this thread. Pls, to those who have done the interview, i want to ask about the means of identification stuff as requested. I want to know if they were very strict about it. What happens if one doesn't have any of those 3 accepted ID? Or what about if one's ID just expired?
Thanks
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by wordthots: 5:54am On May 20, 2013
Pisces290: hello everyone. I wanna thank all those who have been selfless enough to share their PwC experience with us and encourage us to follow suit. I am a recent ex-otondo with no accounting background.In fact I graduated with a degree in Biochem and I wanna believe God is the only reason I have made it his far in the recruitment process. My interview is slated for the 23rd May. I'll be sure to share my experience. I wish us all the best!!!

I also don't have a background in accounting, but i don't think it matters much. I think we will be just fine, Check out the emboldened

Our core values of excellence, teamwork and leadership have sustained us throughout our history.

What we value and how we work together is defined by our people with aspirations and individuality, who share the same vision and values who are committed and talented.

To be able to stay on top of our business, PwC is determined to keep attracting such outstanding people, and we believe you can be one of them.

To participate in our annual Graduate Recruitment Programme, you do not need to have an accounting background. Your attitude and potentials are what really matters to us when we invite you to join us.

Your career growth will be constantly supported by the variety of learning opportunities we offer our people.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by ogbuanuca: 11:50am On May 20, 2013
The first stage is over. It was a group thing..where they gave us an issue to resolve. You participation in the group is important.

3 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 20, 2013
ogbuanuca: The first stage is over. It was a group thing..where they gave us an issue to resolve. You participation in the group is important.
I hope the group exercise was a success. Were you given a topic to discuss or a problem situation to solve?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by dactrez: 5:09pm On May 20, 2013
Okk guys Anthony and I were in d same group, the group excercise was nice lasted 15 minutes. A topic is given and you discuss! Try to work as a team and be concise with time! Don't bother asking for topics cos I mean it will be different but it sure is about Nigeria sha! We talked about +ne long topic I can't remember now loool (I seriously can't it was like 3 lines) it had to do with building the local capacity of our country sha! Then the personal interview is interactive and almost an hour, they'll ask u ? Based on what u say and other issues! Try to be honest and smart!! 3 pple will interview u and they will give u biscuits lool! Wish u all the best!
For me I believe in helping cos I know that the fact I give out the info doesn't make me loose my spot if d job is mine! Y'all shld just relax! Have fun and research bout the company as well!
You see I put this epistle down that's cos I don't want any jamb questions looool! I've said ALL I can.

Lastly try to be in time that's just plain ethics! All the best

3 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by joboy834: 5:17pm On May 20, 2013
dactrez: Okk guys Anthony and I were in d same group, the group excercise was nice lasted 15 minutes. A topic is given and you discuss! Try to work as a team and be concise with time! Don't bother asking for topics cos I mean it will be different but it sure is about Nigeria sha! We talked about +ne long topic I can't remember now loool (I seriously can't it was like 3 lines) it had to do with building the local capacity of our country sha! Then the personal interview is interactive and almost an hour, they'll ask u ? Based on what u say and other issues! Try to be honest and smart!! 3 pple will interview u and they will give u biscuits lool! Wish u all the best!
For me I believe in helping cos I know that the fact I give out the info doesn't make me loose my spot if d job is mine! Y'all shld just relax! Have fun and research bout the company as well!
You see I put this epistle down that's cos I don't want any jamb questions looool! I've said ALL I can.

Nice 1 bro. Waiting to hear more info on the interview
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by joboy834: 5:17pm On May 20, 2013
dactrez: Okk guys Anthony and I were in d same group, the group excercise was nice lasted 15 minutes. A topic is given and you discuss! Try to work as a team and be concise with time! Don't bother asking for topics cos I mean it will be different but it sure is about Nigeria sha! We talked about +ne long topic I can't remember now loool (I seriously can't it was like 3 lines) it had to do with building the local capacity of our country sha! Then the personal interview is interactive and almost an hour, they'll ask u ? Based on what u say and other issues! Try to be honest and smart!! 3 pple will interview u and they will give u biscuits lool! Wish u all the best!

