Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) (6590 Views)

Over 700 Idol Worshippers In Mecca Dead / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
italo:

Are you a true follower of Christ?
whatever i am, God knows.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
italo:

All these things you are doing, Jesus never did. Yet you blame others for doing things that Jesus never did. That is hypocrisy.

we will continue to feed you people like babies.

Here is the food:
Christ never worshiped idol and we were told never to do so. Christ never married but we were encouraged to marry.

So chose the good and leave the bad.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boomark:

we will continue to feed you people like babies.

Here is the food:
Christ never worshiped idol and we were told never to do so. Christ never married but we were encouraged to marry.

So chose the good and leave the bad.

Christ never had a Bible, the apostles never had a Bible...

Why do you have a Bible?

Who ever encouraged you to have a Bible?

Who even mentioned the word "Bible?"
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Segeggs: whatever i am, God knows.

So you dont know whether you are a true follower of Christ...

Why then do you claim to know that other people are not true followers of Christ.

You are a hypocrite. No?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

Why do you have a Bible?

Haven't i told that i call my own "scrolls" or the "book of the word of God"? Is any rcc father angry about that?

1 Like

Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

So you dont know whether you are a true follower of Christ...

Why then do you claim to know that other people are not true followers of Christ.

You are a hypocrite. No?
what i am is between me and my Father...dont u get it?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

Why do you have a Bible?

stop beign blind! Christ had scrolls which he read to know about the prophets. When he died he became the testator of the NT that was written by the apostles for us to know about christ. Without the NT, we would all be blinded by the ways of the RCC.

calling the book bible or whatever is not what matters but the word therein.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
Segeggs: what i am is between me and my Father...dont u get it?

...But what Catholics are is not between we and our Father, abi?

Hypocrite!
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Segeggs: stop beign blind! Christ had scrolls which he read to know about the prophets. When he died he became the testator of the NT that was written by the apostles for us to know about christ. Without the NT, we would all be blinded by the ways of the RCC.

Are you now denying the Bible?

Do you read the Bible or not?

If you do, show me where Christ read it or told us to read it, simple.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:

Haven't i told that i call my own "scrolls" or the "book of the word of God"? Is any rcc father angry about that?

Your own what?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by oyestephen(m): 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2013
If you read the bible well...there'll always be doctrinal differences.....if you read the bible well.....circumcision was a big problem...until GOD HIMSELF showed peter a revelation that the gospel should come to the gentiles, and even in the trance...he was obstinate...but finally GOD made the jews understand that gospel was for all...until GOD gives you a revelational knowledge about somethings, no one else can convince...instead of fighting...ask him to explain things to you....above all...the key to seeing him once again is in hebrews 12:14....follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the lord
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: stop beign blind! Christ had scrolls which he read to know about the prophets. When he died he became the testator of the NT that was written by the apostles for us to know about christ. Without the NT, we would all be blinded by the ways of the RCC.

Without the catholic church they would have been no bible let alone the NT you are talking about.You even be quoting from the heretical gospel of Judas now.

The fact remains that Jesus did not read the bible.He did not even touch the NT you are talking about.He even read and quoted from books outside the bible.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2013
italo:

...But what Catholics are is not between we and our Father, abi?

Hypocrite!
i cant tell u of my relationship with God to avoid self-righteousness but as for catholics, what they are is between them and their father the devil.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

Without the catholic church they would have been no bible let alone the NT you are talking about.You even be quoting from the heretical gospel of Judas now.

The fact remains that Jesus did not read the bible.He did not even touch the NT you are talking about.He even read and quoted from books outside the bible.
RCC and its members should stop claiming as if they wrote the books of the bible which they only compiled.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: RCC and its members should stop claiming as if they wrote the books of the bible which they only compiled.

Yes we compiled it.we decided the contents of the bible.we decided the books that got in and what stayed out.You do not even know who wrote the gospels without the catholic church too bad!!
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Enigma(m): 9:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: RCC and its members should stop claiming as if they wrote the books of the bible which they only compiled.

