Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles (18250 Views)

Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / Boko Haram: Army Chief Renames Operation In Maiduguri / ‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by olokfor: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2013
Delta State governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, has towed the Federal Government’s line, rewarding members of the victorios Super Eagles team to the just concluded African cup of Nations with millions of naira.
At the reception held at the Asaba internationalevent center, Mr. Uduaghan also named the Asaba stadium after the team coach, Stephen Keshi, an indigine of the state.
Mr. Keshi also got N8million cash reward plus a duplex in the state capital.

Mr Keshi’s assistants, Dan Amokachi, Sylavnus Okpalla, and Ike Shorunmu got N4m each while each player gets N 2.5m cash.
Members of the team who were old and present players of Warri Wolves FC got N5million. The beneficiaries are Sunday Mba, Chigozie Agbim, Azuibike Egweke, and Brown Ideye.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/delta-governor-names-asaba-stadium-after-keshi-pours-naira-on-super-eagles/

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:48am On Feb 15, 2013
I think they've got enough monetary rewards, don't you? They should ask anyone that wants to give them more money, to give it to an orphanage or old peoples home in their name......especially the wealthy foreign players like Obi Mikel.

19 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
The players should know what to do with the money. Its double portion, next levels for them. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by brownlord: 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
k
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Demdem(m): 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I think they've got enough monetary rewards, don't you? They should ask anyone that wants to give them more money, to give it to an orphanage or old peoples home in their name......especially the wealthy foreign players like Obi Mikel.

i agree. i think its now getting out of hand. By the way, are these monies budgeted for?

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
BEAUTIFUL!!! When will ma turn come?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ah ah___there showering of gifts should stop nau
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by ba7man(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gov Uduaghan can add that to the list of his acheivements while in office.

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by ak47mann(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
very good cool
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by webcityng: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
SE WILL BEAT ANYBODY THIS TIME AROUND OH WITH MONETARY REWARD COMING FROM EVERY CONNER grin grin grin

SPAIN WATCH OUT LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by ebamma(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
when my mates were busy playing football my parents told me that they were useless and that education was the best way out of poverty and i believed them, now armed with a Bsc i'm driving truck for dangote while my useless area guys are earning millions through football #You lied to me dad.

39 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by valdubem(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Waste of tax payers money.

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by OMG2013(m): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
The naira-rain should PLS stop especially from State Government....I prefer they put de money in d welfare of clubs and provide more infrastructure for generations coming to be able to achieve more than what the present eagles has achieved.

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
olokfor: Delta State governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, has towed the Federal Government’s line, rewarding members of the victorios Super Eagles team to the just concluded African cup of Nations with millions of naira.
At the reception held at the Asaba internationalevent center, Mr. Uduaghan also named the Asaba stadium after the team coach, Stephen Keshi, an indigine of the state.
Mr. Keshi also got N8million cash reward plus a duplex in the state capital.

Mr Keshi’s assistants, Dan Amokachi, Sylavnus Okpalla, and Ike Shorunmu got N4m each while each player gets N 2.5m cash.
Members of the team who were old and present players of Warri Wolves FC got N5million. The beneficiaries are Sunday Mba, Chigozie Agbim, Azuibike Egweke, and Brown Ideye.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/delta-governor-names-asaba-stadium-after-keshi-pours-naira-on-super-eagles/

Some people are busy saying the govt is taking this gesture too far. I for one, think they deserve it, cos remember no one gave them a chance before and during the AFCON tournament.
Keshi and his lads have done well and they should be rewarded, and while we are at it, also encourage the younger and older ones. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Chrisjane(f): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
I hope say money go remain 4 runnin state affairs. Just saying
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by babadey(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
Now,this is pissing me off. What has keshi done that ₪ö coach in africa hasn't done to the extent of naming a stadium after him *sighs*...I think zambia make that their coach president one day. Lobbish
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by dare2think: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
lol at the show of wealth especially coming from a government official. lol

My gift better pass your gift.

Those players deserve every bit. Best they utilise it. The government has a penchant of forgetting past glories.

So, please let them keep collecting o.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Demdem(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

Some people are busy saying the govt is taking this gesture too far. I for one, think they deserve it, cos remember no one gave them a chance before and during the AFCON tournament.
Keshi and his lads have done well and they should be rewarded, and while we are at it, also encourage the younger and older ones. grin grin grin

i asked a question earlier but u didnt answer.
What about those that have laid their precious lives for this country? what should or have been done for them or their loved ones still living?

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
ebamma: when my mates were busy playing football my parents told me that they were useless and that education was the best way out of poverty and i believed them, now armed with a Bsc i'm driving truck for dangote while my useless area guys are earning millions through football #You lied to me dad.

Eyah! Nice super story! cheesy cheesy Am already forming tears in my eyes. grin
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
Keshi will soon hav duplexes across d 36 states. 4 God's sake, pple ar dyin of hunger n u guys (govt) re busy feedin som overfed stomachsad

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by babadey(m): 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

Mr wise,what if he wins world cup 2014,super eagles as a sector should be added to nigeria budget abi?

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Abujafood: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
All these cash gifts is just plain hypocrisy.

Government didn't provide enough cash to develop sports in the country but when the super eagles win the AFCON they decided to show-off by splashing money on the team.

Why not splash money on sports development so that corporate bodies can adequately reward these athletes.

7 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

i asked a question earlier but u didnt answer.
What about those that have laid their precious lives for this country? what should or have been done for them or their loved ones still living?

Govt is coming to that, their rewards is still in the pipeline. grin grin grin
But seriously, its not all heros-past that have been forgotten. The Military can attest to that.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
[quote
author=ebamma]when my mates were busy playing football my parents told
me that they were useless and that education was the best way out of
poverty and i believed them, now armed with a Bsc i'm driving truck for
dangote while my useless area guys are earning millions through football
#You lied to me dad.[/quote]ITS NOT LATE BRO, JUST BURN D CERT. AND JOIN D AREA BOYS. ANUMANU:/

4 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by touchmeder: 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Let me not hear anyone of these guys in donkey hears complaing of money and how they need help. Far be it from them i pray. All this plenty money they are giving them left right and center please put it to good use. Congrats once more guys
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by henryblaze25(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Please don't player hate them, that is what u expect to see when u are a success so join them in celebrating, if ur family member happens to be among the winning team, would u have said such. Abeg make we learn to dey happy with people when dem don succeed.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

Govt is coming to that, their rewards is still in the pipeline. grin grin grin
But seriously, its not all heros-past that have been forgotten. The Military can attest to that.

The legions are in a better position to answer that and believe u me, they are lamenting.
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Vote STEPHEN OKECHUKWU KESHI for President 2019. This culd also be expectd soon:/

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by vanstanzy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

The legions are in a better position to answer that and believe u me, they are lamenting.

What legions? Are u that close to them?
Re: Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles by ibromanner(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Its their time. Let them take advantage of the opportunity. We may never hear about them again for life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Government Floats New Transport Authority / Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT / Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.