Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) (6589 Views)

Over 700 Idol Worshippers In Mecca Dead / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 10:24pm On May 06, 2013
Sal C: Even by following what was written, am yet to see two churches that completely agree. Now to the issue of don't go beyond what is written, if we take it at face value, we can rightly conclude that Paul was asking the corinthians not to go beyond what was written in the two books written to them.

The Corinthians were having divisions among themselves, 1Cor 1:10-11. Paul then urged them not to go beyond what is written, 4v6. He wrote them letter of admonition and also taught them.

What are the things that are written?

1Tim 3:16-17
All scripture(ie all that is written) is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching,...
17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

They were always urged to write down the revealed truth for teaching, etc. I believe whatever truth they receive will be written down and spread to the various churches for teaching.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Syncan(m): 12:22am On May 07, 2013
Boomark:

which church building are you talking about, where you can find all you need?

Am not sure of the spirit that was guiding those men to agree on trinity. What the Holy spirit inspired which was written is different from what those men choose to agree on. Stop putting your trust in men.

hehehe, now you are quarreling with scripture, 1Tim3 :15 "...the church, the pillar and foundation of truth".

Ok, you're not sure which spirit led them, how are you sure about the spirit that led them to accept the songs of solomon and reject the gospel of thomas as scripture for the universal church? How are you sure which spirit led the apostles to observe Sunday instead of Saturday observed by Jesus as sabath? And you didn't put your trust in men in all these! Let me not go further abeg .
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Syncan(m): 12:42am On May 07, 2013
Boomark:

The Corinthians were having divisions among themselves, 1Cor 1:10-11. Paul then urged them not to go beyond what is written, 4v6. He wrote them letter of admonition and also taught them.

What are the things that are written?

1Tim 3:16-17
All scripture(ie all that is written) is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching,...
17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

They were always urged to write down the revealed truth for teaching, etc. I believe whatever truth they receive will be written down and spread to the various churche?s for teaching.

First and foremost, paul was addressing a specific issue and not on the totality of their belief.

Things written also includes 2Thess 3:15 "...hold on to...Oral and written traditions...".

Moreso 1Tim 3:16 said "all scripture" it did not say "only scripture", can't you see a world of difference there?

where exactly were they urged to write down the so called revealed truth? So truth transmited orally loses its authenticity, but whatever is written becomes truth right?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2013
Syncan:

hehehe, now you are quarreling with scripture, 1Tim3 :15 "...the church, the pillar and foundation of truth".

Ok, you're not sure which spirit led them, how are you sure about the spirit that led them to accept the songs of solomon and reject the gospel of thomas as scripture for the universal church? How are you sure which spirit led the apostles to observe Sunday instead of Saturday observed by Jesus as sabath? And you didn't put your trust in men in all these! Let me not go further abeg .

I asked if it is a church building. The issue of Sabbath is very clear. We are no longer under the law of Moses. So the people you are talking about should not boast. The apostles even made it clearer in Acts.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 7:50pm On May 11, 2013
Syncan:

First and foremost, paul was addressing a specific issue and not on the totality of their belief.

Things written also includes 2Thess 3:15 "...hold on to...Oral and written traditions...".

Moreso 1Tim 3:16 said "all scripture" it did not say "only scripture", can't you see a world of difference there?

where exactly were they urged to write down the so called revealed truth? So truth transmited orally loses its authenticity, but whatever is written becomes truth right?

The issue he address was all about following Christ instead of men. Read from verse 1 of 1Cor.

To cut this short, what did the church fathers say is the meaning of "Godhead?" we will concentrate on this alone.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Syncan(m): 9:40am On May 12, 2013
Boomark:

I asked if it is a church building. The issue of Sabbath is very clear. We are no longer under the law of Moses. So the people you are talking about should not boast. The apostles even made it clearer in Acts.

Do you need to ask? Me thought what is written is clear to you, not so again?

hahaha, "we are no longer under the law of moses", need I remind you that its the third; of the ten commandments, we are talking about here. And should you have forgotten, it was written! Why not tell your story to the seventh day Adventists, when they cry "what was written" to you. You simply pick and choose after 1800yrs and you think you'll be right?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Syncan(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2013
Boomark:

The issue he address was all about following Christ instead of men. Read from verse 1 of 1Cor.

To cut this short, what did the church fathers say is the meaning of "Godhead?" we will concentrate on this alone.

Now you are giving me your interpretation of the passage. Why should I accept yours? What background knowledge do you possess? 2Pet.3:16 is still before me as a caution. You should take heed too.

Are you suggesting we officially derail this thread to what Godhead means?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 10:27pm On May 14, 2013
Syncan:

Do you need to ask? Me thought what is written is clear to you, not so again?

hahaha, "we are no longer under the law of moses", need I remind you that its the third; of the ten commandments, we are talking about here. And should you have forgotten, it was written! Why not tell your story to the seventh day Adventists, when they cry "what was written" to you. You simply pick and choose after 1800yrs and you think you'll be right?