Nice 1 bro. Waiting to hear more info on the interview
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 20, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing! So how many were you in your group? 15 minutes seems really short.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by omotology: 9:07pm On May 20, 2013
should we pack our own snacks....like sandwiches or u had access to their canteen
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by ogbuanuca: 9:48pm On May 20, 2013
Dactrez has said it all. We were five in a group. The personal interview was more of a chit-chat. Be open minded and upbeat. Think about all those situations u led a team, had a conflict, made a wrong decision that affected others, etc etc. If ur core discipline aint core acc, u should consider how u can do well at pwc even without the acc major.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Roliks09: 11:35pm On May 20, 2013
Thanks guys, for keeping us abreast. Mine's still far(4 my mind) - june 12th. All d best to others.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by dustyeric(m): 3:14am On May 21, 2013
Please need help filling the form , are we suppose to fill in an actual amount in the salary expected even tho they already have a structured salary system?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by wordthots: 4:38pm On May 21, 2013
Just finished mine n it was great...the questions were really not structured.I was hoping for a build up (easy to hard) bt dint get that o, questions were based on my answers. So js be urself, stay confident n relax.
Like d earlier post, think of times When u led a group or bn in a Group, managing conflict n for those not in d acctn 'why on earth u chose pwc'.
Wish y'all the very best...

Believn God for the best

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by wordthots: 4:41pm On May 21, 2013
Also abt d discussion just be yourself, stay organized, dnt be too dominating n d reverse too dnt be too quiet. Make sure ur contributing.
About the topic there's rily no point cause they have tons of those, bt one things sure its abt nigeria...

All d best
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by NDFischer: 5:57pm On May 21, 2013
wordthots: Just finished mine n it was great...the questions were really not structured.I was hoping for a build up (easy to hard) bt dint get that o, questions were based on my answers. So js be urself, stay confident n relax.
Like d earlier post, think of times When u led a group or bn in a Group, managing conflict n for those not in d acctn 'why on earth u chose pwc'.
Wish y'all the very best...

Believn God for the best

@Wordthots.. I just want to say a big "THANK YOU" to you and every other person that has shared their experiences here for others to learn from.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Carsonv(m): 6:55pm On May 21, 2013
Big thanks to you all that gave us heads up here...wish I had the opportunity to have done same. Mine is 17th July.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Ayokunle11(m): 7:24pm On May 21, 2013
Carsonv: Big thanks to you all that gave us heads up here...wish I had the opportunity to have done same. Mine is 17th July.
July 17th? Thats a long time o. Thought the stage stops in june
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Westlord: 5:30am On May 22, 2013
I am begining to think d@ its going to be just 1 interview. Please for those who have done, did U have a Partner on the panel of interviewers? or better still, How many made up d panel & who was the highest person & did dey say wh@ would b next?
This is 'cos it appears its 5 people per day & with wh@ Banke said (over 1000 successful) d@ 'll b @ least 20 working days. So 4 d 17th july, I 'm nt suprisd & konsidrng d fact d@ d FY ends june 30th.
Wel if U hav an idea or opinion, pls lay it.
Thanks
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by joboy834: 5:46am On May 22, 2013
Westlord: I am begining to think d@ its going to be just 1 interview. Please for those who have done, did U have a Partner on the panel of interviewers? or better still, How many made up d panel & who was the highest person & did dey say wh@ would b next?
This is 'cos it appears its 5 people per day & with wh@ Banke said (over 1000 successful) d@ 'll b @ least 20 working days. So 4 d 17th july, I 'm nt suprisd & konsidrng d fact d@ d FY ends june 30th.
Thanks
@westlord. I don't get ur 'over 1000 successful'. Do u mean that we hd more 1000 pple at the interview stage? But going by ur 5 pple per working day for atleast 20 working day analysis, we shld be abt 100. Pls I need more clarity
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by wordthots: 10:06am On May 22, 2013
Westlord: I am begining to think d@ its going to be just 1 interview. Please for those who have done, did U have a Partner on the panel of interviewers? or better still, How many made up d panel & who was the highest person & did dey say wh@ would b next?
Thanks

we were 8 in all, but i think 2 pple were missing.
we were divided into 2 groups of fours n we (my group) faced 2partners n 1hr person for the discussion ( the other group faced a different panel).
the interview was one afta the oda based on how early we came n it was basically same partners bt ds time d HR lady was replaced by Banke. the other group faced their own panel.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Westlord: 10:41am On May 22, 2013
wordthots:

we were 8 in all, but i think 2 pple were missing.......
........ the other group faced their own panel.

