Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,940 members, 7,952,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects (5141 Views)

Okorocha Embarks On Economic Mission To Vietnam And Other Asian Countries - PICS / Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by bankoleben(m): 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Governor Henry Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa yesterday plunked down a whopping N3 billion as mobilisation fee for two flyover bridges in Yenogoa, the state capital. The total cost of both projects is N15.6 billion, SaharaReporters has learned.
Dickson’s action comes at a time that millions of residents in coastal areas of the state remain cut off from the rest of the world. Most of Bayelsa’s communities are not accessible by road, making the construction of bridges a critical necessity.
It will be recalled that General Andrew Azazi, a former National Security Adviser, lost his life in a helicopter crash in Bayelsa last December while returning from one such community.
Dickson, who personally presented the upfront payment to the management of Julius Berger, said that the flyover bridges would add aesthetics to Yenagoa.
As the governor made his aesthetics move, critical infrastructure such as roads and bridges that were damaged in the recent flood disaster are still begging for attention, and there is no drinking water.
One of the flyovers Julius Berger will be constructing, at Tombia Road/Edepie Junction, is valued at N9.8 billion. The second one, valued at N5.8 billion, will be sited at a roundabout at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) petrol station.
Bayelsa State last month received a total of N15,215,365,755.87 from the Federation Account, according to figures from the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Commission in Abuja.
Total deductions at source stood at N2,385,690,315, and the balance net inflow at N12,829,675,439.91.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/bayelsa-embarks-n156-billion-%E2%80%98white-elephant%E2%80%99-flyover-projects
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by bankoleben(m): 11:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
This is what can be best described as a misplacement of priority! The State government came up with the idea of 'Hero's Park' the other time simply because there are no accessible roads to Azazi's village the other time, instead of rising up to its responsibility Dickson is more concerned about adding 'aesthetics' to Yenagoa.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Bacteriocin(m): 12:16am On Feb 17, 2013
Same here with Amosun of ogun state.
He built a bridge that is as useless as used condom pack and he is boasting while people are suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:46am On Feb 17, 2013
I think he's aping Akpabio, forgetting that flyovers are first and foremost for traffic control reasons.....aesthetics is a secondary benefit. Besides, where are the vehicles in Yenagoa to justify this expense? I would have said this was ok if it had been for cities like Owerri, Onitsha, Port Harourt or Aba; they have the need for such given the traffic bottlenecks and holdups witnessed on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Kingslaw(m): 1:56am On Feb 17, 2013
If you don go villages for that state you go know say " them really need bridges and flyovers " see water for almost all the villa.God help them.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by koruji(m): 4:40am On Feb 17, 2013
N15.6 billion worth of aesthetics for Yenogoa !!!
Food don land be dat.
Meanwhile people in the creeks can eat oil oozing out of the pipes.
Awon ole olosa.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by koruji(m): 4:42am On Feb 17, 2013
They need real bridges over the rivers, not flyovers and definitely not in already developed Yenogoa.
Kingslaw: If you don go villages for that state you go know say " them really need bridges and flyovers " see water for almost all the villa.God help them.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Akshow: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2013
Bacteriocin: Same here with Amosun of ogun state.
He built a bridge that is as useless as used condom pack and he is boasting while people are suffering.
or useless like a condom vending machine in the Vatican city. Lol
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Tolexander: 9:28am On Feb 17, 2013
why is seriake prickson acting like a hunter's dog that couldn't chase a grasscutter but chose to kill toad, lizard, etc that are not really useful for the hunter
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by MadCow1: 10:14am On Feb 17, 2013
Okay o!

If Yenegoa does not have a traffic problem, why is he doing this? Answer; Asthetics.

People wey their 3000 Naira mud house spoil for flood never even rebuild am, na flyover government they focus on. Maybe the plan is for all Bayelsans to stay on top the flyover during the next flooding. Hmm... If so, then not a bad investment at all...