And it is also written that we should not allow anyone judge us about keeping the Sabbath, that is who now belong to Christ. Col 2:16-17. wink Read this one carefully, Heb 4:3-10. If you enter God's rest, you have rested from your works, the Sabbath we observe TODAY or daily it is. Tell the SDA's i said so.

Since you are still under the law, how many people have the church stoned to death according to the law?
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 11:06pm On May 14, 2013
Syncan:

Now you are giving me your interpretation of the passage. Why should I accept yours? What background knowledge do you possess? 2Pet.3:16 is still before me as a caution. You should take heed too.

Are you suggesting we officially derail this thread to what Godhead means?

2Peter 3:16 is for the untaught, should be above that.

Don't worry, i will create a thread on that and see if i will get any answer.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Syncan(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2013
Boomark:

And it is also written that we should not allow anyone judge us about keeping the Sabbath, that is who now belong to Christ. Col 2:16-17. wink Read this one carefully, Heb 4:3-10. If you enter God's rest, you have rested from your works, the Sabbath we observe TODAY or daily it is. Tell the SDA's i said so.

Since you are still under the law, how many people have the church stoned to death according to the law?

I really should give you back your own prescription,Heb 4:3-10 actually helps you understand that Paul wasn't proposing the doing away with the sabbath in col 2:16-17. The sabbath is a day of rest and in that Heb 4:7, it is limited to a certain day (not any day). In verse 8 it could have been understood by the SDAs that Jesus did not change the day from what it used to be. History has shown that the early church observed the sabbath and still gathered together in the homes to break bread on Sunday, Please see Acts 18:4. Research the matter a little and you'll understand what I'm saying and when Saturday was substituted for Sunday. Do not get me wrong,I can defend the use of Sunday with the authority given to the Church by Our Lord Jesus Himself, however I do not submit to this authority in one and challenge it in another. I submit in Her authority to remove circumcision as a prerequisite for becoming a covenant child (Acts 15 Jerusalem), I submit in Her authority in deciding which books to make public as a single unit(Bible) to aid the universal christian communities (393AD Hippo-following), I submit in Her authority to affirm that Father, Son and Holy Ghost are Divine (325AD Nicea,381AD Constantinople), I submit in Her authority to declare that Mary is mother of God (431AD Ephesus). I believe because the gates of hell shall not overcome her Matt 16:18, I believe because what She bounds is considered bound Matt 16:19. I submit my intellect to faith in Jesus Crucified as found in the good news which the church is the custodian, I submit my intellect to faith in all that the church teaches, for the church is the pillar and foundation of truth 1Tim 3:15, and I am safe in her care.
Re: Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) by Boomark(m): 9:06am On May 16, 2013
Syncan:

I really should give you back your own prescription,Heb 4:3-10 actually helps you understand that Paul wasn't proposing the doing away with the sabbath in col 2:16-17. The sabbath is a day of rest and in that Heb 4:7, it is limited to a certain day (not any day). In verse 8 it could have been understood by the SDAs that Jesus did not change the day from what it used to be. History has shown that the early church observed the sabbath and still gathered together in the homes to break bread on Sunday, Please see Acts 18:4. Research the matter a little and you'll understand what I'm saying and when Saturday was substituted for Sunday. Do not get me wrong,I can defend the use of Sunday with the authority given to the Church by Our Lord Jesus Himself, however I do not submit to this authority in one and challenge it in another. I submit in Her authority to remove circumcision as a prerequisite for becoming a covenant child (Acts 15 Jerusalem), I submit in Her authority in deciding which books to make public as a single unit(Bible) to aid the universal christian communities (393AD Hippo-following), I submit in Her authority to affirm that Father, Son and Holy Ghost are Divine (325AD Nicea,381AD Constantinople), I submit in Her authority to declare that Mary is mother of God (431AD Ephesus). I believe because the gates of hell shall not overcome her Matt 16:18, I believe because what She bounds is considered bound Matt 16:19. I submit my intellect to faith in Jesus Crucified as found in the good news which the church is the custodian, I submit my intellect to faith in all that the church teaches, for the church is the pillar and foundation of truth 1Tim 3:15, and I am safe in her care.

My brother, don't submit yet let look at the word which is the standard for the church of God. An that word is what made the church the pillar and foundation of truth, 1Tim 2:15. I will break it down.

Heb 4:3-10
There is a "place of rest" in God and a "day of rest(ie Sabbath day)." they are two different things. Sabbath=rest form works and Sabbath day is the day of that rest.

Joshua did not lead the people into that into that place of rest v8 even as they rest every Sabbath day. Another day was spoken of which is "Today" if you listen to His voice.

In v3, you will see that God is now resting since He finished His works long ago. Those who enter that place of rest are those who have believe/exercised faith v3. So there is a Sabbath resting for the people of God, If you enter God's rest you are observing your Sabbath, v9,10. You can enter that rest today by exercising faith in Christ, through him you will go to the Father and rest with Him.

You can choose any day to fellowship with the brethren. Have you seen how mine is from God's word and not a mere decision by men? Did your church follow that standard?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... / Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Does Christianity Support Immorality And Pacifism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.