Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles (18255 Views)

Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by CGKing(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
Does a governor have the right to do stuff like this with public funds? I don't think so. It sounds offensive to me.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Demdem(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

What legions? Are u that close to them?

u dont need to be close to them for u to know that they are complaining. listen to the news. just last month when fallen heros were celebrated all over the country, come listen to complaints all over the country from legions as regards their entitlements, pensions etc.Not even gifts oooo.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Idi Amin: Vote STEPHEN OKECHUKWU KESHI for President 2019. This culd also be expectd soon:/

Yeah right! undecided undecided undecided Now that'll be overdoing it!
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Chudi99(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
I now understand why the likes of Banc was crying wen bukina faso faild to lift the trophy. i think he foresaw al this goodies sleeping out of their hands
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

u dont need to be close to them for u to know that they are complaining. listen to the news. just last month when fallen heros were celebrated all over the country, come listen to complaints all over the country from legions as regards their entitlements, pensions etc.Not even gifts oooo.

Nna ehn! All these legions u are talking about, who are these legions?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by crusufixo(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
ebamma: when my mates were busy playing football my parents told me that they were useless and that education was the best way out of poverty and i believed them, now armed with a Bsc i'm driving truck for dangote while my useless area guys are earning millions through football #You lied to me dad.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe !!!!! LWKMD !!!!!!!!, You cracked my ribs with ya comment bro !!!! lol !!!!. Well, i feel ur pain bro. But then all i can say is this, whatever it is u are doing right now, just put in ur best, be patient and pray about it, your success would most def com, and when it comes, nobody can stop you. for these so-called area boys, now is their time, and like i said earlier , your time would come too. Its well bro.... peace !!!!
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Francuiz: 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2013
I think they deserve it. Its dia tym to shine. They might nt have dis opportunity again
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Phikom(m): 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2013
ebamma: when my mates were busy playing football my parents told me that they were useless and that education was the best way out of poverty and i believed them, now armed with a Bsc i'm driving truck for dangote while my useless area guys are earning millions through football #You lied to me dad.
never too late dude...
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Demdem(m): 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

Nna ehn! All these legions u are talking about, who are these legions?

ex-servicemen in the country are called the Legions.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by ifedun2: 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
Na 'over do' dey 'kill' us for this country!Haba.Na wetin?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by alex406(m): 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
Wow
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by sobastical: 3:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
Its getting too much please, why all this donating competitions? Only God knows what BRF go give them today, maybe half of the of Lagos state..
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by dulphines: 3:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
I beg i need Keshi's email or phone contact. The houses are coming in large numbers. I need one to run an orphanage.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by CGKing(m): 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2013

Lol. Because ur governments encourage trash. I have never heard any democratic government do these kinds of rewards. Education is truly the way out of poverty, but when the elite and the government begin to reward these kind of practices, it will spell doom for the nations future. There is the case of some kids who created a urine powered generator. A guy who made a car and even one who experimented on an aeroplane. What of an indeginouse automobile assembly plant. Any rewards for creativity? Any investment in research in science and technology? Nada!!!! After they be bagged their PhDs, it's as though they want to keep the public under while their kids study abroad to take over

Guy u r on the right path, no matter what u r doing right now. Your investment will pay off. Just keep praying.

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vocalprince(m): 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
God Bless my dearest country and provide for us as our government provide only for those who have succeded already!!! What a Way of poring kettle water into ocean. SMH. Singin African China, Our government bad o!
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by CGKing(m): 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2013

Lol. Because ur governments encourage trash. I have never heard any democratic government do these kinds of rewards. Education is truly the way out of poverty, but when the elite and the government begin to reward these kind of practices, it will spell doom for the nations future. There is the case of some kids who created a urine powered generator. A guy who made a car and even one who experimented on an aeroplane. What of an indeginouse automobile assembly plant. Any rewards for creativity? Any investment in research in science and technology? Nada!!!! After they be bagged their PhDs, it's as though they want to keep the public under while their kids study abroad to take over

Guy u r on the right path, no matter what u r doing right now. Your investment will pay off. Just keep praying.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

ex-servicemen in the country are called the Legions.

OK! cool cool U would have said that all along. grin Well, in that regard, govt has an evil conspiracy around that, and that's were they fall our hands.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by scobaba: 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
The Naira rain is better than the rotten handshake of yester years. More Naira especially, for the Home Based. Una no see sunday mba face...omo na long term hunger and struggle ooo.