Tanx, dis is a more comprehensive info naw I undastand y d intervw is quite a long process & it underscores y certain aspect were contractd 2 SHL.
@Joboy..., d@ 20 was actualy meant 2 b 200 bt naw I assume 100 courtesy, Wordthots. Banke stated d@ over 1000 made it 2 d verification stage & d@ dey can take 1000 people as far as they get the RIGHT peopl dey want & by carful analysis, I want 2 put d figure d@ must hv bn droped by verification/personalyty tests to bring d total figure of those still on to 1000 & wt 10 candidate per session, it makes 100 working days at most whc makes it most probable th@ its gonna b just 1 intervw stage & having a Partner there increases d@ probability.
I 'm also made 2 understand d@ its actualy a 'mass' recruitment bt nt sure of d info. Hope U got it Joboy.
Thanks
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by einsteine(m): 11:06am On May 22, 2013
100 working days is 20 weeks or 5 months. Nobody is going to be doing interviews for that long. I think there are about 200-300 people left after the personality test and the interview would last for 6 weeks or so.

Westlord:

Tanx, dis is a more comprehensive info naw I undastand y d intervw is quite a long process & it underscores y certain aspect were contractd 2 SHL.
@Joboy..., d@ 20 was actualy meant 2 b 200 bt naw I assume 100 courtesy, Wordthots. Banke stated d@ over 1000 made it 2 d verification stage & d@ dey can take 1000 people as far as they get the RIGHT peopl dey want & by carful analysis, I want 2 put d figure d@ must hv bn droped by verification/personalyty tests to bring d total figure of those still on to 1000 & wt 10 candidate per session, it makes 100 working days at most whc makes it most probable th@ its gonna b just 1 intervw stage & having a Partner there increases d@ probability.
I 'm also made 2 understand d@ its actualy a 'mass' recruitment bt nt sure of d info. Hope U got it Joboy.
Thanks
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Rexphobia(m): 11:43am On May 22, 2013
einstein_e:
100 working days is 20 weeks or 5 months. Nobody is going to be doing interviews for that long. I think there are about 200-300 people left after the personality test and the interview would last for 6 weeks or so.

I will rather go with this assumption...5 months is pretty long! And I can remember Banke saying that there will be a month interval between when the interviews will be completed and resumption date...for some people to resign and sort other things out... Hypothetical date of resumption: 1st of August and 1st of Sept( if a lot of candidates scaled through).

Hence, interviews should end not later than end of June.

@ Carsonv, please confirm if you meant 14th of June? July bawo....
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by Westlord: 11:52am On May 22, 2013
einstein_e:

D@ can b correct. I 'm only working wt d best possible figure I am sure of d@ was said by Banke & also to coroborate dis, she equaly said d resumption 'll be in batchs wit d 1st in August.
Though thngs can change, I understand Ur point as I 'll want to agree wt Ur opinion.
@TheBean, Ur voice hvnt bn heard 4 some time naw or is it readng mode?
Thanks
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 by TheBeam(m): 2:56pm On May 22, 2013
Westlord:

D@ can b correct. I 'm only working wt d best possible figure I am sure of d@ was said by Banke & also to coroborate dis, she equaly said d resumption 'll be in batchs wit d 1st in August.
Though thngs can change, I understand Ur point as I 'll want to agree wt Ur opinion.
@TheBean, Ur voice hvnt bn heard 4 some time naw or is it readng mode?
Thanks

Loool.....it's The BeaM oh, not beaN!

Yeah, I've had 2 study round-the-clock dese past few days. Just finished d last of my papers so here I am again

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply)

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 / Nirsal And Cbn Recruitment Is Going On / Diamond Bank 2015 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.