As you can see, this flyover is the only thing that can save Bayelsa... Good thinking mr governor..
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by eagleeye2: 10:24am On Feb 17, 2013
T.A. Orji na im mentor.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Rowlandjude(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2013
Thieves on the loose, i believe the flyover money is not up to that amount they said it is.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2013
Does he want to construct Bayelsa version of 3rd Mainland Bridge or London Bridge?
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 17, 2013
How much will he thief from the project? And what's the neccessity of this flyover or is this man sick?.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by deor03(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2013
How can I buy Julius Berger shares....
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 17, 2013
When the clueless governs, such stories make head lines.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by seanet01: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2013
Bacteriocin: Same here with Amosun of ogun state.
What a lame conclusion. The flyovers constructed by Amosun are needed ones you ediot.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by 9ijaprince(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2013
This is a welcome development i must say. This will help ease up the traffic gridlock at tombia junction axis.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by ochukoccna: 11:40am On Feb 17, 2013
And to think AIT has flooded the airwaves with 'Dickson is working' propaganda of recent!
One would have thought he would seek to create flood barriers and expand flood channels [if those even exist]
That he would mandate a team to go learn from the Dutch and other countries which are under sea level
But hey, what else do you expect, when one has fish oil in lieu of brain cells? embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Capnd143(m): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2013
If im like make im build tins as useles efifel tower of france or as useful as world trade center, as far im provide employment for my 170 milions black brothers, no wahala, as far as the project is completed, no problem, because surely it wil be useful one day.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by obongoboy: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2013
Halve of that money will go for gej 2015 planed election... Foooools

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by otokx(m): 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
another washy project, pdp - share the money.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by FlyboyZee: 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
Well! I have read all your comments above and realized y'all don't even know Yenagoa. I'm a motorist who lives in Yenagoa. The G'vnor might have used the wrong word "AESTHETICS" but that does not mean that we don't need such infrastructures in Yenagoa. Since the ban on Okada was implemented in August last year, there has been an unprecedented increase in motor vehicles in Yenagoa which has also generated serious unprecedented traffic snarls in those areas mentioned. Most especially, the traffic hold up around that Tombia roundabout has become suddenly terrible that motorists now take one way (drive against traffic on the other lane) during such snarls & this happens on a daily basis. Although, of course, the cost might be astronomical high which we all must agree, but those bridges are a necessity.

So if you don't live in Yenagoa and don't know what the current traffic situation in Yenagoa is right now, just STFU and leave us to develop our state the way it pleases us. SMH for all o' ya.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by drlizzy(f): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
Looting on the spree
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by drlizzy(f): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
Looters on the spree
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by OmoTier1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
Flyboy Zee: Well! I have read all your comments above and realized y'all don't even know Yenagoa. I'm a motorist who loves on Yenagoa. The G'vnor might have used the wrong word "AESTHETICS" but that does not mean that we don't need such infrastructures on Yenagoa. Since the ban on Okada was implemented on August last year, there has been an unprecedented increase in motor vehicles in Yenagoa which has also generated serious unprecedented traffic snarls in those areas mentioned. Most especially, the traffic hold up around that Tombia roundabout has become suddenly terrible that motorists now take oneway during such snarls & this happens on a daily basis. Although, of course, the cost might be astronomical which we all must agree, but those bridges are a necessity.

So if you don't live on Yenagoa and don't know what the current traffic situation on Yenagoa is right now, just STFU and leave us to develop our state the way it pleases us. SMH for all o' ya.
In your thinking you have made a contribution to the discussion undecided Chei! My Niger delta people... Time don leave una behind cry
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by joe4christ2008(m): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
i was thinking this project will be connecting interior villages like all those in southern Ijaw and others, but its so surprising that its just yenagoa.
Governor, what about the roads/brideges to connect those interior villages to the state capital?
Why are some people kept in isolation? Is it that they are not Bayelsans?