They did not even compile the Bible. Their claim that they "compiled" it is fraudulent and based on falsehoods and twisting of the facts of history.

See for example https://www.nairaland.com/1039359/canon-bible-roman-catholic-church

and now https://www.nairaland.com/1254965/eastern-orthodox-church-orthodox-catholic

smiley
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 13, 2013
italo:

Are you now denying the Bible?

Do you read the Bible or not?

If you do, show me where Christ read it or told us to read it, simple.
john 8:31 "if you abide by my word,you are my disciples indeed"--jesus christ.
How are we to do that if the word isnt written?

1 peter 2:2 as new born babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby.

How are we to do that without the word written?
the apostles wrote letters to disciples to strenghten their faith; these letters became guides that RCC compiled and are now sitting on as if they wrote them.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2013
Italo never quotes the bible, he only says what his priest/pope says and when he manages to quote a verse, its always twisted.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: john 8:31 "if you abide by my word,you are my disciples indeed"--jesus christ.
How are we to do that if the word isnt written?

1 peter 2:2 as new born babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby.

How are we to do that without the word written?
the apostles wrote letters to disciples to strenghten their faith; these letters became guides that RCC compiled and are now sitting on as if they wrote them.

The facts remains that these letters were not the only written letters circulating in the first four centuries of christianity.The fact remains that the catholic church decided what went into the bible.The collections of scriptures today called the bible were the handwork of the cathplic church.Do live with it.

Talking about who wrote what,can you prove to me from the bible that Mattew,Mark,Luke and John wrote any gospels?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 13, 2013
You just asked a dumb question.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
Segeggs: You just asked a dumb question.

How is that kweshion dumb?the entire gospels were anonymous for christ sake !!
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
italo:

All these things you are doing, Jesus never did. Yet you blame others for doing things that Jesus never did. That is hypocrisy.
I SAID that these people are HYPOCRITES, but some people thought I was JOKING.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: I SAID that these people are HYPOCRITES, but some people thought I was JOKING.

No mind them.The catholic church is evil yet it compiled the bible that is the basis of the protestant faith.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
italo:

Your own what?

BOOK. cheesy

I call that book, Scrolls or the book of the word.

You wan catch me? Mba n!
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
Segeggs: You just asked a dumb question.

Do you need to tell him that?

Tell him to also prove from the bible that catholics decided what went into it(bible).
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Lovethywilbedon: 11:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
Boomark:

Tell him to also prove from the bible that catholics decided what went into it(bible).
YOU must have posted this by mistake otherwise something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2013
Boomark:

I never said catholics practice sola scripture.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2013
Segeggs: i cant tell u of my relationship with God to avoid self-righteousness but as for catholics, what they are is between them and their father the devil.

We Catholics can also easily say: "we cant tell u of our relationship with God to avoid self-righteousness but as for anti-catholics like you, what you are is between you and you father the devil."
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2013
Segeggs: Italo never quotes the bible, he only says what his priest/pope says and when he manages to quote a verse, its always twisted.

Okay let me quote a verse that is related to this topic and let us see who will twist it.

2 Thess 2:15: 15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

This verse shows that there are teachings that should be held on to, which were not written by the apostles, but passed on by word of mouth. Meaning , not every teaching is in the Bible.

How do 'twist' this?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by italo: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2013
Boomark:

BOOK. cheesy

I call that book, Scrolls or the book of the word.

Which book?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

No mind them.The catholic church is evil yet it compiled the bible that is the basis of the protestant faith.

the book of the word of God am using was not compiled by catholic. There is nothing in the printing and the hard cover that mentioned catholic.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 9:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: YOU must have posted this by mistake otherwise something must be wrong somewhere.

You do err for not knowing what prompted my response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Christianity Support Immorality And Pacifism? / God Of The Day / Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.