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by JamesLucia: 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
[quote
author=PROUD-IGBO]I think they've got enough monetary rewards, don't
you? They should ask anyone that wants to give them more money, to give
it to an orphanage or old peoples home in their name......especially the
wealthy foreign players like Obi Mikel.[/quote]

my friend, Nigerians r not generous its only whites who donates their trophies to charity. well few can still do it secretly.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by CGKing(m): 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

Some people are busy saying the govt is taking this gesture too far. I for one, think they deserve it, cos remember no one gave them a chance before and during the AFCON tournament.
Keshi and his lads have done well and they should be rewarded, and while we are at it, also encourage the younger and older ones. grin grin grin

It's a bad move by the government. Was it part of their 2013 budget? A lot of things deserve this from Nigerians. Not this and certainly not at this time. If the monies were put into facilities for the purpose of encourage sports it could have been even thoughtful nevertheless, I still feel that in the matter of public funds, Nigerians should decide how they r spent. This thing can't happen in the west. Or does it?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by TheEnforcer: 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Previously,Mikel obis dad was just a vulcaniser,parching tubes and mending mending tyres.Of course,only a fool would envy him at the time.Now,his father is the MD of a transport company,with more than a hundred buses.Obi himself earns in excess of 18 million naira weekly.Football does change lives,astonishingly!
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by park007: 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
They will soon give dis guys oil block.
Failure is an orphan.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Eziachi: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
You got to give it up for Nigerians and the scheming rulers. Any tangible sort of success, they all jump in head long trying very hard to be associated with it.
I wonder what they will do if they're to win the world cup? Maybe renamed the atlantic ocean after him, this is the same guy they wanted to sack two weeks ago. grin grin I am counting now which traditional ruler will roll out the first chieftaincy titles.

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by iamdsam: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
This really doesn't make much sense. This is a coward act by Uduaghan. How dare he reward the Super Eagles with money when he has been unable to provide basic social amenities in Delta State like pipe-borne water, road, health care centres, security etc
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by iamdsam: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
This really doesn't make much sense. This is a coward act by Uduaghan. How dare he reward the Super Eagles with money when he has been unable to provide basic social amenities in Delta State like pipe-borne water, road, health care centres, security etc
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by CGKing(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
henryblaze25:
Please don't player hate them, that is what u expect to see when u are a success so join them in celebrating, if ur family member happens to be among the winning team, would u have said such. Abeg make we learn to dey happy with people when dem don succeed.

Wrong mentality. We r happy that they succeeded and we rejoice with them. But I highly oppose the use of public funds over such frivolity. These guys r wealthy already. Why not direct the monies in a way to affect Nigerians positively in Honour of the super eagles.

I will say the same thing if it were me or my brother, I have a conscience.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by JadeWilliam(f): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
God of suddenly is at work.Its their year of recovery.Let them get what they can frm d govt cos the ppl at d top govt are lootin d funds.D pension guy looted 2billion naira&got bail.God bless Keshi&al d players.Afta winning 1994 olympics,wot did they get? Abeg if NL ha somthng 2giv them,let them contribute too.For the 1st tym,Naija had somthng 2celebrate jooor.Even foreign coaches cudn't get d cup for us during d 19yrs period.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Costa2000(m): 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I think they've got enough monetary rewards, don't you? They should ask anyone that wants to give them more money, to give it to an orphanage or old peoples home in their name......especially the wealthy foreign players like Obi Mikel.
You de talk like say u no know our gov.well well,if they no carry dis money give SE dem go carry am buy SUV for those actresses with big backyard.Do they care for orphanage or old peoples? NO.Adazi enu and Adazi ani no de let dem see road,make SE chop the money abegi.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by BlackBaron: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Beginning to hinge on extreme.

They've certainly raked in million of dollars at the last count, cars, endorsements and homes all over the country.

Meanwhile our brilliant minds...
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by oddy4real(m): 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
Now playing 'the Horse, the son and the Man' by Ebenezer Obey!
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
ibromanner: Its their time. Let them take advantage of the opportunity. We may never hear about them again for life.
Gbam,celebrate with dem so dat ur way will open,don,t forget that these are still d players almost all nigeria has writen off. Come to think of it, no gov,will bring thay kind of money for project just forget it.If this d only way for them to give us back the money they hv stolen ,is not bad.when d players invest wisely me and u can eat from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Qatari Man (@nass) Protests Spamming By Nigerians On Twitter. / Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / Adebayo Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.