Please look deep into Bayelsa and lets have a lasting answer and solution.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by duality(m): 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bad belle people. non Bayelsans are telling Bayelesans that thy don't deserve flyovers in their state. whereas some sycophants celebrated a bridge in Ogun state. the thread was almost up to ten pages of praise singing and political party superiority. Dickson wants to develop the state and some folks are condemning the idea claiming that Bayelsa don't need or deserve such project. some folks are just plain silly or maybe it is just ITK. I'm not from bayelsa but i just don't condemn things coz I'm not connected to it. Such attitude is witchcraft.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by FlyboyZee: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In your thinking you have made a contribution to the discussion undecided Chei! My Niger delta people... Time don leave una behind cry
What is your own contribution? I guess you don't even know which road leads to Bayelsa from wherever you live, yet, the first thing you do online is to challenge anything that you myopically don't know anything about. I'm a Bayelsan, working in and around Bayelsa, but resident in Yenagoa, so I know what we Bayelsans want and need at this time. Its better you take that your silly shittty piece of advice to your own state G'vnor & leave us in Bayelsa alone with our G'vnor and our Flyovers. We in Yenagoa aren't complaining. So please, Get the F**K off.

joe4christ2008: i was thinking this project will be connecting interior villages like all those in southern Ijaw and others, but its so surprising that its just yenagoa.
Governor, what about the roads/brideges to connect those interior villages to the state capital?
Why are some people kept in isolation? Is it that they are not Bayelsans?

Please look deep into Bayelsa and lets have a lasting answer and solution.
FYI, immediately HSD was sworn in as G'vnor, the first thing he did was to reactivate and re-award contracts for those roads leading to the rural arrears in the three senatorial zones in the state. One was awarded to Julius Berger PLC, another to CCECC and the third one to one Dantata & Sawoe. So now Mr. whats your beef with the Gov. Fashola is working, right? I was in Badagry in the first week of December, 2012 and was miffed by what I saw. There was actually no development going on there. Let ask. Is Badagry not a part of Lagos? No wonder Jesus said, we refuse to remove the logs in our eyes, but yet we complain of the specks in other people's eyes. More over, so people in Yenagoa, which is the hub of government, social, economic and political activities in the state should suffer from traffic gridlocks and waste valuable man hours in traffic while there are roads that nobody plies to the rural arrears. Is that your thinking?

ochukoccna: And to think AIT has flooded the airwaves with 'Dickson is working' propaganda of recent![if those even exist] embarassed embarassed
What then would you say of G'vnors Amaechi and Rochas who practically live on AIT.

ochukoccna: One would have thought he would seek to create flood barriers and expand flood channels [if those even exist]
That he would mandate a team to go learn from the Dutch and other countries which are under sea level
But hey, what else do you expect, when one has fish oil in lieu of brain cells? embarassed embarassed
This flood that happened in 2012 affected a lot of state and not Bayelsa alone. FYI, Lagos remains the State in Naija with the lowest elevation. It rains very hard in Bayelsa all year round, yet there are no floods until last year's disaster. How many of those things you recommenede has the Lagos State G'ment put in place. More over such projects don't come cheap.

blink182: When the clueless governs, such stories make head lines.
What has been your contribution to your immediate community, not to talk of your Local Government or State, Mr. Clues.

bankoleben: This is what can be best described as a misplacement of priority! The State government came up with the idea of 'Hero's Park' the other time simply because there are no accessible roads to Azazi's village the other time, instead of rising up to its responsibility Dickson is more concerned about adding 'aesthetics' to Yenagoa.
Visit those places mentioned in Yenagoa and come back and make a comment. I'm waiting for your comment.
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by peterprecious: 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
some are just out to speak against pdp states,some pdp states are working more than lagos.the man Wants to develop state capital & pple are complaining, why?
Re: Bayelsa Embarks On N15.6 Billion Flyover Projects by Demdem(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
Bayelsa has always been unlucky with governors since 1999. All these started from the retardeen. The thief Alams is still the best so far. Won't give up on Dickson yet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throw-back: See Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan 2015 Campaign Photos In Kano / Buhari's Son Yusuf Applied For NNPC Job As A Graduate Trainee / NIPSS: Buhari To Receive Universal Healthcare Funding Report Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.