Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

20 Things To Do Before You Leave University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Things To Do Before You Leave University (1245 Views)

Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK / Ten Books You Should Read Before You Leave This Earth / 50 Things To Do Before You Leave University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things To Do Before You Leave University by Freezle(m): 11:19am On Feb 14, 2013
1. Dye your hair

2. Have a sleepover

3. Go on a date with someone you would normally say no to - give them a chance

4. Do something – anything! – silly, for charity

5. Take part in a protest

6. Teach someone something

7. Read a book that isn't study-related

8. Play an elaborate prank on a housemate

9. Study in every library that exists at your university (like you're ‘on tour' - but studying)

10. Go and see the art departments' end of year shows

11. Make your own booze

12. Go inside (and have a little explore of) every building that is part of the university

13. Have an incredibly elaborate picnic on a uni green space one lunch time

14. Sit in on a lecture that's completely out of your field, but that you've always been fascinated by

15. Join a society for something you've always wanted to do, but never got round to

16. Apply for internships and jobs

17. Turn up at a 9 am lecture along with all the other students dressed in your PJs and dressing gowns

18. Go to the careers office and speak to them completely honestly - whatever your thoughts and fears, loves and hates...

19. Learn a new sport or instrument or activity that you never thought you would

20. Go on a blind date and Your work here is done)
Re: 20 Things To Do Before You Leave University by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
5 always ends up wit police and rubber bullets no thanks
16 :-/ I wld rather watch tv
21 take a picture whilst sitting on the shoulders of CR Swart's statue grin
Re: 20 Things To Do Before You Leave University by Freezle(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
mondi_cheeks: 5 always ends up wit police and rubber bullets no thanks
16 :-/ I wld rather watch tv
21 take a picture whilst sitting on the shoulders of CR Swart's statue grin

You so right about 5 but there can be this peaceful protest, i was part of one in school and the police actually accompanied us.
Re: 20 Things To Do Before You Leave University by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
17-get laughed at beyond your imagination
Re: 20 Things To Do Before You Leave University by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
1. Dye your hair = Done
2. Have a sleepover = Done
3. Go on a date with someone you would normally say no to - give them a chance = Done, although it wasn't really a date.
4. Do something – anything! – silly, for charity = Done
5. Take part in a protest = Done
6. Teach someone something = Done
7. Read a book that isn't study-related = Done
8. Play an elaborate prank on a housemate = Can't do it. I don't want to be killed in my sleep.
9. Study in every library that exists at your university (like you're ‘on tour' - but studying) = A lot of the libraries that are in my school are for specific departments and unless you have a departmental ID card, you can't get into them so; Not done.
10. Go and see the art departments' end of year shows = Can't do it. The art departments are in another campus that is far away.
11. Make your own booze = I don't drink.
12. Go inside (and have a little explore of) every building that is part of the university = Done.
13. Have an incredibly elaborate picnic on a uni green space one lunch time = Came close to doing this but didn't.
14. Sit in on a lecture that's completely out of your field, but that you've always been fascinated by = Done. I loved it so much and wanted to return back again for more lectures but I didn't can't remember why I didn't, maybe I forgot or I was busy.
15. Join a society for something you've always wanted to do, but never got round to = Done. But I left the society after a short time. The whole thing was too mushy for me. They had this routine that involved holding hands and singing (LWKMD)at the end of every meeting. The society had a good cause though.
16. Apply for internships and jobs = Done.
17. Turn up at a 9 am lecture along with all the other students dressed in your PJs and dressing gowns = Lol. How do you get others to join you?
18. Go to the careers office and speak to them completely honestly - whatever your thoughts and fears, loves and hates... = Can't do it. I can only open up to select people.
19. Learn a new sport or instrument or activity that you never thought you would = Done
20. Go on a blind date and Your work here is done = Almost did it but backed out at last minute. That really upset the guy. grin

There is hardly anything daunting on this list. I was expecting stuff like;
1.Have dinner (or at least lunch) with a Lecturer. Perfectly innocent of course. You are just doing it to pick their brains.
2. Start a club for something you are passionate about or if the club already exists, strive to become the president and improve on the way things are done.
Re: 20 Things To Do Before You Leave University by Odunnu: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
22.Take a picture with a local actress/actor grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Unijos Students: Update On Resumption. / ASUU Strike: FG Under Pressure To Rescind Sack Threat / Riot In Uniosun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.